Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a builder, I feel abandoned in Sims 4 :(

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    I feel the main problem with building on sims 4 is the foundations. When we build a home. of course, you do not want to sit it on the ground. so you add a foundation. well, that part looks good when done.

Then you go on to build a fence around the home to add a gate, seems easy enough, but what happens? the gate and fence have the same foundation as the home. truly making the gate unusable. and also it looks bad.
    This problem ruins most builds.

They tried a workaround for inside foundation walls, you add the foundation walls, and remove the floor. this becomes the lower level. but the foundation wall is not able to accept new textures. other than ones used for foundations. so it never matches the room walls and is unsightly.

While we need even more tools for sculpting our land, adding ponds that look like real ponds. perhaps even the ability to raise and lower land and natural rivers. to blend in. If they can add this to seasons or a completely New City pack, that's empty Land, that's truly Modafiabal. That would take a different type of surface and would be and more expensive Game. that Land would have to have water just beneath the surface. so when you lower the land you get river water and not empty spaces or darkness.
    To me, when people want expensive things they are always ready to pay for them. I know I would.

I do not think anyone here wants an online world where builders can go in and just build cities or anything they can think of. and even upload what they build to the gallery. This would be something that would make all builders happy. :)

Sure this is stepping out of the box, But if it's what everyone wants? next, perhaps we could get this or some ideas like this in Sims 5.
    We could call it Builders Worlds.

I am happy the builders are finally getting more attention. and not just picked as favorites, building means so much more than just that.

Looking forward to our Toddler Pack. maybe we will have the ability to build them sandboxes. <3B)

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I feel the main problem with building on sims 4 is the foundations. When we build a home. of course, you do not want to sit it on the ground. so you add a foundation. well, that part looks good when done.

Then you go on to build a fence around the home to add a gate, seems easy enough, but what happens? the gate and fence have the same foundation as the home. truly making the gate unusable. and also it looks bad.

They tried a workaround for inside foundation walls, you add the foundation walls, and remove the floor. this becomes the lower level. but the foundation wall is not able to accept new textures. other than ones used for foundations. so it never matches the room walls and is unsightly.

<3B)

You can have a fence that doesn't have a foundation in the game. You just begin to drag it from the ground where there is no foundation.
    And I really want normal ponds. There just has to be a lot more added in build mode imo.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    DragonIce851DragonIce851 Posts: 4 New Member
    The way the game approaches building is great, but nothing matches. I don't mind not having CASt, because it makes the game run smoother, but it'd be nice if items could actually complement each other. Items are mostly haphazard and it's HELL to find something that looks like it actually fits. Too many clutter items, in my opinion. Sure, making a house look lived in is nice, but it's useless if none of the furniture matches.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

<3B)

You can have a fence that doesn't have a foundation in the game. You just begin to drag it from the ground where there is no foundation.
    And I really want normal ponds. There just has to be a lot more added in build mode imo.

Yep. It's a bit of hassle, especially remembering it, though it does work.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    The way the game approaches building is great, but nothing matches. I don't mind not having CASt, because it makes the game run smoother, but it'd be nice if items could actually complement each other. Items are mostly haphazard and it's plum to find something that looks like it actually fits. Too many clutter items, in my opinion. Sure, making a house look lived in is nice, but it's useless if none of the furniture matches.
    CASt doesn't cause the game to run less smoothly. Too much CC does. CAS and building mode take ages to load in Sims 3 because a million items per category have to be loaded first when you own a lot of packs, Store items and CC. That system in Sims 3 is a drag and they improved it in 4. But it's got nothing to do with CASt.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    Is there a petition for this idea? :) Will it help? If it was more closely related to a simulation it would have those feature! Even having the sim build your house like in real life! :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited August 2017
    Is there a petition for this idea? :) Will it help? If it was more closely related to a simulation it would have those feature! Even having the sim build your house like in real life! :)

Petitions don't generally work.

What I would suggest is for the team to take a good, hard, look at actual architecture. Homes with separate garages. Car ports. Staircases. Live-attics. Homes with landscaping.

How do windows work on basements? How does roofing compliment a home? How would it be possible to allow a player to build anything (within reason) from a small rancher to an elaborate estate? How could they build a run-down shack to a filthy-rich mansion? I think that's what they should be thinking of when designing and working on build mode.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I build better on Sims 4 I like building better here then sims 3. I need to get to know everyone on here better.

