Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Founders & Friends

Comments

• Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited June 2017
    Got some news about the Founders! :)

90QF3TQ.jpg
    Stefanie grew into a child. Look how scary she looks as a werewolf, boldly placing a whooping cushion on the sofa. :D She didn't grew up too well and got the unlucky trait - didn't realise how important it is to teach them how to walk and talk. I made sure to do so with Ben. It wasn't too hard, much easier than in Sims 2 I think.

ZNnFk0u.jpg
    It is currently winter in my small world and I found this scene simply lovely. Isn't Ben cute in his orange outdoor wear? :blush: It is a pity that the lot is too small for a snowball fight or igloo.

yPN3Zzl.jpg
    Sweet siblings! I hope they get on well with each other when they grew up as well.

t3BTMFl.jpg
    During full moon, suddenly a zombie was inside the house! I didn't know they would do that! Fortunately, noone got bitten. Zombies aren't that dangerous anyway, it would be cool if they were made a little different. Like for example if they would stay zombies and not just tranform during full moon, that would be especially interesting for an apocalypse themed playthrough.

The founders were also able to afford the first community lot (thanks to an inheritance ;)) and started building on it. The first building, which is already finished, is a laundromat. I will post pics of it as soon as the snow is gone. :relieved:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Nindl Awesome pics! I love Stefanie and her dad howling together. It is strange to see a little girl so hairy :joy: Ben is super cute. Nice you got to build your first lot! Better that the Zombie didn't get anyone!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Nindl

you are welcome re the links. I have been in and out of 3 I don't know how many times today trying to decide which sky/water mod I like the most in each world and so far I decided to keep the IP one because well I think tropical is easier to choose. I tried at least 5 different ones in Bridgeport and still cannot make up my mind as I want it to look/feel like a city not the tropics lol

Great update I agree Stephanie looks a little scary for a child lol cute pic of the siblings together and no I have never known a zombie to come in my sims houses but confess to having a no zombie mod these days anyway as I cannot stand them-) I had not realized that the founders were expected to purchase community lots so am wondering if this is a sort of challenge you are doing?
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    Thank you! :smiley:
    I know, it is weird to see a werewolf girl. :D Cool that it is possible, though! I think in Sims 2 we don't have supernatural children, unfortunately.

@SPARKY1922
    I use this graphics mod at the moment and am pretty pleased with it. :)

Thanks! Yes, zombies can be quite annoying, especially when they eat your plants! I wish there was a way to fight them or shoo them away, but you can't do anything to stop them or make them go away, which is a bummer and pretty unrealistic actually - a werewolf would surely be able to cope with some zombies.

Yes, I am doing some sort of challenge which I made up. Basically, the founders have to build the town themselves, like real founders haha. :relieved:
  • Options
    @Nindl

I have used the graphic mod you have linked to before but then started looking at more visual sky/water mods instead of just tweaks. my aim is to have one for each world that I like and just change the file accordingly depending on what world I intend playing.

you can get rid of zombies or tone them down. I have a no zombie mod but I have forgotten who made that one but there are others like the one on the following link. Those pea shooter things get rid of them but you need a ton of space to use them which is not realistic and honestly I find it distasteful how sims I am used to interacting with suddenly turn into a zombie yuk-) not to mention them eating my precious plants :)

https://morethanjustpixels.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/zombies-begone/

I am trying to imagine the time it would take to fill a world where the founders have to buy everything lol I can see that being quite a long legacy :)
  • Options
    @JULES1111

I thought you may be interested (or anyone else-) Toddlers Extra Activities (like some ts2 toddler activities)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=593434

Napping Mat like the one sims 2 toddlers can fall asleep on in 2

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=593159

• Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @Nindl
    Thanks, I hope so too. :smiley:
    What a great update on the Founders!
    Lol Stefanie, she does look mischievous. :lol: The pic in the snow is lovely! It looks cute how the sibling hug each other, I didn't know they can do that. Omg how horrible the sudden zombie "attack". Still, I would like if the zombies were a bit more jeopardous. Like it would be actually scary when they are roaming your lot and not that you just have to hide your crops from them lol. But what I would like even more is that sims would be able to interact with them, at least shoo them away.
    Looking forward to see your lot.

@SPARKY1922
    Thank you! :grin:
    Haha I know what you mean. But I think it's totally fine to switch between 2 and 3 whenever we feel like it. I also wanna play 3 now but I am already looking forward to going back to my Sims 2 neighborhood when I am in the 2 mood again lol.
    I will most probably also use a Rflong7 world.
    Can't wait to see your Sims 3 pics!
    Thanks for all the links to the cool stuff, those toddler activities look interesting. Also I liked this napping mat as soon as I saw it on MTS. :smile:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Nindl -This legacy isn't too far off how I do mine except that I start with a few community lots already built and the rest get built over time as the population gets bigger in town.The thing is that I play the entire town rotationally like in Sims 2 in my heavily Modded TS3 games.
    I had to get rid of the social workers as they've corrupted saves before from taking children away.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @Sally1502

