The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanu's Last Rodeo - Gift Exchange .... Calling FriendsFan367

Hello FriendsFan367 ..... I am your buddy!

I will admit I was both happy and nervous about pulling your name. The downside for me was you did not give a lot of into in your letter to really go on BUT this in the end turned out to be a good thing for me since it let me *think* "Outside of the Box" - I have several things for you that will come out slowly over the week.

I wanted to make sure that there was a bit of background/story for you to go on - to help give you something to play with.

First up is Nicoletta Atkins ...... She is an Elder with lots of 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Here is a little bit about her ......

f2e0cee25e2a939cbb029dff9380dd91.jpg

Nicoletta was raised on her parent’s farm where she worked from sun up to well past sunset. Her parents worked very hard and had very little. She learned early in life the value of a dollar, and decided she did not want to be poor - so she set out in life to make that happen! No more pulling weeds and planting crops in her future no it is time she set out to find herself a better life!

Nicoletta was always a looker and she knew just the right thing to say no matter who she was talking too. She married young, a handsome man who come from a long line of CEO, Doctors and Lawyers. While at first she married him for money it did not take long before Jackson Atkins was her everything! When he pasted her left her everything! Now the couples only son - Jackson Jr (or as her prefers to be called Jake) has found himself in a rough situation. Will Nicoletta step in and help her only son or will she live out the rest of her days in her Mansion alone?

Created By Skymyst For FriendsFan367 for Tanu's Last Rodeo Gift Exchange July/August 2016.

You can Find The Download Link Here .....

Nicoletta Atkins (Elder) - Straight out of CAS: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968320

149a203f05131f004f8341ac0dfcddff.jpg

Hope you like Nicoletta - she is a ton of fun to play!

Stay Tuned!
More to come soon!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Even though Nicoletta is an elder sim, she's still a looker! Will she live the good life alone or will she help her son with his situation? Time will tell.

**looks at clock** LOL
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Sky - What a sweet looking sim! I could just see her when she was young and living in her "heyday"; chasing all the boys away. LOL

**Will rec later
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I love a good back story. And this fits the bill! Now we all wonder what Jake has in store for himself!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    She looks so amazing!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    First thing that came to my mind was Classy, she's a classy looking lady!!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    It's hard to find good elder sims! Nicoletta is wonderful! And so stylish!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    @Skymyst Love Nicoletta's back story and think you've done a great job making an elder sim - they are tough! Love the hairstyle on her. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    First of all Thank You All for your Kind Comments .... Nicoletta was a ton of fun too make and she is a hoot to play!

@friendsfan367 - Forgive me for not getting your next gift up yesterday it has been a rough few days. I am working on a few things now but may or may not be able to get it completely up before I have to run to see my heart doctor. BUT, if for some reason Nicoletta's son Jack is not up by then I promise I will get it finished when I get back. My bloody heart went back into A-Fib and has been given me nothing but trouble - so I am sorry I am behind. I worked well ahead and just knew I was going to be on time this time too *pouts*

Until then let me give you a sneak peek of Jack (Jackson Jr.) Atkins. With his mother being such a looker it should come as no shock she passed down the "good-looking" gene to him.

screenshot_original.jpg

So stay tuned ......
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Skymyst wrote: »
    First of all Thank You All for your Kind Comments .... Nicoletta was a ton of fun too make and she is a hoot to play!

@friendsfan367 - Forgive me for not getting your next gift up yesterday it has been a rough few days. I am working on a few things now but may or may not be able to get it completely up before I have to run to see my heart doctor. BUT, if for some reason Nicoletta's son Jack is not up by then I promise I will get it finished when I get back. My bloody heart went back into A-Fib and has been given me nothing but trouble - so I am sorry I am behind. I worked well ahead and just knew I was going to be on time this time too *pouts*

Until then let me give you a sneak peek of Jack (Jackson Jr.) Atkins. With his mother being such a looker it should come as no shock she passed down the "good-looking" gene to him.

screenshot_original.jpg

So stay tuned ......

my dad has heart problems so i understand . hes so cute.
  • Options
    For your second Gift @friendsfan367 I want you to meet Jack AKA Jackson Jr Atkins. He is in the prime of his life and has so much going for him. Only you know how life likes to throw curve balls at people and Jack is no acceptation (which you will learn about soon).

