Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All EP/SP gone

Was playing last night, and all my EP and the High End Loft SP were installed and working properly. I go to sign in this morning, and I find this:

EP%20not%20installed_zpsvhcqexqp.jpg

I've already tried to Repair the game three times. And it wont let me reinstall the EP because Origin says they already are installed. Other then a complete uninstall/reinstall... is there anyway I can fix this?
Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I would contact EA directly. Maybe there is a glitch in your account

@igazor input thanks!
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I'll try that if the clean install doesn't help.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    The clean install seems to have worked, but I still have no idea what caused this. Sadly, still can't play yet. I'm still installing EP, and for my 3 saved games I'll need Supernatural. Which is the last one in the DL list.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Bit too late to be helpful here I guess, but many of us have seen Origin glitch up like that. Often a computer reboot puts it right again (am assuming not in this case). Sometimes that means Origin needs to be updated or the update went badly. Sometimes the player has to uninstall and reinstall the Origin client (only), usually the game and its EP/SPs can stay in place. A total reinstall of everything is kind of extreme, but if no other choice then of course...hope it works better when you're finished.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    I do get that from time to time. I just close the game launcher, reload the game launcher, and all my EP/SP reappears.
  • Options
    The problem got fixed by doing a clean install of the game, but that's not really a solution I like taking. @justbrice for me closing the launcher didn't work. Even shutting down and relaunching Origin or restarting the computer hadn't worked for me. Thus why I tried the clean install. @igazor if this happens again, I'll try reinstalling just Origin. But doesn't uninstalling Origin also uninstall any games installed via it?
  • Options
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    The problem got fixed by doing a clean install of the game, but that's not really a solution I like taking. @justbrice for me closing the launcher didn't work. Even shutting down and relaunching Origin or restarting the computer hadn't worked for me. Thus why I tried the clean install. @igazor if this happens again, I'll try reinstalling just Origin. But doesn't uninstalling Origin also uninstall any games installed via it?
    No, it just makes them temporarily unusable while still in place. When you reinstall Origin, it's supposed to pick up on the previously installed games that should still be there. Origin is really a client program, like a fancy DRM (Digital Rights Management) enabled browser. It's not supposed to take game program installs away with it if it's removed/replaced.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    This same thing has happened to me, except only University Life is not showing up for me. It started happening after I updated Origin last night. I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, and uninstalled and reinstalled University Life. No luck. Contacted EA and they have escalated my issue to a 'special team'. I considered uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but I really don't want to go through all of that because it practically takes a whole day to do. I'm impatient waiting for EA to fix this. I just want my game to go back to normal, I'm really frustrated. :(
  • Options
    lockerxelflockerxelf Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having this exact same issue. Most of my packs are still there, but of the two I'm missing, one is only showing up in Origin and another looks like I never even purchased it. Same thing with retrying the product code. I reinstalled, and I contacted Origin all to no avail. I got the same line about the special team, too. I'm hoping this is a bug with Origin that will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    Origin updates mess up allot. My only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall origin. Then reboot your computer and see if your problem is fixed . This usually works but If that does not fix the problem it may be on EA's end
  • Options
    MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    I have posted on another thread about this issue in Tech Help, however I'm getting that same issue. I have reinstalled, clean uninstalled both Sims 3 and Origin! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I have posted on another thread about this issue in Tech Help, however I'm getting that same issue. I have reinstalled, clean uninstalled both Sims 3 and Origin! :(

If the problem is on EA's end there is nothing we can do here to fix it. EA is more active in this forum linked below

This is for Origin Problems http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Support/ct-p/origin-support-en

Sims 3 http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
  • Options
    MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Thankyou for the link! I think it may well be EA's end as just at a quick glance at the Origin Support there's more people with the same issue.
  • Options
    @MeggyPlumbob

Your welcome. That's the best place to post . The more people complain the sooner it will probably get fixed. Especially if they are made aware allot of people are having same problem. This forum is more for players helping players and we who help in tech here can't fix EA problems
  • Options
    Christopher69BChristopher69B Posts: 159 Member
    Did anyone manage to fix this issue? cause im having the same problem even after reinstalling the entire game and also reinstalling origin. restarting my computer didn't help either.
  • Options
    Did anyone manage to fix this issue? cause im having the same problem even after reinstalling the entire game and also reinstalling origin. restarting my computer didn't help either.

