Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Run Giveaways: The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Happy to giveaway what I truly think is going to be a great pack- here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917958/parenthood-giveaway-yes-another-chance#latest
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Happy to giveaway what I truly think is going to be a great pack- here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917958/parenthood-giveaway-yes-another-chance#latest

Wish I felt the same as you happy to give away. Just do not have it in me due to the fact that you have to jump through hoops to give away outside your country even if you pay the extra.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @jimmysnan Exactly my problem. I live outside the States and doing a give away/contest just in my region would not make sense on this forum. It's quite the bummer.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Wish I felt the same as you happy to give away. Just do not have it in me due to the fact that you have to jump through hoops to give away outside your country even if you pay the extra.
    @jimmysnan Exactly my problem. I live outside the States and doing a give away/contest just in my region would not make sense on this forum. It's quite the bummer.

Sorry to hear that you guys. In the end I'll use Amazon if need be and it's not really that much more difficult imo. Though, I do think, financially, it would make sense to Origin and by extension EA to allow the purchase and gifting of packs from any country to any country as long as the transaction was handled in U.S. dollars to ensure that the purchasing field remained level. Of course, I am certain, as is Origin/EA I'm sure, that they'd then be called out for forcing countries with weaker currencies to essentially pay more by using U.S. dollars just to be generous to another player. And wouldn't that be unfair? So, not a perfect solution. In the end it's not a perfect world either (shrug). I'm still happy to do it.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that you guys. In the end I'll use Amazon if need be and it's not really that much more difficult imo. Though, I do think, financially, it would make sense to Origin and by extension EA to allow the purchase and gifting of packs from any country to any country as long as the transaction was handled in U.S. dollars to ensure that the purchasing field remained level. Of course, I am certain, as is Origin/EA I'm sure, that they'd then be called out for forcing countries with weaker currencies to essentially pay more by using U.S. dollars just to be generous to another player. And wouldn't that be unfair? So, not a perfect solution. In the end it's not a perfect world either (shrug). I'm still happy to do it.

I loved doing it. The last giveaway i did the pack did not show up on Amazon for over a week. Then simmers were buying their own as they could not wait. I had to purchase gift certificates to honor the contest. It is a lot more fun for the winner to get the pack the same day not as much fun a week later. So that just left a bad taste in my mouth. No the world is not fair also you try to do something good and what do you get. I am glad you still want to do the goveaways. Others like you are a blessing for all. I just cant bring myself to support the company in this manner.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    That's right, I am also not confident about Amazon. I was checking Amazon US for the last game pack (Vampires) and it looked to me like you could not buy the code for that. And it was released this year. It is what it is. I was just disappointed. Hope they figure it out. I would not mind paying more if I was gifting to someone in another country. Or paying what it costs in my country even though it is cheaper in the US, for example.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options

I loved doing it. The last giveaway i did the pack did not show up on Amazon for over a week. Then simmers were buying their own as they could not wait. I had to purchase gift certificates to honor the contest. It is a lot more fun for the winner to get the pack the same day not as much fun a week later. So that just left a bad taste in my mouth. No the world is not fair also you try to do something good and what do you get. I am glad you still want to do the goveaways. Others like you are a blessing for all. I just cant bring myself to support the company in this manner.

This is a very good point. If for some reason EA kept Amazon or any major retailer from selling the pack immediately then mores the shame on them. Honestly, I won't be happy with that either any more than you were if it happens this time- more importantly if the winner was unable to purchase the pack and really relying on the contest to receive it then their disappointment would be a magnitude greater than my own and that's really what's too bad. You're right, waiting a week is not the same as getting it the day of and being able to participate in that initial excitement. I was serious about allowing gifting using a standard currency like the U.S. dollar- I just think EA would still take heat for that solution. As well, I have considered that I might have to simply send funds via PayPal or the like for a winner to buy it in that fashion- not ideal but so be it. It is what it proverbial is.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Looking forward to it here
  • Options

This is a very good point. If for some reason EA kept Amazon or any major retailer from selling the pack immediately then mores the shame on them. Honestly, I won't be happy with that either any more than you were if it happens this time- more importantly if the winner was unable to purchase the pack and really relying on the contest to receive it then their disappointment would be a magnitude greater than my own and that's really what's too bad. You're right, waiting a week is not the same as getting it the day of and being able to participate in that initial excitement. I was serious about allowing gifting using a standard currency like the U.S. dollar- I just think EA would still take heat for that solution. As well, I have considered that I might have to simply send funds via PayPal or the like for a winner to buy it in that fashion- not ideal but so be it. It is what it proverbial is.

