Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Are NOT Playable!

Comments

• Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Welp that's a bit of a tear in my heart. I do not understand the whole point of not wanting them to be playable in game. Just like what Mirita said I do not trust the AI auto in here. I also had plans for them in a story revolving around them but now I guess that can be discarded off the list...
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I got very stressed out training my pets in Sims 2. Now that was very lifelike for both my own pet dogs.

I hope you can get one from the dog's home fully house trained like my second one!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe they might include a cheat that lets us control pets, like in Sims 2.

If not, the modders can probably fix it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Let's hope there aren't more restrcitions to be revealed later on. *Recalls City Living Hype*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I'm fine with this. It was always a bother to control them because i like to play with autonomous actions off. Aaaand this is more realistic also :lol:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    You can't talk about realism here... :D You control sims which is unrealstic lul.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm glad I won't have to put on a dog mask and go eat kibble anymore.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't mind I liked sims 2 pets and in sims 3 I left them with free will.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I can't wait. Wonder if I'll end up with an evil cat like I have IRL. He only loves my son and hates the rest of us.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Woot. This is exactly what I wanted, so it's all gravy, baby. B) Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for pet shows and a color wheel in regular CAS and Buy mode.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think this is actually a good thing for realism. They will feel more like actual pets this way
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am really happy about this!
  • Options
    misspukekomisspukeko Posts: 23 Member
    Very happy about this!
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    In the minority but I don't like this. Could pets not be spontaneous without removing this option? People not wanting to control them could choose not to but those that wanted to could.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So what if my dog decides to go for a walk? How am I supossed to call it home?
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I wish they were making them like in sims 3, controllable for those who want to control them, and for those who don't they can control their own selves. I didn't like sims 2 pets as it was so hard to build up relationships with your pets, and so many times I was afraid the dog would run away from home due to low social or not eating. I would fill their bowls and sometimes they were near starving and only then would they eat. I would purposely get another dog for my dogs to socialize with each other so I didn't have to have my sims always socialize with the dogs to keep them happy, and just about every darn time, both dogs wouldn't socialize with each other, leading to their having very low social unless I kept up with socializing with them, and I spent a lot of sim hours doing that very thing which made it less fun.

I was excited at first when I saw this, and was so ready to buy, but now this might be a deal breaker for me. I am going to reserve judgment and look at the live stream when it comes out, and other reviews before I plunk down 40.00. Sigh.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    yaaaaaaaay no playable pets! :) Exactly what I wished for them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    I can't wait. Wonder if I'll end up with an evil cat like I have IRL. He only loves my son and hates the rest of us.

hahaha I almost spat my drink on to my PC reading this I must stop reading threads while drinking something-) mine just does not act like a cat at all he constantly looks at me as if I am stupid especially if I buy him something he doesn't like or try to play with him using cat toys he just gives me that look and wanders off slowly..

so this is your cat then :)

FcVjCYy.jpg

and this is defo my cats attitude :)

NMeZ1d8.jpg

getting on topic again can anyone explain what the differences are going to be between series 2 and 3 cats/dogs to the 4 version?

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    For those that want to control them don't fret, TS2 has a cheat to control pets and I'm sure TS4 will too.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In the past it could be very annoying at certain times. Like when they were stuck and you couldn't make them eat and they died. I hope there will be a cheat. It could also be annoying when everyone else was asleep and the pet slowed down the time to slow speed and you just wanted them to go to their bed, so the game could return to ultra speed and the dog or cat wouldn't die because of fast time, if they were asleep. I hope there is a cheat...please.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.