Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game crashes I have win 7 anyone with any ideas?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Your very welcome
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hello
    Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    I tried that but didn't work.. I think it might be that the patch corrupted my saves.. is that possible if I took my saves out and tray files when it updated..or should I have left them in?

Untitled3_zpsaj8gnzzm.jpg

• Options
    @CrazyboutTheSims Did you try repair game? Have you tried pulling the whole sims 4 folder starting the game to generate a new sims 4 folder and see if it will start and play? I don't have the game installed but when I did have it installed I use to pull my whole sims 4 folder before updating and put it back. I never had an issue. I did however have a vanilla game.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It has to be with the saves.. I just started a new save and no problems.. I'm really confused. I have saved at least 7 crash files and last exception files. I wish I knew how to read them.. if they are of use to any of the guru's I will be happy to send them to them.

@rosemow thank you ..
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @CrazyboutTheSims Did you try repair game? Have you tried pulling the whole sims 4 folder starting the game to generate a new sims 4 folder and see if it will start and play? I don't have the game installed but when I did have it installed I use to pull my whole sims 4 folder before updating and put it back. I never had an issue. I did however have a vanilla game.

always when updating before I just pulled the saves, mods folder and didn't have any problems. just with this last update. it has messed up a lot of things.. If my new save starts acting strange I guess the only other option is to reinstall.. I have did everything else.. yes I did let the game regenerate a new sims 4 folder and tried with no cc at all..
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I am getting same thing also, since the patch.

My DxDiag:
    http://pastebin.com/sX4KYc2G

I've taken out the mods folder, created a fresh Sims 4 folder in My Documents, repaired the game, switched to 32 bit, but it keeps crashing. I'm able to play a household for a bit and then it'll crash.
  • Options

always when updating before I just pulled the saves, mods folder and didn't have any problems. just with this last update. it has messed up a lot of things.. If my new save starts acting strange I guess the only other option is to reinstall.. I have did everything else.. yes I did let the game regenerate a new sims 4 folder and tried with no cc at all..

@rosemow something you need to read. Something funny is going on.
    Logisitcs wrote: »

My DxDiag:

I've taken out the mods folder, created a fresh Sims 4 folder in My Documents, repaired the game, switched to 32 bit, but it keeps crashing. I'm able to play a household for a bit and then it'll crash.

Your DxDiag is fine. Drivers updated Meets recommended requirements. Both you and OP have different OS so I don't believe it's a windows issue
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Try playing in offline mode and see if that helps.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

• Options
    edited January 2017

My DxDiag:

are you playing an old save that was created before the patch? I had a lot of old saves and decided to make a new save which worked.. I then went through my old saves and deleted the ones that didn't work.. I worked on this all day and finally its working as of today.. who knows if it will tomorrow..
    I had saved my old ts4 folder and took out the new regenerated one and put the old one back.. I really don't know how or why its working now.. but I did all the same things that you did and was suggested to me. my game crashed about 8 times at least..
    I hope you get yours working.. Good luck

I forgot to say that there was a folder called scratch in my saves and I deleted that.. most trouble I have had with this game.
  • Options
    Nothing's working.

I've been trying to play in a completely fresh Sims 4 folder with new saves, still crashing.
    Going offline, still crashed. Reinstalled Origin, still crashed. Un-ticked the box that enabled Origin in-game, still crashed.

Does someone need to see the Crash Reports?
  • Options
    Nothing's working.

I've been trying to play in a completely fresh Sims 4 folder with new saves, still crashing.
    Going offline, still crashed. Reinstalled Origin, still crashed. Un-ticked the box that enabled Origin in-game, still crashed.

did you check your saves folder? I'm not sure how important it is but in mine there was a folder I think its called scratch I deleted it.. try that can't hurt.
  • Options
    Nothing's working.

Try sending SimGuruNick your DxDiag and your crash reports in a PM http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/SimGuruNick
  • Options
    Nothing's working.

did you check your saves folder? I'm not sure how important it is but in mine there was a folder I think its called scratch I deleted it.. try that can't hurt.

I tried that, did not work :(
    Sent a message to the SimGuru
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Do you have any mods? If so some of them may be conflicting your game. If that's the case get mod conflict and that will show you the mods that are broken!
  • Options
    Nothing's working.

I tried that, did not work :(
    Sent a message to the SimGuru

hope you get it sorted out soon, I know it sucks not being able to play :/