Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game keeps crashing!!!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    i see so my desk top is too old then with it been about 4 years old so have to be a more this years types pcs right. wait it a bit older than that i bought it before i moved that was 2013 so i bought it before then about about 2012 when i bought it so almost 5 years ago. So need the latest model

Unfortunately, pretty much. When you do buy, we generally recommend here that you get a full-size, new-model case so that you have the longest-term upgradability. I find I can generally keep a case going about 5-6 years and still fit everything new in it as I upgrade. (I haven't replaced my own PC wholesale in years, but I upgrade at least one part most years, and if you buy well now, you can set yourself up to only have to upgrade piecemeal after that and not have to do a huge outlay all at once again. Some years I'll spend as little as $100-$150 on upgrades, other years more, but that's all after getting a really good start.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    @athewhofan2 : IMO, you don't need a new computer. If it's not too intimidating a process for you, you can purchase and install a dedicated graphics card and upgrade your RAM.

The reasons why I'm recommending you upgrade:

1.If I got your specs correctly, then your CPU meets the requirements for this game (Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz). The game requires a 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent with a dedicated graphics card and a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo without. There is absolutely no reason to go out and get a triple, quad, or higher core machine machine if all you plan to do is to play TS4.
    2. Based on my personal experience, more than anything it's usually the lack of a dedicated graphics card that causes major gaming issues. You don't have to get anything super duper. Even a budget card will do, but that's--like I said--only if you plan to play TS4 and aren't looking into the high end stuff.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited February 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    @athewhofan2 : IMO, you don't need a new computer. If it's not too intimidating a process for you, you can purchase and install a dedicated graphics card and upgrade your RAM.

The reasons why I'm recommending you upgrade:

1.If I got your specs correctly, then your CPU meets the requirements for this game (Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz). The game requires a 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent with a dedicated graphics card and a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo without. There is absolutely no reason to go out and get a triple, quad, or higher core machine machine if all you plan to do is to play TS4.
    2. Based on my personal experience, more than anything it's usually the lack of a dedicated graphics card that causes major gaming issues. You don't have to get anything super duper. Even a budget card will do, but that's--like I said--only if you plan to play TS4 and aren't looking into the high end stuff.

Actually here is where you are wrong.
    their motherboard only supports up to 4GB of ram (you really should have above 6GB.)
    they cannot simply just throw a graphics card in there, you will also need to replace the power supply.
    Adding a dedicated card in that pc is likely to cause all sorts of heating issues.
    Their cpu meets the MINIMUM requirements for the "base game" Not the recommended and not for additional content and expansions. This game is very taxing on the cpu and really does need a quad core intel i5 or AMD fx cpu.
    I have spent years helping people on this forum so myself and others know exactly what it takes to run this game properly.
    Also add quad core cpu's are the standard these days.
    EA's recommended specs :
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or faster or AMD Athlon X4
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017

I am not wrong. You disagree with me.
    their motherboard only supports up to 4GB of ram (you really should have above 6GB.)

No one needs to have above 6GB for TS4. I play this and other games with 3.25GB and have for a very long time. If the OP plans to start playing games like Overwatch, Assassin's Creed, etc. then yes, he should get a new machine. But if all he plays is TS4, he can play with 4GB or even 3.25GB like I am.
    they cannot simply just throw a graphics card in there, you will also need to replace the power supply. Adding a dedicated card in that pc is likely to cause all sorts of heating issues.

No one needs to replace the power supply for most computers unless they're upgrading to an extremely high powered card, which is why I recommended a budget card. I have upgraded my machine twice and never had a problem with my PSU blowing out or heating issues. But like I said, I have always upgraded with budget cards.

And in any case, since what you mention could potentially happen, why not just recommend the OP have his computer serviced when upgrading?
    Their cpu meets the MINIMUM requirements for the "base game" Not the recommended and not for additional content and expansions.

What you say about the CPU requirements being only for the base game is not how minimum specs work. When devs recommend minimum specs, they're not recommending them for the base game without EPs and additional content. What they're recommending is the lowest power CPU you can play the game with.

