Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @ZeeGee - Aww thank you! I've just made a new one over in the Builders section because well, I (and all other TS3 creators) was there first! Haha - such a mature attitude to have!

But I will check out the new place, too! <3
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I am not going to bother making a thread in the second TS4 creative corner here. If I want to post something, I'll put it in TS3 GD, and if it gets moved, I will simply move it back. If they can't be bothered to give us a CC of our own, then I'll just post my TS3 creations in the TS3 sections.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    I am not going to bother making a thread in the second TS4 creative corner here. If I want to post something, I'll put it in TS3 GD, and if it gets moved, I will simply move it back. If they can't be bothered to give us a CC of our own, then I'll just post my TS3 creations in the TS3 sections.

That's a good point @Pary but the Builders section was never a TS4 section. It just seems a lot of Simmers of TS4 decided to post in the original CC. That whole section needs to go or all iterations should fall under it instead of having two for TS2 and TS4. Although funny, I don't often come across TS2 creations in the CC.

Had the forums not been merged, I'd still have my thread in the Builders section along with all other TS3ers.
  • Options
    No it never originally was TS4, but it certainly is now. I am just so tired of having to wade through TS4 trash to find a Sims 3 creations. I am sick of clicking a thread that sounds interesting, and finding out that it's yet another TS4 build that I have utterly no interest in. By the time I've done that half a dozen times, I can no longer even be bothered continuing looking for a house or whatever I was looking for in the beginning.

It really is no wonder many people post their builds and creations such offsite. For one, you can't even get a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 response from the staff after six months, not to mention that most of the time it looks like anything for TS3 gets buried under a mountain of stuff for TS4 because they allow posting of creations outside of the TS4 creative corner where they should belong.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    This thread is in my siggy now and I completely agree. Something needs to be done about it and the silence is appalling.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,089 Member
    The gurus must be busy with the game.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @simgurudrake is not involved with game development...or she was not at one time. She told us that multiple times. She is/was the community manager. I guess that only means for sims4 now. :(
  • Options
    Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member
    No it never originally was TS4, but it certainly is now. I am just so tired of having to wade through TS4 trash to find a Sims 3 creations. I am sick of clicking a thread that sounds interesting, and finding out that it's yet another TS4 build that I have utterly no interest in. By the time I've done that half a dozen times, I can no longer even be bothered continuing looking for a house or whatever I was looking for in the beginning.

It really is no wonder many people post their builds and creations such offsite. For one, you can't even get a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 response from the staff after six months, not to mention that most of the time it looks like anything for TS3 gets buried under a mountain of stuff for TS4 because they allow posting of creations outside of the TS4 creative corner where they should belong.

I can understand your frustrations but was it really necessary to call the Sims 4 builders' creations trash?
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @MiataPlay ,you're probably joking, but just in case you're not - the gurus in charge of the forums and the gurus developing the game are not the same people!

@Pary , I agree with @Cathound01 that the trash remark wasn't necessary. It just feeds into the narrative that there is some sort of deep divide and animosity between Sims 3 and Sims 4 players, while most people would just like play one of the games, or both of them, and post about it in peace.
    But I completely share your frustration with the Builders forum. I never go there because it's full of Sims 4 content which is of no use to me. Not because I hate the game or its players, but because I can't download it into my Sims 3 game. And I can't comment on all these threads with Sims 4 builds and ask "Why aren't you posting this in your own subforum?" because it would make me look like a horrible person.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Cathound01 wrote: »
    I can understand your frustrations but was it really necessary to call the Sims 4 builders' creations trash?

The red headed step child always starts to harbor resentment for the golden child (sims 4). Shame on you, EA, for creating this debacle and allowing it to continue. Worst company of the year indeed.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Maybe the gurus have been instructed not to respond to anyone with a TS3 avi :wink::lol:

Quick someone get a TS4 avi and post on behalf of lowly TS3!
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Maybe the gurus have been instructed not to respond to anyone with a TS3 avi :wink::lol:

:D
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »

:D

I joke but it definitely seems like TS3 is ignored by the gurus like it never happened. For example, they did giveaways for the 17th anniversary on twitter and they only gave away TS4 and TS2. I did my own giveaway for TS3 (and I'm not a big player on twitter) but I couldn't get an acknowledgement for it though various other Simmers did for giveaways for 2 & 4.

Apologies EA for liking an iterations that pushed the limits but you all seem to wish never happened.
  • Options
    they did giveaways for the 17th anniversary on twitter and they only gave away TS4 and TS2. I did my own giveaway for TS3 (and I'm not a big player on twitter) but I couldn't get an acknowledgement for it though various other Simmers did for giveaways for 2 & 4.

Apologies EA for liking an iterations that pushed the limits but you all seem to wish never happened.

Seriously?! I don't do Twitter so I'm out of the loop but that's just outrageous. Sims 3 is still being sold! And from the posts I've seen a lot of new people are trying it out. Sims 2 isn't even being sold anymore!!
  • Options
    @ZeeGee - serious as a heart attack.
  • Options

I did not single out any builders, any creator, it was a blanket remark. Yes, I find TS4 as trash. I don't like it at all.
    I should have known someone would take some kind of offense. It IS the norm around here after all.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member

I did not single out any builders, any creator, it was a blanket remark. Yes, I find TS4 as trash. I don't like it at all.
    I should have known someone would take some kind of offense. It IS the norm around here after all.

Well good luck on getting your own Creative Corner. Until then you'll just have to sort through the trash.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

You are certainly being very offensive. The sooner both Sims3 and 4 have their own defined sections the better if the absence of them leads to "trashing" other people's work. I expect Sim4 simmers have the same problem with the Sims3 posts.
  • Options
    Gosh, if this keeps up maybe a guru will show up. Seems a crying shame that you have to diss a person though, and all she did was diss a game. I know what I find more offensive and it wasn't @pary.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Gosh, if this keeps up maybe a guru will show up. Seems a crying shame that you have to diss a person though, and all she did was diss a game. I know what I find more offensive and it wasn't @pary.

She didn't just diss a game. She said she didn't like wading through the Sims 4 trash. Those are builds created by Sims 4 players and she called them trash. What's offensive is you trying to defend her.
  • Options
    She didn't diss any builder or player...she dissed a game. Your cohort dissed a player. That is ok in your book and that is offensive to me.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited March 2017
    bekkasan wrote: »
    She didn't diss any builder or player...she dissed a game. Your cohort dissed a player. That is ok in your book and that is offensive to me.

My cohort? I have no idea who you're referring to.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    You are certainly being very offensive. The sooner both Sims3 and 4 have their own defined sections the better if the absence of them leads to "trashing" other people's work. I expect Sim4 simmers have the same problem with the Sims3 posts.

Actually Sims 4 DOES have its own defined section, yet continues to use the Sims 3 section because it's not clearly marked.

See what you've done, gurus? Shame on you.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm nobody's cohort thank you.

I play both games and Sims 2 but do not like the general trashing (as I said before) of other people's efforts so casually. Please read her comment again with comprehension turned on.
  • Options
    Once again, there is a difference between dissing a game and dissing a player, thanks for the diss by the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top