Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a builder, I feel abandoned in Sims 4 :(

Comments

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I completely agree. The build mode is extremely restricted. It just seems half done to me. I gotta say though, building a house is very easy and I think it works great. But it lacks so so much abilities. I feel like the whole build mode is just restricted to only being able to build simple american detached suburb houses. EA gets so many suggestions for build mode, but they haven't given us anything we really need.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's sad seeing the Sims has always embodied player creativity along with all the other aspects of the Sims. Ironically their logo for Sims 4 is You rule! Yet we cannot even add a hill or pond to our sims lots or place a single empty lot, or even easily change up anything in the neighborhood outside of the pitiful small lots they give us. We have to build where they say we build and cannot extend a single neighborhood.

Tell me again Maxis - WHO actually RULES in Sims 4 as it certainly is not us - the purchasers of this product. I see that statement for Sims 4 total fraud. We build where Maxis allows us to build and for world builders there is nothing. Funny way to express WE RULE in Sims 4. I care to very much differ with you on that for sure. It should be in Sims 4 Maxis rules.

Boy, you sure said a mouthful there @Writin_Reg and I agree with every word of it! ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @Neia they could probably add a drop down ladder. A lot of older homes (especially the style Sims 4 brought with the base game) have them, and they're really cool. Attics can be made already, to a certain degree, but it would be cool to make a more realistic one.

I'm thinking about converted attics, or more generally rooms that aren't the full wall size everywhere, but with wallpapers, roof windows, stairs to go there, etc. Perhaps attics isn't the proper word for that, but there are a really common type of rooms even in recent houses where I live.

I'm talking about things like this :

qZrlm49.jpg

ucY4ieql.jpg

AQ1Z3J0.jpg

I love rooms like these!

I am hopeful for attic rooms to happen officially. Sims can already use attic space to some degree, and you can freely place usable objects within a block or two of the roof edge (depending on the slope). It's not treated as an interior room, and the roof underside is ugly, but I really think they could expand on this for us.

For now, I have some CC roof pieces to cover up the underside of the roof. Like this: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/149899433439/these-sloping-ceiling-pieces-are-so-great-now-im

It's still considered outside though, so the lighting is kind of weird. And since we don't have seasons yet, weather is not an issue. I do hope we get seasons, of course, but I imagine that'll make my attic rooms unusable.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    @pixiejuice That CC roof piece looks amazing! I also tried to make a room like the examples of @Neia in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hExG6S2wv0g

But like you said, the underside is very ugly and the lighting is terrible.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We could seriously use sky lights in Sims 4 among many other things - like ability to paint the underside of roofs to look like that picture.

I am not getting very good third floor type attic areas in Sims 4. It looks great to start with but more often than not the roof partly disappears after a while - especially when I try and build conical roofs.

And yes need ladders badly!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    @Neia they could probably add a drop down ladder. A lot of older homes (especially the style Sims 4 brought with the base game) have them, and they're really cool. Attics can be made already, to a certain degree, but it would be cool to make a more realistic one.

I'm thinking about converted attics, or more generally rooms that aren't the full wall size everywhere, but with wallpapers, roof windows, stairs to go there, etc. Perhaps attics isn't the proper word for that, but there are a really common type of rooms even in recent houses where I live.

qZrlm49.jpg

ucY4ieql.jpg

AQ1Z3J0.jpg

I love rooms like these!

I am hopeful for attic rooms to happen officially. Sims can already use attic space to some degree, and you can freely place usable objects within a block or two of the roof edge (depending on the slope). It's not treated as an interior room, and the roof underside is ugly, but I really think they could expand on this for us.

For now, I have some CC roof pieces to cover up the underside of the roof. Like this: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/149899433439/these-sloping-ceiling-pieces-are-so-great-now-im

It's still considered outside though, so the lighting is kind of weird. And since we don't have seasons yet, weather is not an issue. I do hope we get seasons, of course, but I imagine that'll make my attic rooms unusable.

I really want roof windows like in these pictures...guess I have to wait twenty more years to have roof windows. (skylight? windows)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

qZrlm49.jpg

ucY4ieql.jpg

AQ1Z3J0.jpg

I love rooms like these!

I really want roof windows like in these pictures...guess I have to wait twenty more years to have roof windows. (skylight? windows)

I'd be content with basement windows. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

qZrlm49.jpg

ucY4ieql.jpg

AQ1Z3J0.jpg

I love rooms like these!