It's not at all what you're suggesting, that they're saying, "If we recommend a 1.8GHz minimum CPU, that means it will only be usable as long as you stick with the base game, and it that will crash and be unplayable as soon as you start adding more content."
    This game is very taxing on the cpu and really does need a quad core intel i5 or AMD fx cpu.

It does not need a "quad core." I play this and other games with a 3.0GHz dual-core AMD Athlon II CPU. It seems as if because you have a high powered machine, you are just assuming that anyone who has lesser specs than yours is only able to run Bejeweled and Solitaire, and it's just not true.

But this is neither here nor there. The point is that the OP wants to play TS4 on a machine that is low on RAM and has no dedicated card, yet which has a CPU that actually meets the minimum specs. AFAIK, he doesn't seem to be a hardcore gamer and only plays TS4. It does not make sense to encourage him to spend $400-$600 on a new machine when he could just upgrade his current system with another GB of RAM and a budget card.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited February 2017

No one needs to have above 6GB for TS4. I play this and other games with 3.25GB and have for a very long time. If the OP plans to start playing games like Overwatch, Assassin's Creed, etc. then yes, he should get a new machine. But if all he plays is TS4, he can play with 4GB or even 3.25GB like I am.
    they cannot simply just throw a graphics card in there, you will also need to replace the power supply. Adding a dedicated card in that pc is likely to cause all sorts of heating issues.

No one needs to replace the power supply for most computers unless they're upgrading to an extremely high powered card, which is why I recommended a budget card. I have upgraded my machine twice and never had a problem with my PSU blowing out or heating issues. But like I said, I have always upgraded with budget cards.

And in any case, since what you mention could potentially happen, why not just recommend the OP have his computer serviced when upgrading?
    Their cpu meets the MINIMUM requirements for the "base game" Not the recommended and not for additional content and expansions.

What you say about the CPU requirements being only for the base game is not how minimum specs work. When devs recommend minimum specs, they're not recommending them for the base game without EPs and additional content. What they're recommending is the lowest power CPU you can play the game with.

It's not at all what you're suggesting, that they're saying, "If we recommend a 1.8GHz minimum CPU, that means it will only be usable as long as you stick with the base game, and it that will crash and be unplayable as soon as you start adding more content."
    This game is very taxing on the cpu and really does need a quad core intel i5 or AMD fx cpu.

It does not need a "quad core." I play this and other games with a 3.0GHz dual-core AMD Athlon II CPU. It seems as if because you have a high powered machine, you are just assuming that anyone who has lesser specs than yours is only able to run Bejeweled and Solitaire, and it's just not true.

But this is neither here nor there. The point is that the OP wants to play TS4 on a machine that is low on RAM and has no dedicated card, yet which has a CPU that actually meets the minimum specs. AFAIK, he doesn't seem to be a hardcore gamer and only plays TS4. It does not make sense to encourage him to spend $400-$600 on a new machine when he could just upgrade his current system with another GB of RAM and a budget card.
    LMAO
    Ok well what works for you may not work others.
    Ok i have just been helping in tech for over 5 years and helping people play this game and ts3... i KNOW what i am talking about.
    My specs have nothing to do with it (i play all the current demanding games.)
    We have had allot of people with issues with heating and cpu overheating and these mostly have been the "off the shelf" desktops that have been upgraded.. because they have basically no cooling.
    And telling someone to add a dedicated card without getting a better power supply is just irresponsible.
    The cpu DOES get used allot in this game and it DOES throttle the lower end cpu. (We are constantly testing that and monitoring usage.)
    Even on a intel i7 the game will use over 80% cpu.. the AMD 8 core gets maxed out... and heats up above its safe temps.
    And adding expansions and content.. even patches DOES make the game more demanding.
    All you have to do is ask anyone else that helps in the tech forum and they will agree with everything i have just said.
    Unless you are here helping and replying to threads and PMs and testing the game on different hardware then you cannot tell me i am wrong. Your experience playing the game is just you're experience... not going to be the same for everyone.
    @phoebebebe13
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2017

