Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
We are just one of the many Reading Circle's brainstormed by the wonderful and fantastic @CathyTea

The purpose of these groups is to encourage fellow writers and provide a loyal base of readers and flow of comments and feedback. If you want to join a reading circle head on over here! There are so many amazing people waiting to connect in! The aim is to keep the groups to around 6 or so people so that no one gets overwhelmed keeping up with each other's stories. Don't ask how we ended up with 9 people. I think that we are all wondering too :wink:

QitifT0_zpsd6xhoho0.jpg

OU0msya_zpsdm5qtc8n.jpg

tumblr_oi37byXQsA1w0q8suo1_1280_zpsy5spfoyy.jpg
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calendar of Events

YXKgzWX.jpg
Weekly Bookclubs Discussions!

Week of Nov 7th
The Bachelorette Challenge (With SpottyDog, Sofia and Amara) @Spottydog714

Week of Nov 14th
2. Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander crest Legacy @Sterretjeee

Week of Nov 21st
3.The Bachelorette: Disney Villains Edition @swcheppes

Week of Nov 28th
4. Grace: A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge @Sterretjeee

Week of Dec 5th
5. The Making of a Princess: A Selection Challenge @Kamio

Week of Dec 12th
6. Angel In The Darkness: An Ambrosia Challenge @Marialein

Week of Dec 19th
7. Cursed Beauty Prequel @VIRTUALEE

Week of Dec 26th
8. More Than a Princess @CharmingMaruska

Week of Jan 2nd
9. Fifteen @Spottydog714

Week of Jan 9th
Snow & Prince Redux@lisabee2

Week of Jan 16th
11. The Disney Bachelor Challenge @VIRTUALEE

Week of Jan 23rd
12. Disney Legacy: The Blancs @swcheppes

Week of Jan 30th
13. Amazon Challenge Tribe Naheli @Marialein

Week of Feb 6th
14. Life Is @Jellysimwich

Week of Feb 13th
15. The Heffner Legacy @Maladi777

Week of Feb 20th
16. Explorers of Time @Marialein

Post edited by VIRTUALEE on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2016
    **KEY**
    Strikethrough = update from previous week/weeks
    Normal = new update

This Weeks Updates: 10th June 2016

@Maladi777
    The Heffner Legacy
    3.28 The Search For Kellie

@Marialein
    Amazon Challenge Tribe Naheli
    Find Your Place
    Angel In The Darkness An Ambrosia Challenge
    Ch.4 Dating Time

@Kamio
    The Making of a Princess
    Ch.19 The Ball P.1

@Sterretjeee
    Grace: A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge
    3.11 Insane in the Brain
    Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander crest Legacy
    Ch.9

@swcheppes
    The Bachelorette Disney Sidekick Edition
    Ep.6 Hot and Steamy
    Ep. 7 Closets Aren't Just For Clothes

Disney Legacy Blancs
    Tess Blanc Ch.19

@VIRTUALEE
    The Disney Bachelor Challenge
    https://youtu.be/VSZToihoqA8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m
    Post edited by Kamio on
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I too am excited!! I feel I should mention I am not updating my blog until the fall since summer is my busy season and also most of my stories come by way of video stories - so let me know if that will be a hindrance and I will understand. Here are my current stories so far:

The Disney Bachelor Challenge: Disney Bachelor Playlist
    Cursed Beauty Prequel (Paused Until the Fall): Cursed Beauty Prequel Table Of Contents
    I have a Drifter Challenge starting this weekend but I will only be doing a backstory for that - I will share the backstory and playlist once it airs if anyone is interested.

That is all for me - however I am looking forward to meeting all of you (and your sims) and reading your wondrous works!!

::virtual hugs::
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Yay! Great work Kamio and thank you for taking charge of creating this thread. We should probably brainstorm a new fitting name for our group.

Here's the link to my Heffner Legacy and to my thread. It's been updated today.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @VIRTUALEE & @Maladi777 - I've added your stories! Yay!

@Marialein - I'm adding yours! I'm a little slow coz I am on my phone but it's happening :smiley:
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry I'm late on this I was working all night to finish the newest episode of my bachelorette :)

It looks awesome! Thanks for working on this. I will get you my links tomorrow as I'm on my phone now and it's a pain to do links.