The problem seems to be on EA's end. They have to fix it.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Christopher69B wrote: »
    >
    > Did anyone manage to fix this issue? cause im having the same problem even after reinstalling the entire game and also reinstalling origin. restarting my computer didn't help either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The problem seems to be on EA's end. They have to fix it.

hopefully its fixed soon. ive also had more expansion packs disappear. this happened after updating to the latest version of origin.
  • Options

Reinstalling the game fixed it for me. If that didn't help you, then I'm not sure what you can do on your end. Try contacting EA?
  • Options
    > @Faerie197 said:
    > Christopher69B wrote: »
    >
    > Did anyone manage to fix this issue? cause im having the same problem even after reinstalling the entire game and also reinstalling origin. restarting my computer didn't help either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Reinstalling the game fixed it for me. If that didn't help you, then I'm not sure what you can do on your end. Try contacting EA?

I've even downgraded to a older version of origin but it's still the same, and I've already contacted EA but they weren't much help. I could reinstall my game again but I honestly don't think it's going to work. I've already reinstalled all of my 11 expansion packs but it's not changed anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Advisors on the EA Answers HQ board are telling players facing this with any games, not just TS3, that they are getting false positive TOS violations and EA is automatically removing their purchased and registered games/packs from their accounts as a result. Seems to have been brought about by an Origin update of a few days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix that.

The recommendation here for those facing this with all legit game purchases that worked just fine before the recent Origin update from late last week/over the weekend has got to be to contact EA Customer Support. If you get an unhelpful support agent, ask to be escalated or walk away (figuratively) and try again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    lockerxelflockerxelf Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm going to wait a little while and see if EA replies to me or fixes this issue before I do a full reinstall. Origin is already acting like I never purchased half my packs and isn't letting me redeem the codes, so I don't want to risk it.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    Advisors on the EA Answers HQ board are telling players facing this with any games, not just TS3, that they are getting false positive TOS violations and EA is automatically removing their purchased and registered games/packs as a result. Seems to have been brought about by an Origin update of a few days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix that.

:s so glad I dont play with origin.
  • Options
    to > @igazor said:
    > Advisors on the EA Answers HQ board are telling players facing this with any games, not just TS3, that they are getting false positive TOS violations and EA is automatically removing their purchased and registered games/packs from their accounts as a result. Seems to have been brought about by an Origin update of a few days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix that.

> The recommendation here for those facing this with all legit game purchases that worked just fine before the recent Origin update from late last week/over the weekend has got to be to contact EA Customer Support. If you get an unhelpful support agent, ask to be escalated or walk away (figuratively) and try again.

Mine was also working fine before the recent origin update I've even downgraded to a lower version and it's still doing the same thing. I now have a total of 8 expansion packs that are missing from my launcher. I've already contact ea and they said they will escalate my issue for investigation, not sure how long it will take until I get an email back from them even tho on my cases it is marked as resolved. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't really make any difference apart from take more expansion packs away.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    to > @igazor said:
    > Advisors on the EA Answers HQ board are telling players facing this with any games, not just TS3, that they are getting false positive TOS violations and EA is automatically removing their purchased and registered games/packs from their accounts as a result. Seems to have been brought about by an Origin update of a few days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix that.

> The recommendation here for those facing this with all legit game purchases that worked just fine before the recent Origin update from late last week/over the weekend has got to be to contact EA Customer Support. If you get an unhelpful support agent, ask to be escalated or walk away (figuratively) and try again.

Mine was also working fine before the recent origin update I've even downgraded to a lower version and it's still doing the same thing. I now have a total of 8 expansion packs that are missing from my launcher. I've already contact ea and they said they will escalate my issue for investigation, not sure how long it will take until I get an email back from them even tho on my cases it is marked as resolved. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't really make any difference apart from take more expansion packs away.

Unfortunately @igazor and I don't work for EA so this problem is out of our hands. We volunteer our time to help in tech with game issues however we have no authority to get into anyone's account. Only EA has the authority to get in your account. You would need to keep contacting them until they resolve your issue.Posting your issue in this forum won't help
  • Options
    > Unfortunately @igazor and I don't work for EA so this problem is out of our hands. We volunteer our time to help in tech with game issues however we have no authority to get into anyone's account. Only EA has the authority to get in your account. You would need to keep contacting them until they resolve your issue.Posting your issue in this forum won't help

I've found there twitter and I've sent them a tweet about it, hopefully I can get a response from them on there about the issue.