LMAO
    Ok well what works for you may not work others.
    Ok i have just been helping in tech for over 5 years and helping people play this game and ts3... i KNOW what i am talking about.
    My specs have nothing to do with it (i play all the current demanding games.)
    We have had allot of people with issues with heating and cpu overheating and these mostly have been the "off the shelf" desktops that have been upgraded.. because they have basically no cooling.
    And telling someone to add a dedicated card without getting a better power supply is just irresponsible.
    The cpu DOES get used allot in this game and it DOES throttle the lower end cpu. (We are constantly testing that and monitoring usage.)
    Even on a intel i7 the game will use over 80% cpu.. the AMD 8 core gets maxed out... and heats up above its safe temps.
    And adding expansions and content.. even patches DOES make the game more demanding.
    All you have to do is ask anyone else that helps in the tech forum and they will agree with everything i have just said.
    Unless you are here helping and replying to threads and PMs and testing the game on different hardware then you cannot tell me i am wrong. Your experience playing the game is just you're experience... not going to be the same for everyone.
    @phoebebebe13

You know I agree with you. Testing the CPU usage. This game is very CPU heavy and cooling has also been an issue for many players. Having a case with no cooling is a bad idea. Having a CPU without proper cooling is also a problem . The case and cooling is just as important as the hardware inside the computer.

@ts1depot The minimum specs for this game are base game only no packs, patches or eps added. As the game adds more and more this game becomes more demanding. I can assure you the minimum specs will not run the game now with all the add ons. We are in tech every day seeing how many people can no longer run the game with lower end computers. The game is not complete. It is always advised your computer meets recommended requirements to survive the game as it adds more and more. The same thing happened with the sims 3.

desktop requirements to survive this game as it adds more and more

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @athewhofan2 I agree with @chesterbigbird your going to need a new computer to survive this game as it adds more and more. Chester is a computer build expert and would know if your computer can not be upgraded. She already stated it can not be upgraded.

In the mean time you can try updating your video drivers and lowering your resolution. Your resolution is 1080p and your computer can't handle gaming at those higher resolutions. You can change the resolution in game options, try lowering your game settings. You can also try laptop mode in launcher options.
  • Options
    athewhofan2athewhofan2 Posts: 79 New Member
    I have a new computer and it's great, what I want to know I saved a folder called 'Tray' on my other pc from sim 4 folder. I assumed that is where the saved games are and I put it on my memory stick as on my other computer the cd drive does not work. Could I paste this on the tray on my new pc in the folder and I got all the other games back?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Your saved games aren't in the tray folder. They are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves.
    Tray –> The households/houses/rooms in your library
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I have a new computer and it's great, what I want to know I saved a folder called 'Tray' on my other pc from sim 4 folder. I assumed that is where the saved games are and I put it on my memory stick as on my other computer the cd drive does not work. Could I paste this on the tray on my new pc in the folder and I got all the other games back?

Hello @athewhofan2
    Your save games are located in the saves folder and your tray folder contains the files of the creations that you have saved to your library. Go to your old computer, and make a copy of your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder and place it on your memory stick. Then replace the saves folder that is in the Sims 4 folder on your new computer, with the copy of your saves folder from the memory stick. You can also do the same thing with the tray folder, replacing the new tray folder with the old tray folder from your old computer.
  • Options
    athewhofan2athewhofan2 Posts: 79 New Member
    Thanks that all I needed to know
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    After 1 month of Not being able to play my Sims games I did a repair on the game itself, did a malware scan and uninstall/install just now and as of right now my Game is working with No crashing and NO blue screen of death which is a blessing but I'm still going to take it to my computer shop to get it looked at/a check up to make sure everything works 100% fine. I was just in game and I had no problems with it right now. I just wanted to let everyone know this small update to what I did to get my game working right now.
  • Options
    After 1 month of Not being able to play my Sims games I did a repair on the game itself, did a malware scan and uninstall/install just now and as of right now my Game is working with No crashing and NO blue screen of death which is a blessing but I'm still going to take it to my computer shop to get it looked at/a check up to make sure everything works 100% fine. I was just in game and I had no problems with it right now. I just wanted to let everyone know this small update to what I did to get my game working right now.

