Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Reads

IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
This is a reading circle for simmers whose stories include supernatural life states.

Q: Do you qualify?

A: If you have at least one alien, vampire or ghost in your story regularly (not just as some townie you've passed by) yes, you do!

You may, of course, still have regular sims in your story- one could even be the main character! As long as there is some focus on the supernaturals you may join in.

Q: How many spots are available?

A: There are six spots total although I may expand this later on if there is enough interest in the circle. This means that there are five spots open as of now.

Q: How do you join?

A: You may write a comment here or message me privately to join. Please include a link to your story so I can see that it meets the qualifications and add it to our reading list.

Stories

1. Where Light Doesn't Reach- By me, @IchigoUsagi (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911018/)
2. Fangs for the Memories- By @LadyLobster (forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910609/fangs-for-the-memories-a-vampiric-dramedy)
3. The Curse Legacy- by @Yushika (forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911017/the-curse-legacy-chapter-two-up-1-27-16-new)
4. Dusk and Dawn- by @DreamsInPixels (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/912495/)
5. Blood that Binds- by @cshaner (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897806/simfluence-blood-that-binds-updated-02-18-2017/p1)
6. Amazon Challenge: Line of the Last- by @WagonFruit (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911351/amazon-challenge-line-of-the-last/p1)
Post edited by IchigoUsagi on

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This sounds great! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I'd love to join, too! It would be my very first reading circle. Link here, though I think you might've stumbled upon it already. ;) Thanks to our local librarian @mastressalita for bringing my attention to this thread!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster I was hoping that you'd be interested in the circle! I'll get you added right away :smile:
  • Options
    NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    I would love to join! I love paranormal sim stories the most. I'm also writing my own legacy that current includes and begins with a vampire family, but will also add other races both in the sims game and also races I create myself!
    My story is here: The Curse Legacy!
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    @Yushika That sounds great! I'll be sure to read it once I get home from school today. :blush:
  • Options
    Welcome to the supernatural club, @Yushika! And thanks for making this reading circle, @IchigoUsagi! It was a great idea, and I'm really enjoying both of your stories so far.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Thank you, Lobster! (Or should I call you Lady?) Also, I'm slowly catching up on what people have written so far!

@IchigoUsagi I read your story so far and love it! I'm excited to see more!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    Yushika wrote: »
    Thank you, Lobster! (Or should I call you Lady?)

I'll answer to either. ;) Take your time! Luckily, I think we all started our stories pretty recently, so we don't have dozens of chapters to catch up on. I think I'm going to spread my updates further apart--I've been doing daily ones, but that's mostly because I felt a burning need to get all the principal characters introduced. Mission accomplished!

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @IchigoUsagi I read your story so far and love it! I'm excited to see more!

Thank you!

Like @LadyLobster I'll also be spacing my updates out a bit more- although I might dump three chapters on you two every weekend because I have no social life :p
  • Options
    I'll look forward to the weekends, then! ;) I'd like to take some time to actually play around with the vampire pack. Since I got it, I've spent almost all my time in-game taking pictures of my vampires without actually playing them much. It's fun to think of what powers and weaknesses each one of my vampires would actually have based on their personalities.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    I probably will do two updates a week at least, and most likely do more then that. I've been itching to write for so long, and this family really does inspire me! ; u ;

I think I want to try a 100 baby challenge after my legacy with an alien. Just, the idea of 100 kids is so daunting at the same time.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    I probably will do two updates a week at least, and most likely do more then that. I've been itching to write for so long, and this family really does inspire me! ; u ;

I think I want to try a 100 baby challenge after my legacy with an alien. Just, the idea of 100 kids is so daunting at the same time.

I've done a 100 baby challenge before/ am still doing one. I just came up with a system of my kids and teens constantly skilling up on the arcade machines, eating, and doing homework. It got to the point where I have nothing for my matriarch to do, so she took up karaoke :D So trust me, it isn't as terribly difficult as it sounds, you just have to get into a routine.
  • Options
    100 toddlers...I've dealt with one toddler so far, and that was almost too much for me! I know they're not all at the same time, but still...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Oh good! That settles some nerves!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Subbed. I like off-beat and paranormal stuff. :)
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Whoop did an update on my story!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I've been lurking since the circle started and now that I have a story, I would love to join! I just published the first 2 chapters today. To begin with, I'll probably update once a week so I don't stress myself out.

Here's the story: Dusk and Dawn
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    Welcome to the paranormal club, @DreamsInPixels! I saw the link to your story in the Writer's Lounge thread and already devoured what you have so far. Fantastic start, and I love the cc you use! Hopefully @IchigoUsagi is lurking around somewhere and can officially add you to the list.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster I saw you like my chapters. At first I couldn't place the name then I remembered seeing you from this tread. I'm a total cc junkie...I could do a wcif if anyone is interested. Guinevere's hair isn't uploaded though...I recolored it myself just for her.

I knew I wanted to join this circle the moment it was posted about, because my story had been in the works since before Vampires launched lol. I just now got around to publishing it.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry about how long I've been gone! I'll add you right away, @DreamsInPixels ! Welcome to the circle! I've been having a bit of writer's block lately :'( but my next chapter should be up today or tomorrow!
  • Options
    Yay! Thank you @IchigoUsagi - I'll go post in the circle index thread to let Cathy know I joined.

I know aaaaaall about writer's block. I'm always complaining about it on twitter lol. I just finished your story, now I'm onto the other 2 stories :D
  • Options
    Yay, I'm glad you're back, IchigoUsagi! So glad it's only writer's block and nothing more serious. Okay, writer's block is pretty awful, but nothing a little time and inspiration won't take care of...! I'm really looking forward to your next update--but there's no pressure at all. I know my posts turn out a lot better when I give things some time to simmer in my skull for a while instead of trying to force things. SimLit (and writing in general) should feel like fun, not an obligation!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Tbh I've read everything posted here and man, do I love it. ; u ; You all are fantastic!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    The love is mutual! <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    I also have a lot of love for the stories here! You're all so talented! :blush: