Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• Options
    TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16059888"][quote="TayMeowCxx;c-16059879"]I don't really have a lag issue it's more of the time distortion than anything in my game... Started a new game and the bug hasn't seem to shown it's self yet. But I did experience Sims getting stuck and idling in that game. So on that note, I was wondering on cleaning the tray folder, is there anything I shouldn't delete? Thanks [/quote]

Hello @TayMeowCxx
    Your tray folder contains all the sims households and builds that are in your library, you have either saved to your library from your game or downloaded from the community section of the gallery. By removing files from the tray folder, you are removing items from your library.

Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim)
    A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).
    [/quote]

Right, thank you, I forgot it was were all that stuff went :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    I don't really have a lag issue it's more of the time distortion than anything in my game... Started a new game and the bug hasn't seem to shown it's self yet. But I did experience Sims getting stuck and idling in that game. So on that note, I was wondering on cleaning the tray folder, is there anything I shouldn't delete? Thanks

Hello @TayMeowCxx
    Your tray folder contains all the sims households and builds that are in your library, you have either saved to your library from your game or downloaded from the community section of the gallery. By removing files from the tray folder, you are removing items from your library.

Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim)
    A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).

Right, thank you, I forgot it was were all that stuff went :D

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Has the latest patch fixed anyone's gaming performance?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No....
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I expect a bump in reports about these issues after the expansion releases, tbh.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    xxjjzombiegirlxxxxjjzombiegirlxx Posts: 49 Member
    My game is entirely unplayable after the recent patch. Sims are just standing around, time speed settings have no effect, not recognizing what I tell my sim to do. I even downloaded the simulation lag mod to see if that would help. Nope. It's still completely unplayable. The game wouldn't even save and exit. This is so annoying...
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @xxjjzombiegirlxx that's painful! Have you tried deleting the main documents/electronic arts/ the sime 4 file to see if it solves your issue - just to give your game a fresh start. (FYI this will delete your save game and act like the game hss just been installed once you run it again)

I would predict the pets EP will likely 'worsen' the gaming performance for anyone who has the bug and continues to install it as city living lag wasn't solved especially for gaming users!

• Options
    My game is entirely unplayable after the recent patch. Sims are just standing around, time speed settings have no effect, not recognizing what I tell my sim to do. I even downloaded the simulation lag mod to see if that would help. Nope. It's still completely unplayable. The game wouldn't even save and exit. This is so annoying...

Hello @xxjjzombiegirlxx
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    I have posted some suggestions on your thread that you started about your issue. Try seeing if they may help you.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    No....

I take this back. The last time I played after the recent patch, I realized it was laggy as usual but after I've played for about an hour and saved the game, and continued playing, I realized the fps suddenly became smooth. It could just be a one time thing but I gotta say, that's the first time that has ever happened. I might try to test this out again maybe tomorrow and see if I can make it happen again.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    No....

I take this back. The last time I played after the recent patch, I realized it was laggy as usual but after I've played for about an hour and saved the game, and continued playing, I realized the fps suddenly became smooth. It could just be a one time thing but I gotta say, that's the first time that has ever happened. I might try to test this out again maybe tomorrow and see if I can make it happen again.

I hope that you will find that the patch update does help your game. I hope that your testing goes well :)
  • Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Hi,
    After a long time of not being able to play the Sims 4 because of the Lag both in lighting and the game also with games not loading properly and things fouling up I am pleased to say that even on my largest Lot Vanian Manor all these problems seem to have corrected themselves with the last few Updates and the latest NVidia drivers. I only have up to the Vampire pack installed so adding a new pack may cause problems. I have yet to try the the high rise city. Volkar Mansion is also playing well with a Vampire and his kid. If this continues I might start building again for the gallery but will now try all my saved games and see what the result is. I have got something of a Super Machine and have not tried things out on my old machine yet.
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    Hi,
    After a long time of not being able to play the Sims 4 because of the Lag both in lighting and the game also with games not loading properly and things fouling up I am pleased to say that even on my largest Lot Vanian Manor all these problems seem to have corrected themselves with the last few Updates and the latest NVidia drivers. I only have up to the Vampire pack installed so adding a new pack may cause problems. I have yet to try the the high rise city. Volkar Mansion is also playing well with a Vampire and his kid. If this continues I might start building again for the gallery but will now try all my saved games and see what the result is. I have got something of a Super Machine and have not tried things out on my old machine yet.
    Kind regards James.

Hello
    I am so pleased that your game is working better :) You were having many game issues, and I am glad that you can now enjoy simming again. I will look forward to seeing your builds if you start building again :)
  • Options
    Hi,
    If I get the Bowling Alley and Fitness Packs is there any problems I need to be aware off. Can you put these items in any Venue or Home? Having just got things working again I don't want to go back to the old bugs and lag problems. Thanks for your comments rosemow much appreciated.
    Thanks and kind regards James.
  • Options
    Hi,
    If I get the Bowling Alley and Fitness Packs is there any problems I need to be aware off. Can you put these items in any Venue or Home? Having just got things working again I don't want to go back to the old bugs and lag problems. Thanks for your comments rosemow much appreciated.
    Thanks and kind regards James.

