Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fitness Stuff was a wasted opportunity

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I just realized earlier that Zumba would've been a good idea as well. I'm not sure if that's part of the exercise videos it comes with, but Zumba is very fashionable these days. My aunt does it all the time, and I'm sure it has lots of enthusiasts, both middle-aged ladies and non-middle-aged ladies alike.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sure, the climbing wall is nice, but I just thought it could've benefited from more gym equipment. Pull up bars, free weights, stairmasters, and climbing machines. It also features aerobics videos on TV, but even Sims 2 had that, and they're not as complex as actual equipment.

It's good that SPs are cheap and contain at least one item with new gameplay, but I just think each SP theme could tap more potential to make that $10 price tag worth it. So far, the one with the best value for me is Backyard. The others have CAS and build items that I like, but are just okay in terms of value.

TS3 had the videos in the base game, and the videos had their own animations not recycled dancing animations.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I stand by my post and agreement with the OP. The game has too few items to improve sim fitness and this pack was a golden opportunity to add new ones - not recolors of existing ones. The pack, as issued, is primarily about home décor, not fitness.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yeah, Fitness Stuff hasn't been my favorite SP released, but I still like it for the CAS and Build/Buy objects, though a lot of said Build/Buy doesn't make a ton of sense to me (new chairs, tables, etc.), given it's a pack about fitness. For gameplay, I like the earbuds, but I do wish our Sims benefited from them a little more, and the workout videos are pretty neat.
    When it comes to interactible workout objects though, I would've preferred new, different types of workout equipment, so I wasn't all that impressed by the climbing wall. I haven't used it, and I probably still won't; it just doesn't fit in at my gyms, and I don't really want it in my Sims' houses.

But hey, I know not all packs are for everyone, and I'm glad those who like it are enjoying it. I've been using it like crazy for the new CAS and variations of the equipment we already had before, so I can't say that I'm completely missing out. I do like it more than certain other SP's we've gotten in the past.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm still bummed that we didn't get stationary bikes, fitness flyer, barbells/dumbells, chin up bar, stepper, & mountain climbing exercise machine, but I just went in to see it all. I feel a little better about it.

The thing I hate the most besides not having the above stuff is that the Au natural slab is a table and not a bench type as I first thought. If at some point they could make a bench like this for locker rooms then that would be real nice and add to the realism.

I love the pink option for the coregy ottoman and I think it could go great in the era with the pink poodle skirts ect. I love the picture with options to change it, the v table, the bookcase, and the chairs. Some of this doesn't match up as far as having the same colors, but some of the color combos are really nice. The unfathomable end table for instance looks molten and automatically made me think of the 6th Star Wars movie and the molten hot planet they were fighting on. I forgot to find the earbuds, because they weren't in the new list of things when I signed on, but I hear that they don't allow the fun bar to go up when listening and I think that is wrong. If we are out somewhere and want to quickly up the fun bar, it would be nice if listening for just a sim moment would increase fun quickly. I hope this is something that the team will correct and allow as all music listening should up the fun bar. Also, I tried the rock wall. I'm not a fan of them and next to never used it in S3, but it was a neat thing. It would be a nice addition in the gym, but as stated in my first sentence, I hope they do add the above work out items. dumbbell holders would be a nice look as well; perhaps add a function to it like the bowling ball rack to choose which item you want. :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    More than 50% of Fitness Stuff isn't about fitness (30 of 52 items), it is a big scam.
    Maxis should apologize and release an Extra Free Pack with at least 10 decorative objects including dumbbell rack.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'm not a climbing wall fan(had it in S3 and didn't use it much) and had hoped for some actual machines.

@davina1221 I have the rock climbing wall in TS3 as well. I usually place them at the gym. While, I didn't really use it, I was surprised I've used the treadmill wall a lot in TS4. I guess I like that it's moving and the animations. Sending my Sims to the gym has usually been boring for me across all the games, but I've been sending them more often since I got FS. I really like the fitness videos because of the dancing.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I just realized earlier that Zumba would've been a good idea as well. I'm not sure if that's part of the exercise videos it comes with, but Zumba is very fashionable these days. My aunt does it all the time, and I'm sure it has lots of enthusiasts, both middle-aged ladies and non-middle-aged ladies alike.

@icmnfrsh Yeah it's Plumboomba I believe. My Sims like to workout to the fitness channel.
  • Options
    Plumboomba. :D That's so cute. At least they did think of that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh I think the video is really funny with the dancing bear following the steps in the background. I'll have to upload my pics and post. I kept having my Sims dance to the video just to see the bear. :D
  • Options
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh I think the video is really funny with the dancing bear following the steps in the background. I'll have to upload my pics and post. I kept having my Sims dance to the video just to see the bear. :D

Yes, please. I need to see this :D

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    They "don't" have enough budget to create new non-reskin exercise equipment with new animations.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    They "don't" have enough budget to create new non-reskin exercise equipment with new animations.
    How do you know that do you work for EA?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

@icmnfrsh

The instructor isn't aware the bear is there, apparently. :D
    8NhAUbx.png
    PRlMJms.png
  • Options

@icmnfrsh

8NhAUbx.png
    PRlMJms.png

:D That's amazing

• Options

@icmnfrsh

8NhAUbx.png
    PRlMJms.png
    That is to hilarious. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    Now I understand what happened.

They planned to release the Toddler SP but it was delayed so they released the partially done Fitness SP with some random stuff.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'm not a climbing wall fan(had it in S3 and didn't use it much) and had hoped for some actual machines.

@davina1221 I have the rock climbing wall in TS3 as well. I usually place them at the gym. While, I didn't really use it, I was surprised I've used the treadmill wall a lot in TS4. I guess I like that it's moving and the animations. Sending my Sims to the gym has usually been boring for me across all the games, but I've been sending them more often since I got FS. I really like the fitness videos because of the dancing.

Even though I wanted more, hopefully they will add some of those machines in the future. I probably will add the wall to the gym in town. :)

• Options
    @davina1221 I agree. I liked the exercise bike in TS2 as well as the pull up bar from TS3. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @pepperjax1230 It is pretty funny. I like it when EA adds little unexpected things to the game that adds to the silliness, like in TS3 when your Sim is dancing, they fall down and get back up looking around embarrassed. :D
  • Options
    @davina1221 I agree. I liked the exercise bike in TS2 as well as the pull up bar from TS3. :)

I really hope they add them; maybe somehow with the next gamepack or EP, but probably not as the next one will probably be Pets.

• Options
    @pepperjax1230 It is pretty funny. I like it when EA adds little unexpected things to the game that adds to the silliness, like in TS3 when your Sim is dancing, they fall down and get back up looking around embarrassed. :D
    Haha I remember that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited July 2017
    I like the new modern objects that came in this pack, but in my opinion I agree that it was a wasted opportunity. I was hoping for exercise bikes, pull-up bars, weightlifting bench, and not a rock climbing treadmill that I'll probably rarely use.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    For me, as some Simmers already mentioned here, the most lacking part was the fact that they didn't add more fitness activities in this pack. The climbing wall is good, but it gets a bit boring and stale after some playing time. It would be nice if more dance classes were included, maybe some different gym equipment as well. But, considering the price, the developing team can't do a lot of stuff. I liked it. I just wasn't extremely surprised by the content. I've got high hopes for Eco Living, though, I think it's going to be a particularly nice SP!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top