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    » show previous quotes

I am happy that you did try to help me for this problem, but your answer was right but the problem still remains to be understood. Now, most may think that you're saying just drag it from an area away from the house and then you will not have a foundation. Because most people would not start their fence touching the home at all. So they will still get the foundation, Why.? because by Default that's the tool we are using. walls with foundations. so every wall will have that foundation.

But if we go to our kitchen counters for example. we are on auto add counters. So no matter how hard you try you will not get the round off counters or the corner ones. that's because you have to click the auto place to off.. then click on the counters and that will show all the different Types. round and ends ones also corner ones.
    That's really nice for customizing your kitchen counters.

Ok back to the Fence problem. This problem does have an answer, as NickSims knows Just if you only see what was written to do, that will not help you Because you need to do more than just drag your fence or wall from the ground, not near the house.
    So what is the True easy way, It's a lot like the kitchen counters :):D

When you're in Build mode and you have clicked on the fence or have it highlighted, to the right you see little pictures of what type of fence you may want. but right before the pictures, you have 3 choices, and that's where you find your help and answers Yay. first one is 1. Place fences by drawing 2. Place fences by enclosure - creates an enclosed area with fences :) 3. Replace fences - use this when substituting an existing wall with fences 3 is the one I would never want to use, and its the one we get by default Why give us the worst fence tool by default.?? @NickSims <3<3<3<3 Thank you, if not for you I would have never found out, So maybe we have a lot more tools already given to us that some do not know about.

If you know any building tool secrets even if you think everyone knows, please share them.
    That way more builders will be happy, I have a big :D on my face. I can now go make my Medieval world. this was the only thing that was stopping me. the answer was already there. Wow. So what else do you know about NickSims :) . May help us to have New builders help page. I am so excited to build now. (sorry just, my main problem just left.)
    Ok back on topic, what tools do we need now? lol
    Yes different foundation heights, that's needed. for sure lol.

NickSims, ,drake_mccarty,ehaught58 Stormsview?? fakes or real builders, That is the question?
    @honestsimmer said everytime someone do try to support the builders, they do not respond, even run and hide, People that do things like that is fake. Just a made up Thread. They don't want builder tools. they just want to add to their group of off site building. Fake threads for Fake builders.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    NickSims, Kremesch73,drake_mccarty,ehaught58 ?? fakes or real builders, That is the question?

I used ehaught58's builds in the Sims 2 and Sims 3. He is a wonderful builder, not the MOO heavy screenshots only builds or trying to cram everything you can get onto a lot, but simple functional and architectural impressive working lots. He has a rather nice world for Sims 3 too. It's a loss to the simming community to not have him creating town staples like he has in previous incarnations of the game. The switch to Sims 4 marked the loss of many of my favorite builders, they just aren't interested in the game anymore.

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I absolutely agree that EA should listen to their customers because, speaking for myself, I have spent a fair amount of time in the past complaining that everything that originally attracted me to the game in Sims 3, was taken out of Sims 4. I have tried on numerous occasions to enjoy Sims 4. I honestly have!

I spent so much time on Sims 3, and bought nearly everything available for it; I was completely hooked on that game. But Sims 4? No matter how often I have opened up the game, I've found too many limitations and it's annoyed me so much I've had to close off the game in frustration every single time. The result is that I've now abandoned the whole game. Totally! I'm out! The only reason I've come back on here today is on the off chance that I might discover they've added something, even just one thing, to the game that I might enjoy, but no, they haven't. Everything is exactly the same, even after all this time. Nothing to look forward to; nothing new; just ......nothing!

I can't create a world in my imagination and then build it; I can't edit a town (there are NO towns anyway) or add lots in unique areas like I used to; I can't create any patterns and share them, I can't make items of furniture match up with other furniture; there are no cars to be seen so there are no driveways, no garages, no bicycles, no ponds, and no CASt. I can't have a sim roam around in open countryside, place a lot on the beach or deep within a forest, or recreate any house I've ever lived in because nothing matches the way I want it to. I can't do anything the way I want to, unlike Sims 3 where the possibilities were just totally endless. Sims 4 is so limiting it's unbelievable, in nearly every respect.