Exactly that could be a good solution. Good luck with the contest. I hope all works out for you. I really do. Such fun
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    What a nice thing to do! Thanks SimGuruDrake. :)
  • Options
    snurfles wrote: »

This is not being done by SomGuruDrake. This is being given away by the goodness of a simmer @JasonAnthonySterling. You should be thanking him. EA does not sponsor thes give aways they are simmers like yourself who are paying it forward so others may enjoy what they have. I commend JasonAnthonySterling for this.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member

This is not being done by SomGuruDrake. This is being given away by the goodness of a simmer @JasonAnthonySterling. You should be thanking him. EA does not sponsor thes give aways they are simmers like yourself who are paying it forward so others may enjoy what they have. I commend JasonAnthonySterling for this.

I was thanking SimGuruDrake for making the post so prominent and making it easy for Simmers to see. It wasn't my intent to dis the Sims who do giveaways. Of course, it is wonderful of Simmers like JasonAnthonySterling to do this and I realize EA doesn't sponsor them. Please don't make assumptions about something I've said. In the future, you can always ask me to explain myself and I'll be happy to.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @jimmysnan and @snurfles thank-you both for your appreciation in your owns ways of the fun and excitement myself and others are trying to generate here on the forums. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that there are three other simmers doing giveaways for Parenthood on the GP sub-section of the packs section of the new forums layout :). Only one is listed here at the top of this section @Simfan923 -the other two are @SimTrippy and @simgirl1010! Anyone who's looking to enter should hit ALL FOUR of us! LOL! I think Simfan923 even has two to give away so there's several good chances. Check out the Sims Community site as as well- there are FIVE chances to win Parenthood on the site here courtesy of SC: http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/the-sims-4-parenthood-giveaway.4751/ AND for the fourth anniversary there's a huge giveaway of several different Sims 4 packs to mark the occasion here: https://simscommunity.info/2017/05/20/sims-communitys-4th-anniversary-giveaway/ - done with the generous donations of the folks at EA via their global communications team. ;) It's not all, always, bad.
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
  • Options

I was thanking SimGuruDrake for making the post so prominent and making it easy for Simmers to see. It wasn't my intent to dis the Sims who do giveaways. Of course, it is wonderful of Simmers like JasonAnthonySterling to do this and I realize EA doesn't sponsor them. Please don't make assumptions about something I've said. In the future, you can always ask me to explain myself and I'll be happy to.

What is there not to assume ? Reread your post you make no reference to anything else but the simguru. Maybe you should make posts you do not have to explain. Remember we cant see you or the inferences you make. We have to just take the words.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

I totally understood your intentions. :)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

I totally understood your intentions. :)

I second this.

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Not derailing this thread woth agreeing or disagreeing. Whoever is doing giveaways are doing something great and credit should always be given to them. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Forgive my ignorance, but how do these giveaways work?
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but how do these giveaways work?

@Celticgamer0 Check the individual requirements for each giveaway on the GamePack section but in my case you simple need to respond to the post- something along the lines of "I'd like to enter, thank-you" is fine but you can write anything essentially. Other simmers and other times with myself, we may want to introduce a little more fun to the matter by asking a question like "What's your favorite game pack and why?" Lastly, it's not uncommon to have a simmer ask that you like his/her's YT channel or Twitter acct. ect. So, check each post and see what's required.

Upon winning the player will be gifted the code necessary to download the pack from Origin either through Origin itself or via email from the giveaway host should the host purchase the code from a third party distributor.

Does that help? If you have any other questions please let me know and I'll be happy to try and answer them.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @SimGuruDrake are there anymore giveaway's happening? Because I entered two prior to the Parenthood pack's release and haven't won either. I can't buy them because I'm broke.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    @HillyBeth Check out Simscommunity.info they normally have giveaways at this time, try the simsvip but there website is troublesome to find stuff,
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake are there anymore giveaway's happening? Because I entered two prior to the Parenthood pack's release and haven't won either. I can't buy them because I'm broke.

https://simsvip.com/2017/05/25/giveaway-win-sims-4-parenthood-game-pack/
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

https://simsvip.com/2017/05/25/giveaway-win-sims-4-parenthood-game-pack/

Entered this one. OMG!!! I'm very excited! I can't wait to work on stuff with my sim-kids as the teens I started playing as yesterday became young adults and celebrated their birthday(s) by getting engaged.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    purpleviolet72purpleviolet72 Posts: 19 Member
    I would love to say that the Parenthood game pack is awesome. I've been trying to purchase it on Origin for the past 2 days. I don't get anything other than "Whoops we've encountered a problem processing your order." message. I have only clicked to purchase, I haven't even gotten to a screen to input my credit card. Is there a problem with the server? It's like EA doesn't want my money. I've submitted error reports and have a 'file' number but can't find anything on the forums or help section indicating that there is a problem.

I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know when Origin will actually accept purchases since that is the only way we can purchase these game packs now. I miss the days of just buying a CD or DVD to update the game.