Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so let me get this straight about acnee

Comments

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Selios wrote: »
    BECAUSE SIMS TEENS WILL NOT BE GETTING IT AUTOMATICALLY because of STRESS or GENTICS which I keep telling you since you have to put it on MANUALLY yourself IF YOU WANT it. But you aren't listening..

he knows this. his argument is that if vampire attacks can be random, acne should be as well.

No he thinks w/o checking the FACTS that the ance will happen RANDOMLY.. but SimGuruNinja says its not happening

You completely misunderstood what he was saying.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    It's the best way they could introduce it.
    In TS2 teens would get acne because of low hygiene, which is totally wrong and not how it works in real life. It's based on your genes, hormones and how much stress you have.

Making it because of low hygiene would just spread misinformation. Again: Acne doesn't comes from being dirty!

Yes it does.

Four main factors cause acne:
    Oil production
    Dead skin cells
    Clogged pores
    Bacteria

Factors that may worsen acne
    These factors can trigger or aggravate an existing case of acne:
    Hormones
    Certain medications
    Diet
    Stress

Source: Mayo Clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/acne/basics/causes/con-20020580
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Apparently acne is the new "The Sims 4" mechanic on why Simmers should duke it out on the forums against one another so I grabbed my popcorn, a blanket, and some mountain dew.....ahhh I just farted as I sat down so it's been confirmed via rear that I won't be needing a bathroom break anytime soon so "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"
  • Options
    @brendhan21, I'd really like to see acne occur as a result of low hygiene but only have it affect played households. Totally wouldn't want to see all the neighborhood teens running around with acne. Having said that though I'm sure it's not going to make you feel any better. Also would be nice if acne elicited some type of moodlet for the teen or reaction from other sims.
  • Options
    jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    This is the pettiest argument I have ever witnessed. I'm here for it lmao :D
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • Options
    Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member

@jeromesimsworld why is that? The only pettiness I see is your comment. It didn't add anything to the discussion.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

I know right. Out of all arguments Simmers are about to argue over acne. This is why I grabbed my soda and snacks from my previous comment cause Wow! Simmers let's love the game and each other and stop the fighting.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    In TS2 teens would get acne because of low hygiene, which is totally wrong and not how it works in real life. It's based on your genes, hormones and how much stress you have.

Making it because of low hygiene would just spread misinformation. Again: Acne doesn't comes from being dirty!

There you go!
    That's how it could have been implemented.
    And it would have made the game interesting in my opinion than putting in on in CAS.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    CK213 wrote: »

There you go!
    That's how it could have been implemented.
    And it would have made the game interesting in my opinion than putting in on in CAS.

You could implement Burglar NPCs into the game and make it way more interesting and chaotic
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017

Yes it does.

Oil production
    Dead skin cells
    Clogged pores
    Bacteria

Hormones
    Certain medications
    Diet
    Stress

Acne can also come from having "high hygiene". If you shower really often your skin gets damaged and you have no protection bacteria which also causes acne.
    And not every teen who doesn't shower gets Acne. It's your GENETICS that are the ultimate cause, because they determin your hormones and everything.

As I was saying, these games have influence on children. If you tell them that acne comes from having low hygiene they will think that people with acne in RL are "untidy"/"dirty"/"never shower". (->Bullying?)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Cathound01 agreed
    @CyrusTheLoser true I was being a little hyperbolic perhaps, and I didn't really read the vampire argument, just wanted to say that I agree with his basic perception that this should've been more than a skin detail. For me anyway. They've got so many mechanics already in the game they could've reused for this...and I for one just don't buy the control argument, because for me, if the game is meant to simulate life, it should be random too - it's the things I can't control I tend to enjoy the most sometimes :)
    @PrincessVee precisely. That's exactly my thinking on this as well...and it simply would've been nicer.
    @simgirl1010 technically that excerpt didn't prove acne is the result of low hygiene at all (and it isn't), but of among other things, hormones, medications, diet and stress. Which to me are not necessarily linked to low hygiene. Oil production / clogged pores are much more the result of your skin type (i.e. high sebum production, very sensitive or oily skin) than of not washing your skin enough. I myself don't suffer much from acne but I've read enough about this to know that people who suffer from acne are often more aware of and adamant about proper skincare than people who don't suffer from this. So I think like @PrincessVee suggested, tying it instead to stress or maybe strong sadness, eating only really greasy foods and sweets, or who knows, taking medication to combat illnesses too frequently would have been better. They could've added a "comodogenic rating" to the food lol ;) anyway I just wanted to say this cause I think it might not sit too well with some people who have issues with this without that being due to their lack of hygienic care.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    where is this "petty argument" that everyone is referencing? it's just a discussion about acne.
    two people disagreeing on something isn't always an argument. don't be childish.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member

Yes it does.

Oil production
    Dead skin cells
    Clogged pores
    Bacteria

Hormones
    Certain medications
    Diet
    Stress

Acne can also come from having "high hygiene". If you shower really often your skin gets damaged and you have no protection bacteria which also causes acne.
    And not every teen who doesn't shower gets Acne. It's your GENETICS that are the ultimate cause, because they determin your hormones and everything.

As I was saying, these games have influence on children. If you tell them that acne comes from having low hygiene they will think that people with acne in RL are "untidy"/"dirty"/"never shower". (->Bullying?)

If someone thinks that all people wih acne never shower/are constantly dirty, that's their problem. But I really don't think people will bully other people for being dirty because of their acne because of the Sims. People do get bullied for excessive acne, and that's not okay, but I don't think having low hygiene=acne in the game will make someone a bully. That's kinda extreme.

And yeah I was hoping it would be a gameplay thing, too. I'm kinda disappointed there won't be moodlets.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy, thanks for that clarification. I was trying to illustrate that not properly keeping your skin clean can lead to acne but it's not the only factor.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @MadameLee what do you mean about making beards genetic?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

well I know some people's family if a dad (ie a grandpa) has a beard there's a 50/50 chance their son(s) might get a beard as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the acne like I'm cool that we have it, not bothered about it being a skin detail as my teens never used to have acne in previous games anyway so.
    tumblr_meyf2dj9rI1s05gn9o1_500.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

well I know some people's family if a dad (ie a grandpa) has a beard there's a 50/50 chance their son(s) might get a beard as well.

But having or not having a beard is a choice. Most of men can grow a beard, but they choose to shave it. It's actually not so common for men to not be able to grow a beard ( except Asian countries )
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

But having or not having a beard is a choice. Most of men can grow a beard, but they choose to shave it. It's actually not so common for men to not be able to grow a beard ( except Asian countries )

but still genetics DO play a factor if a person have a beard in the first.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the acne like I'm cool that we have it, not bothered about it being a skin detail as my teens never used to have acne in previous games anyway so.

I'm sure you're not the only one. Just like I don't care that teens are the same height, or that seems to be a larger selection of female clothing. Some features matter more or less to all of us.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

I'm sure you're not the only one. Just like I don't care that teens are the same height, or that seems to be a larger selection of female clothing. Some features matter more or less to all of us.

Yeah I want smaller teens but acne isn't a issue for me personally though.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I agree that I wish acne was a random, actual thing (and not just a make up) like in TS2.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I agree that I wish acne was a random, actual thing (and not just a make up) like in TS2.

I actually personally don't want it to be random. I think that it should come about if your sim is stressed, has had low hygiene, etc. And there should be ways to prevent it/clear it up. But yeah, I didn't want it to be a CAS detail :/