Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanu's Last Rodeo Homemade CC free Gift Exchange ~~ GIFTING IS CLOSED !!!!~~~~ COME SEE THE GOODIES!

tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi everyone and welcome to Tanu's Last Rodeo Gift Exchange for SIMS3!! :mrgreen: This is a Sims3 ONLY exchange and is CC free!

Yes it's that time again! :) This will be my very last exchange as far as heading them up so I hope you can join us! I will however be around to help Addy with hers and to join in the fun so I'm gone but not forgotten ;) Addy will be doing one this Fall so keep your eyes out for that one.

Please read through everything as there have been a few changes made and I really want to have a fun and stress free time for everyone!!

Here is a link to the Easing Into Spring Homemade Gift Exchange if you would like to take a look. Also on the first page are links to the other exchanges as well.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884053/easing-into-spring-exchange-gifting-now-open/p1

I am so looking forward to this being a fun and wonderful place for you all to visit and have fun!! So let's Begin! ~~~~~~ :D

First and foremost I would like to Thank my very special Lil Sister and partner in crime AdWilson! :D Without her help and input I would not be able to do this exchange! Addy will be helping to keep the thread going and helping me keep track of everything and will be running the exchanges from now on. I am so touched to have her give up her time in order to ensure that you fellow simmers have the best experience in the exchange possible! Thank you so much Addy!!!!

This is a SECRET EXCHANGE. Please do not reveal your buddy until the gifting period. It's always fun to wonder who has who and what they are making!

COMMUNICATION IN THIS EXCHANGE WILL BE DONE VIA PRIVATE MESSAGING ONLY.
Post edited by tanubanue on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    DATES AND RULES ~~ PLEASE READ OVER!!

IMPORTANT DATES ~ PLEASE NOTE THEM ON YOUR CALENDARS

(I WILL NOT ACCEPT LATE LETTERS :cry: )

NAMES GIVEN ~ I WILL SEND YOU THE NAME OF YOUR EXCHANGE BUDDY BY 6 PM (EST) SATURDAY JULY 23RD. ~~~NAMES WILL BE SENT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY!! ~~~

CHECK IN ONE ~ PLEASE POST ON THE THREAD ON OR NEAR SUNDAY JULY 24TH TO LET ME KNOW YOU RECIEVED YOUR NAME. ALSO LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU NEED IT RESENT!!

CHECK IN TWO ~ TUESDAY AUGUST 2ND ~ JUST A GENERAL CHECK IN TO LET US KNOW YOU'RE DOING OK AND IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING OR FORESEE ANY PROBLEMS.

