Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Merry Xmas everybody! I don't have a holiday picture (oops!) but I do have a new chapter, and it's kind of a biggie. But what else would you expect when Wendy takes Kanto to the library that's crumbling and falling apart?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2017
    @superkyle221
    This was an extremely exciting chapter. You're really teasing us readers.
  • Options
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    @superkyle221
    This was an extremely exciting chapter. You're really teasing us readers.

Thanks @For_Eorzea - much appreciated. There's some more of that happening this week... but all in time :smile:

Speaking of more of that happening, here's the next chapter:
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    QFU1nAc.jpg

Magnolia thinks about birthdays and anniversaries in chapter 13.

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! It's back to work for me again, but I have so much writing floating around in my head that it'll be hard to concentrate.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Kanto still doesn't have a violin, so and Wendy go to the park instead.
    Post edited by superkyle221 on
  • Options
    Kanto and Wendy have an argument!

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys! I finally got around to writing more Stardust Sapling!

Chapter 22¨
    qJN2QwA.jpg

Mila is gone. Taimi worries.

I hope you have a good time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Kanto got a violin. I REPEAT: KANTO HAS A VIOLIN!!! OMG SO EXCITE.

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Now this is interesting... I've gone into Manage Worlds, and I'm exploring a few of the families for *secretreasons* and I discover that Zoe Patel (who, by the way, is Sebastion's only enemy!) has two alien twin daughters! She's living with Gavin Richards and his wife (!) Mila Munch, so at first I thought that they were Gavin's kids by abductions... But no, they're Zoe's daughters! I do have a few aliens in the world, so I'm guessing she had kids with one of them and they're half extra-terrestrial?

Anyway, I'm feeling this might be too good to pass up, and I might need to incorporate this into the story somehow! Especially since Mila Munch (and all three of her kids) have been friends with the Sevenses and since Zoe is the only person Sebastion actively dislikes!

So... question for collab purposes:

Are any of you using Gavin Richards, Mila Munch, and Zoe Patel in your stories?

If so, what details do we need to work out as I/we explore incorporating these premades into our stories?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I'm not using any of them.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Correction: Zoe doesn't have twin daughters, but a daughter and a son. They're still infants, so I can't see traits.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Nope, not using them.
  • Options
    @cathytea Not using them. Excited about secret reasons!

@superkyle221 That shot of Kanto with the violin is beautiful <3 can't wait to catch up!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    This is a chapter that is very different from everything that I've ever written before. Let me know what you think - it's a big chapter, but also one that I'm worried that people won't totally understand. Let me know!

• Options
    @superkyle221 I really enjoyed that chapter! The literary quality of it fit the meaning and the extension of song as a means of communication very well, I felt.

A few of my reader-responses to the form of the chapter...
    About midway through I fell into this very lovely internal experience, where it felt that the narrative was posing the questions that I had as a reader. For example, I reflected on times I've read novels I've really loved ("Their Eyes Were Watching God," "Persuasion," "Bleak House" or "Little Dorrit," "MiddleMarch") and as a reader, the whole time I'm reading and following along with the text, I am posing questions. "Does she not know that he still loves her?" "Is she jealous of her sister?" "Does her sister ever talk with her at breakfast time?"

So with this effect, the reader becomes the narrator--it is almost as if the narrator is removed from the story, and we have the story unfolding within the context of the reader's questions. I really enjoyed that effect! It provides an interesting distance between story and reader, while also providing a nearly immediate intimacy between narration and reader, as if the two are one. That distance allows me to feel that Kanto, himself, is somewhat removed from what is happening while also being incredibly immersed in it.

This is often the feeling of peak experiences, as I've felt them in my life. When I have those altered-state transcendent experiences, the witness is very active, from a distance, observing and questioning, while I am also, simultaneously, deeply immersed in the timelessness of the experience. And this technique achieved that feeling really effectively!

I'm really glad that you chose this style in writing it! It works so well! :)

• Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Now this is interesting... I've gone into Manage Worlds, and I'm exploring a few of the families for *secretreasons* and I discover that Zoe Patel (who, by the way, is Sebastion's only enemy!) has two alien twin daughters! She's living with Gavin Richards and his wife (!) Mila Munch, so at first I thought that they were Gavin's kids by abductions... But no, they're Zoe's daughters! I do have a few aliens in the world, so I'm guessing she had kids with one of them and they're half extra-terrestrial?

