Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    You know mentioning in advance some future content, rather than just before release, might actually keep players from losing interest and abandoning this game. The lack of any mention on this game's future play is only adding to the firestorm. Give the players something!! I actually don't like this game at all and so don't care about future releases as I won't be buying anymore, but I understand those who still hold hope for this game are getting impatient and bored

...but we did "mention in advance some future content" D:

tumblr_mthbp9MRoh1s4rha3o4_250.gif

I'm sorry to hear that you do not like The Sims 4. What in particular did you not enjoy?

While I appreciate the effort of at least communicating with the fans (thanks for that, Drake)

I think isn't it a little bit weird to ask what in particular we don't enjoy?

I mean, look at these forums, there are so many topics about (missing) stuff people don't enjoy. Toddlers, normal Teens, The Retail feature that can have some love and improvements (register checkout for example) and the list goes on.

I've seen a lot of topics with constructive criticism and suggestions. To name one: There is a ''Silence about Family Play'' topic, still going, still relevant. The problem is: It seems that it does not matter what we say, or what we suggest. Why did the team still not take care of the Toddler issue? We have been literally screaming for it since day one, but we are still waiting for a statement, for them to return. The complete silence about such controversial topics is what's making the community angry.

The whole: We can't talk about future stuff policy, I get, but are toddlers (for example) even being considered?! It seems that whatever we say, it does not matter. Before we know it, it's 5 years later and we are still waiting for stuff we have been asking for since day one, and still waiting...

That's what I don't like about The Sims 4. It's like it is a top secret nuclear weapon. I appreciate the small teasers of upcoming content, but it seems you aren't dealing with the main issues since day one, still. That, that is the problem.

Bravo, my man. Bravo!

Very much what Rudy said @SimGuruDrake.

--T
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You know mentioning in advance some future content, rather than just before release, might actually keep players from losing interest and abandoning this game. The lack of any mention on this game's future play is only adding to the firestorm. Give the players something!! I actually don't like this game at all and so don't care about future releases as I won't be buying anymore, but I understand those who still hold hope for this game are getting impatient and bored

I'm sorry to hear that you do not like The Sims 4. What in particular did you not enjoy?

I've seen a lot of topics with constructive criticism and suggestions. To name one: There is a ''Silence about Family Play'' topic, still going, still relevant. The problem is: It seems that it does not matter what we say, or what we suggest. Why did the team still not take care of the Toddler issue? We have been literally screaming for it since day one, but we are still waiting for a statement, for them to return. The complete silence about such controversial topics is what's making the community angry.

We? Who is we? Not everyone on the forums is asking for toddlers and latley there has been a great surge of people who are being brave enough to state that they don't want toddlers so to say everyone is 'screaming' about it is a bit unfair.

So yes we being the other Simmers can here your screams but some players who enjoy toddlers play TS2 or TS3 instead.

So what if TS4 does not have toddlers. So what if it does not have Open World, not the best to loose those features sure but let's be real here, The Sins is just. Game and no one is forcing anyone to play it.

Peace
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    GlossyGem wrote: »
    "So yes we being the other Simmers can here your screams but some players who enjoy toddlers play TS2 or TS3 instead."

It's just simple as that: Something is wrong with the product, if players wants to play The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 with less improvements and bugs, instead of playing The Sims 4. Players agree to have less improvements, but better gameplay experience.

"So what if TS4 does not have toddlers. So what if it does not have Open World, not the best to loose those features sure but let's be real here, The Sims is just. Game and no one is forcing anyone to play it."

This is actually very sad, when after the 16 years of being a fan, a lot of people are leaving the community. Have you seen how many fansites died after The Sims 4 release? I don't think the "don't like, don't play" is good for both - players and EA.

Sorry for the quotes, they are broken at my profile.
    Pretty much. The Sims 4 needs improvements in several areas of the game. It needs to attract customers. It is like isn't that the point of a game to make it fun to play for everyone?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

We? Who is we? Not everyone on the forums is asking for toddlers and latley there has been a great surge of people who are being brave enough to state that they don't want toddlers so to say everyone is 'screaming' about it is a bit unfair.

So yes we being the other Simmers can here your screams but some players who enjoy toddlers play TS2 or TS3 instead.

