Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Love or Money - Epilogue: What Comes Next

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    day 3 and we've finally hit 97%

Oh wow, that took quite a while.

It's partly bc my laptop is not a gaming laptop and the update bar reset twice :/

Such a hassle. :\

Btw, I'm playtesting again using your sims and 3 that I created as placeholders for those who haven't submitted. So far, the leading sim is the guy I made for a pack challenge, Chad. :sweat_smile:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited July 2017
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    She once had a pet frog named Pedro, but he didn't last too long after she took a course in French Cuisine at the local community college one summer.

Hahahaha! :joy:

This looks interesting! I'll be lurking. :)
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    She once had a pet frog named Pedro, but he didn't last too long after she took a course in French Cuisine at the local community college one summer.

Hahahaha! :joy:

This looks interesting! I'll be lurking. :)

Thanks. And yeah, I'm definitely sneaking that in a conversation in the game. Maybe during introductions. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited July 2017
    35340038430_ed94b5a859_c.jpg

Name: Kate Tate

Age (in human years): 27

Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Romantic

Biography/background:
    Kate Tate's life was rough at birth. As some would say, she grew up on the wrong side of the tracks in San Myshuno. Gangs still run in her neighborhood and her parents fought hard to keep her family out of them. They were poor and could barely afford the schooling they all received. Extras like dental and doctors were rarely part of life unless it was a true emergency. Being the middle of six, she was ignored frequently. Her oldest brother became part of the gang life and was killed at the age of 16 within a few years of joining. When her second oldest brother also became part of the same gang and was killed, too, she vowed to never be part of the evil gangs and helped coax other siblings to stay away from them as well. Eventually, her whole family moved away from the neighborhood and found a better place to live.

Now, she owns her own design studio and creates clothing, shoes, and other accessories for her shop. She and her family live in Willow Creek now where life is quieter and not so terrifying. Every Saturday, her group Tate's Crew goes around her old neighborhood helping anyone who needs assistance. This could mean helping to reshingle a roof, mending a fence, painting a house, mowing a lawn, cleaning up graffiti, or anything else that her old neighbors need help doing. This could mean she needs to hire a crew of electricians to come in or plumbers or whoever. It doesn't matter. Her group is funded by her shop among other businesses who want to help show the gangs that they don't own the neighborhood.

She still lives with her family who helps in her shop or has their own careers. They all work together to maintain the home they live in and help take care of their aging. The house is separated into different wings for privacy. After the tragedies of their past, their family is too important to break apart. She may be a little older than many of the contestants, but she's worked hard to get to where she is now and is ready to settle down and have a family.

If she wins the heart of the bachelor, she hopes he'll at least give her family a chance before deciding against living with them. If he doesn't want to, perhaps she can convince him to at least live in the same city. Maintaining contact with her family and her old neighborhood is very important to her. She hopes he'll understand and try to care as she would with what's important to him.

CC links (if any):
    Eyelashes - Same as Sonschi’s sim, though I used a different square and brown eyelashes
    Eyes

Your Origin gallery ID: lovesstorms
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Yay! I'm done. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Yay! :D Only two more people left.

• Options
    And you have to click to see her on the gallery because she contains CC.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Man, that pic is a little big. I'll fix it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Her eyes are gorgeous btw. I think I'd definitely use the other bundled colors for my sims.

It also says she uses items from Vintage Glamor, which I don't have yet. Is she meant to use the default underwear for her 1st sleepwear outfit?

• Options
    Her eyes are gorgeous btw. I think I'd definitely use the other bundled colors for my sims.

It also says she uses items from Vintage Glamor, which I don't have yet. Is she meant to use the default underwear for her 1st sleepwear outfit?

Ooh, hang on.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I also love her story. It really gives her character, and it's enough material for me to use throughout the show.

• Options
    I also love her story. It really gives her character, and it's enough material for me to use throughout the show.

The Charlotte Eyes are my go to eyes. Someone remade them for S3, too, and I pretty much use only those in S3. In S4, it's the main eyes I use, too.

I've reuploaded her to the gallery, so delete what you downloaded. Hopefully, things all look good now. :)

And thanks! I just came up with that off the top of my head after reading through all the other backgrounds. I didn't want it to be the same as the rest. I look forward to watching the progression of who Landon ends up with. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

The Charlotte Eyes are my go to eyes. Someone remade them for S3, too, and I pretty much use only those in S3. In S4, it's the main eyes I use, too.

