Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Killing our Sims is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do

plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
MAXIS_KILLED_MY_SIM.jpg

Maxis killed one of my Sims so I haven't played as much today - I haven't played at all since they killed my Sim.

I think it is unfair that Simmers who are enjoying playing the game can be punished by Maxis and have their Sim/one of their Sims killed off.

I think it was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.

Plus you cannot save a Sim when this happened. As soon as I realised what was going on, I tried to use ResetSim which basically turned my Sim into an urn.

Utterly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.

My Sim apparently died of laughter - words to that effect.

This system of killing Sims should be optional - there was no reason for my Sim to be killed.
Post edited by plopppo2 on

Comments

• Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    reload your save, goober
  • Options
    LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    Isn't there a cheat to turn off death?

Many players such as myself enjoy the chance for random deaths. They're already so much less common in S4 I would hope that they wouldn't lower the odds even more.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Just rez him via the wishing well. Return him to your household and have him shell out that Big Cash Money to the well over and over. Eventually it'll have to give you the goods aka Life.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Ah I love unexpected deaths. It always forces me to get creative even when it completely goes against my plan and my wants for the game. Unfortunately I've NEVER had an emotional death yet. They must be difficult to achieve.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If one of my main families never contributed to the next generation (didn't have a child yet) and died, then I'd be upset. It happened recently and I was furious, since resurrection is difficult and I'm a generational player (I need potentional mates for the next generation).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Have you ever played the sims 1 or 2? The game would throw random deaths in all the time!
    I'm sorry your sim died but I like the deaths. The sims 4 needs more of that kind of thing. I've never had an emotional death either.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I know this is a troll thread, but sim deaths are part of The Sims series. As others have said, you should have seen the random deaths in the original The Sims. The sequels are nothing in comparison.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Entitlement is strong on this one.

In all seriousness, there is a cheat to disable death. You can roll back a save, too.
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2017
    "Death is a part of life, TS4 is a life simulation"
    -Woolenhat the Wise :lol:
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Not knowing is part of the fun, but sometimes I wonder if you are 12 or 67 years old. I am sure the actual answer would literally blow my mind, so I am quite content just pondering the question once in a while ...
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    MAXIS_KILLED_MY_SIM.jpg

Maxis killed one of my Sims so I haven't played as much today - I haven't played at all since they killed my Sim.

I think it is unfair that Simmers who are enjoying playing the game can be punished by Maxis and have their Sim/one of their Sims killed off.

I think it was a plum thing to do to a Simmer.

Plus you cannot save a Sim when this happened. As soon as I realised what was going on, I tried to use ResetSim which basically turned my Sim into an urn.

Utterly plum thing to do to a Simmer.

My Sim apparently died of laughter - words to that effect.

This system of killing Sims should be optional - there was no reason for my Sim to be killed.

I think that is so wrong, :' ( Next time just exit the game do not save, just exit. Have you tried going back to an old save game? also if you have that person in your library you can just put them back into the household. next time beg the grand reaper that works mostly.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Firstly there are ways in-game to ressurect a dead sim. It's complicated and hoop jumpy but it's doable (and is potentially easier if you have the wishing well).
    Secondly there are cheats and mods that can be used to ressurect a dead sim without jumping through the hoops to do it the other way.
    Thirdly quit without saving and/or roll back to a previous save if you don't want her dead.
    Fourthly if you hadn't tried to reset her you could have tried to reset her you could have had someone attempt to beg for her life and grim might have been kind and let her live (and if not see point 1,2,&3).

Accidental deaths have always been part of the sim's franchise they used to be a lot more common in previous games then they are now so be thankful. If you don't like emotional deaths there are mods out there to shut off the emotional based moodlets (and maybe even just to block the emotional deaths I've never looked).

Being around the toddler's makes sims Playful and Very Playful this can be escalated based on which lot traits you have on the lot. If a Sim's mood goes to Hysterical they can die of laughter if it's not taken care of immediately. I believe for that one they can calm down in front of a mirror.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    But why should we have to deal with that, we should just not die from laughing. I do not think they should kill a toddlers parent or a baby's parent. because they need them to care for them.

Also, my sims had a fire in the house when I was not even playing that household. No one died.

Then one time I went to a friend home and the parent that was cooking started a fire. and I had no control of no one but me. So I thought I should go into the house and try to help.You can extinguish a fire the parent was not helping himself.

Then at Granite Falls a Sims family was on vacation, and the mom went to cook on the grill on the porch, I went to get my coffee, I came back and saw the little boy kind of being moved over so his mom could die, and she did. right on the porch. the father did beg the grand reaper, and she got her life back. But I deleted the family because playing them after depressed me.

And yes it has gotten better when I first played the sims they killed me within minutes of starting the game. I went to a house, was a husband and wife. no one was home. then I saw an announcement that I had died, in the pool. the house was just the way it came.

