Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    This is quite possibly the most incoherent short story I've submitted. Knowing all the others, that's saying something.

But hopefully this will suffice as my submission until everyone else's good entries come in:

The First Cut Is The Deepest
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the most incoherent short story I've submitted. Knowing all the others, that's saying something.

But hopefully this will suffice as my submission until everyone else's good entries come in:

The First Cut Is The Deepest

Yay! Congratulations on getting an entry in! :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'll be doing an entry, but just For Fun this month. I'd decided last month I'd be doing that this time when I got this idea so thankfully I don't have to spend hours editing down my picture set. That takes such a ridiculously long amount of time, heh.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    My story is finished, it is for the For Fun category this month.

Before the Wrinkly One (yes, it is a Cat Chronicles spin-off, so if you don't like that, worry not; it's For Fun so you can just skip it!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I have just returned from a trip and I am so far behind .. I will hope to get rolling but eek
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @lisabee2 I've been out of town as well :) You have through Friday to get entries in.
  • Options
    Here's my entry for this month: The First War
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My story is finished, it is for the For Fun category this month.

Before the Wrinkly One (yes, it is a Cat Chronicles spin-off, so if you don't like that, worry not; it's For Fun so you can just skip it!)

It is adorable .. but SAD :(
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I've been out of town as well :) You have through Friday to get entries in.

I will give it a good try .. the bad thing about being gone is now that I am back everyone wants a piece of my pie and I have only a little left for me :) I hope tomorrow is nice and quiet :) I know what I want to write about ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Okay- I'm going to have to admit, I've been lurking since February. But I couldn't quite come up with a story back then. This theme excited me, but I wasn't sure I had any good scars to tell.

Then tonight I came home and started writing. (It's now WAAAAY too late and I have to work tomorrow, but I didn't want to risk loosing my momentum.) Thanks @mastressalita for your story which reminded me it's still March and not too late to submit and @lisabee2 for encouraging me!

On the Inside
    inside.png?w=400&h=200&crop=1
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Okay- I'm going to have to admit, I've been lurking since February. But I couldn't quite come up with a story back then. This theme excited me, but I wasn't sure I had any good scars to tell.

Then tonight I came home and started writing. (It's now WAAAAY too late and I have to work tomorrow, but I didn't want to risk loosing my momentum.) Thanks @mastressalita for your story which reminded me it's still March and not too late to submit and @lisabee2 for encouraging me!

On the Inside

You are welcome .. I am excited to read it
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    lisabee2 wrote: »

On the Inside

You are welcome .. I am excited to read it

ignore this post .. I accidentally quoted myself .. gosh i am such a forum PRO!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited March 2017

On the Inside

Awesome job Rae <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I think I might make it .. YIPPEE
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2 You can do it!! :)
  • Options
    I am on the home stretch ... running for the wire <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I am in with time to spare ...

Word of caution Lisabee is waxing a bit philosophical today .. but will she get cheesy again? LOL

[img][/img]03-26-17_10-07-56nbspPM_zpsw5vkdcu5.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-5-a-short-story-ridge/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    For anyone trying to make a last-minute entry, there's two and a half hours left :)
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Last minute? Who would do that? *snort*

Oh, yeah, me. haha

I've worked on this thing all month. I quit halfway through, and then picked it up again a few days later. I've never been more excited about a story. However, whether anyone understands it is still up in the air. I find my mind can conjure up fantastic story ideas and they play like pictures before my eyes, but I'm terrible at translating it to paper. Because of this, I wonder if I really should continue writing. It's why I give up and come back and give up and come back. The insecurity is horrible.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this story. :D

The Inside Tale
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Last minute? Who would do that? *snort*

Oh, yeah, me. haha

I've worked on this thing all month. I quit halfway through, and then picked it up again a few days later. I've never been more excited about a story. However, whether anyone understands it is still up in the air. I find my mind can conjure up fantastic story ideas and they play like pictures before my eyes, but I'm terrible at translating it to paper. Because of this, I wonder if I really should continue writing. It's why I give up and come back and give up and come back. The insecurity is horrible.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this story. :D

The Inside Tale

I understand that perfectly @lovesstorms .. I have to "chew" on mine a long time before i can get it form my head to "paper" :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited May 2017

April’s Theme: Expect the Unexpected

April Fool’s Day is here, which means lots of silly pranks and jokes! For this month, put an unexpected twist or development into your story. Maybe it turns out that the murder was actually a very cruel joke, or that a character’s perception of an event was just completely off. Whatever you do, make sure to have fun with it!

Special Rules: For this month, have some extra fun with 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions:
    Hunted by @Weathie
    Yandere Days by @mastressalita
    Seeing is Believing by @Arrowleaf
    About You by @Cement
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • Options
    @lovesstorms That's great that you got your entry in!
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sorry about being so late today.
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for March 17 winners is open at this time. It closes April 7th 11:59pm Central Time.

Link to poll

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries :blush:
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Voted!

Hmmm, April twist, eh? I wonder what I can do for that?
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    :) voted .. scars was a pretty deep subject this month!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger