Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disturbing new trend

Comments

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I just wanted to add in that the feedback forum should not be just for those who dislike a game. Posts shouldn't also be labeled as just for those who like the game, nor just for those who dislike the game. People shouldn't be constantly told that such n' such post is not for that person to post on. People should be able talk to others, even online, with different opinions without it turning into name calling.

The generalization of people on this forum can be a bit annoying. Yes there are extremists, but this not everyone. Not everyone is so concerned with their being a right side and a wrong side. Some people like a good polite discussion even among those who do not share their same belief. I happen to be one of those people, and it's exactly why I at times disappear when new expansion packs come out lol.

I agree that all spaces should be for all opinions, but it hasn't happened that way.

People displeased with the game tend to hang around the feedback section more often because of two reasons. The first is because most threads discussing any sort of discontent with the game usually end up there due to the moderation team moving them. Fine. I have no problems with that. It's totally justified and a good business strategy.

The second is because a large part of the community pushes dissenting opinions out by force. Fierce defenders of the game like to try and push those of us who might not have pleasant things to say about it away into a corner. I'm even seeing posters suggested limiting our dissatisfaction to one or two threads because the claim is that complaints have become overwhelming to them and it's ruining their fun. It's this I have a problem with and why I sometimes say things like "Why are you here then reading this little corner you've push us in?"

The thing is it's on both sides. It's not just the extremists of those who like the game being rude to those who dislike the game. The extremists who dislike the game can also be rude to those who like the game. It's really not just one group of extremists who dislike everyone else's opinion, it's both groups of extremists lol. The reason why I read and participate in the feedback forum is because I like sims 4 and I also know that like all games it too needs improvements. I also like reading feedback from others, I even can empathize with many who are disappointed in sims 4. The forum really should be for everyone, I believe even the rules discuss that a little bit.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    There are people (myself included) who'd rather pay more for something in shops because they are not comfortable with giving their banking information to all kinds of companies/websites. Not saying that this is the reason.
    Plus, I just checked here the base game costs 60 euros on Origin. The digital deluxe is 70, which is nearly 80 USD.[/quote]

That is understandable. I know there are alot of people that choose not to buy things online for their own peace of mind in regards to their personal security. However, certain websites are more safe than others. I am pretty sure a company like Electronic Arts would be among the safest ones. They have to go to great lengths to make it safe as a large percentage I am certain would rely on them offering that kind of shopping experience. If they couldn't offer security it would be devastating to their business. Most of my Sims related purchases have been made online and I have not once had a problem. But you reminded me of another point I can make.

So much of the complaints here can be brought down to personal preference. Player A prefers this and Player B prefers the opposite of what Player A wants. If they can only do things one way then which group of players should a game company listen to? Should they listen to the people that campaign the loudest even if they are the minority? Should they listen only to the people that participate in polls even though they may not get participation from all the players? I have made it pretty clear my stand on who the devs should listen to - only because I have seen and experienced first hand what happens when they don't.

The thing is that what people on here are asking for are not wrong (for the most part I hope as I haven't seen all the requests made to EA). People asking for toddlers or reasonable prices or better graphics are not wrong and I think most players can say "I can get on board with that". It's when people start arguing, name-calling and in other ways being insulting when someone has the opposing view that the problems start.

This is a game. An imperfect one in many ways but nothing in life is perfect. We can play it, or not, and it really at the end of the day really isn't going to mean all that much. In 20 years - is it even going to matter what we did or did not have in a video game? I am thinking no lol.

• Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    @RebeccaThurston Pretty off-topic, but I have to admit that my post wasn't entirely honest. While I'd rather not buy anything this way, part of the reason why I prefer retail is that around here, it's almost always cheper. (I literally bought the base game for half of the Origin price four days after release) Except in sales like the current one, of course, but I still rather payed some extra money in a webshop, which is famous for it's low prices.
    And as for who should EA listen to, it kind of reminded me of what happens in class. There are over 30 students in my class and the teachers often only listen to the 4-5 boys who are the loudest.
  • Options
    naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    Two seprate catogories; TS3 ad TS4 act and look liek two diffrent games sometimes on the fourms there may have been many "updates" but TS4 is barely a year old. I do nto approve of it overtakeing TS3 Challanges and everythign its gettign stressful and confusing.