So as time passes and nothing changes, it seems EA are saying, well, we don't care; you're just one customer and we can do without you and my reply to that would be 'You know what? I can do without you too.' And I am. I've had to because it's clear to me that this game isn't going to come up with anything I'm interested in, or include anything that has previously attracted me to the Sims, ever. What a pity though, because if they were to offer a full Sims game, as they did with Sims 3, and once again cater for all those customers they deliberately chose to ignore when they created Sims 4, they would find me more than willing to show my appreciation by once again opening my purse and taking an interest in what they had to offer. Instead, they continue to ignore me and others like me, so now, I'm ignoring them, not because I want to but because I have no choice. So far, it seems EA are incapable of offering me anything that has previously caused me to become addicted to the Sims. I don't think I will ever forgive them for that. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2017

NickSims, Kremesch73,drake_mccarty,ehaught58 ?? fakes or real builders, That is the question?
    @honestsimmer said everytime someone do try to support the builders, they do not respond, even run and hide, People that do things like that is fake. Just a made up Thread. They don't want builder tools. they just want to add to their group of off site building. Fake threads for Fake builders.

What an absurd thing to say. I knew about the fence from the get-go. I was also the first to build and upload a houseboat during the tiny home challenge way back. I prefer building my own worlds and building for myself though. Most I ever really shared in the S4 gallery were my challenge homes. I confess they're not my best work.

https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=kremesch&max=50&maxis=false

Edit: most of those were when we were experimenting early on to see how far we could push the limits of build mode. I'm well-aware of what I can and can't do with it. They're not my normal builds and not really anything I would play in. I don't have an imaging host any more or I could totally spam this thread with what I really do in my games.

Oh yeah. There's also the build I did of the original Resident Evil Mansion. I did a Youtube slideshow of it to avoid heavy picture spam. I never uploaded the build because you'd have to be completely insane to want to play in it, but I still have it. It was a very challenging build done on the first available 64 x 64 lot given to us with GT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQo7GNeZtrY

Most of my builds are built with practicality in mind though. I build to play.

How about. you. answer the rude question you asked: Am I a fake?

No CC was used.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    [Am I a fake?

Produce your certificate of authenticity immediately!

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I don't think there is a lot they can feasibly do to build mode now. Obviously everything is technically possible but my hunch is that there would be so much to unravel to get back to where we can sculpt terrain and actually still build on it for example, that it would be judged as excess use of budget.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Pary wrote: »

*pulls out clown school certificate to show to everyone*

Oh no. Wait...

No... that's about right. :/

IngeJones I unfortunately agree. It's too long in now for them to make any major changes to build mode. I feel any changes they make at this point would be primarily cosmetic.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

What an absurd thing to say. I knew about the fence from the get-go. I was also the first to build and upload a houseboat during the tiny home challenge way back. I prefer building my own worlds and building for myself though. Most I ever really shared in the S4 gallery were my challenge homes. I confess they're not my best work.

https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=kremesch&max=50&maxis=false

Edit: most of those were when we were experimenting early on to see how far we could push the limits of build mode. I'm well-aware of what I can and can't do with it. They're not my normal builds and not really anything I would play in. I don't have an imaging host any more or I could totally spam this thread with what I really do in my games.

Oh yeah. There's also the build I did of the original Resident Evil Mansion. I did a Youtube slideshow of it to avoid heavy picture spam. I never uploaded the build because you'd have to be completely insane to want to play in it, but I still have it. It was a very challenging build done on the first available 64 x 64 lot given to us with GT.

No CC was used.

Awesome I love it. it's a beautiful build. So if you can build like that why stop? 1 name removed

Your build looks perfect, If anyone is looking for perfect, don't look at my builds lol
    I only build for fun here. not for the fun of building but for your sims to have fun. therefore they are never perfect but yea they are fun, most, it's not like we have a lot of animated things to work with to make fun things. how can we make an amusement park with no animated rides for sims to use. so to me why even try.? I know some Mods use scripts
    but we would need a scripting language from EA to start with that type build.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I didn't stop. I went to sims 3. I got tired of waiting for improvements that never happened.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm glad I could help out @Stormsview!
    NickSims, ,drake_mccarty,ehaught58 Stormsview?? fakes or real builders, That is the question?
    But I don't really get the point with this quote that you wrote.
    Is there such a thing like a fake or real builder???
    What are you exactly accusing me of?
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No CC was used.

