Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hanne ~ Come sit by the fire :)

tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hanne by now you've seen in the main thread that I, yes little me, was chosen to be your Buddy!

When I saw your name my first thought was "I'm so very lucky! I love Hanne!" and my second thought was "Hmmmm, She's been given so many cottages and fairies in other exchanges that I want to make this really fun but different for her."

So I messaged Addy and said that I would love you to clarify the part of your letter where you said that you hadn't tried a few things in your game yet. And you sent back a message doing just that. My muse and I then set out on a mission to help you explore a few things and pull you a bit out of your comfort zone while keeping your big toe in :) I hope that I've succeeded!

In that part of your letter you said that you had never played a werewolf. Well I don't really play them much either and I'm not sure why as they can be really fun. But I went into Cas and your first gift was born....ummm....created. As he was being created a story for him began to form and then before I knew it I had to make him a home as well. But his story doesn't end there as you will see as your gifts begin to reveal themselves. Not all of them are tied to him but it will come about full circle by the last day of gifting.

So now I hope that I have you curious and I would like to introduce you to Kia Maynard, werewolf extradinaire. Ok maybe that's going overboard! How about Kia, a pretty cool werewolf. :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009762

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hanne? Hey, How are you? I'm Kia. Sounds kind of like Sky. If you aren't too scared could you come sit with me by the fire and I'll tell you my story?

Screenshot-17_zpskdqpgjpu.jpg

I wasn't always like this. I wasn't even aware I'd be like this actually. I mean I knew that Dad would go away every month and as I got older I realized it was always around the time of the full moon but really never put two and two together. When I became a teen I also started to notice my Mom getting nervous and not wanting me to go out with my friends and such when my Dad was gone. She said it was because she wanted me to help her around the house but it was obvious it was more than that.

I had heard of werewolves and other sims that were witches and vampires and other things but I didn't realize our family was affected. I was protected and really kind of like that happens to other sims not us. I was a young adult the first time it happened to me. It wasn't even a full moon and it was during the day. It started like a tingling in my toes and my fingers and I was like what's going on? But by the time I realized I was changing it was too late to run. See it happened in town with lots of other sims around. I was embarrassed and I was scared. I wasn't sure what to do.

Screenshot-18_zpsye4qjx1h.jpg

Screenshot-19_zpsylohh31w.jpg

Next thing I knew I was sitting ON a table and eating like an animal. (Kia looks down and shakes his head) But that wasn't the worst part.

Screenshot-22_zpsnsajmmko.jpg

It was the look on my friends face. I could smell her fear and see the look of not only fear but pitty in her eyes.

Screenshot-20_zpskrscjkbx.jpg

I had always been a bit socially awkward and never seemed to say the right thing. (Kia gets up and stirs the fire adding some wood, he looks at Hanne for a long minute trying to decide how she is reacting. Hanne sits quietly and gives him a small smile letting him know it's ok to go on.)

Well anyway, I did the only thing I knew how to do. I ran. And ran and then I ran some more. And when I stopped I tilted back my head to yell at the top of my lungs but instead of yelling I let out a howl and scared myself! (He chuckles a bit at the memory)

Screenshot-24_zpsmas7kvhh.jpg

(Kia stands up.) Anyway if you come back tomorrow I'll show you around my cabin and tell you some more of my story. I can feel the change and I really would rather you not see that. (He pauses and turns back to Hanne) Oh and I might need your help. Thanks for listening and see you tomorrow Sweet Hanne. (He goes in the cabin and shuts the door leaving Hanne to stare at the embers and wonder how she could help.)

Screenshot-25_zpsqusc0q7w.jpg

More of Kia's story will be revealed tomorrow as well as how you can help him Hanne. :) He will also show you his cabin as he said and maybe a hint at something more.

I hope you are enjoying him so far <3

Post edited by tanubanue on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    So since it is technically the second day of gifting in your part of the world I decided to tell more of Kia's story now instead of waiting until my tomorrow lol
    ``````````````````````````````````````

Kia with his cabin ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009867

Kia's cabin empty ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009866

Hanne goes to the front door of the cabin and knocks very curious about Kia and what he needs her help with.

Screenshot-10_zps1srclr8t.jpg

Kia invites her in and makes her waffles in his nightwear. Hanne doesn't mind the view :)

Screenshot_zpsnthi7ejv.jpg

Kia began to talk after the delicious meal was cleaned up.

So after I moved here I was pretty lonely. I enjoy being around sims but I'm not good at it and after revealing what I am to the town that day I wonder if anyone would ever see me as me and not some monster again. This place does make me happy otherwise though. I'm a bit of a night owl so I can stay up as late as I want to and hunt and fish when I have the need to. And I can work on what I love here without worrying that my banging is too loud for others.

I do have a few friends here although they cluck instead of talk. (Kia chuckles) He takes Hanne outdoors and shows her his pet chickens.

This is Charles, he's pretty easy to talk to.

Screenshot-4_zpsqvqo3zed.jpg

Well mostly anyway ~

Screenshot-32_zpsnaqsubrx.jpg

And every so often they have some chicks! They are so cute and I've never once wanted to eat one!

Screenshot-38_zpspimhmpnm.jpg

(Kia then showed Hanne his favorite thing in the whole world. His inventing bench. He got really excited and animated.) "Hanne! Watch what I can do!"

Screenshot-13_zpsfj5qzglm.jpg

That's just a small invention but see that? (He gestured at the bot statue in the corner.) That is someday going to be what I'm going to make but it's going to become alive! That's part of what I need your help with. (He grinned)

The other part of what I need your help with has something to do with this guy ~

Screenshot-43_zpsueb2kbtx.jpg

Can we talk about it more in a few days though? I know that you have some others to meet. But please come back after you do, ok? Please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I guess Kia is a bit nervous. It has to do with his socially awkwardness but I think he's doing well so far don't you?

Here's a few more pictures of Kia's cabin !

Screenshot-3_zpssr3sh3yt.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpshzgbupmv.jpg

Screenshot-5_zpskiraihph.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsaq8mlgwc.jpg

So Kia is right you have a few more friends to meet before we come back to visit him again. He needs a few days as he's not used to asking for help :) For now we'll leave him be.

Tomorrow you will meet someone else and I hope you're having fun! <3

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Today I would like to introduce you to the sim who is your next gift ~ Josie :)

I know you love fairies so I wanted to make sure you got at least one new fairy :) However you also mentioned a few other things that you haven't tried yet so I made Josie a Fairy sim with an unusual (for Fairies anyway) Love. She loves water!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010176

Hey Hanne! :) Hi I'm Josie! Kia sent me a text and let me know you were coming today. I hope your trip was nice as you had to come down out of the woods and to the beach! My story isn't as good as his but I hope you enjoy meeting me!

I was born in Hidden Springs. Both my Mom and Dad are Fairies as well as all of my siblings. But now I live in this absolutely beautiful tropical world! You see I'm a bit different than most Fairies you'll meet. I love, love, love, love, love water!!! I love to fish and swim and snorkel and boat and wind surf and well you get the idea! I also love being outdoors and the hotter the better as I can just hop in and cool off! Most Fairies are nervous if their wings get wet they wont be able to fly but it's never bothered me! I just flap them a bit harder and I'm good to go :) Oh and I'm a lifeguard! <3

Here are a few pictures of me and the following post has pictures of my fun, tropical home that of course has a pool!

Screenshot-56_zpsiuldkh21.jpg

Screenshot-58_zps9t8apqz3.jpg

Screenshot-59_zpsc6ffqv2u.jpg

Screenshot-108_zps4xdsxasd.jpg

Screenshot-109_zpslsfhdr9q.jpg

Screenshot-112_zpshgxoinoo.jpg

Screenshot-116_zpsdt2hlm2a.jpg

Screenshot-117_zpsgwxo6gmz.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Josie's home ~ Oceanside ~

Oceanside with Josie ~
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010174#

Oceanside Empty ~
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010175

Screenshot-125_zpseg2gqe8z.jpg

Screenshot-127_zps6l4wfcut.jpg

Screenshot-122_zps5cdpb99x.jpg

Screenshot-131_zpspxmdxmxb.jpg

Screenshot-130_zpsbuydwd1h.jpg

Screenshot-129_zpsppm1umix.jpg

Screenshot-120_zpsnqrpgxof.jpg

Screenshot-124_zpsyltbger7.jpg

Screenshot-121_zpspctd1tgq.jpg

Screenshot-135_zps2yk5zcw3.jpg

Screenshot-134_zpsecy4jeod.jpg

Screenshot-136_zpsnkkodlbx.jpg

Screenshot-137_zpsmyjuc9r2.jpg

Screenshot-138_zps5jbg8zhd.jpg

Screenshot-140_zpszgrhurpu.jpg

Screenshot-118_zpsxl1du8cp.jpg

Screenshot-119_zpssaswpoad.jpg

Screenshot-142_zpscthtrvvx.jpg

Josie has one secret ~ She wants to someday become a famous photographer so she's hoping she makes enough simoleons as a lifeguard to travel and photograph the world!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy her! <3
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Hanne :)

