Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Now to binge read! :) I'm starting with @Kamio 's Selection Challenge... I REALLY love the books by Keira Cass!

*Whispers* Dominique is super awesome and I totally didn't submit her or anything :lol:
  • Options
    I'm starting/continuing Vee is for Vortex by @Julyvee94 first, I started it once but lost track of where I was :lol:
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Sterretjeee follow your like trail? That's what I do when I forget where I was with long stories XD I feel like I should start with your story bc I started reading it once but then lost track
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee follow your like trail? That's what I do when I forget where I was with long stories XD I feel like I should start with your story bc I started reading it once but then lost track

I am super glad you made your index divided per household. I left with the Calientes so I knew where to pick up :lol:

I have a table on content at the end of the first post, hope you can find where you left of :)
    If you're like: This happened last, I think I can help you find where to continue ;)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited May 2016
    So I start with the personal question. I will also answer them here already ;)

Real name (if you want to tell it, optional nickname you prefer): Maria

Do you have a pet: Yes a bird and a dog (Chihuahua)

Favourite season: summer, then I can go swimming in the lake near my home

Hobby (not playing sims): crotching, drawing/illustrating, playing with my dog

Dream job if everything is possible: book illustrator or alternative film animal trainer

Any sports you do? Swimming

Favourite food: I guess that is pizza for me and cookies

Favourite superhero: Wolverine

Favourite disney princess: Mulan

My favourite film right now: Guardians of the Galaxy

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: Lord of the rings with 8 years

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: the black magican trilogy

Book series you need to be continued: Reckless by Cornelia Funke

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: summer dresses

Picture of your simself:

TYIEKiu.png

Favourite sim right now (not Tony @Maladi777 ) and picture:
    Who guessed it? It is Luna from my Amazon Challenge

DCmqYX9.png

But I am also pretty much into this guy. It is Kandor and I made him for a voting

mWQvs12.png

First time you played sims happened what: my sister and I made ourselves in sims 1. Then my simself tried to cook. Good thing our sims survived but the grimm called and said that next time he would take me. Man I was scared :D

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: either something with family and new age groups or a supernatural one

Okay that is it for now. Maybe I have more later :)
    Post edited by Marialein on
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Wow I went to bed ad woke up to 27 notifications on this thread. We rock!! I wanted to pop in and post my links so you guys know I'm around :D I have a busy morning but I promise to be back later to post my thoughts on everything. This is going to be a great group!

-Current Stories-
    The Bachlorette: Disnye Sidekick Edition
    Disney Legacy: The Blancs

-Finished Stories-
    The Bachelor: Disney Princess Edition

-On Hold Stories-
    LAR: LIfe After Riverdale
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member
    Hey group B! How are y'all doing?

Group F is super quiet! So I decided I'd stop by and say hi to y'all! Have y'all decided on any name? And are y'all planning to read each other's works on particular days or as soon as the stories are updated?

We haven't figured anything out as yet, so I thought I'd ask how y'all were working this out.

Somehow, this feels like a school group project :lol: You know, asking your friends from other groups how much of the assigned task they've completed. :joy:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So I caught up with Vee for Vortex and am taking a small reading break now :lol:

@Marialein Loved learning some more about you! Pizza is definitely favourite-food worthy. We have something called the pizzavan, which will bake pizza in front of your house and it's delicious! :lol:
    What's your dog's name? I always wanted a chihuahua as kid, but now I prefer bigger dogs.:blush:

Okay, a little something about me, I'll hid it under a spoiler to make this post less cluttered. :lol:
    My name is Sterre and I live in the Netherlands. My brother is two years older and my sister twelve years younger (She's from my mother and stephfather). I have two other sibling at my father's and stephmother's, but I barely see them.
    I live with my parents, siblings and pets, which are quite a bunch! Five cats, a dog and a rabbit.
    Three of our cats used to be stray-cats, but we took them in.

I ride horse 2/3 times a week, Thursday's with my best friend, Tuesday's and Friday's with my aunt. I bake a lot, love singing and dancing, my evening are filled watching tv-shows with my mother(Orphan Black, Pretty Little Liars and Izombie anyone?), and my weekends are reserved for my boyfriend. That's why I usually don't post those days.

I just finished my exams and will be studying for Social Work starting September. Social Work exists out of for components, pedagogy being my favourite. I'm super excited to start, but I find it a pity that I'll have less time for other things like SimLit. My posting schedule is quite frequent right now and I won't be able to maintain it.

