Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Founders & Friends

Comments

• Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    Cool! Can't wait to see more pics. :smiley:
    And I am curious about those grungy criminal tattoos as well.
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    I see what you mean. ;)

@Sally1502
    Thank you! :smiley:

I started building a house yesterday, but haven't finished yet, nor am I really pleased with what I have so far. Hope I'll find time to flesh it out today. :)
    I often have a problem with estimating how much space I need from a lot, for furniture and so on and then often end up with too small rooms or too much space left around. :#

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Sally1502

I finally managed to get back into game and took a few shots of my sim in CAS so you can see the tattoos on the back through the mirror-)

The first one is the tattoo I am using on my sim at the moment the others show a few other styles I have to show you what they look like :)

124gh3n.jpg

tattoo style 2

2r4sqxg.jpg

tattoo style 3

30ue32e.jpg

tattoo style 4

2mmib8z.jpg

tattoo style 5

2hd6rmh.jpg

Tattoo style 6

6xqdk6.jpg

• Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Cool tattoos! Are those tattoos from the game or CC? :)
  • Options
    @Nindl

Thanks they are CC ones and defo better than the games own I think-)
  • Options
    wow they do look more like real tattoos than the EA ones :smile:
    Nice sim!
    Would like to see more of his house as well. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Sally1502

Well my sims house is just one of the houseboats that comes with the world until I download all the fancy boats and lots into the world I usually use but I have added some pics..

one of the things I love about this world is that my sims can go all the way around the island on their houseboats calling at all the dive spots and little islands so here is a pic of my sim doing that on his houseboat:

2s8ivci.jpg

small kitchen and living room area (I had to leave the walls down because it was too hard trying to take pics with them up-)

346nifl.jpg

second floor 2 bed one bath

nlqsmt.jpg

top floor with barbecue area

657viq.jpg
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Nice tats and houseboat. BBQ'ing on a boat does not sound like the safest thing though. :joy:
  • Options
    @JULES1111

Daredevil activity is never a problem for the sim with a death-flower in his inventory :) If they could do that in 2 would be perfect as begging not to die with grim rarely works well :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    That houseboat looks really nice! I have never really played with those yet but it is sure great. :smiley:

The death flower is really convenient. Trying to find one will probably be one of the first things my sim does, just to be safe. :mrgreen:

@JULES1111
    Haha, well at least they can quickly jump into the water in case of a fire. :D

I continued building my house yesterday. I decided to go with a kind of Mediterranean / beach style. I will post some pics soon. :)

• Options
    @Nindl

You have IP and never played in a houseboat yet :o

Can you imagine a sim being that clever that they would actually jump into the water instead of dying by fire :) not even the so called intelligent 4 sims even do that lol

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new house :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    I don't have Island Paradise since it came out. I played only for a very short time on a house boat and I really liked it, but then played other games and stuff. :)

Haha lol, you are right about the sims' intelligence. They always run towards the fire. :D

Thanks! I am looking forward to continuing with building and taking some pics. I do hope that uploading them to imgur works again today, as yesterday imgur seemed to have a problem with uploading. :/
  • Options
    So, thankfully imgur works again. Here are two pics of the house I am currently building (it's not yet done as you can see)! :smiley:

Tistnim.jpg

ELGrQXw.jpg
  • Options
    @Nindl

That is a lovely build you have managed to get different shapes/styles around the build which definitely exceeds anything I end up trying to do which looks like a box well done your creativity shines through :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Nindl Nice house! You do a great job landscaping. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    That is a nice house boat your sim is living in. I have never got the chance to play in a house boat yet, as since I got IP I was only building lots and then I never got round to actually play. Can't wait to do that. :smiley:

Are you using a graphic mod? Your game has such nice colours. :hushed:

@Nindl
    Very cool house, the shape is unique and special, I like it. Also I really like all the plants you put. :smile:
  • Options
    @Sally1502

thanks IP is such a pain to find nice looking lots that are all the right sizes I almost fell asleep last night placing lots and then bulldozing them and doing it all over again-) I have a mix right now of IP bright colored lots plus some lovely ST styles because I am simply not keen on most of the EA lots that come with this world at all. Then I have to go through the world removing all the things that cause lag (which is a long list) then I usually start playing but this time I could not resist playing straightaway because as said I just love house-boating around the whole world stopping at different places-)

I am using Brntwaffles Fresh cut day3.0 sky/water mod on the following link with a chance of Aurora's they have lots of different sky/water effects so I am testing a lot of them out to see which I like the most in all my worlds then when I go into game to play I will change to whichever one I like using in that particular world because you can only use one mod at a time.

http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/45205109060/this-lighting-mod-is-a-blend-of-aurora-skies

with IP being tropical I am still not sure this is the right one because of the sky at night so wondering what you think?

ta4ewm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    I see, thanks for the info. What are the items that cause lag, I wonder? :hushed:
    Very nice screenshot, are those sharks? :anguished:
    I thought you could only encounter them while diving.
    And about the night sky being tropical I am not entirely sure... I think auroras are something nordic though.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 @JULES1111 @Sally1502
    Thank you very much, all! :smiley:

I hope I have more time to build today and can finish the lot and finally start playing. :)

@SPARKY1922
    Can these sharks attack? I have never seen them swimming like that. :o
  • Options
    @Sally1502 & @Nindl

The routing in IP is abysmal animals get stuck at the festival lot going up the stairs then not being able to get back down, there are trees and plants under a lot of the lots that cause lag and need removing with buydebug on, a lot of sims/animals get stuck on ports where the routing is off or large rocks partially cover the footpaths to the ports and much more which is why it takes me forever to get this world ready to actually play in :)

yes sharks can surround your sim in the water but they will not attack unless diving, still looks scary though...

