Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All EP/SP gone

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Seems this happening to me was a precursor to a much bigger problem. I haven't had any issues with the latest Origin update. Well, other then some difficulty I had with screenshots. But that was fixed by removing the multi-tab module for the Read Once mod. Speaking of which, @igazor you people at NRass might want to look over that add-on. Read Once works great, but the mod that applies read once to books read on your multi-tab 9000 appear to break screen shots.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2017
    > Unfortunately @igazor and I don't work for EA so this problem is out of our hands. We volunteer our time to help in tech with game issues however we have no authority to get into anyone's account. Only EA has the authority to get in your account. You would need to keep contacting them until they resolve your issue.Posting your issue in this forum won't help

I've found there twitter and I've sent them a tweet about it, hopefully I can get a response from them on there about the issue.

From what @igazor is saying it has not effected everyone. For those who have been effected it's on an individual scale not a grand scale. This is why you need to keep calling until they fix your individual account. If it was on a grand scale it would be an easier fix.

@SimGuruDrake several people are missing eps because of the origin update.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Just happened to me too! Seems like "Updates" break more than they fix! Do us a favor and don't give us anymore "Updates"!

Like I've ALWAYS said, " If it's not broke, don't break it!"

Learn it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @5782341b77vl - Origin will continue to have updates regardless because it supports games and their feature sets far beyond Sims and likely needs to keep having adjustments done to maintain such support. If there were a way to get whatever parts of it are supposed to interact with TS3 working properly and then frozen, that's something most of us would be entirely in favor of.

@Faerie197 - I'm afraid that OnceRead is one of the few NRaas mods that I never use. I believe that the tablet portion conflicts with JunJayMdM's OnlineCenter mod. Even though JunJay, wearing his hat as an NRaas developer, was himself the last one to update it, he advises not to run both at the same time. Therefore, I would be unable to reproduce this issue very easily and I can't see where it's ever been reported. Are you certain you had the most recent version of the mod in play? Perhaps you could open up a trouble ticket thread at NRaas to describe what's happened there?
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/OnceRead+Issues
    (free registration and wiki membership required to post)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Christopher69BChristopher69B Posts: 159 Member
    This is the email response that I just got back from ea, about action being taken on my account.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2rgjj8g.png[/IMG]
  • Options
    Dear Customer,

We have received your message regarding the action taken on your account.

EA's Terms of Service team are looking into this issue and will respond once the matter has been fully investigated according to our internal policies.

In order to thoroughly examine the matter there may be a delay in responding, however we will endeavour to provide you with a resolution in a timely manner.

Please note we are currently experiencing high volumes and this may result in a minimum delay of 72 hours. Please do not submit further appeals as this may reset your place in the queue. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

EA Terms of Service

It wouldn't allow me to post a screenshot, so I copy and pasted there reply instead.
  • Options
    @Christopher69B This is a curiosity question. Did you buy your game off origin or buy codes off of Ebay or Amazon? I'm wondering if there is a pattern. Someone else who has part of their game missing bought their game off ebay and not direct from Origin.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @Christopher69B This is a curiosity question. Did you buy your game off origin or buy codes off of Ebay or Amazon? I'm wondering if there is a pattern. Someone else who has part of their game missing bought their game off ebay and not direct from Origin.

I brought my game via steam and downloaded it via origin. but most my expansion packs were brought from ebay, expect for seasons I brought that from origin.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @Christopher69B This is a curiosity question. Did you buy your game off origin or buy codes off of Ebay or Amazon? I'm wondering if there is a pattern. Someone else who has part of their game missing bought their game off ebay and not direct from Origin.

I brought my game via steam and downloaded it via origin. but most my expansion packs were brought from ebay, expect for seasons I brought that from origin.

OK so you bought the game through steam and registered the codes to origin . You also bought some through ebay. I'm wondering if codes bought outside EA, origin will not recognize as legit codes. @igazor there may be a pattern to this. Possible that origin is not recognizing outside codes.
  • Options
    > OK so you bought the game through steam and registered the codes to origin . You also bought some through ebay. I'm wondering if codes bought outside EA, origin will not recognize as legit codes. @igazor there may be a pattern to this. Possible that origin is not recognizing outside codes.

All my expansion packs were working fine up until the recent Origin update, then once I updated it thats when they stopped working. and theres only 3 now that are showing up in my game launcher.
  • Options
    > OK so you bought the game through steam and registered the codes to origin . You also bought some through ebay. I'm wondering if codes bought outside EA, origin will not recognize as legit codes. @igazor there may be a pattern to this. Possible that origin is not recognizing outside codes.