If you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask :blush:

A name for our circle! I love A Novel Bunch, but right now our title has 'let's do this' in it, and I find that quite catchy :lol:

I am about to post a chapter of my Highlander Crest Legacy, it is really short might anyone want to catch up. I'll post a link to the chapter here too :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hey group B! How are y'all doing?

Group F is super quiet! So I decided I'd stop by and say hi to y'all! Have y'all decided on any name? And are y'all planning to read each other's works on particular days or as soon as the stories are updated?

We haven't figured anything out as yet, so I thought I'd ask how y'all were working this out.

Somehow, this feels like a school group project :lol: You know, asking your friends from other groups how much of the assigned task they've completed. :joy:

We don't have a name yet, busy catching up on each other's stories and getting to know each other :lol:
    Our thread is pretty active, though. We're figuring out what we want piece by piece. :smiley:

At first I was like: I want to join everyone's circle! Then realized that wasn't realistic :lol:
    Feel free to snoop around!
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee my dogs name is boots. She is super cute <3

Oh and I have a older sister :)

Super cute! Our dog's called Chopper, he's half beagle. :)
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ok! I've updated the Thread Name to:

A Novel Idea: Reading Circle B (Let's Do This)

If you want me to change it I will. A Novel Idea 'seems' to be the most popular so i've gone with it but by no means am I the deciding vote! I'm just the one that voluteered to keep all of our stories and updates (mostly :wink: ) concise and up to date!

Also I like the idea of a Coffee Day/24 hour period where we all make comments/post here. No pressure to keep up/be around on that day though! Real life happens! Am I right? We are a big group!

And yes, post links to your updates here so I don't have to race everyone's threads/sites trying to keep up! Aaaaah! I'm already feeling the pressure!!!!!

Just a little about me! (In Spoiler!)
    Real name/Nickname): Hansolo

Do you have a pet: I technically have a cat...but I like with 2 dogs, 3 cats and a ton of birds at the moment! It's an insane asylum. Trust me!

Favourite season: I want to say Spring, but I really do enjoy the heat and storms that come with Summer.

Hobby (not playing sims): Reading? I don't have time for anything else! Aaaaaah! I'm toooo busy! Oh, I love movies though so I fit them in :wink:

Dream job if everything is possible: Missionary in Mozambique. (I'm crazy!)

Any sports you do? Does chasing after a 10 month old count?

Favourite food: Tacos!

Favourite superhero: Spiderman! I really had to think about this one.

Favourite Disney Princess:
    Ariel - I've loved the little mermaid since I was a young girl!

My favourite film right now: Ever After: A Cinderella Story

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: Um.....no idea!

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: New Moon - When Edward broke up with Bella. I threw the book at the wall. No joke.

Book series you need to be continued: The Jewel!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Floaty and seriously Girly Dresses

Memories From the First Time You Played the Sims: I was at a friends house and I watched her older sister playing it. This was back in the days of the Sims 1. I was hooked straight away!

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: A re-hased Island Paradise with Mermaids!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Now to binge read! :) I'm starting with @Kamio 's Selection Challenge... I REALLY love the books by Keira Cass!

*Whispers* Dominique is super awesome and I totally didn't submit her or anything :lol:

Hahahahha! I agree! She is super awesome! I was going to update The Selection Challenge tonight but updating the first post here completely killed my time in game to shoot the pictures. I'm too tired! Oh well. Tomorrow is another day!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't want to Spoil the Surprise but I may be ahead in my gameplay to the story. Here is the current whims rolled by the prince for the remaining girls (no prizes for guessing why I've posted this follow my comment above :wink: )
    P.S. I'm not telling you who the colors represent and yes Skye does feature in one of these pictures along with Dominique. It's a month + away before I hold a vote to help me decide who the winning girl out of the remaining 4 should be but....aaaaah some spoilers ahead!

meta-chart%204_zps0qixpl3y.jpeg

05-24-16_10-07-56nbspAM_zpsfgkpigej.png

05-26-16_11-12-49nbspAM_zpsx4aikbqp.png

05-24-16_10-10-47nbspAM_zpsk30liql2.png

05-26-16_6-04-03nbspPM_zpsd8lnjtc5.png

• Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    @Kamio omg Taco's <3
    My sister would go nuts if she heard that :lol:
    Is the ten months old, your ten months old? Because that's super adorable.
    Just wait until they're five years old, my little sister is a real hand full sometimes :lol:

When shall we schedule the first coffee hour/day? It's probably a catching up-cycle, and I don't know whom has to catch up to what.