Now this would scare me senseless :)

207kn76.jpg
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    What a pity that the IP world is so buggy. :/

Cool! Omg that giant squid is really scary! I would totally panic. :D
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Thanks for telling us, that is good to know. :smile: I have read from many people that IP is very laggy and crash-y (is that a word lol) and for some even unplayable.

Cool thing about the sharks!
    Omg the kraken is horrifying indeed! :fearful:
    Are there also dolphins actually?
  • Options
    @Nindl & @Sally1502

While I agree IP can be laggy and problematic for some there is no reason to suppose your game would be like that some players have no problems at all. If you want the world and are willing to spend a little time resolving the problems you would probably have a great game and I can easily send you the word doc that I got from a creator who noted everything down that helps in this world.

But also remember if you have IP you would be able to download a custom worlds like Rflon7's who had made several 3 worlds with dive spots and the like all CC free so if you have problems with IP you still have other options.

I have never seen dolphins but if you are out on water on a houseboat or small boat then the Kraken is often around which is cool from that perspective but it really made me jump the first time it swam by my sims who was actually in the water because of the size of it :)

I changed my sky/water mod I think this color is better the pic is the moon going down just approaching dawn :)

15d15he.jpg
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Yes, please send me the Word Doc. I definitely want to play in the IP world some day. :)

That sky/water mod looks lovely. :blush:

I finished building and furnishing my house yesterday and am very pleased with the result. I will post pics later. ;)

I also started playing with my sim. She is a fire fighter, which is fun, but unfortunately already a bit buggy (the alarm goes off but then stops after a few seconds and there is no job to do). I also had an invisible sim and am now using Nraas Debug Enabler, which will hopefully solve the problem. Wouldn't be the Sims if there weren't bugs lol. :D
  • Options
    @Nindl

First of all kudos and thanks to ciane for taking the time to put all the information together to help other players. She even remade a number of lots that were creating lag because of their build and style so they can be replaced. I use her remakes of her following 2 builds because of their locations and build style which would make them difficult to replace with any other lots however she also has many other remake lots for the world but I choose to replace the flat ground lots with other player made lots I like the look of rather than replace EA's horrible look-)

Simple Solitude
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8573435

Modern Marvel IP
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=878091

Most of the lots in IP have not been finished properly and routing creates problems so I go in those various lots she has outlined and make the necessary alterations if I am not intending on replacing the whole lot.

Of course I went looking for the word doc on IP lag and could not find it I am assuming it's on a hard drive somewhere but because I played in IP a lot I can remember most of it so I went looking for the thread I found it and there is a download link I have just used to re-download the word doc to keep it to hand although as she posts pics of where to look and what to change in the world it would also be a good idea to bookmark the thread as you may need to go back to it at some point as well.

Also I don't know if you know but ellacharmed has made a lot of fixes to a lot of EA worlds including IP but honestly when I tried to use it I made a mistake and nearly lost my original world so never tried that one again although to be fair at the time I hardly knew the mechanics of the game but if you wish to include that method as a fix the link is below.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909

I chose just to follow all the fixes she outlines without using ellacharmed fixed world and it works for me so far every time.

Also I am not sure if you use NRASS mods at all but overwatch and ErrorTrap would really need to be required as they really help in every EA world but especially IP.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

she also advises deleting most of the houseboats and leaving the ports only and that is because there are a lot of routing issues for sims going to and from these various ports and I used to do that but now as I do like to see more houseboats around the world I keep a couple at ports I know I can make the routes to and from the road more fixable..

Also as sims get stuck in their boats all the time under decking and the like I try to make sure that either side of a lot placed on land leading into the water is free so boats have enough room either side to get to land so sims can get out and that has helped a lot.

she also advises deleting all 3 resorts but there is no I am doing that because that is one of IP's special game play so I tend to delete the one at surf circle on the island hobarts way and put my sims luxury house there player made for that spot and delete the other resort in the center of the island keep the other resort at the other side of the island sparkling sands so I at least have one to go at :)

I don't delete the Scott family in the houseboat I move them onto the island and I never allow pets on any houseboats as that can cause lag with them trying to get on and off the houseboats for some reason.

reading the rest of her information I think the steps above are the only steps I personally change to suit myself and do not follow completely but the rest I do and while it looks like a lot of work nothing can adequately describe how good it feels when you end up with practically a lag free IP game :)

After all this when I get lag Its usually a stuck boat somewhere, boats that sims have left littered around the water and abandoned need deleting and and animal somewhere.. occasionally a sim..

link to all information, word document download and remakes of lots..

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-lag-download-save-file#latest