Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    they changed wordpress boo. simcognito decied to follow my story now i have to approve but i'm lost. but what else is new i'm always lost.

I didn't notice having to approve new followers. You do need to approve new commenters. To do that, just click the notifications in the top right that show the new comments, then click "Approve" on the comment.

Yes, I did comment on your post, @friendsfan367 .

found it its hard to read with your eyes closed. its in the same place my eyesopened temporarily.
  • Options
    they changed wordpress boo. simcognito decied to follow my story now i have to approve but i'm lost. but what else is new i'm always lost.

I didn't notice having to approve new followers. You do need to approve new commenters. To do that, just click the notifications in the top right that show the new comments, then click "Approve" on the comment.

found it its hard to read with your eyes closed. its in the same place my eyesopened temporarily.

yodas laughing at me.

acrab called sis yoda earlier this week.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @CathyTea Just read your short story! Wow! Can I just say, you're the master of poignant.
    "May it shine, and keep on shining, in your eyes, too!"
    I get a picture of someone with glassy eyes, but they're teary because they're happy and have some very good memories. Rather like the end of Inside Out. Rylie misses her old life, misses her friends, but she has a lot of satisfaction with her current life and is grateful for the times she had in her old life, which is why she's crying. Sometimes letting in the melancholy brings out the joy.
    Which reminds me, I need to go find a box of tissues now. I'm not crying, I just have a cold, you must understand.

• Options

yodas laughing at me.

@friendsfan367 Yes, just got your reply. Going to read it now.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea Just read your short story! Wow! Can I just say, you're the master of poignant.
    "May it shine, and keep on shining, in your eyes, too!"
    I get a picture of someone with glassy eyes, but they're teary because they're happy and have some very good memories. Rather like the end of Inside Out. Rylie misses her old life, misses her friends, but she has a lot of satisfaction with her current life and is grateful for the times she had in her old life, which is why she's crying. Sometimes letting in the melancholy brings out the joy.
    Which reminds me, I need to go find a box of tissues now. I'm not crying, I just have a cold, you must understand.

Ah, thank you. It's autobiographical... so, yeah. I'm not crying either! LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

yodas laughing at me.

@friendsfan367 Yes, just got your reply. Going to read it now.

read yours replied.
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    YAY... I did it...
    I was going to sleep but my brain wouldn;t let this go so... I also did some research and found that http://tinypic.com is what people seem to be flocking too now that photobucket has held hostage everyone's images for $399.99!!!

Also, I've followed a few of ppls blogs too and will begin reading soon, but right now I keep OOOO and AHHHHing at everyone else blogs cause they're so pretty compared to mine... and I'm obsessing again...

I will get to writing soon... might have to be locked in room until I do... :persevere:
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    YAY... I did it...
    I was going to sleep but my brain wouldn;t let this go so... I also did some research and found that http://tinypic.com is what people seem to be flocking too now that photobucket has held hostage everyone's images for $399.99!!!

Also, I've followed a few of ppls blogs too and will begin reading soon, but right now I keep OOOO and AHHHHing at everyone else blogs cause they're so pretty compared to mine... and I'm obsessing again...

I will get to writing soon... might have to be locked in room until I do... :persevere:

Oh my @IvoryButterfly that image is amazing! Is that your artwork? If not where did you find it? It's just so incredible! I'm finding it very hard not to gush and I'm not usually a gusher... at least... I don't think I am - definitely try not to be. :o

Can't wait to read your stuff, I think I'm following you already, but I'll double check. Can't let that image go.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    YAY... I did it...

Oh my @IvoryButterfly that image is amazing! Is that your artwork? If not where did you find it? It's just so incredible! I'm finding it very hard not to gush and I'm not usually a gusher... at least... I don't think I am - definitely try not to be. :o

Can't wait to read your stuff, I think I'm following you already, but I'll double check. Can't let that image go.

:blush:
    oh thank you @simscognito , Yes, this image very much rang true to my when I saw it, it's exactly how I feel when I;m writing a lot of the time, always looking for something great to get out of my head and usually, it;s just off to my left or behind a proverbial bush.

No... it's not my image, I spent about three hours googling for it but the link on it is from Sjusjun.com , I always try to have a link of where I get my images from if they're not my own. It's the least I can do.

I promise to get my butt into gear with my first chapter, I'm just having trouble figuring out which story I was 'fiddling with' will go first...
    mbytI0Z.png
  • Options
    YAY... I did it...

:blush:
    oh thank you, Yes, this image very much rang true to my when I saw it, it's exactly how I feel when I;m writing a lot of the time, always looking for something great to get out of my head and usually, it;s just off to my left or behind a proverbial bush.

No... it's not my image, I spent about three hours googling for it but the link on it is from Sjusjun.com , I always try to have a link of where I get my images from if they're not my own. It's the least I can do.

I promise to get my butt into gear with my first chapter, I'm just having trouble figuring out which story I was 'fiddling with' will go first...

@IvoryButterfly that is a problem with short stories. So many awesome plots and characters, you kind of want all of them to go first.
    Oh awesome, thanks. I'll check that site out when I have a chance. :)
  • Options
    @IvoryButterfly that is a problem with short stories. So many awesome plots and characters, you kind of want all of them to go first.

Also too, lets not forget getting the images just right and all the settings in place as well...

mbytI0Z.png
  • Options

Also too, lets not forget getting the images just right and all the settings in place as well...

@IvoryButterfly Oh yes, that too. Most of the time with my tale, it's getting the shots right. :D And if @friendsfan367 thinks he has it hard with his sims, he hasn't met Henry and Alex. :D They're never doing what I want them to do. Every other sim is cooperating, but those two. I think it's star syndrome, if you ask me. :D
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    I did a thing, inspired by the upcoming collab tea house! I'm relatively happy with how my eyes view the drawing currently as my profile pic, but since my visage as its creator tends to possess a bias of some kind, I'd like to hear you peeps' opinion.

(And yes - I know. The plumbob's floating position leans right a tad more than I was hoping.)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    YAY... I did it...

@IvoryButterfly That's good to know. :)
    I couldn't believe Photobucket did that... :unamused: But then again I had issues with them long before they were asking $400 from everyone... so I ditched them and found postimages.org which hasn't let me down yet. ;) And yes, it's free and I hope it stays that way. :p

Your signature pic there and is so beautiful and I love the way your new blog is laid out. :star: What you talking about?? ;)
    I've been hard at work moving all my stories from the forums to my blog and I still have yet to finish. ;) But it's about 60% done at the moment. :p The link is in my siggy whenever you have the chance to read them among everyone else's stories.
    I look forward to reading yours.

Oh and I'm stuck in a rut at the moment with my writing too, so I've been reading other SimLits to help get me inspired. :star:

Adulting sure su'cks all the time away from writing doesn't it? :disappointed:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    I did a thing, inspired by the upcoming collab tea house! I'm relatively happy with how my eyes view the drawing currently as my profile pic, but since my visage as its creator tends to possess a bias of some kind, I'd like to hear you peeps' opinion.

(And yes - I know. The plumbob's floating position leans right a tad more than I was hoping.)

Always love seeing your hand drawn avis :) Can't wait to have tea with you!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

Thank thee, Karilan. Next on the line will be some art about Shishi. I just have to add some little colour effects first, but I am rather happy with how the characters look.

In case you are wondering what's in the suitcase: Tea bags. Lots of them. :wink:
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Thank thee, Karilan. Next on the line will be some art about Shishi. I just have to add some little colour effects first, but I am rather happy with how the characters look.

In case you are wondering what's in the suitcase: Tea bags. Lots of them. :wink:

I can believe it! We moved the tea cabinet this weekend to put up our Christmas tree and it was too heavy to move without emptying all the drawers. My fiance asked if I actually needed this much tea and I looked at him as if he asked whether I needed to breathe air.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

I can believe it! We moved the tea cabinet this weekend to put up our Christmas tree and it was too heavy to move without emptying all the drawers. My fiance asked if I actually needed this much tea and I looked at him as if he asked whether I needed to breathe air.

Ha. Sounds familiar.
    "Do you really like cocoa that much, daughter?"
    "Yea, verily. Now return mine triple sized mug, thou villainous clod."
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi everyone, I wanted to quickly share the *inspired* moodlet I have right now.
    I went camping with friends and at night we went to a clearing with no light pollution and stargazed the good old Sims 4 way.
    I didn't recognise a whole lot, but I definitely saw Orion (I live in NZ) and next to it, Sirius, the brightest star we can see apart from our own sun. Sims does hold some simple truths about life: when in need of inspiration, go stargazing.
    Have a good day all :)
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I wanted to quickly share the *inspired* moodlet I have right now.
    I went camping with friends and at night we went to a clearing with no light pollution and stargazed the good old Sims 4 way.
    I didn't recognise a whole lot, but I definitely saw Orion (I live in NZ) and next to it, Sirius, the brightest star we can see apart from our own sun. Sims does hold some simple truths about life: when in need of inspiration, go stargazing.
    Have a good day all :)

Hi @chalicen , your username sounds familiar. I think I've replied to you before, but hi anyway. Oh camping, I love camping! You always see some beautiful scenery, particularly when you go out tramping, which I used to do a lot. Yes, sims does hold some truths. I used to think the moon was a bit too big in the game, but the other week, we had the largest moon in, was it like forty years? I can't remember! :D And that moon was enormous and orange.
  • Options
    @simscognito Yes you have! Not too long ago actually, you were very helpful and encouraging, thank you. And yeah the 'super moon', it was pretty cool, I've always liked gigantic moons, like in Kingdom Hearts xD
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »
    @simscognito Yes you have! Not too long ago actually, you were very helpful and encouraging, thank you. And yeah the 'super moon', it was pretty cool, I've always liked gigantic moons, like in Kingdom Hearts xD

@chalicen yes, that's right. The 'super moon.' We were worried we were going to miss it, because the trees on our lot were in the way. :D But luckily, we didn't. There was a gap between the trees where the moon came up. Yes, gigantic moons are magical. You could really see the man in the moon and his grumpy face. It was like he was watching you.
    I've not heard of Kingdom Hearts before. Just had a look at it. Ahh the heart moon. It kind of makes me want to sigh. XD
  • Options
    @simscognito Lovely, isn't it? :D
    Also, this is totally random but I started reading Friends of Foes, is it weird that I find Talula oddly attractive?? At some angles she kinda looks like the very beautiful Natalie Dormer...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @chalicen oh yay, another reader! :) No it's not weird. She is rather attractive - well I think so. :D In fact, I even took this pic of her.
    c70vB6P.png
    Looks like she's walking the cat-walk. XD

Oh and there's this one as well. She certainly thinks she's hot stuff. :D
    WcaWSCO.png
  • Options
    Hi @everyone ; I was busy today stalking uh, Following, yes that's it, I have started 'following' peoples WordPress blogs and I spent the early part of the afternoon having a read of the latest chapters and updates.
    No I've not commented yet, but you ALL are FANTASTIC writers! Which in turn has made me a littler nervous as I reopened up my Short Stories folder and looked over my 'drafts' in the late part of the afternoon.

Time really gets away from me when I read or get into writing... I love it but... yikes!!!

I have decided which story I will start with but, I shall give no spoilers away until the weekend, right now I've got to go work on some background stuff and see if I can make a spoilt brat of a teenager sim; Oooo, ok ok, there, you got one, one teeny tiny spoiler... :wink:

That's all folks... for now...
    mbytI0Z.png