For today's gift I borrowed Kia for picture taking purposes and he graciously agreed to help, lol

I wanted to be sure I included your two main favorite things in your gifts and Josie being a fairy was the first. Your other Love is cottages so I wanted to include a cottage but you've been given so many beautiful cottages in the past that I wanted to make something a bit different that would compliment them. So I came up with a community lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Old Stone Cottage Firehouse ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010411

The town needed a new firehouse but didn't have the finances to build from the ground up. The community met and tried to figure out what they were going to do when an elder stood up and offered his stone farm. He was moving in with his children anyway and didn't want to sell it. He and his wife had spent many wonderful years in the small cottage and he said he would be honored to have it turned into a firehouse.

So renovations began but where ever possible things were kept true to the old cottage including some furniture and décor. The barn was turned into a garage big enough to house one of the fire trucks and the loft was turned into sleeping quarters for the men and women who pulled night shifts. A fire pole was added to the loft as an efficient way down should an emergency arise in the town.

The yard stayed much the same except for the addition of a basketball hoop and an old car that the firemen used for practice for car fires or accidents. Inside the cottage the den was made into an office for the captain. The firemen could relax in front of the stone fireplace or make a meal in the authentic kitchen. A few pieces of workout equipment now sit where the bed used to be.

The old man was invited back to see his cottage after the renovations were finished. Tears of joy shown in his eyes as he looked around and saw that not everything he and his wife had loved was gone. And also that now a place he had put his heart and soul into could now play a part in saving the homes and lives of the people around him that he loved. It's been said that that night he passed away at peace.

Screenshot-81_zpsqv7dcceh.jpg

Screenshot-82_zpsatis8ww1.jpg

Screenshot-101_zpsuqyck8uq.jpg

Screenshot-100_zpskweqaila.jpg

Screenshot-102_zpsowv7iaww.jpg

Screenshot-103_zpstc2kd8t6.jpg

Screenshot-92_zpsiktda2yw.jpg

Screenshot-89_zpsxvoq77w5.jpg

Screenshot-93_zpsurydgbmd.jpg

Screenshot-91_zpsaxxzpf82.jpg

Screenshot-95_zpsmzudmjsc.jpg

Screenshot-94_zpspatbcytf.jpg

Screenshot-98_zpsny5pl7js.jpg

Screenshot-97_zpssprsudsy.jpg

Screenshot-96_zpsarqmwqpy.jpg

Screenshot-83_zpsndmi06px.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that this firehouse fits well into your worlds and that you like it <3

More to come tomorrow :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hey Hanne :) For today's gift we will finish Kia's story....well not finish it as that is up to you, lol But make sure to check back tomorrow as there is one more big surprise for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I answered the door and saw Hanne standing there with a smile on her face. I smiled back. "Hanne! Welcome!" I went past her leading her back to the fire and offering her a seat.

"So how can I help you Kia?" Her voice sounded sure that she truly did want to help me. Still I was unsure and a little afraid. What if she thought I was crazy? Still she was the only one that could give me any hope.

"Ok this may sound a bit nuts but I think the other night I had a vision of the future while I was dreaming." I stopped and searched her face but she just looked like she was waiting for me to go on. "I fell into a somewhat fitfull sleep the other night. The kind of sleep where you wake up and sleep then wake up and sleep so I'm pretty sure it was a dream."

"I was thinking about that Emit fellow giving me the tablet thingy when I went to sleep. In my dream I walked out into the yard and stood looking at the portal but something pulled me to it and before I knew it I was reaching out."

Screenshot-10_zps40fmcnqx.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpspzyl6hks.jpg

"I must have reached a bit too far or leaned a little too much because the next thing I knew I wasn't in my yard anymore but instead in a whole different place."