CHECK IN THREE ~ TUESDAY AUGUST 16TH ~ YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR GIFT ALMOST READY TO GO AT THIS POINT. MAYBE STILL NEEDING SOME TOUCH UPS OR PICTURE TAKING.

~~~IMPORTANT~~~IF YOU MISS ONE OF THE ABOVE CHECK INS WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW BEFOREHAND YOU WILL RECIEVE A PRIVATE MESSAGE FROM ME. IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE EXCHANGE AND NOT RECIEVE A GIFT. THE PERSON WHO HAD YOU WILL BE ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO GIFT YOUR PERSON INSTEAD. ONLY EXCEPTIONS WILL BE IF YOU LET US KNOW AHEAD OF TIME THAT YOU WILL MISS A DEADLINE. YOU WILL ALSO BE ELIMINATED IF YOU PARTICIPATED BEFORE AND NEVER GAVE A HOMEMADE GIFT TO YOUR BUDDY.

THE FUN TIME!!! GIFTING DATES!!!!! :lol:

GIFTING WILL BE FROM TUESDAY AUGUST 23TH THROUGH SUNDAY AUGUST 28TH !!! :)

IF YOU CANNOT GIFT IN THIS TIME PERIOD LET ME KNOW ASAP!! B)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ~~~~~RULES~~~~

1. Join the Exchange by posting a letter to your Buddy and Keep it a Secret once you get your name

2. THIS IS A SIMS 3 ONLY EXCHANGE ~ NO CUSTOM CONTENT ~ NO SIMS 4 GIFTS

3. Follow Check in dates

4. You must make at least one HOMEMADE gift for your buddy. This can be a sim or lot or something NOT bought from the store. You may make as many gifts as you would like and you may gift from your buddies wishlist as long as there is one HOMEMADE gift as well. YOU MUST MAKE A GIFT THREAD TO LINK TO AS IT MAKES IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE. BUT MAKE SURE TO POST IN THIS THREAD FIRST AND WHENEVER A NEW GIFT IS ADDED.

5. Absolutely NO CC AT All. I have had trouble in the past with people having CC find it's way into their game who do not want it. I have one game with CC that I play and another game folder just for gifting so this does not happen. Please pay attention to this rule as I would hate someone to not be able to use their gift due to CC. I will be custard checking the gifts. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH HOW TO START A CLEAN NO CC GAME PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL HELP YOU DO THAT.

6. PRIVATE MESSAGE will be the ONLY way names are sent. NO mypages.

7. You MUST Gift and Be Gifted. This is an Exchange so that everyone ends up with a HOMEMADE gift in the end :D

8. Remember what you put in your letter is a guide for your buddy. Please do not get upset if it's not exactly what you wanted. Also please don't stress if you can't make exactly what you are asked to make. Do your best and have fun! It's more important to share simming and Friendship!!

9. No rude or mean behavior will be tolerated and if I see it I WILL remove you at my discretion. We are here to have fun and enjoy each others company!

10. DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THROUGH!

11. If ANYTHING comes up, ie: personal, computer problems, etc., Please let me know ASAP so I can be sure your buddy gets a gift.

12. If you get a new item or addition to your game please edit your letter and post on the thread that you've changed it so your buddy will be aware.

13. Please check the thread often to see if there is anything you need to know or if your buddy has posted.

14. Please do not quote images as it tends to break the thread. Just remove the picture before commenting. :D

15. IF YOU HAD SIGNED UP FOR A PREVIOUS EXCHANGE AND DID NOT GIVE A HOMEMADE GIFT YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED UP IN THIS EXCHANGE. SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS.

16. HAVE FUN!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Please use this form as a guide. Give your buddy as much information as you can to help them make you something that you would enjoy having in your game. Also include any other information you think would be fun for them to have or would help them get to know you a bit. Remember this is a guide and your buddy will do the best they can! :mrgreen:

Form~
    Username:

Link to your mypage: (This is more for me for when I do matches if I don't know you very well. If you'd rather not put the link here just send me a pm with the link please :) )

Expansion packs and stuff packs I have installed:

I have the following store content:

I have the following worlds:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I really don't like this color:

I love to use this set:

I play mostly in this world:

I enjoy this style of build the most:

I really don't want this in my game:

I would like lots of the following sizes:

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.)

If you're having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter try visiting the last exchange that's linked in the first post for some ideas on what people have said in the past. Feel free to add to the form if you need/want to.

Again Have Fun!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2016
    2.jpg
    Buddy Gifts

Custard Checked and Clean = o:)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To: @60smusicluvr
    Gift 1 o:)
    Gift 2 o:) (3 gifts)
    Gift 3 o:)
    Gift 4 o:)
    Gift 5 o:)
    Final Count: 7

To: @aricarai
    Gift 1
    o:)
    Gift 2 o:)
    Final Count: 5

To: @Bookworm742
    Link provided by Tanu
    Link provided by Addy
    Note: This post first contains pictures for the previous gift, then the 2nd gift.
    Gift 3 o:) (2 gifts)
    Note: 2 gifts in same post
    Final Count: 4

To: @Catdog123
    Final Count: 3

To: @ciane
    Gift 1 o:) (combo gift)
    Gift 3 o:) (combo gift)

To: @cmbaker16
    Final Count: 2

To: @figureitout01
    Gift 1 o:) (two gifts)
    Gift 2 o:) (two gifts)
    Note: Gift 1 has the link to the personal gifting thread
    Gift 3 o:) (two gifts)
    Note: Site is being silly, please scroll up to see post.
    Final Count: 6

To: @friendsfan367
    Note: Link to this gift is in my reply post immediately following this one!

To: @Hoplass
    Note: Site is being silly, please scroll up to see post.
    Final Count: 1

BONUS gift:
    Gift o:)

BONUS Gift:
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    gift_ss_img.jpg
    Buddy Gifts