Two seprate catogories and TS4 poeopel stop pretending your innocent flower children, Im sick of gettign told to go to 4 I didn't like 4 I like 3. I havent even had three for longer than a Year and a month if that. let me actualy enjoy my SIMS3 game for a few years before chokeing me with all this TS4 stuff please and NO your not flowers how many genertal forums have you flooded how many threads did you call dead that were barly a month old?

and the end all be all WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A TS5?

I cant even find challange lists for TS3 builds anymore 🐸🐸🐸🐸, it has barely been a year.

whiel we are on tehat topic SIMS geru could you be an absloute doll and tell the 3 page people to pease fix their servey sims point add stream its like really broken today for some odd reason. and tell EA to stop FORCEING us to move to 4 its just as bad as this doomsayign we are flowers and your all mud talk that has taken over this thread!

And with that I'm goign back to trying to get my gay Warlock cuple their prefect home. because the only disturbign trend I am seeing is all your lack of respect for peoples personal choices! and EA's lack of tact in not allowing people to so much as edit their posts untill they reach a certin level of "activity" really EA I get you want us to understand the rules but COME ON. thats just RUDE, you guys need to be more humble this world is not ready to accept that kind of moderative insight.

>:(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    @naokithefiend, The Sims 4 came out in 2014, so the game isn't barely a year old as it is going on 3 years this September... ;)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @naokithefiend - you'll find challenges/contests for The Sims 3 mostly in the Gift Gathering Section under the Sims 3 Store. The only challenge in the Builders section will be the Build-n-Share Challenge which is currently on #185 which is the Real Housewives of Sunset Valley Challenge.

With regard to why people are talking about TS5 is because they're hoping for better than TS4. I, myself, am in the same position as there is so much potential for the franchise, but until then, I'll continue to share my feedback and play TS3.
  • Options
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    @RebeccaThurston Pretty off-topic, but I have to admit that my post wasn't entirely honest. While I'd rather not buy anything this way, part of the reason why I prefer retail is that around here, it's almost always cheper. (I literally bought the base game for half of the Origin price four days after release) Except in sales like the current one, of course, but I still rather payed some extra money in a webshop, which is famous for it's low prices.
    And as for who should EA listen to, it kind of reminded me of what happens in class. There are over 30 students in my class and the teachers often only listen to the 4-5 boys who are the loudest.

I buy online because I got used to just not being able to find what I was looking for in the stores where I lived. Now I live in a larger center and its a bit easier but there are still times that a physical store doesn't have what I want to buy and online store does. I also find it nice in some ways not to have to deal with boxes and all that comes with them. The Origin thing is annoying though. I use none of the features and find it a block to playing games I have a physical copy of rather than a digital one. I wish they would reconcile the two. Or rather I wish I knew how to access them - maybe I am missing something lol.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    This game doesn't belong to me, It doesn't belong to any of us.
    We all have fond memories of our first experiences with it.

If you have moved beyond the pont of enjoying the Sims for what they are then so be it...
    But don't expect to recapture your past,

Even Sim Guru's can't do that.
  • Options
    @aricarai Yes that does not help someone looking for a quick brain teaser. they are segrigated and with #185 their challanges are great but there is no Quick refrence or Easlly refrenced public store of their challanges they keep editing to add the new challange. Sadly I had to find a soultion for my builder problmes on my own, fortune saw fit to show me how to conform lots on my own. the jumbled mess is one thing prehaps a area we as players can work on to make less of a hastle.

@lisasc360 I dont care all too much for spesfic dates all I know is I bought the Sims3 and not even a day later the Sism 4 was there in my face and I had never heard of it before not even on the fourms. When I heard about it I dropped a melody of edits/updates that I would consider worth loseing my fairys for as the Fey were one of the reasons I bought into 3 to begin with. when I tryed the Sims 4 on my alt (used to aviod ick back when NWN was alive and well as a EA game) because my main was having a e-mail issue (that has since been resolved thnkfully) I kind of hated it, it was too much space for too little a game. the things that were diffrent could have easly been inported into 3. but this whole forum mess boils down to the same thing. As I said before let people like what game they want, and;eave well enugh alone, do not presure players into moveing on that is BAD.

How many of you can legit say you plaed a game that is over 10 years old form EA or some other subsdity for over 20 years? can you legitimatly say that game has been fully supported by EA? no... I could guess as much. Players sill play Neverwinter Nights (an EA game bassed off D&D) and at the time they were talking about shuting down I was one of a great number of players trying to remid EA it was D&D your not going to just kill it. Now it may no longer be supported by EA but it goes to show (even with It's awuful grafics) players will still play good games for centeries.

The Sims is a good game but outdoign 3 is not gogint to be easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @naokithefiend - all past challenges are on the front page. Starting from #1 :mrgreen: Some of the links may not work but that's of the switch from the old forums to these new ones. I think you'd have to search the old forums possibly to get them working.
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    @naokithefiend - all past challenges are on the front page. Starting from #1 :mrgreen: Some of the links may not work but that's of the switch from the old forums to these new ones. I think you'd have to search the old forums possibly to get them working.

This actualy hurts new members trying to get full member status. I know if I ran sucha challange bassed community I would devise a long term challange that would allow time to fix the links or host in a seprate archive for quality purposes. with all this moving around no wonder members get agitated quickly.
  • Options

This actualy hurts new members trying to get full member status. I know if I ran sucha challange bassed community I would devise a long term challange that would allow time to fix the links or host in a seprate archive for quality purposes. with all this moving around no wonder members get agitated quickly.

I don't really see a reason to get agitated quickly at something that is really beyond forum member control.

I'm not sure that anyone expected the forums to become merged into one, so no one could have predicted that old links wouldn't work. I bet also if you sent a message to BuildnShare and kindly asked the best way to access old challenges, they'd help.

I think @rosemow has some great suggestions to become a full member. She's very helpful.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    hello @SimGuruDrake,

the name calling and disrespect toward members posting there opinion and discontent or dislike about some content need to stop i may not like vampires or some of the content thats in the game but its no reason to resort to name calling just because some members post there discontent or dislike about some of the content it would be nice if members that post there disagreement or dislike about some of the content in the game could do so without constently being attack or have to explain themselve as to why they dislike the content in the game and wents the option to have more control in there game like in sims3 have option to disable via the game option lifestates they would not went like vampires for instance some members do not realise that some that plays the game are not into super naturals.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I agree with you @friendlysimmers. I don't think name calling or disrespect is ok in any situation whether it's on here or anywhere else in life.

However, I think some can take disagreement for disrespect, especially in the feedback section and some need to see the difference because disagreeing is not a bad thing, people have differing opinions and that's cool.

I personally haven't seen you being called names (I'm assuming you're talking about yourself with reference to vampires etc) but I think with regards to the speculated vampire GP and you not liking vampires, people's point that they were trying to get across to you is if you a) don't like vampires and b)know there's not going to be a toggle to turn it them off, then don't buy the pack and complain about it because vampires are in.

However, the whole vampire issue is pure speculation because no one knows what's going to be in it or how it's going to work, so really it is a moot point at this moment in time.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and no one should have to explain their reasoning one way or another, but sometimes it's unnecessary to go into certain threads and give an opinion. I wouldn't go into the Happy Play Thread in GD S4 and proclaim that 'IMHO, the Sims 3 is a better game' - it's completely unnecessary. I also wouldn't go into a thread stating a specific question, for example, 'Why Have You Stopped Playing Sims 4?' and then proclaim that I haven't stopped playing because Sims 4 is clearly a good game. That's unnecessary.

I think that as long as there are forums, sadly, there will be name calling, trolling, disrespect. It's hard thing to constantly be catching; however, I think that's what the report and ignore functions are for.

People are going to disagree and even argue from time to time on here, but it should be conducted with respect from both sides of the coin.

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    This trend is even worse with toddlers in the Sims 4 again.
    I can't even state my own thoughts/opinions on my wall and now people seem to complain about me stating my dislikes.
    *Sigh*
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I can't even state my own thoughts/opinions on my wall and now people seem to complain about me stating my dislikes.
    *Sigh*

Why do you think it will be worse with toddlers? Alot of people wanted them and now they are in.

• Options
    *Sigh*

Why do you think it will be worse with toddlers? Alot of people wanted them and now they are in.

People will probably attack others over the fact someone isn't too fond of them and share their opinions. It also happened back on the Sims 3 forums over certain life states too.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    *Sigh*

People will probably attack others over the fact someone isn't too fond of them and share their opinions. It also happened back on the Sims 3 forums over certain life states too.

Oh - yeah probably. I think I will be one of them as I really am not a fan of children - either real or virtual lol. I thought maybe you meant because of the inevitable bugs or things that come along with new content that people will come here to complain about (I see that happening too).
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    *Sigh*

I think people weren't trying to complain on your wall - at least that wasn't my intention lol. I just think more choices are always better, even people who didn't want toddlers should be able to see that. Because they too will want options others may not care about, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get them. The more choices we have in this game, the better. If you can be happy for others when they get what they want, they may just be more willing to help you fight for the things you want. People have a choice now: play with toddlers, or skip them. Before, no one had a choice.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    *Sigh*

I think people weren't trying to complain on your wall - at least that wasn't my intention lol. I just think more choices are always better, even people who didn't want toddlers should be able to see that. Because they too will want options others may not care about, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get them. The more choices we have in this game, the better. If you can be happy for others when they get what they want, they may just be more willing to help you fight for the things you want. People have a choice now: play with toddlers, or skip them. Before, no one had a choice.

Don't worry, I know you're perfectly fine discussing it as you had the response written without any harm meant. Had too delete a comment or two though that did seem like it was aimed to cause worse problems.
    Just that it's probably happening on other forums too.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    *Sigh*

Don't worry, I know you're perfectly fine discussing it as you had the response written without any harm meant. Had too delete a comment or two though that did seem like it was aimed to cause worse problems.
    Just that it's probably happening on other forums too.

It was indeed written without any harm meant :) I truly hope everyone will get what's still missing for them in this game, and that this is just the beginning of fixing what needed & what still needs fixing.
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Why are people so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 childish???
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't know about your wall, but I did see a thread that went ape because somebody said they didn't like/want them in the game.

Seems like a silly thing to get worked up about, especially now that we have them. As if someone not wanting them is going to get them taken away.

I found it pretty appalling. If people are just talking about it respectfully though, that part is NBD to me.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I don't really see a reason to get agitated quickly at something that is really beyond forum member control.

I'm not sure that anyone expected the forums to become merged into one, so no one could have predicted that old links wouldn't work. I bet also if you sent a message to BuildnShare and kindly asked the best way to access old challenges, they'd help.

I think @rosemow has some great suggestions to become a full member. She's very helpful.

The new member issue was put in place for a reason. Be careful who you give likes too. There are many troll accounts in here with more than one account. Im dealing with one right now in TS3 tech. Not everyone is legit. Had to call in the Gurus and I hope they take care of this issue soon.

To stay on topic some of these troll accounts are set up to bate you into arguments. Call you names. Some of these people you may have given likes to and they are now members.

I just got debated in the TS4 tech section. Tech is certainly not for debating when the legit people need help.

I wish EA would make this forum like the old sims 3 forum. Where you would have to own the game to post. Fake accounts wont take the time to keep buying the game to get more accounts in here
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I wish EA would make this forum like the old sims 3 forum. Where you would have to own the game to post. Fake accounts wont take the time to keep buying the game to get more accounts in here
    Unfortunately, that could cause some complications. For example, for reasons that are long gone and I don't understand, I ended up with a forum account that is different from the one that I own the game on. I don't actually own the game on this account, despite having logged hundreds of hours in TS4. You can imagine my confusion when I was trying to do the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar promotion and couldn't understand why my attempts to get it weren't making it show up in game; somehow, I was trying to retrieve it on the EA account linked to my forum ID or something.

I would take the blame for it, but I don't even remember if it was intentional or not. Sometimes I make decisions that seem perfectly reasonable at the time and then make zero sense later.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io