Screenshot-12_zpsdec8yqxn.jpg

"Hanne this is where there's a part I don't understand." I looked around to be sure no one else could hear me even though I knew they couldn't. Still I was nervous. "Hanne there was a woman there. A beautiful woman! And she was looking at me and she wasn't afraid, there was no pity in her eyes. There was something else. Something I've never seen before. I think she loved me! Because in my dream she was mine and I was hers."

Screenshot_zpsf7twctjn.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsbuhqal7l.jpg

"Do you think that it could be true? Could she be out there?" Hanne smiled and nodded.

"Then that's why I need your help. Help me find her?"

I hope that Kia and his story are fun for you and I hope that you can unite these two so he doesn't have to be lonely anymore :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kia's dream woman is Liza Starkey. She doesn't live in the future but in his dream he saw them there together because she could be with him as he goes to the future to build the ultimate robot. They are a super cute couple in my game :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010801

Liza is also socially awkward. She is also a natural cook, computer whiz, and clumsy. But Kia thinks her best trait is Supernatural Fan, lol

Screenshot-7_zpshkuti5kt.jpg

Screenshot-1_zpsqivl8osr.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps1ccprsfo.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsmysvz42m.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpsgeu2epd4.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2016
    @XxHannelorexX

Your final gift is special because it's a collaboration between myself and @Shannen :) I know how much Shannen loves you and since she wasn't part of the exchange I told her that you were my buddy. She was so happy and excited and asked if she may work on a gift for you with me. Of course I said yes! So this last gift is from the both of us to you and we really hope you like it! :)

In one of our skype calls we were talking about things you like and we read your letter together to talk about things that you still wanted to try in the game. Shannen came up with the idea of a witch named Astrid (she has a character in another game by that name that she loves) And Astrid's familiar named Skitter. Shannen gets all the credit for these two and I must say they are awesome. Astrid is a beautiful witch who doesn't quite get that sims perceptions of witches may not always be the best. She loves her life and is oblivious to any nay sayers. Skitter is a bit scattered and doesn't always remember what he was doing.

After the idea of Astrid and Skitter was firm we started talking about their home and we both agreed that they needed an unconventional and very different home. Something that if you were driving by may make you stop and take a second look and wonder who lived there. When I was a little girl we had a large window in our kitchen. Every summer that I could remember a spider made her web in that window and every summer she seemed to get bigger. (We have large barn spiders here in the mountains of NY) My Mom never let my Dad take that web down as she helped take care of mosquitos and such. I remember watching her for hours and thinking how pretty she was. I didn't like other spiders though, lol Just her. I named her Esmerelda and thought I was lucky to have a spider like in Charlottes web. I'm not sure how long spiders live or if it was the same one or one of her babies but it really didn't matter to me. :)

Anyway that came to mind while we were speaking and I thought Astrid and Skitter need Esmerelda in their lives and I started work on Esmerelda Spider House. Shannen added some of the landscaping to the lot. (Including the cow plant of course! lol)

We hope you like them! <3<3 And Thank You Shannen, Love you! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Astrid and Skitter ~
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9011352

Astrid, Skitter, and Esmerelda House ~
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9011351

Screenshot-13_zpsbdwprjag.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps8oj9ohoh.jpg

Screenshot-15_zpsuyntqohv.jpg

Screenshot-17_zpsq5pzux2j.jpg

Screenshot-18_zpslpuencsf.jpg

Screenshot-20_zpssqniuq7m.jpg

Screenshot-21_zpsfyihuucf.jpg

Screenshot-22_zpswrkqju9c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Esmerelda ~
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9011353

Screenshot-27_zpsq3n9tevk.jpg

Screenshot-28_zpswh9sccqa.jpg

Screenshot-25_zpsvszxdgvh.jpg

Screenshot-24_zpss995dbhw.jpg

Screenshot-40_zps3fa6lhwd.jpg

Screenshot-39_zpshfsmwdwo.jpg

Screenshot-38_zpsb5mbeawc.jpg

Screenshot-37_zpsr8rasf6n.jpg

Screenshot-36_zpscfxk2kkv.jpg

Screenshot-34_zpsctmnbj0l.jpg

Screenshot-33_zpshjmdydjt.jpg

Screenshot-32_zpstt3w8gaa.jpg

Screenshot-31_zpswdotlfam.jpg

Screenshot-30_zpsnciga8tk.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hanne Thank you so much for joining this exchange so I could be your buddy. I have truly loved creating everything for you and I hope that I've given you something to help make your game more interesting and fun. Thank you also for your friendship through all the exchanges. :)<3

