Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Reads

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @LadyLobster
    I'd be terrified of what you might do if I said 'no' :flushed:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited February 2017
    Is the one Graham? Or the statues that Lysander had to choose between?

Edit sorry can clearly see Graham now! Was tough on my phone.

Edit 2 mmmm put Lysander in there too and I may never leave the house again. :wink:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Sweet. Thank you @LadyLobster I couldn't get in game to check for myself.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @cshaner I better be careful if I want you to ever get some fresh air! o:)

And no problem, @DreamsInPixels! Glad I could be of service.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster have I told you lately that I adore you? :heart:
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    Morning all! Elizabeth is continuing to plan to get the rest of her Coven to Forgotten Hollow. She also has a conversation with Caleb and a tasty late night snack!

Blood that Binds: Chapter 4 - Within the Rules is now posted.
    btb04.jpg
  • Options
    Yay @cshaner <3 I love the banner thing lol.

I really should start advertising here when I update since I give up on wp reader. (I posted 2 chapters this morning...)
  • Options
    @DreamsInPixels I'll be reading your story today! I have class this morning and have to jet out. But I cannot wait to read them!! I know you mentioned Vampire Lore for your world. *giddy*
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I was doing some light stalking on the older pages of this thread, and I came across outlining questions posed by @cshaner that I've seen other people answering (lol @IchigoUsagi "arranged marriages and lots of gay").
    By golly, I don't want to be left out of a survey even if I am super late to the survey party! I mean, this is my one chance to make sure people know how I feel about outlining!! :o

- Do you outline? Does daydreaming about who I can pair up to make nooboos count as outlining? Okay, maybe a little outlining then...also, sometimes I have a vague concept of a character arc.

- How detailed are your outlines? Usually R rated levels of detail, or super vague.

- How far ahead do you plan for a long story like a legacy? Can you (without spoilers) provide an example of how far out your outline currently is? I prefer to be surprised and inspired from what's happening organically in the game; if I do write down a concept, it's always very flexible...Amazons is in the exposition stage where I'm laying groundwork for the canon, beyond that it's just going to be droves of man candy, woohoo, sacrifices, vampires, and building huts; I'm not even sure how long it's going to be yet.

- Do you know how your story will end? That's a hard no.

- Anything else you think we may find interesting about your outlining process? I like to write dialogue/narration for things I want to incorporate into the story, and then hope I can fit it in somewhere without it being too awkward.

I bet that was super useful! :#
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    droves of man candy, woohoo, sacrifices, vampires, and building huts

Perfect outline right there. <3

WagonFruit wrote: »
    I like to write dialogue/narration for things I want to incorporate into the story, and then hope I can fit it in somewhere without it being too awkward.

This is me, too! I have stuff for future future chapters that I don't know will even make it in. I've already had to delete entire convos between Byron and Bianca, Lysander and Penny, Byron and Penny, etc. etc. because they never will make it in now. But I guess it's different since yours is far more game-driven than mine. I don't know what mine is driven by. Madness?
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    I wish I could incorporate unicorns and mermaids too :(
    This is me, too!
    Well yeah, of course! You are my brain-twin after all! >:)
    I don't know what mine is driven by. Madness?
    Sense and sensibility! :D Oh no, wait, that's Bianca...

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit ooohni love your outline for man candy and woohoo and planning future Nooboos!!

That all makes me so happy.
  • Options
    Surprise!!
    @WagonFruit and @LadyLobster 's agreement to each post a new chapter today made me feel as if I may want to post one too.

This was my last of my scheduled chapters - but I think it really opens the door to get this party started! :sunglasses:

Elizabeth has her way ... well not in the way you think. And it's with Vlad...so mind out of the gutter! (Coffin?) :naughty:

Blood that Binds: Chapter 6 - Agreements is now posted.
    btb05.jpg
  • Options
    Don't let her fool you with that mind out of the gutter business; there was grappling involved. B)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I know @WagonFruit has a secret thing for Vlad (I seem to recall her shipping him with my Darius for a while, unless that was another person whose name begins with W), so maybe we should start shipping him with Liz. I mean, they're not related by blood, right? Except for vampire blood-ish.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster
    I'll let you in on a little secret; when vampires came out, the first thing I did was hook Vlad up with 3 different women and had like 6 nooboos...2 of the women fell in love and ran away together, but he got to keep the 3rd one...and all the nooboos :D
    Ahem. It was just for play testing the new mechanics of course.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    This secret does not surprise me in the least. <3 I see someone else isn't averse to distinguished older gentlemen...for playtesting purposes.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    OMG...there's a new chapter of (Para)Normal Neighbourhood Squeee!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I actually love Vlad. And no they are not related through genetics. Vlad turned Elizabeth's father. She was born a vampire.

I will neither confirm nor deny if I ship the ElizaSlaus. :naughty:
  • Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. I've been having a serious case of depression and didn't feel like interacting with anyone. But I'm back, and when I wake up I'm gonna be catching up on everything.

