Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Say something that you LOVE about The Sims 4....

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The quality of my screenshots, they really look nice.
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I like how easy it is to edit families in sims 4. I have just added the mum to the Villareal family and a father to the munch family.
  • Options
    CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    I like a lot of things, but most of them have already been mentioned here. I enjoy the time speed. I can play on the slowest speed and really enjoy the story.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I love CAS, Gallery and Buy Mode. That's probably pretty much it. Live mode sucks!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    let's see toddlers which were done well, the fact that the game is playable without lagging, the community lots feel like there is a community there and it very realistic like if you go to the bar in the day there aren't that many sims but if you go at night it has alotta sims same with nightclub.
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    The gallery is an amazing idea and it filter out custom content sim so your sims wouldn't look wierd if you didn't have the cc cause that use to get me angry when it happen in the sims3
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I love CAS because it's perfect for model screenshots and I basically spend a lot of time in cas.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    Toddlers and Vampires - the best Sims version I've ever seen.

I didn't have much good to say about Sims 4 until this - so it made all the difference in the world to me and finally I can enjoy the game.

I have always thought the Gallery was a great idea; and the build mode (even though it is limited in what we can do with it without world editing among other great creative things) it is done well and building is really fast. I am just sad the Gallery did not allow us to link Sims we play with specific houses, and that build mode leaves us unable to do terrains, add lots, or do anything at all with the maps - like make our own.

But then they delivered toddler and then Vamps and knocked the ball right out of the ball field. Granted though it makes the rest of the Sims who I found boring already even more boring - lol. But it definitely makes me able to see what Sims 4 could be if only they had applied themselves earlier on in developing these Sims. I ache knowing how great they might have ALL been.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    I like a lot of things, toddlers, new recepies, doctor career is one of my fave!
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I love being able to copy rooms and by extension the auto-copy button we received back around CL that copies stairs, walls, rooms, roofs on demand.

I also love Forgotten Hollow.

I love the lighting and sunlight shadowing as well- actually, pretty much all of build mode I love.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Toddlers because they're the best in the series and I love how many features they have now. cas because it's so simple to create a sim with lots of personality (facial feature/looks wise, the traits are useless in terms of personality imo) . buy mode because it I love the furniture it has, think it looks so nice... wish there was more of it tho :neutral: . Build mode because it's wayyyy more simplistic then it was in previous games and I like the modern feel the game has.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    I love the CAS and the Build/Buy mode. The way everything is so easy to manipulate in both, when I go back and play Sims 3 for a while I miss some of those features, like moving the house/entire lot, the pushing and pulling and the copy tool.

I also really like the artstyle, some of the basegame textures I'm not such a fan of but newer content usually looks amazing!

I don't really play all that much so for the actual gameplay I don't really know.
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    The bills lololol.

Seriously though, I wish bills were more taxing in all the games. Bills are so low in 1-3 that they can't really hinder your income at all, 4's actually adapt to your lot, which means a mixologist could feasibly live in a mansion they cannot afford.

I'd like to see more caps and limitations on wealth in the future. Gets boring to always play super rich privileged sims who own mansions; it's be nice to have a family that lacks earning power so they can only afford a modest home.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    CAS is amazing. I love how you can move to a different town and not have to start all over again with family and friends. I love how its all linked together. I do wish there were more trait options and more emphasis on the trait system as well as the option to have more than 3. I also hope they bring more for teens and elders. But this is a post about what I like so I won't go on lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    No question -still toddlers and the Sims 4 Vampires - plus having the ability for the first time ever to have Vampire slayers. They need martial arts though so I hope that comes - preferably soon. I miss that from Sims 3 and that would be great for Vampire slayers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I really love the clothing in the sims 4. So many of of the tops and full outfits are bright and colorful , with unique designs. There are different styles, like Preppy, Bohemian, Goth , and so on. Kids clothes are super cute and look like outfits you would see at old navy or the gap, like i swear one of those girls dresses, my daughter has it. I enjoy the "Styled" outfits feature too and when I dont have the time to design their outfits i choose a cute one from the styled choices.

