Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Experiencing lag after patch

GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
I am wondering if anybody else is experiencing lag after the patch? My specs are as follows:

Intel 6700K
16 GB DDR 4
Nvidia GTX 1070 8 GB drivers are current with the date 5/16/17(released 5/21/17)
1000 Watt Rosewill Bronze

1) Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7971
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
Page File: 5822MB used, 13464MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

2)Display Devices
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_61733842&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 16291 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8119 MB
Shared Memory: 8171 MB
Current Mode: 2560 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: LG ULTRAWIDE(DVI)
Monitor Model: LG ULTRAWIDE
Monitor Id: GSM59F0
Native Mode: 2560 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7209bde3180ef5f7\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7209bde3180ef5f7\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7209bde3180ef5f7\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7209bde3180ef5f7\nvldumdx.dll
Driver File Version: 22.21.0013.8233 (English)
Driver Version: 22.21.13.8233
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 2.2
Graphics Preemption: Pixel
Compute Preemption: Dispatch
Miracast: Not Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/16/2017 8:00:00 PM, 885216 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-58C1-11CF-DB7B-7E411BC2DB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1B81
SubSys ID: 0x61733842
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem1.inf:0f066de361866ac3:Section088:22.21.13.8233:pci\ven_10de&dev_1b81
Rank Of Driver: 00D12001

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    There are a few things to try to do to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow, I do not use mods or CC in my game but I will try the other steps. This is the first time I had to do this in the Sims Series. Hopefully this will work, thanks for the advice. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I have been experiencing lags as well. The sims response time is terrible. I tell them to talk or do something and they just stand around, nodding their heads rather than do what I asked. Takes a bit for them to do as they are told. A temporary fix for me was to just quit and repair the game. Wonder if there is a patch or a solution for this.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I am also experiencing some lag, even when I move the mods folder. I don't have San Myshuno because I have deleted/uninstalled City Living, and done everything you mention. Which makes me think, when I didn't have any issues right after installing the family gamepack, can the patch, which was released and forced onto my game after this gamepack do something wrong?
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Same here and with cc and mods my game was fine in the last patch :(
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    Interesting. I was blaming the fact that my sims moved into a new (larger) house, and was considering downgrading the graphics...! Hopefully the problem is on EA's end.
  • Options
    zombiesue wrote: »
    Interesting. I was blaming the fact that my sims moved into a new (larger) house, and was considering downgrading the graphics...! Hopefully the problem is on EA's end.

Hello
    Sims living in a large home with many furnishings can cause lagging issues. It can help to move to a smaller home with less furnishings/clutter items.
    Also, lowering your graphics settings may help.
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > zombiesue wrote: »
    >
    > Interesting. I was blaming the fact that my sims moved into a new (larger) house, and was considering downgrading the graphics...! Hopefully the problem is on EA's end.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Sims living in a large home with many furnishings can cause lagging issues. It can help to move to a smaller home with less furnishings/clutter items.
    > Also, lowering your graphics settings may help.

Indeed! But first I am going to check if it happens to other households as well =) Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    eevee80689eevee80689 Posts: 3 New Member
    My lag starts everytime it is time for the kids to go to school. Right before parenthood.
  • Options
    eevee80689 wrote: »
    My lag starts everytime it is time for the kids to go to school. Right before parenthood.

Hello
    Other simmers are having this issue. This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/m-p/5870882#M34546
    Some simmers have found that it helps if their kids are outside near where they leave for school ,just befote the time to go to school.
  • Options
    VeranniCakesVeranniCakes Posts: 7 New Member
    My sims are taking forever to get from one thing to the next, Man I tried removing my mods folder and everything. so CC is the problem then why are the sims still not moving? They get stuck in place for long periods of time. lol 5 empty dinner tables to eat and my sims eats outside....on a wooden park bench. Waiting in line to wait for a table but 50 minutes is a long time.
  • Options
    My sims are taking forever to get from one thing to the next, Man I tried removing my mods folder and everything. so CC is the problem then why are the sims still not moving? They get stuck in place for long periods of time. lol 5 empty dinner tables to eat and my sims eats outside....on a wooden park bench. Waiting in line to wait for a table but 50 minutes is a long time.

Hello
    Try doing the things that I suggested in the earlier post and see if that helps
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15811350/#Comment_15811350

Also make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.

With the eatujg outdoors issue, try directing one of the sims to sit at the dining table, and the other sims may follow that other sim and sit at the table also.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Thank you Rosemow, I do not use mods or CC in my game but I will try the other steps. This is the first time I had to do this in the Sims Series. Hopefully this will work, thanks for the advice. :)

This game also was not meant to be played at higher resolution. Just curious if you change game to 1080p how it runs. We had someone with your card trying to run 4k and the game would not start. This game seems to not like higher resolutions on PC
  • Options
    oliviaomloliviaoml Posts: 8 New Member
    As of this past week, I've been experiencing lag as well, though in a rather oddly specific scenario..

When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it.

Any thoughts? Is it the patch update or something different?
  • Options
    oliviaoml wrote: »
    As of this past week, I've been experiencing lag as well, though in a rather oddly specific scenario..

When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it.

Any thoughts? Is it the patch update or something different?

Hello @oliviaoml
    Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the build from your library back on to the lot and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > oliviaoml wrote: »
    >
    > As of this past week, I've been experiencing lag as well, though in a rather oddly specific scenario..
    >
    > When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Is it the patch update or something different?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @oliviaoml
    > Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the build from your library back on to the lot and see if the issue remains.

I just tried this by saving it to my library, then deleting the saved game altogether and starting a new one, then placing my saved lot into the new game; the freezing still happened when I edited the third floor :(
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > oliviaoml wrote: »
    >
    > As of this past week, I've been experiencing lag as well, though in a rather oddly specific scenario..
    >
    > When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Is it the patch update or something different?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @oliviaoml
    > Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the build from your library back on to the lot and see if the issue remains.

I just tried this by saving it to my library, then deleting the saved game altogether and starting a new one, then placing my saved lot into the new game; the freezing still happened when I edited the third floor :(

Hello
    Is the third floor furnished? If you have cc items on that floor, remove them and see if that may help with the issue.
  • Options
    @rosemow No, the third floor isn't furnished at all, and I have no CC and no mods in my game entirely.
  • Options
    @rosemow No, the third floor isn't furnished at all, and I have no CC and no mods in my game entirely.

Try testing by placing the build on a different lot and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    @rosemow I placed the build on a different lot, even a smaller lot, and the freezing still occurred :(

I just don't understand why it happens for /this/ house and only on the third floor. All other builds and games are perfectly fine
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @rosemow I placed the build on a different lot, even a smaller lot, and the freezing still occurred :(

I just don't understand why it happens for /this/ house and only on the third floor. All other builds and games are perfectly fine

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may like to post about it on the Build mode Feedback thread, and BryonyRae may be able to assist you to find the cause.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-6-7-17#latest
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've been getting lag as well. Good to know I'm not the only one.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've been getting lag as well. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Hello
    Try doing the suggestions that I posted in this link post and see if that may help with the lagging
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15811350/#Comment_15811350
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

This game also was not meant to be played at higher resolution. Just curious if you change game to 1080p how it runs. We had someone with your card trying to run 4k and the game would not start. This game seems to not like higher resolutions on PC

Very true, being my eyesight is getting poor, I would never see the difference in the resolutions. However, the lag was a quick second and it seems it worked itself out that I do not see it now.