I've got a little list on my own:
    1. The Bachelorette Challenge, by @Spottydog714
    2. Disney Legacy The Blancs, by @swcheppes
    3. @CharmingMaruska her story, I can't seem to find it though. So I'll wait until she posts her link :)

And after that I'll start on the discontinued and finished stories. Just caught up to @Julyvee94 's Vee for Vortex today so that's off my list ;)

And I believe I got everything covered then, maybe posting lists here for what to catch up to can be beneficial for everyone?
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, lovely people!

My story can be found here: More Than a Princess. It's a Disney legacy, hence the name :lol:

It's my only story and I am in the middle of exams now and also my hard drive broke and I had to buy a new one and re-install everything and I lost a lot of progress from my game, so... There are not going to be a lot of updates from me for next few weeks. :smile: So I'll be more a reader than a writer for some time now, which I think is great considering how big this circle is :smile:

If anyone here agrees with @Julyvee94 and thinks that this circle is too overwhelming with so many members, I'm willing to switch circles :smile: Since I joined after the six person limit and everything. Let me know what you think :smile:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @Sterretjeee - Hahahah tacos always and forever :heart: and yeah the 10 month old is my little girl. She hasn't learnt to walk yet, but boy does she move! I fear the day she can run :lol:

I'll update the front page with the latest updates from people if they post the link here. Should I change it to this weeks updates?

Perhaps every week/at the start of our coffee day one of us can kick it off with the list of 'This Weeks Updates'.

What day is going to work for people? During the week or sometime over the weekend aka Saturday or Sunday? I am flexible!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @CharmingMaruska - I totally get the overwhelmed thing! I think that we are all easy going though. life happens! I'm restricted in my free time so I won't get to everyone's stories or updates all the time/every week.

I'll just cycle through the updates and catch up on half the groups stories one week and half the groups stories the week after that (if I'm crazy busy)
  • Options
    @CharmingMaruska oh please don't get me wrong I don't want to throw anyone out! You're all great people and it would be very unfair and rude to say that you have to leave now after you already joined :) no worries! I was just saying I'm not entirely happy with how the signing up process happened. But I am sure we will find a way to make things work :)

Going to start on a few stories today :)
  • Options
    Kamio wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee - Hahahah tacos always and forever :heart: and yeah the 10 month old is my little girl. She hasn't learnt to walk yet, but boy does she move! I fear the day she can run :lol:

I'll update the front page with the latest updates from people if they post the link here. Should I change it to this weeks updates?

Perhaps every week/at the start of our coffee day one of us can kick it off with the list of 'This Weeks Updates'.

What day is going to work for people? During the week or sometime over the weekend aka Saturday or Sunday? I am flexible!
    Super adorable! <3

Maybe we can all host coffee day one by one :)
    How about first week we start off with a brief opinion on each story (you caught up with), and after that we'll do the weekly updates thingy?

I think Friday would be a nice day to do coffeeday, starting on June 3th so that we have time to catch up. :)

I personally wouldn't split the stories in two, though. Some stories update really frequent and that might be a lot to catch up to. But I'm sure we'll figure something out :blush:
  • Options
    Hello, lovely people!

My story can be found here: More Than a Princess. It's a Disney legacy, hence the name :lol:

It's my only story and I am in the middle of exams now and also my hard drive broke and I had to buy a new one and re-install everything and I lost a lot of progress from my game, so... There are not going to be a lot of updates from me for next few weeks. :smile: So I'll be more a reader than a writer for some time now, which I think is great considering how big this circle is :smile:

If anyone here agrees with @Julyvee94 and thinks that this circle is too overwhelming with so many members, I'm willing to switch circles :smile: Since I joined after the six person limit and everything. Let me know what you think :smile:

Oh I was looking forward to reading your story! I peeked a little and it looks super promising! If you want to stay, definitely do so. We'll figure something out :blush:
  • Options
    Haha! Ok! What if we just Catch up on what we can when we can and have everyone's updates featured each coffe day and go from there! June 3rd sounds good to me :)
  • Options
    Oh I'll just have to say I won't be here next week from wednesday to Monday as I am on vacation :) but I will gladly participate in the next discussion day ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kamio wrote: »
    Haha! Ok! What if we just Catch up on what we can when we can and have everyone's updates featured each coffe day and go from there! June 3rd sounds good to me :)

Sounds good! I hope Friday will work for the others as well :)
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oh I'll just have to say I won't be here next week from wednesday to Monday as I am on vacation :) but I will gladly participate in the next discussion day ^^

I look forward to it!
    Hope you have a great vacation <3