Hello
    I am glad that your game is now working without crashing or blue screens. That is great! :) It was good reading your update to your issue and what you did to help your issue.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2017
    I am sorry but intel duo core 2.60ghz is fast enough to play both the Sims 3 and 4, it might be on the low end, but they can my Toshiba Laptop also could play both TS4 and TS3 Toshiba Satellite. Anyways, the processor is good on both machines. The game crashes a little bit because of OS killing process when it goes over 3/4 of the memory. In Windows no process is allowed to use 3/4 of the processor or computer memory and computer will force shut it down in the event the game uses more memory than allotted, this is to protect the operating system to keep it stable. Also games will sometime crash with integrated graphics cards, because the graphic card may be so bogged down with processing graphics, the operating system will ask the question are you there? and if no answer will display OS halted graphics driver, restarted graphic driver because driver didn't respond to inquiry so assumed stalled. This will crash anything that is being run with the graphics card and is needed to keep computer stable.

Also for the Compaq Persario Desktop if its a tower and yes it may have a dedicated graphics card spot, but it may be an earlier one like AGP, which is not compatible with the current graphics cards which is Express 10, you can tell by counting the pins.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options

Glad you got it working again :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    ChesterBigbird is right - those saying otherwise are wrong! No question about it. Sims 4 done proper at 64 bit can not possibly work properly on less than 4 cores - I run 8 and on less than 6 gigs of good ram - I run 16 gigs of high speed gaming ram. It is crazy to deal with this game on less unless you have no other choice.

Because some people can be happy with less than meeting what the game really needs if you have all the content to date - that is their prerogative but it does not make it right or allow the game to run as it should. Listen to ChesterBigbird - she KNOWS what she is talking about.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    Update really fast... I took my computer to the shop yesterday morning, and they found 52 unwanted bugs updated my driver for my video card and my computer works like it is brand new plus they told me what I did to get my game back to working did work but I got yelled at for trying the free Sims online game I know better now but my game runs as if it was brand new the graphics on it wow just wow.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Update really fast... I took my computer to the shop yesterday morning, and they found 52 unwanted bugs updated my driver for my video card and my computer works like it is brand new plus they told me what I did to get my game back to working did work but I got yelled at for trying the free Sims online game I know better now but my game runs as if it was brand new the graphics on it wow just wow.

It was great to read the update and hear that your computer/game is working well now :)
  • Options
    VaniaVania Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15513747"][quote="Orchid13;15513731"][quote="rosemow;15513715"]You could try saving your sims from your old game to the library if you can get into the old save, then place thrn into the new save game. Then see how playing the new save game goes. [/quote]

I mean I now replaced the new folder with my old one in the new file that was made. But maybe I did it wrong did I have to move only the files from the old game or could I just replace the new the sims 4 file with the old one?[/quote]

You need to only place the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the old desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder. They replace the new files/ folders that have the same name.[/quote]

by moving those files to the new sims 4 game file, will my last sims 4 gameplay still be there? [With all my sims, my household,my lots]
  • Options
    Vania wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    You could try saving your sims from your old game to the library if you can get into the old save, then place thrn into the new save game. Then see how playing the new save game goes.

I mean I now replaced the new folder with my old one in the new file that was made. But maybe I did it wrong did I have to move only the files from the old game or could I just replace the new the sims 4 file with the old one?

You need to only place the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the old desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder. They replace the new files/ folders that have the same name.

by moving those files to the new sims 4 game file, will my last sims 4 gameplay still be there? [With all my sims, my household,my lots]

Hello @Vania
    If you move those folders to the new sims 4 folder, your last sims 4 save gameplay will be there. :)
    Your " saves" folder contains your save games, so you are moving them over.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @rosemow I have game crashing issues and this: is what I get and It's not mods I checked..its still crashing <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report><version>2</version><sessionid>93915d467cb6b1415944aaa6</sessionid><type>crash</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2017-06-17 04:06:55</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.31.37.1020-1.200.000.286.Release</buildsignature><systemconfig></systemconfig><categoryid> 0x0</categoryid><stack> 0x0 0x638580 0x2ae76540 0x2ce8bc48 0x254eb5cd 0x13df1311 0x8eaf13de</stack><threads></threads><screenshot></screenshot><memdump>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
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hello @MadameLee

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit"

Try playing the game in windowed mode

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps

If the issues remain, coulf you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    Or you could copy and paste the information to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    might have been too much stuff in the inventory
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options