Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @fleshjenn - liked your update a lot! I'm planning on building another new library, and uploading that one to see if it will work, in case you want it. Loved the way you took revenge on Kathy!
    @ciane I liked your family pulling an all-nighter at the library!
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn That was a great ending - and beginning at the same time, with the new baby. And I liked the victorian look to the whole finished building as well.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yesterday was a busy day for my sims with lots of birthdays and a special surprise.
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/7th

This is the one week point, so maybe one week left for them.
  • Options
    @ciane Yes, you got a horse too! I got mine to buy one because it went with the story I was writing, and then realised later that I could have got them to adopt one for free. But spending all that money did fit with the story, so I didn't kick myself too hard. That foal is really cute.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited March 2018
    snagged a couple of extra spawner screenshots and switched households

I will be starting the Danilova house* next, Natalya has 126 sim days or 18 sim weeks until she turns YA on epic play. The house is fairly big so it will most likely take a minimum of 6 to 8 sim weeks to renovate & become friends with sims around town. She will most likely get an early birthday celebration when the house is finished. :)

This is the next reno http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/natalya-danilova-renovacy.html that I'm taking on.

(*I used custard, finally figured it out, to clean the cc before installing)

Update:
    Here is my intro for Natalya Danilova's challenge. The above link is @SamelaRita 's original background story. :)
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ciane Yes, you got a horse too! I got mine to buy one because it went with the story I was writing, and then realised later that I could have got them to adopt one for free. But spending all that money did fit with the story, so I didn't kick myself too hard. That foal is really cute.

Both of the older twins have wanted to adopt a horse for a long time. I saved the wish for them and thought it would be a perfect birthday present when they were old enough to really care for it.

Yay, another story. I'll read it as soon as I come back in again. I'm heading back outside to enjoy our gorgeous day.
  • Options
    It seems a good start, @Mmdrgntobldrgn. Enjoy playing it!
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Really liked the start - and the reference to borscht! When I broke my ankle, one of my husband's work colleagues, who's russian, came round and did lunch for me once a week and always brought russian food with her. Including borscht one day! Her family has a thing about the right food helping you get better faster.
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Really liked the start - and the reference to borscht! When I broke my ankle, one of my husband's work colleagues, who's russian, came round and did lunch for me once a week and always brought russian food with her. Including borscht one day! Her family has a thing about the right food helping you get better faster.

One of my great grandparents was Russian. I learned the family beet borscht recipe. It's the only recipe that's survived the generations. :)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    I'm going to play & write as much as I can this next week as I won't be able to for a few weeks next month, traveling.
    Natalya's first journal entry is up.

Sometimes it pays to analyze the space rock's and other times it doesn't. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Woot! I love when there are stories to read! I get too bored just playing. But, the sun is shining, so I think I'll go outside for a bit.
  • Options
  • Options
    @ciane I enjoyed your update. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    I've got another entry up for the Danilova renovation.

Playing just a single sim is a big change of pace, and making the game go by a little faster. Haven't decided if I'm going to play today.

tip: using the mirror or dresser to manage clothes and look while on vacation doesn't trigger the age reset glitch. ;)

http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/renovation-challenges/natalya-journal-2
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    My next chapter isn't getting very far, not helped by the fact that I spent a lot of today in A&E (but all the tests came back fine, so that's okay). When it gets finished, it's called Viriato - no prizes for guessing who it's about. But I had great fun reading the other new stories that are up :) Thanks, guys, for posting (or should that be thanks, gals?)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Like the way you're interweaving the two families and their stories. And the change of style for the narrrator (okay, there's not a lot of choice of narrators in this household!) I like Natalya's determination to learn, to succeed...and her new look as well.
    @ciane That foal is adorable! Mine are definitely going to have to breed Queen's Hope - I want one too.
  • Options
    @SamelaRita it's not as if Natalya has a large amount of social options. In addition to Tara & Colm, there are 4 other teens, only one of whom is not a service sim.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    It's always nice to have another story to read. I'm glad you got the time to play some more @Mmdrgntobldrgn!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Wow, that took some time to write up. I decided to make just one long weekly post for this family, and possibly the next challenge family I pick up. Sunday through Tuesday felt slow and repetitive while playing so it felt like it would make for a boring story, but with 3 birthdays, a holiday and a few dangerous surprises the game had me crazy and hooked while I finished out the week.

I Believe I will only have one more post after this one. I am planning on switching families before Olivia ages to YA provided the house fulfills all requirements. I Don't want the twin sets to age too far into YA before I can introduce them to another family.

Newton-Brown Week 3
  • Options
    Wow, what an adventurous week, and quite the haul.

Fall & winter time collectibles do seem harder to come by. I'm thinking it's game mechanics.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @fleshjenn That was an adventurous holiday - especially for Mr Electric! Maybe so many of the other kids are bald because of a strange (but cureable) disease that's doing the rounds on the island? Maybe someone needs to invent a hair-restorer...and sell it for pots of money. Really enjyed the update - it was a nice accompaniment to my mid-morning cup of tea :)
  • Options
    Yep, two different missions going at the same time is insane, but nice haul on valuables!
  • Options
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    And, I posted Monday's activity now too:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/mon

I love seeing how yours is shaping, and how you do things differently. It's fun seeing the two families look the same but be very different too, in their stories and their relationships.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Tuesday is played out now and I added lots of room pics if you are interested.
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/tues
    (and then click the link at the bottom for room pics)

I'll have a couple more birthdays in game next, but it's thunderstorms today. So, I might not get a lot of play time.
  • Options
    @ciane the room pics were interesting - I like the girls' zen/spa look to their bathroom, and the boys' downstairs man-cave space, with chin-up bar (and probably that faint lingering whiff of sweaty boy-body?). If you get thunderstorms, I guess you can't go in-game in case the computer gets fried - thunderstorms are rarer here, but we had one break out of a clear blue sky once, and it fried our computer. Now as soon as one is building up, it's the race to unplug!
  • Options
    Another update is up
    http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/renovation-challenges/natalya-journal-3

That is possibly the last one until I get back from my trip.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top