@TadOlson
    Sounds interesting! Now that you mention it, I have not yet seen a social worker in Sims 3, I didn't actually know that they exist lol. Thanks for telling me that they corrupt saves, though, I will make super sure now that they won't come. ;)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I did use a Mod from MTS to remove them though it was outdated and it never caused any problems for my games and even saved them from getting corrupted by stopping the social workers.I also have to add playable sims into town as default replacement social workers though they'll still be playable and live in a household.I can send them to take a child away if the parents died or are abusing the child.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    I am not sure if I have resolved my uploading pic problem yet but this is my surfer/boating sim I have made for IP :)

1q5qhh.jpg
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Yay, finally pics! :smiley:
    Your sim looks cool! Wow, he has a lot of tattoos, fitting for an island sim I think. ;)
    Can't wait to see more pics. :blush:

I will probably post pics of my fire department today, I finished building it yesterday. :)
  • Options
    @Nindl

well we are still working on the screenshot/upload problem it is taking days to try and figure it out even with great help.. I love tattoos for some reason and always use them on sims in tropical style worlds where they tend to stay in their swimwear a lot :) or a grungy city with criminal attire-)

looking forward to seeing a pic of your fire station there is distinct lack of them when trying to find them custom made what size is it? and will you be uploading :)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    I think it is sized 30x40. Yes, I will upload it. :smiley:

If you are interested, you can find my other Sims lots (so far I have uploaded two from Sims 2 and three from Sims 3) on my Blog, which I have linked below in my signature. :)
    Post edited by Nindl on
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    This is a super cool legacy challenge! I've never seen a world completely abandoned before-that's really creative. I'll definitely be following this.
  • Options
    @Kandy
    Thanks for the kind words! :)
  • Options
    I finally finished building my fire department! :smiley:

Vohd6HT.jpg

YPIk5z8.jpg

iDKRZQh.jpg

UkgqR23.jpg

EJmj2X9.jpg

If you want to see more images, please check out my blog (linked below in my signature). There is also a download link there or, if you're in a hurry, you can download directly here :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Nindl

Your fire station is awesome I wish I could build like that really well done :) I love the size as well because when I was trying to kit out RV, AP and TB worlds a few months ago I realized that I needed 30x40 and 40x30 lots as EA appeared to prefer those sizes in their older worlds and they are really hard to find so I am pleased to have a fire station this size as it will fit perfectly in those worlds :)

Edit: I almost forgot to ask is this being built and paid for by your founders?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922

No, this is a lot I built in Sunset Valley. The Founders need much time dedicated and the progression of their story is very slowly - and as I don't have much time for Sims lately I prefer to do other things in game. :)
    Also, I seem to not really be in a legacy-mood lately - when it comes to playing Sims I sometimes am quite moody and change my mind quickly. :D
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Nindl Awesome firehouse! You did a great job. :)
  • Options
    @Nindl

Well SV will be fine as well as again I tried to do a remake last year and the lots were stupid sizes that hardly any creators build for these days. I don't blame you for changing games/series around I do it all the time what I want to play/do can change in an instant :)
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    Thanks a bunch! B)

@SPARKY1922
    That is nice, I'm happy you see it the same way. :)

Regarding the lots, I know what you mean, placing them can be really annoying in Sims 3. Often, either you don't find fitting space or you can't even place the lots next to the street or where you want because of routing or so. Placing lots is done much nicer in Sims 2, I think.
  • Options
    @Nindl

when I first saw 2 hoods I was initially disappointed coming from 3 and as you know it's a real challenge for me to fill/decorate hoods and I never build homes I am so bad at it but do not mind doing interior decoration so to see how I have managed to kit out 3 separate looking hoods to play in and actually like the look of them is an absolute first for me. Prior to my last update I also had every single 3 world kitted out with all the lots I like because as said in a instant I will think I want to play a 3 vampire/fairy (usually 🐸🐸🐸🐸) or play IP where I play water sports and beach stuff all day long and this week I have wanted to dive into a range of 3 story-lines in different worlds just to play and I can't because none of the worlds have been made ready so I need that fixing :) But what I thought I would never think about in 3 is that I am finding it restrictive because I cannot simply place objects around the world like bus stops/buses newsagents stands and the like without using CAW which is way way over my head so I found myself getting really frustrated with this because I want the choice to be able to do it so after my long winded answer yes I believe placing lots is much better in 2 :)
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    Nice island sim! :sunglasses:
    Wow so many tattoos, when I saw him it reminded me of New Zealand indigenous people lol.
    Would like to see more pics!! :smile:

@Nindl
    Very cool fire station! The first pic looks stunning. :smiley:

@JULES1111
    Nice to see you in this thread too haha. :grin:
  • Options
    @Sally1502

Thanks they are tattoos the style of indigenous people in that area of the world you mention. He's a cute sim and I will take some more pics when I am back in game and he is wearing swim trunks so you will be able to see the tattoos better :) I have other tattoos styles I use on my criminal looking sims that live in the grungiest parts of cities as well lol