Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Features You Would Like?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Teenagers to have mood swings and develop pimples.

They do that now with Parenthood.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Teenagers to have mood swings and develop pimples.

They do that now with Parenthood.

Yeah...I realized that. Thank you. I just wish it was in the base game. I believe it was in TS3 or TS2.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    BatgirlBatgirl Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't know if anyone else would like this idea, but my idea was salsa dancing.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    I was thinking of this while driving in my work truck the other day. My sim Jessa is a pro athlete. She isnt huge like a
    body builder. But she does have six pack abs and you can see her muscle tone in her arms. This got me thinking
    about adding on to careers

You know how athletes, and body builders do side projects? Our sims should be able to do side projects as well.
    My sim Jessa might take a contact to do a layout in a fitness magazine due to her being so ripped. Or she gets
    paid to do a fitness machine commercial. Perhaps she takes a small part in a movie. She might appear on a talk
    show. Different things like those that bring in extra money. The further she is in her career as a athlete, the more
    money she gets for each special appearance she makes.

I would also like to see a little more then just being a soccer player when we choose athlete as a career.
    Would like to see different team sports where we can choose which they will play. Would also like to see
    a off season for team sport athletes, as well as a chance for the athlete to get injured (perhaps if they dont
    keep up on their fitness). One thing I would love to see as a athletic career is MMA Fighter
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    ElenPink: You are correct on Sims2, don't know about 3. In TS2 sims interact with the kitchen counter doors & drawers to get the tools they need to do their cooking, they got a dejected pout if they burn their meal and react accordingly while eating it, when cleaning up/serving dishes were held by their hands - no levitation.
  • Options
    RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    I would like to see allergies to food.
    A slight height decrease for teens.
    Aaaand alarm clocks.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I didn't realize body hair was missing for the longest. I have cc hair for the chest and legs, now all my guys have hair on their legs and some on their chest. Not a lot, though.

I want to see the hip hop and rnb stations back. I put my own custom music in game, but I want a Simlish radio station.
    Cynna wrote: »
    Yes, thank you.

The missing Hip Hop and R 'n' B stations are truly an oversight.
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I didn't realize body hair was missing for the longest. I have cc hair for the chest and legs, now all my guys have hair on their legs and some on their chest. Not a lot, though.

I want to see the hip hop and rnb stations back. I put my own custom music in game, but I want a Simlish radio station.

Yeah Hip Hop and R and B are two I want as well. I also want Big Band and Caribbean Music.

@lasummerb @Cynna @catloverplayer I agree with all of you!
  • Options
    BatgirlBatgirl Posts: 5 New Member
    I think it would be cool for a new career if you were a mechanic.
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Small features I'd like to see in The Sims 4

-Body Hair
    -Newspaper Delivery Kid
    -Food Delivery (other than Pizza)
    -Hair Cuts/Salon trip
    -Ice Cream Truck (They might have this, idr but loved it in Sims 3.)
    -I'd love to be able to stay overnight in Hotels, nothing big, just a Motel 6 will do lmao. Treat it like a restaurant lot.
    -People say this over and over, but I need more clutter/decor for blank spaces.
    -Events in Neighborhood Parks.
    -Bounce Houses
    -More ways to die/kill a sim.
    -Last thing I can think of off the top of my head is, I want to see the ceiling again. I consider that a small feature that I'd like to have back.

Hope I get something ;')
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I would just like to see some more non-active careers that are a little more grounded in reality than astronaut or secret agent. For example gardeners or florists, cleaners, sales clerks, baristas, mechanics, electricians, teachers, security guards, hair stylists, lawyers etc. Potentially also more jobs to work from home because I don't have CL and currently all my mothers (or fathers) have to give up working once the baby is born.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would like more romantic options that are available at all times, not just when the game decides that I should use them. For example, I used to see the "Kiss Cheek" option all of the time. Now, that option is very rare, indeed. I removed my mods to see if they had something to do with the problem. Sadly, they did not.
    • I would like friends to visit my Sims' homes again, instead of complete strangers.
    • I would love to have real make out sessions again in bed, on the sofa, as well as standing.
    • Cuddling should come back, too.
    • I would adore Sim adults being able to dance with the kids again -- to dance with ANY age group again.
    • I would love more options for children and adults to play together. Examples: tag, ring around the rosie, Miss Marie Mack, string games, jump rope, etc.

