Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Keep Vampires From Entering Home?

Comments

• AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    I had that happen on my first play, I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 NOOOOOO!!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    AJLOVER01 wrote: »
    I had that happen on my first play, I was like plum NOOOOOO!!!

I have 2 mods now that keep Vampires at bay, haven't seen one yet! I also don't click on any of the new Vampire social interactions in the pie menu, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I've never interacted with an alien or a vampire and so I never see them around. I've seen aliens in sixam and I get the occasional vampire at my door but I ignore them and they go away, they've never come inside the house.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I was getting ready to move my household to another house, and was packing up the stuff I wanted to take with, including the garlic wreath that hangs by the front door. No sooner had I done that and entered live mode, than here comes Vlad. Couldn't exit, move the family, nothing. I mean, THE very instant I put the wreath in inventory, there he was. I exited without saving. It did sell me on the power of the wreath, though.
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I was getting ready to move my household to another house, and was packing up the stuff I wanted to take with, including the garlic wreath that hangs by the front door. No sooner had I done that and entered live mode, than here comes Vlad. Couldn't exit, move the family, nothing. I mean, THE very instant I put the wreath in inventory, there he was. I exited without saving. It did sell me on the power of the wreath, though.

Sounds stressful
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    So as a rule, avoid vampire content on families you don't want involved with vampires. I have ONLY been attacked by vampires with families that learned Vampire lore. If you wanna be extra cautious, avoid befriending vampires with those same sims, though not sure that's neccesary.

I think a common issue is that people learn vampire lore to make the garlic stuff and keep vampires out. The problem is that perhaps the garlic doesn't work on vampires that are immune to garlic. The game is likely to generate ~5 or so random vampire townies, so if one of them is garlic immune, this is probably how problems start.

But yeah, just avoid the vampire content with the families you don't want being attacked. Don't put them in Forgotten Hollow, do not learn Vampire Lore, and try to avoid befriending vampires or interacting with them. We were told pre-release to avoid learning vampire lore, and sure enough my only Sims that get attacked are the ones that learned it.

Also, if you do get attacked, freeze the vampire with the Scientist freeze ray outside. That scores you extra cool kids points and teaches the vampires a lesson not to mess with you.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just wish the "Creepy" walk style wasn't a default thing. Unless you have that walk style chosen. Because I have my own Vampires, Whom I don't mind break in, but I kind of wish after Lucifer breaks in using mist form, he would just walk around normally.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    For those of you playing rotationally, all it takes is for one of your families to study vampires to begin the visits.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Just locking the front door works for me.
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I've got an artist who has just about aged out who build a small home in Windenberg, got to fifteen in vampire lore and never had a visit from a vampire till after she got half way through her adult stage and made friends with Lillian at a bar. Hasn't ever been bitten, but after she aged up her good Friend Lillian (who came over nights and played with the adopted toddler often) called her in the wee hours. Lillian asked her to come over, because Lillian had an important question to ask her. My painter drug herself out of bed, went to Lillian's where Lillian offered to make her immortal. She turned immortality down, and just we just got the notice for both of them. Lillian is good friends with both adults and a friend of the child who still has five days before her birthday.

I saw vampires walk by, but they never stopped. Missed Vlad's call because my sim was sleeping. I'd wondered if they had trouble finding the door on a custom house. Even now, Lillian doesn't come over unless we call her. She does show up for birthdays with smoke rising, but she doesn't eat cake.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Currently I have vampires come knocking on the door late at night. I leave them to stew. After a while you can determine which townies are vampires when you never see them during the daytime.
  • mlenisemlenise Posts: 1 New Member
    I created a mother daughter duo today, moved them into a small apartment, with no computer. The first night they was sleeping Lillian broke in. She never learned vampire lore or talked about vampires. My sim immediately bought a garlic wreath, I've played 3 son nights and so far only the one break in.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Mine knock on my door. I don't understand this breaking in everyone is talking about :D Doesn't happen.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    edited June 2017
    mlenise wrote: »
    I created a mother daughter duo today, moved them into a small apartment, with no computer. The first night they was sleeping Lillian broke in. She never learned vampire lore or talked about vampires. My sim immediately bought a garlic wreath, I've played 3 son nights and so far only the one break in.

Did you move any families into Forgotten Hollow?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Mine knock on my door. I don't understand this breaking in everyone is talking about :D Doesn't happen.