Now it's time for a bit of a rest ~

Screenshot-19_zps0qj0ciqk.jpg
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Wow, I love that backstory! You and Ciane both do that so well! Even though I've written fiction, somehow writing with the Sims just doesn't happen for me. I can't always think of a backstory, even when I have a particular Sim idea in mind. So, I can't help admiring the stories you've written. :)

I love werewolves. I think they're my third-favorite type of Sim to play. I believe Hanne will LOVE playing with him. :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello, Kia! Shame about the friend's reaction, but Hanne (and others!) should be able to help. Your backstory will strike a chord with many!
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Aww that's a bit of a sad start! Those pictures made me laugh but that is kind of sad too. On top of everything making those faces on photos for everyone to see... ;)
    I never played with werewolves so really curious to see the rest of the story you made!
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    That is a fabulous story and a great start. Now I'll be on the dge of my seat to see what Kia needs Hanne's help with - and I'll cross fingers that she'll help him. Great work! Huge rec <3
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @tanubanue - Love Kia - how creative, looking forward to the rest of the story! Rec'd!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loving the story! And love his lot!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Fun story so far! I wonder what he has up his sleeve for Hanne? :*
    What is that big box he was digging around in?
  • Options
    Wow, I love that backstory! You and Ciane both do that so well! Even though I've written fiction, somehow writing with the Sims just doesn't happen for me. I can't always think of a backstory, even when I have a particular Sim idea in mind. So, I can't help admiring the stories you've written. :)

I love werewolves. I think they're my third-favorite type of Sim to play. I believe Hanne will LOVE playing with him. :)

Thanks Mia :) Writing has always come naturally for me and I used to write sims 2 stories all the time. I haven't done it for 3 though, I'm not sure why. Kia is a lot of fun so I hope he brings you a few smiles if you decide to use him at some point.
  • Options
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Aww that's a bit of a sad start! Those pictures made me laugh but that is kind of sad too. On top of everything making those faces on photos for everyone to see... ;)
    I never played with werewolves so really curious to see the rest of the story you made!

Although it sounds like a sad start Kia is pretty content....for now... but there's a few things that he thinks can make him happy but he needs a sim Goddess like Hanne to help him reach those goals.
  • Options
    Thank you Addy, Dolphine, Arica, and Ciane! I'm so happy you are all enjoying it so far I just hope Hanne does! Lol
  • Options
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Fun story so far! I wonder what he has up his sleeve for Hanne? :*
    What is that big box he was digging around in?

Thanks Kgaff! :) The box is the Bee keeping box. I'm not sure what set it came with though. ;) Maybe someone else knows....
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Eccentric Hodge Podge is an aptly named cabin...a little bit of this, a little bit of that... but goes together quite nicely to suit a variety of interests!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Didn't the bee keeping just come with Supernatural?
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »

It could have I'll have to look next time I'm in game
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Love the werewolf, but really love the cabin. The story was amazing as well.
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »

It could have I'll have to look next time I'm in game
    Yes, it comes from Supernatural. Along with ghost peppers, you can use it to make firecracker shrimp. (Which makes no sense to me - where's the actual shrimp in the recipe?)

Tangent: When your Sim gets a wish to make a meal with honey, the ONLY dish I've ever found that works is the ghost firecracker shrimp recipe. Strange, huh? Adding honey to a dessert has never updated that wish for me.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @tanubanue You are such a good storyteller! I'm so intrigued; it's like a book I don't want to put down :blush:

Kia is such a sweetheart (not something I ever thought I would say about a werewolf, I must admit!)

"I was embarrassed and I was scared. I wasn't sure what to do." Poor Kia; I just want to hug him <3 Mission accepted; how can I help?!

"Kia invites her in and makes her waffles in his nightwear. Hanne doesn't mind the view" :open_mouth::wink::blush:

Kia holding chicks is adorable. So many great pics :smile:

OOHH! Inventions and "that guy" (totally forgotten his name XD Sorry blue-haired man!) Very interesting...

I'm so excited!

His cabin is great; so much nice greenery and flowers around :smile:

Thank you so much for this, tanu; I'm so looking forward to finding out more about Kia <3
  • Options
    I love both Kia and the cabin. The story you're writing is fantastic! I could tell he must be socially awkward almost right away, and it's so adorable on him. <3