All my expansion packs were working fine up until the recent Origin update, then once I updated it thats when they stopped working. and theres only 3 now that are showing up in my game launcher.

We know the recent origin update caused it. As @igazor mentioned Origin is seeing your game codes as a TOS violation probably because you did not buy the codes directly through origin.
  • Options
    > We know the recent origin update caused it. As @igazor mentioned Origin is seeing your game codes as a TOS violation probably because you did not buy the codes directly through origin.
    will that mean I need to rebuy them again if thats the case? im speaking to EA Help at the moment on there twitter seeing if they can do anything about it.
  • Options
    > We know the recent origin update caused it. As @igazor mentioned Origin is seeing your game codes as a TOS violation probably because you did not buy the codes directly through origin.
    will that mean I need to rebuy them again if thats the case? im speaking to EA Help at the moment on there twitter seeing if they can do anything about it.

As I mentioned before non of us work for EA so we can't give you an answer as to how EA is going to handle and fix this issue. It would be wrong of EA to make anyone re-buy the game. I paged a Guru in this thread and hopefully they see it.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 hopefully sometime soon we see a fix for this. I was playing the game a few week ago and it seem fine up until yesterday when I noticed most my packs went missing.
  • Options
    @Christopher69B I advised someone who is in contact with EA about this situation . If I hear anything Ill let everyone know
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 im in contact with them at the moment on there twitter help page. Hopefully I get a helpful response about this situation.
  • Options
    ive just had a response back from them saying. There is block on my account and that the terms of service team are dealing with it. Not really sure why this block was even put onto my account.
  • Options

We know the recent origin update caused it. As @igazor mentioned Origin is seeing your game codes as a TOS violation probably because you did not buy the codes directly through origin.

Then explain why it happened to me when I only buy Sims 3 expansions through Origin, and bought the base game/Late Night/High End Loft SP through origin because there was a sale on the starter bundle?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    Faerie197 wrote: »

Then explain why it happened to me when I only buy Sims 3 expansions through Origin, and bought the base game/Late Night/High End Loft SP through origin because there was a sale on the starter bundle?

Your the first person who has said you bought your pack from origin direct. Everyone else I spoke to has bought their codes elsewhere. Did you not also state that when you uninstalled and reinstalled origin your game was there? The people who can't recover their games seem to have bought their codes elsewhere.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    @5782341b77vl - Origin will continue to have updates regardless because it supports games and their feature sets far beyond Sims and likely needs to keep having adjustments done to maintain such support. If there were a way to get whatever parts of it are supposed to interact with TS3 working properly and then frozen, that's something most of us would be entirely in favor of.

@Faerie197 - I'm afraid that OnceRead is one of the few NRaas mods that I never use. I believe that the tablet portion conflicts with JunJayMdM's OnlineCenter mod. Even though JunJay, wearing his hat as an NRaas developer, was himself the last one to update it, he advises not to run both at the same time. Therefore, I would be unable to reproduce this issue very easily and I can't see where it's ever been reported. Are you certain you had the most recent version of the mod in play? Perhaps you could open up a trouble ticket thread at NRaas to describe what's happened there?
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/OnceRead+Issues
    (free registration and wiki membership required to post)

The mods I'm running are OnceRead, Overwatch, and one that we're not allowed to discuss here for some very valid reasons. I don't use OnlineCenter. So the issue can't b that conflict.
  • Options
    ive just had a response back from them saying. There is block on my account and that the terms of service team are dealing with it. Not really sure why this block was even put onto my account.

Try this this below on any codes you have from steam
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I had it, yeah, the items from steam purchases didn't show up in game. But there were still (checked) in the start program so I unchecked and checked them there and then they worked.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If they didn't mess up so much, they wouldn't have angry customers outside with pitchforks and torches... as well as The Knights Who Say ," N i ! " >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    I've got the exact same problem, I've been in contact with people on Answers EA and with someone on the EA Chat live. There seems to be a direct correlation between people that've bought codes (including myself) through eBay etc and they are now not appearing. :neutral:
  • Options
    If they didn't mess up so much, they wouldn't have angry customers outside with pitchforks and torches... as well as The Knights Who Say ," N i ! " >:)
    I've got the exact same problem, I've been in contact with people on Answers EA and with someone on the EA Chat live. There seems to be a direct correlation between people that've bought codes (including myself) through eBay etc and they are now not appearing. :neutral:

Where did you purchase your game codes from? Origin, Ebay. Amazon, steam? The biggest problem I have seen is people who have purchased codes form ebay

• Options
    @MeggyPlumbob I've only got 3 out 11 of my packs showing up in my game launcher and only one of them wasn't brought from eBay. Ea contacted me and said I have some sort of block on my account. Not sure why this is the case.