screenshot_original.jpg

Jack gets his good looks from his mother Nicoletta! Jack is well know for many things for example he is handy with a wrench and LOVES the outdoors and his favorite thing in the world is cars! Always one for staying healthy and in shape, it is little surprise he has always been lucky with the ladies! Now, Jack has always been a brave man, ready to try new things. But is he ready for the news that is coming his way? Can he handle the newest adventure life is throwing his way? Only time will tell!

screenshot_original.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969370

He cleans up nicely ......

screenshot_original.jpg

He even looks cute in his PJs ....

screenshot_original.jpg

When working out it is all about comfort while still looking good for the ladies!

screenshot_original.jpg

So you now how Nicoletta and Jack - next learn what curve ball life threw at them.

I do hope you like what you see so far!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yes, Nicoletta is a looker but I'm sure Jackson Sr. must not have been too shabby himself since they produced Jack Jr. His hair coloring is an intriguing one and makes me wonder if it will carry down the line in future generations.

Edited to add:
    Sending-You-My-Brightest-Wishes-To-Say-Hope-You-Get-Well-Soon.gif
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Hope you get well soon @Skymyst! Both Nicolette and Jackson look awesome, his PJ's are fun too!
  • Options
    Jake or Jack certainly looks like a great sim to have around. I wonder what kind of problem faces him and if his mom can help.

I hope you get that ticker ticking along steadily soon.
  • Options
    Both Nicoletta and Jake are very handsome sims!! And I did see a younger version of Nicoletta in your studio, Sky. VERY pretty.

Try not to exert yourself too much, hon. Heart conditions are nothing to play at. I know. My late father had one. You just continue to rest and take care of YOU. {{gentle hugs}}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Thank you all! And, yes @MsPrissy88 - I had so much fun playing Nicoletta as an elder for a bonus gift I made her in the prime of her life. I still have a few more goodies up my sleeve of the wonderful @friendsfan367

Went to the doctor and they say my heart is working over time, with my heart rate between 160 - 210 WITH my normally meds. To make it worse the A-fib has my heart beating at an abnormally rate. This is not something they like to see in a 38 year old female. As you can guess they cranked my meds WAY WAY up and I have to go back on Tuesday the 30th to see if the new changes are helping any. In the meantime my family is on high alert and any signs of things going south my family will have me back in the bloody hospital. But, enough about that .... I have a bit of time this evening (I was told to rest rest rest as much as possible - so hubby says to enjoy my crafts and games some until Tuesday ...... We will see how well this actually goes, LOL)

So let me pop in game and see if I can finish a few touches on Friendsfan next gift!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @friendsfan367

So for your third gift I wanted to show you the curve ball life through at Jack. When I created this household I had been reading a romance book about a little orphan girl who grew up without a family because her parents did not want her .... so that is where the idea started to form. I of course hope you enjot Nicoletta, Jack and Tracy - I had a ton of fun making this family for you. So without further delay ........

So as you may or may not know, Jack had left home and was living on his own in a small one bedroom house, he tried hard to make ends meet but from time to time he had to call on his mother Nicoletta to help .... something she ALWAYS did.

Jack was a brave and handy guy who had a way with the ladies .. something he was always happy about. Jack never wanted to kids he loves cars and fixing things not children ......................

So you can imagine his surprise when he came home from a jog to find a toddler dropped off on his door with a note attached to her shirt saying .....

"I cannot be a parent, I tried, but I can not do it. I want a life and a little girl is not going to help me get who what I want. Since, you helped make this child you can raise her - Signed Tina T."

screenshot_original.jpg

Now Jack knew Tina she was his high school sweet heart, he cared about her and she cared about money - so when she found out he was leaving his mothers house and going to try to make ends meet on his own .... that was Tina's cue to leave. He knew they were together for almost 2 years ....... but surely the child wasn't his after all he was super careful! Wasn't he? Now what is a guy to do - he cannot turn the little baby away. Can he?

Not know what to do he did what he always had done ..... He called his mother!

Nicoletta showed up and scooped up the scared child.

screenshot_original.jpg

She took one look into little Tracy's eyes and she seen not only her son features but her late husbands eyes staring back at her .... she knew she could not turn this poor little girl away.

screenshot_original.jpg

After all there was plenty of room in her home for both of them .... and truth be told the big house was lonely with no one to share it. So in her mind it was settle Jack and Tracy would move in with her ...... The question is would her son agree?