I managed to redo chapter fifteen after I lost most of it. Chapter Fifteen: Embrace -- definitely not as good as it would have been.
  • Options
    I hope you feel better, @DreamsInPixels! I know you have a LOT on your plate, but we'll all be waiting anytime you feel like you need to take a step back. <3 That goes for everyone else who needs to take some time to themselves for whatever reason--no judgment, just a warm welcome back!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Oh noes @DreamsInPixels ! That's terrible about your game progress :(

**hugs**

I'm sending cheerful thoughts your way :smiley:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Okay! I originally jotted all this down to break the ice/get to know some people from another circle where I really don't know anyone at all...I seem to enjoy drawing attention to myself...but I thought it would be so much fun posted here too! And I'd love it if @Haids5987 decided to participate as well >:)

To combine both my love of non-boring surveys, and my desire to know more about my new reading/writing circle mates, I've devised a short Questionnaire of Things.
    I am a very curious person with a somewhat 'quirky' disposition (to put it delicately), and I will not in any way, shape, or form, be butt-hurt if you choose not to participate in my nosyness. :smiley:
    I also enjoy engaging in recreational group spam, and tend to encourage said spam wherever I go...though hopefully not to the point of driving anyone to homicide. >:)
    For your consideration, I submit the following 11 queries; feel free to answer all 11, or none, or only those you're comfortable answering...be as thorough as you wish, or quick and breezy.

I thought spoiler tags around the answers would be fun so that you can give your answers first before revealing what other's had to say. ;)

1. When is your birthday? (Feel free to give your birth decade in lieu of the year to add some mystique...that's so what I'm doing.)

2. How do you feel about pugs?

3. What is your favourite colour(s)? (Black and white are both lovingly considered contenders here.)

4. Time to channel your inner hipster! What is your favourite obscure novel that we've, like, probably never heard of?

5. What is your first name, and do you mind if people on the forums use it?

6. Name something about yourself that's controversial and/or unusual.

7. What do you do for a living?

8. How many cats own you?

9. What timezone do you call home?

10. How do you feel about the combination of mint and chocolate?

11. What Hogwarts House would you be sorted into?

Lasty; please take this quiz and share your results!
    1. When is your birthday? (Feel free to give your birth decade in lieu of the year to add some mystique...that's so what I'm doing.)
    September 30th, in the 80's :D

:love: Nothing but <3 DUH :love:

3. What is your favourite colour(s)? (Black and white are both lovingly considered contenders here.)
    Cobalt blue, Indigo, and Black!

4. Time to channeld you inner hipster! What is your favourite obscure novel that we've, like, probably never heard of?
    "Mermaid's Song" by Alida van Gores

Lisa, and no, I don't generally mind, so long as we've at least said hello, even better if we've conversed a bit :smiley:

I'm a vegan (naturally I'd pick that, duh, vegan's LOVE to tell you they're vegan)

Project Manager for a data processing firm...more fun than it sounds.

Just 1 currently!

Pacific Standard Time

Nothing but love, but not as good as caramel flavoured things :wink:

Slytherin apparently :o where did my parents go wrong?!

Quiz Results: UNICORN :love:
    Happy Simming & Thank You prematurely for indulging me!
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thank you, O Lovely Wagon of Spam!

The 80s! Though I guess I consider myself more a child of the 90s. The 90s were my jam.

I love dogs. All the dogs. All of themmmmm. If Byron hasn't given it away, I am very much a Dog Person--and apparently, a weird, goofy yet somehow still endearing person, which describes both Byron and pugs. And possibly myself?

Purple! Usually really dark purple, like royal purple. I like dark, bright colors in general.

4. Time to channeld you inner hipster! What is your favourite obscure novel that we've, like, probably never heard of?
    The Ruins of Ambrai, by Melanie Rawn. I don't know if it's obscure, but I love it and it's definitely not famous.

I have a very born-in-the 80s name: Kelly.

I used to live in a house with way more dogs than people.

I work (I use this term very loosely) for a tiny indie game company.

Not a one! Though in the past I've owned cats of varying degrees of evil.

EST.

One of my favorites. Anything with chocolate is good to me, unless it's mixed with coffee. No matter how much I try, I can't learn to like coffee. :'(

Slytherin, definitely. My best friend says I am "steeped in evil," so I guess that makes sense.

Elf. Elf?! Elf.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Oooh I love getting to know you surveys!!

June 5, 1973. I'm a Gemini and enjoy long walks on the beach in the moonlight (holding Lysander's hand?)

I totally read this at first as "Pick up group" and vomited in my mouth a bit, but then I realized you more likely meant the little fawn colored smashed face dogs and *squeed*. I would totally have a pug!

Orange. Which along with silver and purple has no rhyme in the English language. (Also cool colors!)

Not hip because it's romance genre but I love Remembrance by Jude Deveraux and no one I've ever known has heard of the book.

Cat and I don't mind at all, though I'd still appreciate @ tags to call my attention through notifications!

I'm super boring. I don't think there is anything controversial about me. Unusual though may be that if I've heard your name, spouse, kids, pets names I'm likely to remember. I have a super power of name remembrance.

Ugh not answering. I dislike my job!!

two cats, one dog. The dog is my four legged son. The cats allow me and my husband and our canine son to live with them. We even get to feed them regularly and scoop their litter. We are #blessed

Eastern US.

Its fine. I prefer the combination of chocolate and peanut butter

What? There is more than one? I thought Salazar Slytherin was the star of the series?

oops I didn't do this. I'll come back and edit!!