I've reuploaded her to the gallery, so delete what you downloaded. Hopefully, things all look good now. :)

And thanks! I just came up with that off the top of my head after reading through all the other backgrounds. I didn't want it to be the same as the rest. I look forward to watching the progression of who Landon ends up with. :D

Yeah, I usually try to vary the backgrounds of sims I make. Some of them are lower class, and some are upper middle class. (In Landon's case, he's part of the latter). Although I've never made someone who grew up in an area with gang warfare. I never really thought of exploring that territory.

• Options

Yeah, I usually try to vary the backgrounds of sims I make. Some of them are lower class, and some are upper middle class. (In Landon's case, he's part of the latter). Although I've never made someone who grew up in an area with gang warfare. I never really thought of exploring that territory.

Well, now you can. And you have my permission to do whatever you want with it. ;)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Well, now you can. And you have my permission to do whatever you want with it. ;)

I dunno. It might be too close to home for some people.

I once read that Kel Mitchell of Nickelodeon grew up in an area rife with gangs and almost got assaulted once. But then he knew one guy there, so he got off that time.

• Options

I once read that Kel Mitchell of Nickelodeon grew up in an area rife with gangs and almost got assaulted once. But then he knew one guy there, so he got off that time.

Well, Ike I said. Do whatever, which could mean nothing. She could have some scars you could address, though.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Well, Ike I said. Do whatever, which could mean nothing. She could have some scars you could address, though.

She'll definitely mention it at some point, but maybe when she trusts him more. I imagine something like that would be painful to remember for some people.

• Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Ooh this looks like fun! Too bad I only checked the thread today xD
    But I'll definitely watch!
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    Btw, @lovesstorms , please message me whether Kate is playing for love or for money.

• Options
    Also, I'll give @YJB19299 until the end of next weekend to respond. If I don't hear from him, TRibbo will take his spot.

Princess did tell me she's still sorting things out, so I'll wait for her as long as she's still interested.

• Options
    @princess2109 How's it coming along?

• Options
    tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    35340038430_ed94b5a859_c.jpg

Name: Kate Tate

Age (in human years): 27

Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Romantic

Biography/background:
    Kate Tate's life was rough at birth. As some would say, she grew up on the wrong side of the tracks in San Myshuno. Gangs still run in her neighborhood and her parents fought hard to keep her family out of them. They were poor and could barely afford the schooling they all received. Extras like dental and doctors were rarely part of life unless it was a true emergency. Being the middle of six, she was ignored frequently. Her oldest brother became part of the gang life and was killed at the age of 16 within a few years of joining. When her second oldest brother also became part of the same gang and was killed, too, she vowed to never be part of the evil gangs and helped coax other siblings to stay away from them as well. Eventually, her whole family moved away from the neighborhood and found a better place to live.

Now, she owns her own design studio and creates clothing, shoes, and other accessories for her shop. She and her family live in Willow Creek now where life is quieter and not so terrifying. Every Saturday, her group Tate's Crew goes around her old neighborhood helping anyone who needs assistance. This could mean helping to reshingle a roof, mending a fence, painting a house, mowing a lawn, cleaning up graffiti, or anything else that her old neighbors need help doing. This could mean she needs to hire a crew of electricians to come in or plumbers or whoever. It doesn't matter. Her group is funded by her shop among other businesses who want to help show the gangs that they don't own the neighborhood.

She still lives with her family who helps in her shop or has their own careers. They all work together to maintain the home they live in and help take care of their aging. The house is separated into different wings for privacy. After the tragedies of their past, their family is too important to break apart. She may be a little older than many of the contestants, but she's worked hard to get to where she is now and is ready to settle down and have a family.

If she wins the heart of the bachelor, she hopes he'll at least give her family a chance before deciding against living with them. If he doesn't want to, perhaps she can convince him to at least live in the same city. Maintaining contact with her family and her old neighborhood is very important to her. She hopes he'll understand and try to care as she would with what's important to him.

CC links (if any):
    Eyelashes - Same as Sonschi’s sim, though I used a different square and brown eyelashes
    Eyes

Your Origin gallery ID: lovesstorms

She's stunning! I love her background, its very unique. :)
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • Options
    Okay, @KleineMuff can also be a backup after TRibbo. :) But those who haven't submitted still have time

• Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    @princess2109 How's it coming along?

I'm furiously working to get this done. Apparently after updating my game did not like all the CC.
    Now it's a battle with the internet to get her hair just so i can the picture of her.
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Also, I'll give @YJB19299 until the end of next weekend to respond. If I don't hear from him, TRibbo will take his spot.

Princess did tell me she's still sorting things out, so I'll wait for her as long as she's still interested.

I will try my best to finish my sim till sunday :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png