Some nice egress windows would be a welcomed addition for me. It would add some realism as well as natural lighting to basements. I hate having to makeshift my own cause they don't look nice imo.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

qZrlm49.jpg

ucY4ieql.jpg

AQ1Z3J0.jpg

I love rooms like these!

Some nice egress windows would be a welcomed addition for me. It would add some realism as well as natural lighting to basements. I hate having to makeshift my own cause they don't look nice imo.

That would be neat!!
  • Options
    24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    There needs to be a builders expansion pack, focused solely on pleasing us for all of these letdowns. It should include more build options and updates to the game to include things that everyone misses, like the colour/style wheel!!!, ponds, raising/lowering terrain/constrainfloorelevation!!, and FRIEZES
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    24Lunaa wrote: »
    There needs to be a builders expansion pack, focused solely on pleasing us for all of these letdowns. It should include more build options and updates to the game to include things that everyone misses, like the colour/style wheel!!!, ponds, raising/lowering terrain/constrainfloorelevation!!, and FRIEZES

I apologize that this isn't really contributing to the discussion. I've been building in the Sims 3 for what, going on 8 years now. I still have to look up "placefriezes on" to check the spelling nearly every time. I don't know what it is about that word but I just go blank when it's time to type it.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I don't think that's going to happen because no one else would like it but builders
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    With every new addition to the Sims 4, as a builder, I am feeling more and more abandoned. Compared to previous versions of the Sims, at this point in development, we had a plethora of building tools and options (not to mention building cheats) compared to what we have now in the Sims 4. We have had no meaningful additions to building options since Sims 4 release. Sure, they throw us a small bone now and then to shut us up, but this is getting ridiculous with all of the restrictions placed on building (especially apartment building). When will the developers recognize how restrictive they are being to builders and start adding meaningful building tools and options? Sims 4 is starting to feel more and more like The Sims Online with all of the restrictions! Come on, builders.... we need to speak up!!! :s

EA/Maxis had so much on their plate, it's so many new things like their New Sims mobile, and new Sims 4 on the console . for play station and Xbox. That is not an easy task. but they did it.

So let's not be on about this. and let's just work with them and the Gurus to hear our voice and what needed.
    What we do not need to do is feel bad or abandoned. Because we are not.

Sure we want building tools. I am a builder and I can build on any platform mostly whatever I wish to build.
    Sure we have to be more creative, but yes we are creative.

Now first from listening to most builders we want platforms to be removed from objects such as fences and anything but the houses, and allow us to add them only if we wish,

Also, enable us to make different heights to our builds and platforms.
    This is most important to most builders. So let's just focus on that only for now. keep asking and we will get it :)
    Better to ask for one thing specifically then say I want building tools.

Remember they know what kind of tools their other games had. so if they want to they will give us those as well.
    ....meanwhile just get back in the game and keep building and enjoying building in the game. even if you do not want to send it to the gallery, keep it in your library.

They are not trying to forget about us the players, they were coming up with packs for us to still love playing.
    I believe we got a lot of good stuff packs, and to me, it was better than giving a half done EP . and it did keep us happy, most of us.
    They do not just want to throw something at us to say they did it. but instead, they want to keep us happy with our gameplay.

So being depressed or talking to people who try to keep you depressed about Sims 4 or any other sims games is not at all the way to go.

So I say keep building. Look at all the wonderful creations in the gallery. If they did it so can other builders.

But I do think we need the platform fix and I think we will get that. :)

Builders are strong and creative. We like a challenge. :) Let us see how many builders can make Windenburg full Medieval, with a medieval market place. Let's do it. <3
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Better to ask for one thing Pacific then say I want building tools.

Honey, you might want to use Spell Check, before you go posting a half page with double spacing and bold, to criticize everyone on this thread for wanting a better gaming experience.

I'm sure there are about 40 to 50 other threads on this forum that are positive happy happy joy joy threads, that you could participate in.

Let the rest of us continue our discussion.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    thevogel wrote: »
    Better to ask for one thing Pacific then say I want building tools.

Honey, you might want to use Spell Check, before you go posting a half page with double spacing and bold, to criticize everyone on this thread for wanting a better gaming experience.

I'm sure there are about 40 to 50 other threads on this forum that are positive happy happy joy joy threads, that you could participate in.

Let the rest of us continue our discussion.