Custard Checked and Clean = o:)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To: @KaytayRoall
    Gift 1 o:) (2 gifts)
    Gift 2 o:) (2 gifts)
    Gift 3 o:) (3 gifts)

To: @Kgaff
    Gift 3 o:) (3 gifts)
    Final Count: 5

To: @LadyEmillye
    Note: Gift 1 has the link to the personal gifting thread.
    Gift 3 o:) (2 gifts)
    Gift 6 o:)

To: @MiaSkywalker

To: @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Gift 6 o:)
    Gift 7 o:)
    Gift 8 o:)
    Final Count: 8

To: @MsPrissy88

To: @SjappielovePaul
    Gift 1 o:) (two gifts)
    Note: Site is being silly, please scroll up to see the post.
    Gift 3 o:) (5 gifts)
    Final Count: 8

To: @Skymyst

To: @suzses
    Gift 1 o:) (3 gifts)

To: @XxHannelorexX
    Note: one of the personalized photographs comes up in custard as an object, but it's fine.

BONUS gift!
    To: @XxHannelorexX

And last but certainly NOT least...

To: @tanubanue
    Gifts!!!
    ADWilson o:)
    aricarai o:)
    Bookworm742 o:)
    Catdog123 o:)
    ciane o:)
    cmbaker16 o:)
    figureitout01 o:)
    friendsfan367 o:)
    Hoplass o:)
    Kgaff o:)
    LadyEmillye - couldn't load to exchange, has a temporarily file elsewhere & will try again later - o:)
    MiaSkywalker o:)
    Mmdrgntobldrgn - a lovely message
    MsPrissy88 o:)
    Shannen o:)
    SjappielovePaul o:)
    Skymyst o:)
    suzses o:)
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Links shared during previous exchanges…

Building inspiration (including floorplans)
    djsdragongirl suggested -> http://www.thehouseplanshop.com and http://www.thehousedesigners.com

rosemow has a post showing various links here -> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12888646/#Comment_12888646

Addy also suggests -> http://www.houseplans.com/

Selecting colors
    rosemow suggested -> http://www.colourlovers.com
    Addy also suggests -> http://design-seeds.com/
    Teegers shared this from ciane -> http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette

Posting pictures to the forums
    rosemow shared this post -> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12894483/#Comment_12894483

Carl's Sims 3 Guide -Carl's sims 3 guide it has some nice tutorials and a beginner builder's guide

Photobucket - Making Slideshows/Organizing Photos
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    We are now open for Letters!!! :)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Your Last one O.O

I'll join this one!
  • Options
    Your Last one O.O

I'll join this one!

Yay! My last one hosting but I'll still be around to play and help :)
  • Options
    Glad to see that you're joining this one, @LadyEmillye
  • Options
    Username: LadyEmillye

Link to your mypage: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/LadyEmillye

Expansion packs and stuff packs I have installed: Everything, except sweet treats, but I *can*

I have the following store content: All of it, although not all is there. Usually if it is in their compilation or a venue or world, I have it installed. Otherwise, I can install it if need be.

I have the following worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: Mostly everything

I really don't like this color: No pastels or overly bright.

I love to use this set: See the store content above

I play mostly in this world: Any, I rotate. Although Riverview and Twinbrook mostly get left out

I enjoy this style of build the most: Anything. I like modern, rustic, Victorian/Gothic, Oriental.

I really don't want this in my game: See above on the colors and sweet treats.

I would like lots of the following sizes: Any size, mostly tiny lots though. Even community lots are cool.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. I love them all.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household. I would.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) I'm easy going, do as you please with the very open letter I have submitted.
  • Options
    Are patterns through the CAP tool a thing or not. I'll probably not, just more wondering.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Username: cmbaker16

Link to your mypage: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/cmbaker16

Expansion packs and stuff packs I have installed: All except diseal stuff, Movie stuff and KPST

I have the following store content: ALL

I have the following worlds: All but Brancle Bay

Some of my favorite colors are: I love Pastels and slightly dark colors like a dusty pink or a dusty blue.

I really don't like this color: Bright Neon Colors

I love to use this set: I like using them all just whatever goes with what I have in mind at the time.

I play mostly in this world: I like to hop around so I don't have one world I play in.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I <3 Gothic Victorians and craftsman/log cabins

I really don't want this in my game: CC and CAP

I would like lots of the following sizes: For residential no bigger than 40x40 unless it's a farm/ranch home 50x50 is fine. Community lots can be any size.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. I <3 berry and occult sims.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household Pets are fine, families just aren't complete without one.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) I'm playing a family in a custom world and would love community lots especially bars and clubs that bands can play at. I would love some smaller community lots that have alot on them like a plaza or boardwalk. A resort would be nice as well. However, I'd rather you, my buddy, have fun so whatever your comfortable with making I'll be happy :)
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Are patterns through the CAP tool a thing or not. I'll probably not, just more wondering.

I think it depends on the person you are giving but i'm not sure hopefully one of the lovely host will respond.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh! I have really been looking forward to this announcement! This looked like so much fun that you were all having, that I wanted to join in as well. :) I'm sorry it's going to be the last one you run. :(

My only potential problem at the moment is that I can't log in to the Exchange site, which means I can't either upload or download. :( Hopefully that is being fixed, as I've contacted Customer Support about it.

Username:
    MiaSkywalker

Link to your mypage:
    MiaSkywalker (I'm having trouble logging in to the store/exchange site, or I'd give you the link here.)

Expansion packs and stuff packs I have installed:
    Everything, even the KP stuff pack, but not the LE of the KP pack.

I have the following store content:
    Everything except the event items like the Dr. Pepper stuff (unfortunately), and some of the Limited Edition stuff/expansion pack items.

I have the following worlds:
    All of them.

Purple! Any shade or variety: Royal purple, lavender, lilac, violet, magenta, fuchsia, indigo... doesn't matter. :) Reds and blues as well (the jewel tones). And when it comes to homes, I also like browns, particularly wood textures. (Edit: I noticed it changed fuchsia to plum - ironic, since plum is a color I love as well! :D )

Yellow, orange, and cyan. Those three can be OK with other things, but I don't care for them as a main color.

I love to use this set:
    Anything from Dragon Valley, Happily Ever After, or Make a Wish

Store world: Dragon valley. Custom world: Cotes D'Ambonnay. I play other worlds, but those are my main worlds.

Medieval, but I also like futuristic and fantasy. (I occasionally like to play in Lunar Lakes as well.) Historical as well, such as Victorian or Ancient Greek. Mediterranean is also good, as I sometimes play Monte Vista.

Nothing I absolutely don't want, but I don't care for modern/current styles as much.

Small, generally. 40x40 and smaller. I prefer 20x15, 20x20, 20x30, and 30x30.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. I think the only Sims I don't care to play are mummies and zombies. I love witches and faeries particularly, but all the occults are good. Berries are fine, particularly if you give them pointed ears and call them an elf or alien. :)

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household.
    I love cats! I'm personally afraid of dogs, particularly big dogs, so I don't care for them in the game. Small dogs are fine, but not my favorite thing. I love horses, especially unicorns. :)

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.)
    Well, I don't know. Anything? Houses, Sims, community lots, houseboats... whatever someone comes up with seems like it would be fine to me. :) Edit: After seeing some of the other letters, I thought of something. If you make any Sims, please don't skill them. I really love skilling my Sims, so I would rather they not already be skilled. If you do it for a story, then just give them one or two points for storytelling or personality purposes, and please don't have them complete any challenges! Those are really my favorite aspects of playing the Sims - skilling and completing challenges. :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    Yay! Three letters already ~

Lady Em ~ So happy you joined this one we missed you last time!

Cm ~ <3

Mia ~ So nice to meet you! If it's not straightened out by gifting time we will figure something out to make it work. I hope you have a lot of fun here!!
  • Options

I don't consider patterns made by CAP to be CC as it doesn't attach to other builds or other exports so as long as it's made by the CAP tool it should be fine. They also don't show up in custard as CC usually.

If someone really prefers no cap patterns they can mention it in things they really don't want in their game also :)
  • Options
    Ok cool. Good to know :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Noo :( I'm just quite new here and now you're leaving @tanubanue! I'm glad though I still have this one :)

I'll go and fill in the entry form!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Noo :( I'm just quite new here and now you're leaving @tanubanue! I'm glad though I still have this one :)

Not leaving, just last exchange being hosted by Tanu :)
  • Options

I'll still be here don't worry :) But just in a different role. I'll be helping out and also sometimes I'll be a buddy so you won't have a chance to miss me lol
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited July 2016
    Username:
    SjappielovePaul

Link to your mypage:
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sjappieloveHans

Expansion packs, stuff packs, store content, worlds I have installed:
    Everything :)

I pretty much like everything, just not a house built with only bright pink or purple ;)

Well orange, but it can be nice in some themes (50's, 60's) so orange only if it fits the theme.

I love to use this set:
    Not one particular set, that Stancke one is nice, the fairy sets are lovely and offcourse all the kids stuff!

Pretty much any :) my current games are in Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley, Bridgeport, Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Moonlight Falls redone, Hidden Springs, Roaring Heights, Starlight Shores, Monte Vista and plain old Sunset Valley.

Depends on what world you choose. I love modern, I love medieval, I love futuristic, I love 50's/60's/70's/80's.
    I do love stuff to look 'real' so not too much fantasy!

I find myself not using a lot of Asian stuff and I would like to enjoy your gift as much as possible.

Any :)

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.
    Yes, I do! However when creating werewolves or vampires I like them to look as 'normal' as possible ;)

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household
    Yup :)

Other~
    I usually love starting out with just one young-adult or a couple of them, I love the aspect of 'making your own game' in the Sims! However if you like writing stories I like that as well :) it's just I love starting from scratch!
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 and @SjappielovePaul ~ Glad both of you could join us again!

@MiaSkywalker ~ Welcome! These really are a lot of fun... making gifts in secret, forming or deepening friendships... in fact it was through an exchange that Tanu and I met. Hope you'll find it as enjoyable as we do.
  • Options
    SJ!! Yay! Welcome back :)