No, I am not a fake builder?. But I would be a lot better builder if I had better builder tools. First, my heart has to be in my builds or I will not build. I do not build here for money, and I do not build to be favorite. Not saying any of you do. I only build to make simmers happy with things for the sim family to do, without loading screens.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I don't think there is a lot they can feasibly do to build mode now. Obviously everything is technically possible but my hunch is that there would be so much to unravel to get back to where we can sculpt terrain and actually still build on it for example, that it would be judged as excess use of budget.

• Options
    No worries. I've been building since Sims 1. I don't normally share my builds though. The only reason I have anything in the S4 gallery is because they were challenges.

Like I said, I build for myself. I like practical builds that are playable as well as aesthetic. I do tend to decorate and landscape, but I try to stay away from build cheats like MOO and constrainelevation. I find those usually cause problems in-game.In the end, I'm not out to impress anyone but myself.

I have some very beautiful builds I play in, as well as some very simple homes. I also rarely build on lots larger than 20 x 20. I have a few bigger ones, but not many. Smaller is better for me.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    [Am I a fake?

Thanks for the chuckle. :D:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    What are you exactly accusing me of?s

your question
    Is there such a thing as a fake or real builder?
    You just have to take the world builder out of context. so not as a builder in sims 4 or any other sims games.
    Now only put the world Builder as in this Thread, us Builders. Got it?

We Need tools, builders tools all simmers
  • Options

your question
    You just have to take the world builder out of context. so not as a builder in sims 4 or any other sims games.

We Need tools, builders tools. If a "builder" only comes to this thread once a month. while a couple of his friends are also online. This would be the only time that month they speak on it. or every two months. So what would the Gurus think, Maybe they should help. but then they look and it been over a month and the thread is dead. so it must not have been so important..
    So real builder really want the tools.
    A fake builder does not really care. maybe because they went back to sims 3. or just do not care anymore. Real builders that want change need to keep at asking more. letting them see we are active and want help. Not just give a sad comment and leave for a month?
    Then maybe if they see how important it is to us builders, they will feel its important. enough to help
    So a Real builder is the ones that will not give up so easy?

Ah okay. I get what you mean. I'm defenitely am starting to lose faith in the team behind The Sims 4. But I couldn't turn my back on the game, because I'm just too addicted to building. However I probably won't be buying any new content that they release, since a lot of the DLC's that they have created aren't really adding anything for the game.
    But I don't think that it's helpful to keep asking for more, because we are being heard by the gurus I feel. They just don't do anything about it. I mean, so many builders have already posted their problems with the game. But it hasn't led up to anything.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options

your question

We Need tools, builders tools. If a "builder" only comes to this thread once a month. while a couple of his friends are also online. This would be the only time that month they speak on it. or every two months. So what would the Gurus think, Maybe they should help. but then they look and it been over a month and the thread is dead. so it must not have been so important..
    So real builder really want the tools.
    A fake builder does not really care. maybe because they went back to sims 3. or just do not care anymore. Real builders that want change need to keep at asking more. letting them see we are active and want help. Not just give a sad comment and leave for a month?
    Then maybe if they see how important it is to us builders, they will feel its important. enough to help
    So a Real builder is the ones that will not give up so easy?

Ah okay. I get what you mean. I'm defenitely am starting to lose faith in the team behind The Sims 4. But I couldn't turn my back on the game, because I'm just too addicted to building. However I probably won't be buying any new content that they release, since a lot of the DLC's that they have created aren't really adding anything for the game.
    But I don't think that it's helpful to keep asking for more, because we are being heard by the gurus I feel. They just don't do anything about it. I mean, so many builders have already posted their problems with the game. But it hasn't led up to anything.

Ok, I understand you.
    suppose we had a list of whats needed. that way we can come in once a week each builder and repost the list. if we agree and still want these things. maybe they will pay attention. most of what is needed to keep builders happy is simple.
    of course, you always have the one that wants to say well we need the whole game revamped to fit all of this or that.
    While I would love land sculpting tools. I do not need it to be a happy sims 4 builder. So I would rather they keep the list to something easy on the budget. and will keep most builders happy.

I agree with everything drake_mccarty said, it's perfectly true. Please read his full post, the first page I think, The reason I agree with his post is that he is right on point with what builders need and he is not excessive. That way it will not scare off the Gurus thinking it's outside of the budget. I think we could get the things on his list. it's simplified. Then re-post on this or any fitting builders discussion.