This is what happens when a vampire breaks into someone's home.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRkJR-9M1o
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited June 2017
    To me it seems the Sims 4 Vamps are the new Sims 3 Zombies they are getting annoying always at my door when one vamp leave here come another. Than one broke in and tried to suck my Sims blood I was like they are getting annoying be like the Sims 3 vamps they were much more cooler.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
    edited June 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    To me it seems the Sims 4 Vamps are the new Sims 3 Zombies they are getting annoying always at my door when one vamp leave here come another. Than one broke in and tried to suck my Sims blood I was they are annoying be like the Sims 3 vamps they were much more cooler.

I think what happened was with the Sims 3 vampires there were a lot of players who were complaining that those vampires were too much like the Twilight vampires, so I think that they wanted to go a different direction with the Sims 4 vampires. Personally I prefer the things that vampires can do in Sims 4, verses Sims 3. My biggest complaint was in Sims 3 that a vampire could only drink from their friends, and had to ask permission first. I prefer my vampires to be able to leave their friends and family alone, and munch out on total strangers.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    To me it seems the Sims 4 Vamps are the new Sims 3 Zombies they are getting annoying always at my door when one vamp leave here come another. Than one broke in and tried to suck my Sims blood I was they are annoying be like the Sims 3 vamps they were much more cooler.

I think what happened was with the Sims 3 vampires there were a lot of players who were complaining that those vampires were too much like the Twilight vampires, so I think that they wanted to go a different direction with the Sims 4 vampires. Personally I prefer the things that vampires can do in Sims 4, verses Sims 3. My biggest complaint was in Sims 3 that a vampire could only drink from their friends, and had to ask permission first. I prefer my vampires to be able to leave their friends and family alone, and munch out on total strangers.

Yeah back to the Sims 2 but they were also cool than these vampires except maybe changing disguise. These vamps are annoying.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Mine knock, too! About half of them, anyway. The other half breaks in, but they don't always attempt to feed. Most of those that break in take out the trash, play at the computers or start socializing. Those few that actually bite go to prison for their first offense. Never had a second offense so far. No idea why my vampires are so well behaved, but I'm happy with the frequency. Rare enough to become the talk of town when it happens, but still happening often enough to not feel as if I'd be missing out on a feature.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

I just had it happen in San Myshuno. I started a new game, and Rosemary studied a little Vampire Lore. Couple nights later she gets what I assume was a telepathic message from Vlad (since it wasn't a phone call or e-mail) complimenting her on her lovely neck.
    Next night she goes to bed and, sure enough, the Vladster stops in for a drink. It was awesome.
    I don't always get successful Vlad visits. Once he stopped by and just stood in the street for the entire night.
    The vampires who knock on my door can be annoying, but I never answer and they go away after a while.
    Now that I think about it, a mod that would make them go over and take the cake from the cowplant would the coolest thing ever.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Lots of garlic will keep them away. They have wreaths, braids, and garlands. I bought Vampires about a month ago and actually enjoy playing it, unlike the vampires in Sims 2 and 3. So far, they've only come to the front door and have left if I ignore them. No break-ins. Also, you can buy garlic seeds by clicking on the planter box or bowl, just like regular seeds.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

This is what happens when a vampire breaks into someone's home.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRkJR-9M1o

well that would be annoying. Thankfully hasn't happened to me yet.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Soooo I'm going to cave and buy Vampires pack mainly because I want a new world and items. But I have an important question.

I've been reading about how Vampires barge into your Sims homes all hours of the day/night to feed off them etc and I want to prevent that. I have no interest in playing with or being bothered by Vampires (at the moment).

What do I have to do to keep them away?

Don't invite them in, and they won't come back to bite anybody.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Soooo I'm going to cave and buy Vampires pack mainly because I want a new world and items. But I have an important question.

I've been reading about how Vampires barge into your Sims homes all hours of the day/night to feed off them etc and I want to prevent that. I have no interest in playing with or being bothered by Vampires (at the moment).

What do I have to do to keep them away?

Don't invite them in, and they won't come back to bite anybody.

Not true. This sim never invited in a single vampire, she didn't even talk to them while she was out, and she didn't touch the Vampire Skills either.
    17621639_767616490055315_2856560051869538014_o.jpg?oh=aeaddf2613544bc4ced2632df4ee0602&oe=59E92961

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That has not been my experience at all. I had to invite Vlad in for a short visit when game was released. Was surprised when he came back later and snuck into her room. But I knew it was a thing so I was very happy vampires (some of them) have the power to enter later after being invited in first. This may be part of a setup when you first load the first family after the GP but after that no one has been broken in on and I play more than fifteen families.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top