Hello
    There aren’t many issues with these packs
    This a link to an issue with the Fitness pack that some simmers are experiencing
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Auto-multitasking-dance-and-power-sculpting-video-doesn-t/m-p/6175795#M41958

The items from the packs can be put in homes and any venues. The main venue lot types for the bowling alleys are bar, nightclub and lounge.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    So I just updated the game last night and started a fresh save with a brand new sim. Shes a YA so no word on the 8am bug. she's in the medical career (which, is that bugged too? Trying to transfer patient case isn't working, go figure, anyway.), and the pop up to go to work comes at exactly 7am, so no lag. Her first night she slept on a park bench overnight, I guess you can only nap for 2 hours at a time. There was no time distortion though, every 2 hours exactly shed wake up, no time jumping. I played Sunday-Thursday in game. The first night she slept on a bench, after that she got a cot. I can see already time distortion is coming. At first the ultra speed was fine, then gradually itd jump back 20 min, 30 min, now roughly an hour it'll jump back but her needs aren't going crazy, so i can deal with the ultra jumping back a little. With that, I also havent had to pause to allow the game to catch up, but there's definitely lag with smaller things like, ask a sim about their career, i get the pop up a few seconds before the ask animation happens. But i don't think pausing would help that.
    So im sure over time itll get worse and I'm sure it wasn't fixed.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    So I just updated the game last night and started a fresh save with a brand new sim. Shes a YA so no word on the 8am bug. she's in the medical career (which, is that bugged too? Trying to transfer patient case isn't working, go figure, anyway.), and the pop up to go to work comes at exactly 7am, so no lag. Her first night she slept on a park bench overnight, I guess you can only nap for 2 hours at a time. There was no time distortion though, every 2 hours exactly shed wake up, no time jumping. I played Sunday-Thursday in game. The first night she slept on a bench, after that she got a cot. I can see already time distortion is coming. At first the ultra speed was fine, then gradually itd jump back 20 min, 30 min, now roughly an hour it'll jump back but her needs aren't going crazy, so i can deal with the ultra jumping back a little. With that, I also havent had to pause to allow the game to catch up, but there's definitely lag with smaller things like, ask a sim about their career, i get the pop up a few seconds before the ask animation happens. But i don't think pausing would help that.

Hello
    There is an issue with transferring patient cases. This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Transfer-patient-case-does-nothing/m-p/6114557#M39632
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member

Hello
    There is an issue with transferring patient cases. This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Transfer-patient-case-does-nothing/m-p/6114557#M39632

Ohhhhhhhhkay!! Thank you, its been a long time since I've played the medical career so wasn't sure, thanks :)
  • Options

Hello

Ohhhhhhhhkay!! Thank you, its been a long time since I've played the medical career so wasn't sure, thanks :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    No....

I hope that you will find that the patch update does help your game. I hope that your testing goes well :)

Hi, everyone. Just popping in here again to update you about my game. I do think that the fps has improved. I wouldn't say that it has improved 100% but now, I'm getting 50-60fps more often than before. So that's good. I don't think anything triggers the smoother fps. I tried the 'save' method, but it didn't change the fps like it did before. But eventually, the game will just randomly have a smoother fps. Pretty weird, but I'm glad that San Myshuno has less stuttering now. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    No....

Hi, everyone. Just popping in here again to update you about my game. I do think that the fps has improved. I wouldn't say that it has improved 100% but now, I'm getting 50-60fps more often than before. So that's good. I don't think anything triggers the smoother fps. I tried the 'save' method, but it didn't change the fps like it did before. But eventually, the game will just randomly have a smoother fps. Pretty weird, but I'm glad that San Myshuno has less stuttering now. :D

It is great that you have found that the fps has improved :) It would help you as you play the game
  • Options
    xxjjzombiegirlxxxxjjzombiegirlxx Posts: 49 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @xxjjzombiegirlxx that's painful! Have you tried deleting the main documents/electronic arts/ the sime 4 file to see if it solves your issue - just to give your game a fresh start. (FYI this will delete your save game and act like the game hss just been installed once you run it again)

I would predict the pets EP will likely 'worsen' the gaming performance for anyone who has the bug and continues to install it as city living lag wasn't solved especially for gaming users!

Yep, I've tried everything that has been suggested to me!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @finbar
    I expect a bump in reports about these issues after the expansion releases, tbh.
    Finbar659 wrote: »

Expect it to get much worse. Especially for those who don't meet requirements to run the new ep. I believe in just a few days this forum will be in chaos. This is when @chesterbigbird and I are planning on taking a vacation from this forum :p
  • Options
    @DeservedCriticism I mentioned this to you in the packs section but I'll post this to you here. SimGuruNick is back. I would PM him with a link to your thread and tell him what is going on. He will asks you for your saves, computer specs etc.
  • Options
    Has the main game been updated ready for Pets ? As my game is now working well I am a little concerned about buying this latest Expansion Pack in case it causes problems.
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Has the main game been updated ready for Pets ? As my game is now working well I am a little concerned about buying this latest Expansion Pack in case it causes problems.
    Kind regards James.

there was a patch on Oct 17th. If you check announcements section in the forum it gives you all the patches. Not sure if we are getting another one when they issue C & D but @rosemow may know
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top