:(
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    blah,blah :D:p and don't worry about your double talk you will most likely grow out of it Lol. :) Happy simming Honey <3<3o:)

LOL so lame....Honey!
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Lol, I think someone in this thread has been drinking too much nectar...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    :(:( ...........
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    With every new addition to the Sims 4, as a builder, I am feeling more and more abandoned. Compared to previous versions of the Sims, at this point in development, we had a plethora of building tools and options (not to mention building cheats) compared to what we have now in the Sims 4. We have had no meaningful additions to building options since Sims 4 release. Sure, they throw us a small bone now and then to shut us up, but this is getting ridiculous with all of the restrictions placed on building (especially apartment building). When will the developers recognize how restrictive they are being to builders and start adding meaningful building tools and options? Sims 4 is starting to feel more and more like The Sims Online with all of the restrictions! Come on, builders.... we need to speak up!!! :s

EA/Maxis had so much on their plate, it's so many new things like their New Sims mobile, and new Sims 4 on the console . for play station and Xbox. That is not an easy task. but they did it.

So let's not be spoil babies about this. and let's just work with them and the Gurus to hear our voice and what needed.
    What we do not need to do is feel bad or abandoned. Because we are not.

Sure we want building tools. I am a builder and I can build on any platform mostly whatever I wish to build.
    Sure we have to be more creative, but yes we are creative.

Now first from listening to most builders we want platforms to be removed from objects such as fences and anything but the houses, and allow us to add them only if we wish,

Also, enable us to make different heights to our builds and platforms.
    This is most important to most builders. So let's just focus on that only for now. keep asking and we will get it :)
    Better to ask for one thing specifically then say I want building tools.

Remember they know what kind of tools their other games had. so if they want to they will give us those as well.
    ....meanwhile just get back in the game and keep building and enjoying building in the game. even if you do not want to send it to the gallery, keep it in your library.

They are not trying to forget about us the players, they were coming up with packs for us to still love playing.
    I believe we got a lot of good stuff packs, and to me, it was better than giving a half done EP . and it did keep us happy, most of us.
    They do not just want to throw something at us to say they did it. but instead, they want to keep us happy with our gameplay.

So being depressed or talking to people who try to keep you depressed about Sims 4 or any other sims games is not at all the way to go.

So I say keep building. Look at all the wonderful creations in the gallery. If they did it so can other builders.

But I do think we need the platform fix and I think we will get that. :)

Builders are strong and creative. We like a challenge. :) Let us see how many builders can make Windenburg full Medieval, with a medieval market place. Let's do it. <3

Go read my thread I just wrote, about frustration with building, foiled on every turn. I'm sorry, I can't be all wine and roses, rainbows and unicorns when it comes to the stuff I mentioned in that thread. When you have an idea in your head then go try to do that idea and you don't even have a way to bring that idea into fruition...then it's not about keeping other people 'down' but about the game is so limited you can only build within the box of possiblities not outside the box of possibilites....why build if all if it's all cookie cutter inside the box ideas we could do before in any game. The great thing about past games was we could build outside the box of idea. So, sorry frustration and aggravation wins the day today.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    "The games were in fact originally designed as an architecture simulation alone."
    http://www.sims-hr.com/sims-games-a-brief-introduction.html

Sims games have always been focused and designed for the builder...The evolution of building in the sims games should be off the chart with 4.
    This is expected from simmers that create, and build in their games.
  • Options
    How I feel about whats going on, First of all, People on this post are all Sims Fans, Not anyone else. We are simmers.
    How I feel about what we need in the game. I hope each and everyone gets what will make them happy in their game. I feel everyone is important, from the romantic simmers, to the ones that want swings, and also the builders. and everyone in between. even the sims 3 players, and sims 2. we all love the Sims. While I may want things I can not make it happen, any faster than anyone else. I do not need attention, and I do not want it. I do not need fans, and I will not respond to that sort of talk. I want everyone to enjoy their sims games and not feel depressed or abandoned because you are important. bye bye and Happy simming :)<3
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I don't think that's going to happen because no one else would like it but builders
    Not true. There are many simmers out there who can't be pigeonholed. I love family play, I love adventuring, I love playing one sim, I love building, I love creating a sim, I love playing the game, I love storytelling. I love it all as long as it's done right. Can't imagine I'm the only one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Not true. There are many simmers out there who can't be pigeonholed. I love family play, I love adventuring, I love playing one sim, I love building, I love creating a sim, I love playing the game, I love storytelling. I love it all as long as it's done right. Can't imagine I'm the only one.

but you like building that makes you a builder @JoAnne65
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

but you like building that makes you a builder @JoAnne65
    Yes, I see what you mean and to some extent that's true of course, but only under the right circumstances ;) I only like building in Sims 3 and CASt plays a very important part in that. And I only like building for my sims, not for the heck of it. I've never built anything without a sim living a life there.
    5JZ57S6.png