::sigh:: Thinking about how much of the human factor this game is missing, it makes me so disappointed.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    A lot of your ideas are not that small, to be honest, but I do wish to see them, too. However, I had that sudden idea the other day for a really small feature. It'd be cool if Sims could give each others nicknames, like for close friends or family members. We could choose that, of course, and it'd change in the relationship panel. For example, I've got one Sim whose name is Beatrix, but she's still a toddler and it'd be nice if she could be Trixie for her parents. Also, when Sims become teens and enter the rebel time, there could be an option "Don't call me [nickname] never again!" or something like that.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Opacity slider, for sure!
    Also zodiac signs, likes/dislikes, attraction points, etc.
    I definitely want more character building features.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I want to be able to know a sims financial status by getting to know them and I want other sims to learn about their traits/careers/etc. as they get to know your sim. It would also be nice to have the announce engagement/promotion interaction, as well as sims reacting to sims getting engaged.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Men have eye liner in everyday, sports, sleep, party, swimming, why not formal ??? I like to use eye liner as if it were part of them not as make up.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2017
    New buffs definitely, the ones we have are becoming repetitive.

Back pain (pregnancy)

Can't see my feet (pregnancy)

Everything ok in there? (pregnancy)

Sore throat (illness)

Puffy eyes (illness)

Stuffed (overeating)

Craving "X" (food)

Stomach gas (overeating)

New home (moving houses)

Ready to decorate (moving houses)

And so on, it becomes more immersive that all sims are exhibiting different auras on things that are either happening around, to their body, or repercussions.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    For there to be different schools per world, with different levels of quality, which affects grades. Along with this, sims planning Moving ahead of time, which can upset or make sims happy based off of amount of friends at school, etc.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    New buffs definitely, the ones we have are becoming repetitive.

Back pain (pregnancy)

Can't see my feet (pregnancy)

Everything ok in there? (pregnancy)

Sore throat (illness)

Puffy eyes (illness)

Stuffed (overeating)

Craving "X" (food)

Stomach gas (overeating)

New home (moving houses)

Ready to decorate (moving houses)

And so on, it becomes more immersive that all sims are exhibiting different auras on things that are either happening around, to their body, or repercussions.

Yes to all of this, we definitely need more pregnancy buffs. It would be nice if they gave more buffs that were based off being around a baby too. For example: Crying Baby, Stinky Baby, Cute Baby. Also when sims come home from the hospital and they had twins or triplets, they should get a moodlet that says had twins/triplets. :)
  • Options
    New voices would be nice every one sound the same.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    An option to feed fish and frogs so it actually makes sense to keep them on your lot. I really wish we had that.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    cookie jars that give cookies :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    This is so random, but I loved being able to invite the headmaster over and 'woo' them with dinner and my flashy house in TS2 so I could get my kids into private school. Mostly I just loved the cute Princess Diary-esque posh school uniforms haha. Adding on to that, it'd be cool if they acquired a trait for going to a private school -- maybe snobby? Or something similar like 'silver spoon' or entitled?
  • Options
    I miss the sims2 singing snowman, and Christmas light on the houses.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2017
    This is a tough question for me since all of the features I want aren't really small... hmm I guess one smallish thing I would like is swingsets. Not only for children but for everyone. I loved how in TS2, Sims could give their children pushes to get them going and it was sweet when a young couple would do the same. I think they could also just sit on the swings and talk while slightly going back and forth with a push of their toes.

I would adore if we could get slow dancing back too. I think our Sims need more actual romance in the game. Holding hands while walking together would be sweet as well. But, I'm guessing those things aren't small to do, so... Well, dreams can come true, right? ;)

EDIT: Just wanted to add I'm a BIG thumbs up for the body hair and make-up sliders. I think it would be cool if we could have 'independent' facial features placement too. For instance, one eye higher/lower than the other, the ability to pull one corner of the mouth down or up, a slightly crooked nose, etc. Not all faces are symetrical. But again, those aren't really small things... *shrugs*
  • Options
    Dogperson101Dogperson101 Posts: 2 New Member
    Maybe EA could have an expanding vocal category, like the walking style category featuring sims have something with an Italian, British, New Yorker type of undertone voice.