I think we should have a name but something that starts with the letter B.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Rawr, I don't belong here. >:)

I hope you guys have an awesome first circle reading! <3
    edited May 2016
    Bookworms Unite!

Bertie Bots Every Flavor Books?

A Novel Bunch? ~ This one is my Fav

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hiiyaa!

The links to my stories are:
    Grace, A build Newcrest legacy challenge
    and
    Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander crest Legacy

Do we post updates of our stories on here as well?

Now for a name.... :lol:
    Rawr, I don't belong here. >:)

I hope you guys have an awesome first circle reading! <3

Thank you so much!
    edited May 2016
    @Sterretjeee - Yeah I was thinking that might help everyone in the group if we were posting updates/links to the updates here :smile:

I love your siggie! I've only just logged on with my computer and wow! I am super impressed!
    Kamio wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee - Yeah I was thinking that might help everyone in the group if we were posting updates/links to the updates here :smile:

I love your siggie! I've only just logged on with my computer and wow! I am super impressed!

Thank you! I adore it myself, the wonderful @Maladi777 has made it for me <3

Will you add my stories to the list? :blush:
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hehe I totally like the bertie botts idea for the name :) I will post my story links when I am at a PC (on mobile rn). Or if you want to, you can get the links from my siggi. Vee is for Vortex is my ongoing story rn, tribe Arayeo is on hiatus and discovery is completed :) Mooch off your Neighbors is not a story but an LP so I wouldn't add that.

I'm also planning a new story that I hope to start soon but it might be two week until I do.

My update Schedule is very irregular right now, I update Vee is for Vortex approximately once a week, maybe less ^^ so I will probably do more reading than posting.

Another question I had. Do we catch up on all the stories that are already going or do we simply read the latest updates? Do we comment on the stories on the respective threads or do we also hold discussion here?
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited May 2016
    YAY!!! We have a thread... I'm super happy about this because I feel like I know most of you guys well... But those who I don't think I have properly met yet: (I mean, I've probably talked to you before but don't know you very well)

Hi @Kamio @CharmingMaruska Lovely to meet you guys properly! My name is Spottydog714 (I feel silly saying this seeing as we have our names written above our avis, but you really need to say your name when introducing yourself! :p ) And... Should we do an icebreaker?

Yes! @Sterretjeee I, too, am very impressed with your siggy! @Maladi777 did an awesome job!

A Novel Bunch? ~ This one is my Fav

I vote for A Novel Bunch! I just love puns...

I have 1 story that is completed, 2 that are discontinued, and 1 that I am currently writing! Here are the links:

Completed:
    Looking for Mum's Murderer (It's completed)

Discontinued:
    A Home 4 Small Ones
    Big Sister Challenge (I want to continue writing this, but I know I don't have the motivation for 2 ongoing stories at once!)

Current Stories:
    The Bachelorette (With Spottydog, Sofia and Amara)

Threads:
    Spottydog's Story thread (Updates are posted here)
    The Bachelorette (With Spottydog, Sofia and Amara) This thread is mainly used for the challenges, but updates are posted there.

Upcoming:
    Hmm.. I'm not revealing the title yet. Wait and See!

Sorry for the link spam everyone! I hope you don't mind!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    edited May 2016
    @Julyvee94 - I think the idea is to comment on the threads specific to the story/challenge so that we have and can build a loyal fan base, receive comments/feedback and build community involvement.

Woah! Sorry for the wordy explanation there! I think we can just go with whatever suits! I'm personally going to try and make the effort to catch up on everyone's stories in this group/the ones that are not yet finished and pursue the completed stories once I am up to speed! :smiley:

Personally I think we can give feedback here as well and just catch up etc. I'm not strict but I can totally follow suit/everyone's wishes. What are everyone elses thoughts?

I'll be updating the list in about an hour when I can get at my computer @Sterretjeee :smiley:
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I found this thread accidentally :) I think it was a great idea to start this thread, @Kamio :)
    I'm writing only one story at this time and I'm not sure I'll start to write another story soon. So The Blessing Moon tribe's story is Number One for me and the only story I'm writing now.
    There were also other two stories I wrote, but unfortunately, I couldn't continue them... :(
    Will you add a story about the Blessing Moon tribe to you thread? :)
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I found this thread accidentally :) I think it was a great idea to start this thread, @Kamio :)
    I'm writing only one story at this time and I'm not sure I'll start to write another story soon. So The Blessing Moon tribe's story is Number One for me and the only story I'm writing now.
    There were also other two stories I wrote, but unfortunately, I couldn't continue them... :(

Do you wanna join our reading circle? We are already a lot of people around here. If you are looking for new company you could look here
    @Julyvee94 - I think the idea is to comment on the threads specific to the story/challenge so that we have and can build a loyal fan base, receive comments/feedback and build community involvement.