Back then they would start a fire and burn your whole family. but now they do not. I think the grand reaper is a lot nicer nowadays.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have never had one of my Sims killed by EA/Maxis. It's usually a fire (has only happened in a cheap apt when low cooking skill). I don't think I've ever seen one of my Sims more than chuckle.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks that deaths are actually hard to achieve in TS4? I had a death planned for a sim (story-wise he had to die and become a ghost) and I spent the entire day trying to kill him. I honestyl wish some more ways to die would come back from previous games. I feel so horrible saying this tho. :D
  • Options
    first of all dying and killing are two different things. you want to kill your sims. You should try starving them. I saw it happen on you tube. its mean but you would enjoy it I am sure.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks that deaths are actually hard to achieve in TS4? I had a death planned for a sim (story-wise he had to die and become a ghost) and I spent the entire day trying to kill him. I honestyl wish some more ways to die would come back from previous games. I feel so horrible saying this tho. :D

You're not alone! I see this on the forums all the time, but I can't ever seem to have it happen in my game. Not that I really want it to, but it'd be some interesting gameplay for my legacy families if someone randomly died from a laugh fest.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    But...
    This time they did make the death optional.
    To turn the death off, you must press Control+Shift+C and type in death.toggle off and now your sims can burn, your sims can swim, but they won't die.
    The Sims 4 is a life simulation, and as in real life, we aren't gods who are immortal. One day, we die, and so do sims (At least for many people...).
  • Options
    megiare wrote: »

You're not alone! I see this on the forums all the time, but I can't ever seem to have it happen in my game. Not that I really want it to, but it'd be some interesting gameplay for my legacy families if someone randomly died from a laugh fest.

lol, I think the game just play randomly so everyone game will not be the same. Have you ever got a pop up that said your sim had a laughing mental illness and he needed to sleep for 2 hours? something like Poppplo problem, only they did not kill my sim he was the only parent and had a toddler.......This really happened. I wish you all could experience more drama in your game.
    I get drama, but I have and older sims 4 game I bought it from a store. I once had a pop-up that the game made fun of my husband lol
    they said he was like a teapot short and fat and ready to blow his top lol.
    If you love drama get Sims Medieval, its lots of drama in that game.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

The Very 1st time I played TS4 (nearly 3 years ago) within 10-15 minutes of playing my Sim died of laughter,
    (that's when i learned to use death.toggle) Actually He's died several times since then, lol..it's not really a big deal.

Although I do have a clone or two of him running around (just in case) I like to see how differently they would
    turn out when they're making their own choices. :#
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Nope, definitely not alone. I wish more random happenstance would occur. Right now, you can start any number of "challenges" and be all but guaranteed that everything will go exactly to plan because nothing ever really happens to thwart those plans and pretty much every sim is guaranteed to live to a ripe old age.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    megiare wrote: »

lol, I think the game just play randomly so everyone game will not be the same. Have you ever got a pop up that said your sim had a laughing mental illness and he needed to sleep for 2 hours? something like Poppplo problem, only they did not kill my sim he was the only parent and had a toddler.......This really happened. I wish you all could experience more drama in your game.
    I get drama, but I have and older sims 4 game I bought it from a store. I once had a pop-up that the game made fun of my husband lol
    they said he was like a teapot short and fat and ready to blow his top lol.
    If you love drama get Sims Medieval, its lots of drama in that game.

Oh my gosh, no! I've never once had a pop-up like either of those. I must admit, I really only delved into the game and bought other packs within the past several months. I mean, 700 hours of game play is a lot, but maybe it's really not enough to experience some this gameplay? Hmm...
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I know this is a troll thread, but sim deaths are part of The Sims series. As others have said, you should have seen the random deaths in the original The Sims. The sequels are nothing in comparison.

I remember documenting in detail my earliest random death in Sims 1: two Sims locked themselves in a bathroom stall I had built for them (using the western swinging doors), I didn't know how to use moveobjectson cheat yet, and they both starved to death because neither could exit. I had a third Sim plead for the life of one of them. (The one pleaded for survived only due to the plea). When I uploaded my story and pictures to Killersims.com, they featured it on their front page (they had a graveyard section where players could document their deceased Sims: still have it here: killersims.com/graveyard) - look for Bunny Bartender. (I was making my own bar on a residential lot since there were no community lots in the game at the time.) Soon thereafter, I noticed a new object on the official site: a public bathroom stall with door, about the size of the bathroom stall I had manually created. Only this one only admitted one sim at a time. This came out just before House Party.

Another random death involved using the firework/rocket launcher outdoors: a rocket landed on the Sim and set them on fire. No smoke alarm outside = no way to put out the fire. Then there was the more deliberate rocket launcher fired indoors, and the hacked object I used that was a clown doll that set fires. Oh yes, and then there was the evil genie that sometimes set fire to bedroom/living room walls. I learned pretty soon not to use the genie lamp in Sims 1 since I usually got cursed by that evil genie instead of blessed by it. (At best, I ended up with a lot of dead plants or trash to clean up.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    you making clones are a good idea. I am sure it's strange to see you walking around as more than just your one sim. I think I would get mixed up.
    I save my sims in my library
    One time I made a single sim. and wanted to save it as I always do in my library. so I did that. but when they took the sims picture it shows 2, not one. but I thought oh they took a double picture. but when I moved the sim to a home. it was two :D and they both had the same name everything he was most defiantly a clone. I just deleted one.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top