Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Dynasty -- Vlad's Grandchildren (Dec 11)

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2017
    Here is the next chapter: Chapter 13 -- Caught on Tape

9ea06e90-edc5-4b15-9b90-9f1839ef89e4_zpsz6jmlbpf.jpg
    Post edited by MVWdeZT on
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Uh oh, trouble in Vlad's future...? I'm glad that Nadia only laughs at the mean comments, though it's terrible that she has to deal with them at all! Her dad should pick a better match, and throw the old one to the dogs. >:)

I always like hearing more from Gretchen! I'm curious about her match.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Woopse! I almost missed this update! Good thing I double check!!
    Ahh! LOL at Malcolm Landgraab's face (and Nadia's); she's like "yes please!"
    I love hearing about their rich, blossoming social lives as they develop into people :D
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Vlad's back! Here is Chapter 14 -- Three-Quarters Done

afa251dd-2f32-459c-8ce1-e925554e95ce_zpsviofanua.jpg
  • Options
    Aww, and so Vlad's internet celebrity star has fallen... I love the shop, though! I need to play more with those. It took him a few tries to get his new disguise right, didn't it? LOL! I'm interested in seeing how he claws his way back to the top, or if he'll pass the baton to the young'uns soon. He's still so Vlad no matter what happens!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    I haven't commented while I was on vacation but I'm all caught up now.

Love the drama with Zoe and the purple lady!

Vlad looks amazing in his new threads! I enjoyed the shop and clever disguise for training his progeny.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    I'm a bit late to the party, but COMMENTS!

I love love love that store! It looks amazing! :)

Look at all of them being so accomplished! Do you try to get all the aspirations done with your kiddos? Or just a couple?
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the party, but COMMENTS!

I love love love that store! It looks amazing! :)

Look at all of them being so accomplished! Do you try to get all the aspirations done with your kiddos? Or just a couple?

The store comes from MaxisCreator_01 on the Gallery. I'm playing on long, so I try to get all the child aspirations done. Glad to have you back! Or at least, back on line.

• Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gretchen grew up to be pretty!! And Nadia...Nadia grew up!! I could hear the music the whole time, LOL.

Vlad is definitely a very protective dad. It's so cute. You can definitely see the family resemblance with one child more than others....
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Gretchen grew up to be pretty!! And Nadia...Nadia grew up!!

LOL, yes...that.

Malcolm Landgraab is a lucky, lucky man :D

I'm already chafing at the bit for the next gen of NOOBOOS!!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Gretchen grew up to be pretty!! And Nadia...Nadia grew up!!

LOL, yes...that.

Malcolm Landgraab is a lucky, lucky man :D

I'm already chafing at the bit for the next gen of NOOBOOS!!

I don't think I've ever played Malcolm for long -- this is probably the first time he'll get a wife and children, and he gets to be a vampire, too. And I have to admit, I can't wait to see what he and Nadia produce.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Ahhh! I love all the new "looks"

And wow, Balthazar turned out HAWT!! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, good thing Balthazar takes after his mother, LOL! I guess only poor Nadia takes after her father... Zoe's got some nice genes. At least Nadia and Malcolm are friends now!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster and @WagonFruit, thanks for the love, you two, but I'm crushed that you didn't notice my reference to a certain crustacean dish, lol!
  • Options
    Aaa, I knew I forgot to mention something. <3 I'm sorry that Nadia's face always distracts me...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I've been away for a few days for obvious reasons...

Catching up -
    Chapter 15 -- They Grow up so Fast

I think Gretchen aged up so beautifully. Love Nadia's look though - and yes, have to agree with Watcher that there is absolutely ZERO doubt who her father is. Hee hee.

Was that Zoe with that long skirt and hat combo? So pretty...I may have to put my ladies in hats more often. I forget how well they can accessorize an outfit.

Chapter 17 -- A sense of mystery. Wow!! Balthazar truly looks like a little male clone of his Mamma!! So Nadia is her Dad and Balthazar is his Mother. Gretchen is an appealing blend of both! :smile: I think I'm half in love with our little B.

All of the dark forms and critiques were really fun. I loved Sophia, so different from her human form! The Paulo pirate - mmmm yes. I'd take two of him. :wink: Also - I think you may have called Wolfgang Diego... Just a note.

Loved the final picture too with Nadia and Malcolm.
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    @cshaner, Yes, that's Zoe, and I'm always forgetting about hats, too.

A note about Gretchen -- she aged up with a very long upper lip and about a centimeter of chin, so I moved her mouth up. But Nadia I left just the way she was, unkind perhaps, but I really want to see how long the nose and chin will last.

Wolfgang and Diego look very much alike, so I went back to the chapter and checked -- it's the flower suit, so that's Diego.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Vlad scored all his points! Read about it in Chapter 17 -- Passing the Torch

af1d4965-d61d-4876-b935-b4abd0cd34b4_zpsrkqa6ijr.jpg[/URL]
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @LadyLobster and @WagonFruit, thanks for the love, you two, but I'm crushed that you didn't notice my reference to a certain crustacean dish, lol!

Hah, I *did* notice that reference, but since I am the Queen of Fruit Receptacles I didn't think it was aimed at me :D

Ahh! Those outfits! OMG, you must have so much fun getting them all dolled up...Morgan was especially terrifying.

I loved that letter Vlad sent to his offspring *sniff* it was kind of sweet!

Can't wait to see what this next generation of Strauds gets up to!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    It's so fun to me seeing the pre-mades as vampires now. Morgan, Nina, Wolfgang (Why oh why does have dreads??? Haha) Yes, Diego certainly looks a lot like Wolfgang. Especially from the back. I honestly didn't even know Diego was a San Myshuno pre-made until I looked him up. :smile:

I re-read Vlad's final message to his progeny through a few times and it makes a ton of sense. While I still maintain that some humans may enjoy the feeding process...to many it's just a physical drain and seems a very selfish act indeed. Very good advice about the plasma packs from our Patriarch. Well done Generation 1!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @WagonFruit, I'll have to see if I can work some kind of fruit receptacle (a basket?) into a chapter soon. Glad you liked Vlad's letter, and yes, I had a blast with the dark forms, and then again with Vlad's comments.

@cshaner, I read your new chapter after writing Vlad's letter, so didn't have any particular view of the vampire/human relationship in mind. I just wanted something different from the vampires other people had, and I knew I didn't want Vlad using Zoe for food when he'd tricked her into thinking he was a dream -- that just seemed like too much. The rest of his "code" evolved from that. I thought about putting in something about how plasma packs came from hospitals -- my husband went through plasmapharesis for an immune disorder 10 years ago, but decided that was too heavy. Anyway, in my head, that's where plasma packs come from -- the plasma removed from people who have that done.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT I fully support different ideas of our lore within our stories. I like the respect Vlad is demanding from his progeny through the use of the plasma packs and being respectful specifically of their family. I loved that letter and what a fitting tribute to end his future lineage to end the generation on.

I also really like the idea of plasma packs being from blood bank donors. I've already established the 'fishy' smell to them in my story though but I may consider that for a more realistic story if I create one in the future.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    LOL, I love all those outfits. It's so fun to see what you've done with the premades. And aww, what a sweet note from the Watcher. ;)

Farewell, Vlad! It's your progeny's time to shine! I'll miss him, but I can't wait to see where things go from here!
    uduVcAP.png