Woah! Sorry for the wordy explanation there! I think we can just go with whatever suits! I'm personally going to try and make the effort to catch up on everyone's stories in this group/the ones that are not yet finished and pursue the completed stories once I am up to speed! :smiley:

Personally I think we can give feedback here as well and just catch up etc. I'm not strict but I can totally follow suit/everyone's wishes. What are everyone elses thoughts?

I'll be updating the list in about an hour when I can get at my computer @Sterretjeee :smiley:

I think we should do our own Coffee Hour or Coffee 1/2 an hour where we say what we thought of this week's updates. Although, because of timezones, that may cause an issue. @Kamio
    EkpFDaf.png
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited May 2016
    Marialein wrote: »

Do you wanna join our reading circle? We are already a lot of people around here. If you are looking for new company you could look here

Does it limited number? Sorry, I didn't knew. Then I'll not bother you. Sorry again :)
    edited May 2016
    Please don't add anymore people XD I really don't mean this as an offense to anyone in this thread bc I know it's not your fault but I already feel a bit overwhelmed that there are 9 people in here when the original list in cathys thread said 6... I'm not sure if I have The time to catch up on everyone's stories especially since many of you guys have more than 1 story but I think I can keep up with the new updates and try to make sense of them :D I know catching up is better but it's also more time consuming...

Now do we post updates in this thread also? To me at least it would be nice to see links to updates in this thread then I only have to follow one thread in stead of 8 or more.

Edit: @Kamio maybe you could add an explanation of what this thread is and link to the original reading circles thread? So no more misunderstandings happen for people who just see this thread ^^
    Is it an idea we introduce ourselves for a bit? Maybe with ten facts about ourselves or something? :)
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Please don't add anymore people XD I really don't mean this as an offense to anyone in this thread bc I know it's not your fault but I already feel a bit overwhelmed that there are 9 people in here when the original list in cathys thread said 6... I'm not sure if I have The time to catch up on everyone's stories especially since many of you guys have more than 1 story but I think I can keep up with the new updates and try to make sense of them :D I know catching up is better but it's also more time consuming...

Now do we post updates in this thread also? To me at least it would be nice to see links to updates in this thread then I only have to follow one thread in stead of 8 or more.

I was surprised to see so many people as well, when I asked to join there were only two members :lol:
    Luckily I'm up-to-date with most works :blush:

I believe we're supposed to post our updates on this thread indeed
    That's what Kamio had to say about it :)

I think we should do our own Coffee Hour or Coffee 1/2 an hour where we say what we thought of this week's updates. Although, because of timezones, that may cause an issue. @Kamio

I think that's a really great idea, but it indeed will be tricky. Maybe a coffee day? So that we have an entire day to discuss the stories? Ofcourse you won't have to be logged in 24 hours, but that way everyone will have a moment they can express their feelings.

Thank you! <3

edited May 2016

I think that's a really great idea, but it indeed will be tricky. Maybe a coffee day? So that we have an entire day to discuss the stories? Ofcourse you won't have to be logged in 24 hours, but that way everyone will have a moment they can express their feelings.

@Sterretjeee Yeah, that's great idea! =)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I need to catch up with four writers stories. I can handle that. Maybe our first week should be a catch up round where we just start with reading. Should help some of us.
    I think already of questions to indroduce ourselves just wait a bit ;)
    I need to catch up with four writers stories. I can handle that. Maybe our first week should be a catch up round where we just start with reading. Should help some of us.

We should definitely be able to ask each other questions as well! I love to get to know everyone (more :lol:)!
    I finally am done with exams, Dobby is a free elf, so I'm going to catch up to the stories soon too. :blush:
    Now to binge read! :) I'm starting with @Kamio 's Selection Challenge... I REALLY love the books by Keira Cass!
    EkpFDaf.png

I like the idea of a catch up week :) there are many stories here I didn't read before so it's a lot to catch up on!