Anyway, I'm feeling this might be too good to pass up, and I might need to incorporate this into the story somehow! Especially since Mila Munch (and all three of her kids) have been friends with the Sevenses and since Zoe is the only person Sebastion actively dislikes!

So... question for collab purposes:

Are any of you using Gavin Richards, Mila Munch, and Zoe Patel in your stories?

If so, what details do we need to work out as I/we explore incorporating these premades into our stories?

No, not remarkably. A few of my sims have mooched off the Munch household at times when I was wandering the countryside area for screenshots, since the house is quite large and it takes time for the brothers to notice a randocalrissian snoozing in Mila's bed when she's at work. Also, free baths. I love that house. But, that's only been when I've just messed around with the game with no story purpose. Still I wanted to share my experience, because when playing Mooch Off Thy Neighbors-challenges, I could see this being helpful to someone.
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    L'ixion is jumping into the new year as a child! To celebrate her birthday I bring you 3 new chapters, enjoy :)
    Chapter 13: Chocolate Syrup and Flour
    Chapter 14: Dreams
    Chapter 15: A Birthday Surprise
    7ZARonD.png
  • Options
    Here is the latest chapter.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @superkyle221 I really enjoyed that chapter! The literary quality of it fit the meaning and the extension of song as a means of communication very well, I felt.

A few of my reader-responses to the form of the chapter...
    About midway through I fell into this very lovely internal experience, where it felt that the narrative was posing the questions that I had as a reader. For example, I reflected on times I've read novels I've really loved ("Their Eyes Were Watching God," "Persuasion," "Bleak House" or "Little Dorrit," "MiddleMarch") and as a reader, the whole time I'm reading and following along with the text, I am posing questions. "Does she not know that he still loves her?" "Is she jealous of her sister?" "Does her sister ever talk with her at breakfast time?"

So with this effect, the reader becomes the narrator--it is almost as if the narrator is removed from the story, and we have the story unfolding within the context of the reader's questions. I really enjoyed that effect! It provides an interesting distance between story and reader, while also providing a nearly immediate intimacy between narration and reader, as if the two are one. That distance allows me to feel that Kanto, himself, is somewhat removed from what is happening while also being incredibly immersed in it.

This is often the feeling of peak experiences, as I've felt them in my life. When I have those altered-state transcendent experiences, the witness is very active, from a distance, observing and questioning, while I am also, simultaneously, deeply immersed in the timelessness of the experience. And this technique achieved that feeling really effectively!

I'm really glad that you chose this style in writing it! It works so well! :)

Thank you so much. I've read other stories like this one before, and I figured that this was the perfect time to try my hand at it. Kanto has a lot of questions about himself, none of which he (or Wendy) know the answer to. And because they're left in the dark, I think a lot of readers are as well (because while I'm part of the collaboration, obviously, like everybody I'm putting my own twist on it).

I'm glad it worked out!
  • Options
    Latest chapter - and after this I'm stepping back from daily updates because I go back to work tomorrow (boo!). Also, I haven't written another chapter yet, so there's that, but it's in the works.

Anyway, enjoy!

• Options
    @superkyle221 Seb is one of the forum admin, so he gets notification when there's new activity there! He wrote Wendy back. (Big spoilers to anyone who reads what he wrote--though what's spoiled will be revealed in drop-bomb-like fashion in my next chapter, so it's no big deal to find out through the forum post first! :) )

• Options
    I'll say that was a big reveal! I can't wait to see what happens next.

And I can't wait to find some time to work up how Wendy will respond to that.
  • Options
    Gosh, I didn't realize I'd taken such a long break with this story! It's been a few weeks since my last update!

Here's chapter 19: Lighthouse: Entrust

• Options
    I failed to mention before that I'm putting my alien adoption story on hold for a month. This year, I want to balance my stories a bit more and Magnolia will trade places with another one of my legacies each month.

I'll still be around to read, catch up, and plan collabs for February!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Hi guys! Here's the next chapter for my story!

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 23
    zNB6fYt.jpg

Mila gets back, and important things are discussed.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories: