Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Keep Vampires From Entering Home?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I just had a random vampire breeze past 2 (TWO) wreathes of garlic that I put outside the front door.

The vampire bit my Sim's neck.

Good job I had saved the game about 2 Sim hours earlier.

So, if a stinking, rodent, vampire is immune to garlic then we just sit there and take it?

This game is aggressive and savage.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I downloaded a house from the Gallery specifically for my vampire to live in in Forgotten Hollow. Once I moved him in, I realized that the house had a huge abundance of garlic braids, wreaths, and garlands. It was meant for a human to live in in Forgotten Hollow, not a vamp! I had to move him out quickly!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am jealous of you guys and your vampire break ins!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I just had a random vampire breeze past 2 (TWO) wreathes of garlic that I put outside the front door.

The vampire bit my Sim's neck.

Good job I had saved the game about 2 Sim hours earlier.

So, if a stinking, rodent, vampire is immune to garlic then we just sit there and take it?

This game is aggressive and savage.

You want this nerfed, don't you? You know, if they do patch this out, I'm going to blame you and be very unhappy with you. :(

You know very well some of them have vampire power level immune to garlic, not all are, and you know very well the brother and sister are not setup to feed on anyone. They prefer those packs. They may sneak in but they just hang out and watch TV etc.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RileylovesimsRileylovesims Posts: 1 New Member
    on the first day I made my family and they weren't vampires that night vlad cam and mezmurized my sim. so I had to lock the doors and the I had to keep everybody asleep. So I just got to scared and just quickly had to exit to the main menu.
  • Options
    silkydreamgirl10silkydreamgirl10 Posts: 61 Member
    I had 2 of the circle pots with a garlic plant in each one by my front door and it just stop a vampire so I think that works
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Ooh boy, let the local vampire hunter give you some tips here. xD I've played a lot of vampires, and I've been keeping an eye on generated NPC vampires for a while. And this is, what I find, works for me.

1. Grow garlic outside the front door, preferably in a planter. Vampire NPC's never have that thing where they're immune to it. A played vamp only gets it after the second rank, but I've never seen it on NPC's. So garlic is a pretty reliable way to prevent bites, as it gives even unplayed vampires an Uncomfortable moodlet. This gets worse the longer they're around it, and it completely prevents biting at +3 uncomfortable.

2. Get the vampire lore skill to 5. That allows you to make garlic stuff, hang that in bedrooms and on doors. You've got wreaths, garlands and strands at your disposal, which work great in rooms. Wreaths are ideal for doors, and garlands/strands are perfect for hallways. Again: you want that +3 Uncomfortable moodlet on the vamp breaking in. Especially the wreath is going to be your best friend.

3. Lock the front door and bedroom door in combination with 2. If a vampire has a too low vampire rank to teleport, this'll guaranteed keep them at bay. Not all of them have the bat power (or other teleports), and I've seen generated Grand Master ranked vampires who can't unlock front doors on their own. The locks won't work on vampires like Vladislav Straus, though.

4. If your Sim is awake, and you're dealing with a vamp who can't unlock the door? Befriend the vampire! I've actually had this prevent bites when dealing with vampires who can't do Mesmerize. It also prevents them from trying to break in again: seems to be an unspoken vampire rule that they don't drink from their human buddies. xD Have some garlic in the living room (or the hallway to it) just in case, though.

5. Avoid Vampire-related content on the household. Don't start on the vampire lore skill (unless you cheat the skill in). Starting the skill seems to open the dang door for Vladislav in particular, and he's a particularly tough one to keep out.

Combining these definitely worked for me on completely preventing break-ins. I had a household do this, and they've only got bitten once because I forgot the garlic. (Dang you, Vlad!). Hope it helped. :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Last night, I had an interesting occurrence when Vlad TRIED TO break in! My front door is set to "lock for all, except for" plus I have a front porch. I'm not sure if it's because the porch counts as a room and the door being locked, but Vlad could not get in. He just stood at the door and hissed (with that creepy music playing), but that was it. I don't know why he didn't change into bat form and get in. After awhile, he gave up and left, and my Sim continued to sleep undisturbed.

Btw the bedroom door itself is unlocked, so if he did get in, my Sim would've been a tasty snack for him!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Simple, after the first Vlad visit, do not and I repeat DO NOT have a sim look up vampire lore. It not only keeps Vlad away but the other pre-mades and NPC's away as well.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SimsualSimsual Posts: 6 New Member
    I've used the locking door thing for everyone but household (I generally don't have sims over, or have sims invite friends over from school etc - my sims all end up being loners, I swear XD); there's the garlic string (it goes vertical) or the garlic wreath and I believe one other. I thought about planting garlic outside but I'm not sure if pets go into gardens as mine is fenced off.

The only time I had vampire issues was in the apartments; so I was surprised to find one entering my house the other day when I tried to save and couldn't. All that happened was the vampire came in and drained my sim, leaving them dizzy for awhile. I couldn't stop it or otherwise cheat to reset anyone or remove them.
  • Options
    524julie524julie Posts: 8 New Member
    I just had a vampire, can't remember her name, but I didn't create her, come into my Sims home. Everyone was sleeping, the front door was locked for everyone but household members and none of them have ever invited a vampire into the house, interacted with one or read any of the vampire books, etc (at least while I was playing them). There needs to be a way to just turn them off.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    524julie wrote: »
    I just had a vampire, can't remember her name, but I didn't create her, come into my Sims home. Everyone was sleeping, the front door was locked for everyone but household members and none of them have ever invited a vampire into the house, interacted with one or read any of the vampire books, etc (at least while I was playing them). There needs to be a way to just turn them off.

The simplest way of turning off vampire break-ins is to uninstall the pack and live without the build/buy items.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Captain_RichardCaptain_Richard Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Chazzzy;d-919036"]Soooo I'm going to cave and buy Vampires pack mainly because I want a new world and items. But I have an important question.

I've been reading about how Vampires barge into your Sims homes all hours of the day/night to feed off them etc and I want to prevent that. I have no interest in playing with or being bothered by Vampires (at the moment).

What do I have to do to keep them away?[/quote]

You can go to manage worlds and evict all of the vampires in the vampire world and they are technically gone from that save game and if you want to mess with them in the future you can create a new save game or even put them in your gallery and move them into the save game you already have
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! It's great you want to help but this thread has been inactive for quite some time unfortunately so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top