Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hello! I am 5’7.5”. Would it still be okay for me to join? I can reach up to high places for you guys! :)

Seriously though - would it be okay? It would be a while still - I have pen pal letters to finish first.

I'm pretty sure you meet the requirements to join the alien collab! I, for one, know that you have a big enough heart for it. :love:

I think I lurked here for at least 6 weeks creeping on everyone's alien children before I had time to start my own story.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hello! I am 5’7.5”. Would it still be okay for me to join? I can reach up to high places for you guys! :)

Seriously though - would it be okay? It would be a while still - I have pen pal letters to finish first.

You are that tall? That is so awesome! :) I am 5'6.5" and I thought I was the group giant! :)

EDIT: And of course you can join in! :)<3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @wendelyne That pic! :D:o:'(
    I may or may not have written that whole chapter just because of that picture :#

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @MedleyMisty Yay! Welcome on board!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    wendelyne wrote: »
    @wendelyne That pic! :D:o:'(
    I may or may not have written that whole chapter just because of that picture :#

It was a really great chapter. I'm so enjoying your story! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Just wanted to give an update about the tea party! It's so much fun! We're pretty much autonomous, which means we're doing yoga, playing with cats, creating art, updating our socials (@Karilan , who has over 965,000 followers! :o ), playing TONS of video games, chatting, eating brownies, making ice cream (which we forget to eat because I forget to take it out of the inventories... oops), playing more video games, playing chess, eating sugar cookies, and saying "Aw" about the cats! :)<3

I will aim at uploading pics to a Google doc tomorrow night.

And, hey, if any of you who haven't yet sent your SimSelf would like to join in, please do! We're having a great time! :)

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea Must our simselves be dressed festively for the tea? I think mine is dressed for the sort of beautiful weather they only experience in Sims 4, ha! If not Megs is on the gallery with Oolie but you can delete her (I won't tell! :lol: )
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    @CathyTea Must our simselves be dressed festively for the tea? I think mine is dressed for the sort of beautiful weather they only experience in Sims 4, ha! If not Megs is on the gallery with Oolie but you can delete her (I won't tell! :lol: )

We'll bring Oolie! The cats will love her! It's Come As You Are! We're enjoying San Myshuno's mild winter weather . Lots of outdoor fun !

• Options
    San Myshuno has winter weather? I never noticed! Now my Simself is prancing around barefoot in winter!

...okay to be fair I have done that in real life too.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    San Myshuno has winter weather? I never noticed! Now my Simself is prancing around barefoot in winter!

It has balmy winter weather... like 65 degrees! And it's toasty inside, so your barefeet are quite happy! :)

• Options

It has balmy winter weather... like 65 degrees! And it's toasty inside, so your barefeet are quite happy! :)

Oh, okay, so summer heat, then. :D
    My Sims stories:
  • Options

Oh, okay, so summer heat, then. :D

Summer heat in the Northern climes... winter chill in other climes! LOL!

• Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited December 2017
    After the time jump, Kanto is a child living in Newcrest with Wendy, and he's having nightmares. Read on to find out more!

Chapter 16: Burn, Don't Freeze
    000_11-18-17_3-08-12c2a0pm.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    @superkyle221 I've figured out a way that I can incorporate a song into the chapter I'm currently drafting. It should be posted by this weekend, maybe sooner. Does that fit with your schedule?

• Options
    Oh yeah, totally fine. I'm out of town this weekend, and the chapter I need it for will go up after that.
  • Options
    1s6CGgm.jpg

We get a peak into Blossom's dreams in chapter 10!

Sorry this chapter is late!
    Ahhh this was such an emotional chapter for me. My heart is racing. I had intended to have little "half chapters" consisting only of Blossom's dreams/nightmares told strictly through screenshots, but decided this would be a better way to include Magnolia. This also helps me exaggerate Blossom's lack of control of her telepathy and will open up the possibility for her to hear siblings or send messages while she sleeps.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2017
    I should send ya a pic of my festive tea clothing. I actually thought up an outfit for that.

Edit: I've done it now! The me's outfit number 2 is found with the search words "The festive tea set."
    Post edited by For_Eorzea on
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sorry I have been MIA. I have a lot going on Irl so have taken a little break from the forums. I finished my AAC a while ago and have just been waiting for time to complete my updates and post them.
    The new year is fast approaching and wanted to finish my story before then. However when things finally settle down I will be away from my pc.
    So I am going to just sneak through
    photofunky.gif

and clumsily drop of my final 4 updates.

source.gif

* Shut out
    * Anakin Returns
    * All grown up
    * Amber's Vision
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Mind if I mention your in-game message board in a possible story about a human sim raising a half-alien baby? Or I could rewrite their backstory to fit the Alien Adoption challenge. Or not mention it at all. Plans are still up in the air.
    image.png
  • Options
    Mind if I mention your in-game message board in a possible story about a human sim raising a half-alien baby? Or I could rewrite their backstory to fit the Alien Adoption challenge. Or not mention it at all. Plans are still up in the air.

Totally include us as much as you'd like! And we'd be happy to have you join us!

We're super flexible, so your involvement can be as extensive or as specific as you'd like!

We've got a language PM and a worlds lore PM, so if you'd like to be included on those, let us know!

We're also happy to answer any questions about the overarching stories and plots, including culture and language! :)

• Options
    Hi @TresaofPern and welcome!

I don't think you necessarily need to be doing the challenge to join the collab. In fact, it might be cool to have some variety!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member

Totally include us as much as you'd like! And we'd be happy to have you join us!

We're super flexible, so your involvement can be as extensive or as specific as you'd like!

We've got a language PM and a worlds lore PM, so if you'd like to be included on those, let us know!

We're also happy to answer any questions about the overarching stories and plots, including culture and language! :)

Thanks, CathyTea.. I've actually been reading through stories when I have a chance. And I'd like to be included in the PMs. Might give me some ideas what my half-alien child should or would know.

Hi, @Karilan, thanks for the welcome. And you know, your Magnolia gave me ideas how I might write a legally blind sim.
    image.png
  • Options
    kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2017
    While I'm unable to join with the penpal letters and such, I do have an alien child to toss into the folds. You can download the family 'Subject 87' through my Origin ID, SardonicNewYork. (Please do have 'mods' selected when searching, due to the fact I do use some skin and eye mods).

12-05-17_11-17-52_PM.png

They family is made of of a young woman named Kaede and her 'son', Subject 87. Aka Hachi. He's a sweetheart, when he's not acting up!

12-05-17_11-44-35_PM.png

(Btw, any tips on resizing images would be greatly appreciated!)

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited December 2017
    @kurdaneva Hi! My child is #87, too! What does this mean for the lore when there're multiple numbers? Did they make multiple clones of the same folks? Does each ship have a different set of numbers?

I'm just messing around but it's another fun thing to think about! :)

PS: I don't know how to resize photos on the forums. I think I used to but I would be wrong. If a pic ever gets too big you can put it under a spoiler tag.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Here's my latest chapter! I'm out of town this weekend and part of next week, so I won't be able to respond to comments as much... but here you go!

Chapter 17: Tribal Connection
    000_11-18-17_3-24-16c2a0pm.png