What do you love about Sims 4?

One thing I love above all other is the hidden challenges and what they add to my gameplay. Best is the Windenburg ghosts revival. What a secret. I am kind of disappointed that we didn't get such a challenge with City Life.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    CAS is amazing. I've never been good at creating sims in the older games, but now I can make whatever sim is in my head look exactly how I want them to in the game. Building, for me, is amazing. I totally understand the complaints from all the "real" builders out there, but building is so much simpler for me now. I can actually build pretty houses with ease. The gallery. The toddlers. The clothing. The art style. Best vampires in the series.

I'm going to get flack for this, but I love the worlds. The fully open worlds in TS3 were overwhelming for me and often lagged because I've never had the funds for a REALLY GOOD computer, but after TS3, the TS2 lots seemed restricting in comparison. TS4 is a nice marriage between the two for me. Not too closed while not being too open. The simplicity of moving between worlds and how they all feel connected. I read a lot of stuff about how it "doesn't make sense" because each world is so different in climate, but I play the sims as a parody of life and not as a realistic life simulator, so it works for my playstyle. I love how you can move to a different town and not have to start over with all of

Facial expressions. Multitasking. Routing. Emotions. It's SO easy to edit families. Just a few cheats and you're golden. I made Johnny Zest the son of Nancy Landgraab as well as created a father for Johnny. I even played a little storyline where Johnny was on the hunt to find his real dad after being kicked out of the Landgraab family (by Nancy).

I have a few gripes about it. We need larger lots for SURE. I'm hoping to get Seasons and things like celebrities, etc soon, but this has easily been my favorite sims game.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The bills lololol.

Seriously though, I wish bills were more taxing in all the games. Bills are so low in 1-3 that they can't really hinder your income at all, 4's actually adapt to your lot, which means a mixologist could feasibly live in a mansion they cannot afford.

I'd like to see more caps and limitations on wealth in the future. Gets boring to always play super rich privileged sims who own mansions; it's be nice to have a family that lacks earning power so they can only afford a modest home.

hahaha dude that was pathetic.
    Say something nice.... I know you've got it in you. :p
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    The bills lololol.

????

That was serious. Sims 4 raised the difficulty on earning power and promotions and I like that. My #1 critique of Sims 3 was how you could become President of the Universe just by going to work in a good mood and it was even a CHALLENGE to remain anything but stinking rich, so it's refreshing to see Sims 4 return to more difficulty.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The bills lololol.

????

That was serious. Sims 4 raised the difficulty on earning power and promotions and I like that. My #1 critique of Sims 3 was how you could become President of the Universe just by going to work in a good mood and it was even a CHALLENGE to remain anything but stinking rich, so it's refreshing to see Sims 4 return to more difficulty.

C+
    I give you a C+ B)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The bills lololol.

????

This was one of my big yays at launch. I started new Sims 3 saves so many times because by two or three generations non only were my Sims all living in the lap of luxury and top of their careers (I used to cheat to get rid of promotions they'd not earned as far as I was concerned) but the town was full of rich people too. I've been taking it for granted for a while now, I think! The reminder is good. I'd still like some kind of inheritance system but a limited one - maybe more special objects and some spare cash most of the time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I agree with all those who said toddlers. As Sims 4 is the first sims game I play, I didn't know them but now that they're here I don't know how my families could ever live without those cute little bundles of joy (and trouble).
    Also, the emotions make the sims come to life. And the gallery to add new interesting sims, buildings etc to the game which I could never come up with by my own...
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really love toddlers in TS4. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    The lighting on the toilets, I mean c'mmon look at that, and tell me it's not awesome:

gamA05K.png
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Outdoor lighting, and how natural light enters houses through the windows. I like the golden light and bluish shadows a lot, it's so close to lighting on a RL sunny Summer day.
    I like occults, their powers and how they can change their physical appearance.
    A bit controversial for this part, but I like emotions, or more exactly how they can influence autonomy of behaviors.
    And I like toddlers. Like everybody else (or almost) :)