Household Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969496

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Yay! I can see Grandma is going to spoil that little one rotten. I hope that Jackson becomes a great dad!
  • Options
    Really like how you introduced Tracy into the family! They should be an interesting family to play :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sky!! First off........ HOLY COW on your heart beating! :o That's just ..... w o w. I really really hope the new meds will help you. Oh my gawwwwwd. I wish we could ALL be there by your side to help you get through this. I love your hubby's thinking, tho! <3

Awwww... I agree with Addy. ^^ That really was/is a curveball for Jake! Let's hope Ms Nicoletta lives long enough to see her beautiful granddaughter grow into an even more beautiful child and teen.

Nice job!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Really like how you introduced Tracy into the family! They should be an interesting family to play :)
    ADWilson wrote: »

tracys itroduction was my favorite too. on netflix i watch this show called baby daddy. which is about this 20 something guy who lives with his brohter and roommate and he finds out hes a dad when his baby daughter is dropped off on his doorstep. i don't think i ever mentionrd the show or liking it so sky telling that story with tracey made me smile.
  • Options
    Yeah! So glad I picked something you think is cool. I really wanted to have a bit of fun with the family. At first I had thought about making a family who gained their wealth by art only the son Jack hates arts but then the idea for the baby came to me. I will have another gift up for you soon. So glad you like what you see so far.

@MsPrissy88 Yeah they tell me my heart is at stroke level. So it is important I bring it down. The meds help but I have to take a lot of them around the clock. Once they get a pattern of what works best dose and med wise I am hoping things stable out. In the meantime they tell me "not to get stress" I laughed and said how can someone "live their life" without stress! I home-school my kids that alone is STRESS! LOL That is why I love my crafts (I am a crocheter, jewelry maker, among other things). Since I can not hold down a 9 to 5 job, I create things to sell in hopes of helping my family bring in some money. Some weeks/months are better than others but that is what other things like Sims is for right?
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Oh wow, what an interesting story! I think I'll have to play this family when I get a chance! (Mixed in with all the other Sims and households I've been downloading from this exchange! Maybe I ought to start a new game, and populate it with only Sims from this exchange? That might be interesting!)
  • Options
    Thank you @MiaSkywalker ! I know what you mean, I have been snagging .... errr borrowing! Several goodies from this exchange as well. I think a new game with all gifts from this (or you could always do this one plus past exchanges - make that the "rule" for the world "Downloadable Content Must Be Made From One of the Forums Gift Exchanges ONLY". Could be an interesting challenge.

@friendsfan367 - So next up is a Bonus Gift I put together. It was not originally in the plans but since I had so much fun playing Nicoletta as an elder I could not help but wonder what she must have been like in her "hay-day" thus the idea of Bonus "Young Nicoletta" was born.

f32b26fd8262ca2f7e94e1746427f4f5.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968321

Nicoletta was raised on her parent’s farm where she worked from sun up to well past sunset. Her parents worked very hard and had very little. She learned early in life the value of a dollar, and decided she did not want to be poor - so she set out in life to make that happen! No more pulling weeds and planting crops in her future no it is time she set out to find herself a better life! Will she get that mansion she always dreamed about? Or will she find herself crawling back to her parents begging to come home?
  • Options
    YA or Elder, Nicoletta maintains her good looks! Her outfits are gorgeous and will get as much notice as she herself does. Would be mighty interesting to play both versions and see how her lives pan out.
  • Options
    Sky - I agree with Addy ^^ ..... When I saw Ms Young hottie in your studio, I immediately had to download her!! For her, I could see starting a game ohh, let's see -- maybe in Aurora Skies. She's surrounded by all the babies and tots, and dreams of one day having her own family. Then she meets her Jackson. They fall in love, get married, and have Jackson Jr (Jake). Well, by this time, Jackson Sr had already packed up and moved the family to go live in Lucky Palms. Money, flashing lights, and high stakes awaited!! Time moves forward, everyone ages up.... Jackson Sr had already passed, and Ms Young hottie (or rather, the now ELDERLY Ms Nicoletta) had become very wealthy. And this would be where you could begin the (maybe?) chapter of her story. With the now new granddaughter in their lives.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube