Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall Fun Gifts for Hoplass!

Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hey Hoplass! You are my buddy this gift exchange!

After rereading your letter, I realized I had 2 minor problems...1) I had too many ideas! and 2) It was going to be a real challenge making sure I didn't accidentally use something from a stuff pack, expansion, or store world you don't have yet. (I tried *very* hard to keep that from happening, but if anything slipped in, it's probably something really minor!) I really never realized how much stuff I tend to use from Town Life/Outdoor Living/Pets, lol.

After lots of brainstorming, and plenty of getting distracted when I would get another idea mid-project, I have got some surprises for you!

You said in your letter that you keep coming back to Sunset Valley, so that's where I decided to spend most of my time for this exchange! You also mentioned that you tend to use lots of wood, and some of the sets you mentioned are some of my favorites too. Isn't that convenient? :lol:

Gift 1: Magnolia Pond

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010869

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Gift 1: Magnolia Pond

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010869

While I was browsing EA lots in Sunset Valley, trying to pick the perfect one to build on, I realized that I really liked some of the lots/landscaping, but truly disliked the house EA put on them. So I decided to completely demolish the house at 28 Sim Place, while keeping the pretty little pond in place. Here's what I came up with!

Screenshot-185_zpsrvkmvecv.jpg

Gotta tell you, it's a lot more dangerous than it looks! It started out as a little 2 bedroom cottage with a bonus room upstairs, but every time I thought I was finished with it, I had another idea of what would make it even better. I ended up with a finished project that has 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a nursery that can easily be converted into a full study/4th bedroom/laundry room, and the bonus room that ended up full of skill items.

Here's the downstairs layout:

Screenshot-186_zpshewrjlje.jpg

And upstairs:

Screenshot-180_zpst6qsurdx.jpg

Master bedroom/bath:

Screenshot-182_zpsmi8spgba.jpg

Living Room/Kitchen:

Screenshot-181_zpse0g0lvfx.jpg

Backyard:

Screenshot-184_zpsly8sdevb.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Gift 2:
    Rebecca Garnett

Screenshot-191_zpskhltezub.jpg

(She decided to sing some karaoke with the bouncer, of all people :lol: )

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010895

Originally, Rebecca was intended to live in the little cottage. But since it evolved into a much larger family house, she'll need a family before she moves in! She has just the beginnings of a couple of skills, leaving tons of stuff for you to learn yourself. Hope you like here! Here's a few more pictures of her at home and out enjoying the town (and helping me do a bit of testing of your third gift!)

Screenshot-198_zpsbfmqp6zh.jpg

Screenshot-188_zpsrqcehpx8.jpg

Screenshot-196_zpsyprokwrm.jpg

Post edited by Bookworm742 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Gift 3:
    Tranquil Sky Salon

Screenshot-192_zpsnik1j3yo.jpg

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010913

I really love the look of the bistro, but I rarely use it, simply because the restaurant stuff isn't content I use often. So I decided to re-imagine it as something new! I knocked down walls and put new ones up, did lots of repainting, and created a relaxing salon/spa using the fun spa items from Sunlit Tides.

Here's an overview of the first floor:

Screenshot-199_zpsry1fcoma.jpg

And with sims running around in it:

Screenshot-193_zpsfjpwtqzo.jpg

And the second floor:

Screenshot-200_zpsyl5bgyor.jpg

With some sims:

Screenshot-194_zpsiroanppd.jpg

Screenshot-195_zpsplt44t6s.jpg

And with Rebecca doing some testing:

Screenshot-197_zpswvlq21kb.jpg

Screenshot-196_zpsyprokwrm.jpg
    Post edited by Bookworm742 on
  • Options
    reserved
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    reserved just in case
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I never thought of deleting EA houses and using those lots to build on! I'll have to do some more exploring now! Lovely lot.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Very, very nice house
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Magnolia Pond is lovely and a wonderful way to remodel a well-liked lot after bulldozing the house! Can see a lot of us going and looking at EA lots (forget the house that it there ha ha) differently now LOL ~ Rebecca is pretty and looks like she'll be fun to play :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Magnolia Pond is a gorgeous house! So very pretty inside and out!

Rebecca is a pretty sim that has a nice old fashioned look about her but yet she likes to have a lot of fun!

And the spa is really gorgeous! I love the patterns and the colors you've chosen.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    The spa is incredible! I would have never guessed you started with the bistro.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Bookworm742 - Oh wow; you've been super busy! Magnolia Pond is beautiful; I wish I could build in that style and Rebecca is just beautiful - I like that she wants to be an author; that's a profession that I haven't tried before! And the salon -ooohhweeee, looks fabulous - again, not a community lot that I've done before - must try it! Got all your fabulous gifts REC'D!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Who knew that the bistro could transform so nicely into a spa/salon? Bookie did, of course! Another wonderful use of re-purposing a building and turning it into something new and extremely useful :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That salon is absolutely beautiful. For that matter, so is Magnolia Pond. I definitely need both of these. They'll be great additions to Sunset Valley or Riverview.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Wow @Bookworm742 really pretty! I know it must have been difficult not using any of those SP/EP you mentioned, those specific ones are high on my wishlist.

Magnolia Pond looks so pretty! I never dare using blue, but you made it look so natural to me.

How daring, karaoke with the bouncer :p. I have wanted to play a sim being an author but never did yet so this will be fun!

I never thought of using the outside of an existing building and completely use and change the inside! You know I feel the same about the bistro, it looks really nice, but I never go there. Now I definitely will and I really lijke the blue tones you used in there!

Downloading started :D
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Magnolia Pond is so pretty! Love that shade of blue :smile: Beautifully decorated inside

Rebecca is great! How very fitting to want to use her career experience to help her with writing a children's book :smile:

And Tranquil Sky Salon looks like it certainly lives up to its name! Sims will really enjoy a nice, relaxing time in such a beautiful place!

All rec'd :)
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Magnolia Pond is a wonderful house. I love the shape and color of the house, as well as the hints of blue you used on the inside. I totally recognize that "problem" of thinking you're finished and then coming up with more ideas lol.

Rebecca Garnett looks pretty. I always like playing the author career. She'll be a fun Sim to play.

Tranquil Sky Salon looks stunning! Such a nice place for Sims to relax. Clever idea of using one building and turning it into something completely else. Again loving the shades of blue you used for the interior :blush:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Wow the house and salon are amazing, love how you laid both out. Your sim is pretty and looks to fun to play. Off to rec and snaggg lol.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Such pretty creations! I love the house. The sims are great. And the salon looks like a fun place to relax your sims. Great job @Bookworm742 !