So what if TS4 does not have toddlers. So what if it does not have Open World, not the best to loose those features sure but let's be real here, The Sins is just. Game and no one is forcing anyone to play it.

Peace
    Are you or are you not interested in Sims 4? And in case you're not (I always thought you weren't but I may be wrong), do you feel it's appropriate to tell people who actually are interested in this game and like the basics, they must not wish for certain things added to it? Your posts come across as me telling my son not to want more creatures in his Minecraft game. I mean, what do I care and who am I to judge, I never played that game nor am I interested in starting to.

No I'm not interested in TS4 myself and instead I am saving up and waiting for TS5 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Peace
    Are you or are you not interested in Sims 4? And in case you're not (I always thought you weren't but I may be wrong), do you feel it's appropriate to tell people who actually are interested in this game and like the basics, they must not wish for certain things added to it? Your posts come across as me telling my son not to want more creatures in his Minecraft game. I mean, what do I care and who am I to judge, I never played that game nor am I interested in starting to.

No I'm not interested in TS4 myself and instead I am saving up and waiting for TS5 :smile:
    I really want toddlers in Sims 5 :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

Peace

I really want toddlers in Sims 5 :mrgreen:

As long as we can age them up ;)

But on a serious note, I actually think TS5 could be really good if they take our feedback into account so what TS4 might not be able to do today, TS5 could do tomorrow :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    King, I can only see why the others are quoting but if you are not interested in TS4 why are you on a thread discussing it? You're welcome to be here, of course, but it seems to me that you like to spend a lot of time discussing a game you don't play, or care about. I'm going g to throw your own advice back at you, if you don't like the toddler threads and whatnot, don't read them!

--T

:+1:
  • Options
    King, I can only see why the others are quoting but if you are not interested in TS4 why are you on a thread discussing it? You're welcome to be here, of course, but it seems to me that you like to spend a lot of time discussing a game you don't play, or care about. I'm going g to throw your own advice back at you, if you don't like the toddler threads and whatnot, don't read them!

--T

So you put me on ignore just so you can still reply to me? :*

Anyway, I can post where I want on the forums, if people want toddlers, then sure that's cool I am sure you will get them one day but I do not appreciate this tone of telling people who don't want toddlers that they are not allowed to comment
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

--T

Anyway, I can post where I want on the forums, if people want toddlers, then sure that's cool I am sure you will get them one day but I do not appreciate this tone of telling people who don't want toddlers that they are not allowed to comment

Who told you not to comment? Certainly not me. I'm not going to get into this with you I was pretty clear of my intentions in my previous comment. You don't see me in every single thread for Unisex CAS (which I DO NOT want) continuously telling those who do, that I don't, and am not interested in it.

Good luck with TS5.

--T
  • Options

--T

Who told you not to comment? Certainly not me. I'm not going to get into this with you I was pretty clear of my intentions in my previous comment. You don't see me in every single thread for Unisex CAS (which I DO NOT want) continuously telling those who do, that I don't, and am not interested in it.

Good luck with TS5.

--T

What is Unisex CAS?

And don't worry, I think that TS5 would be awesome, you can have toddlers while I can have Open World and we will look back at these threads and laugh :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It would be nice, @SimGuruDrake, if moderation for this site worked both ways. Everyone is welcome to comment but when they're doing it solely to annoy those of us with genuine grievances with this game, shouldn't something be done?

Double standards, or what? Because that's what it feels like! And I would very much like you (in the general sense, I vaguely* remember you saying you don't delete threads yourself) to not delete another of my threads. I'm getting the hump* with being silenced just because I'm not gun-ho happy about this* game. It's not fair.

--T

*typos and a censored word that shouldn't be censored but oh well, I wasn't swearing, I promise!
  • Options
    parisgracexparisgracex Posts: 80 Member
    Tbh I'm kind of bored of the sims 4 atm, haven't been on it for a week now and whenever I go on it it's like for half an hour if that...

when I had the sims 2 I used to play for hours and never get bored, probably bc it had simple things like toddlers or weather or cars.

Idk just my opinion but I'm tired of getting no news about anything and being disappointed everyday, us as fans deserve better, esp. since we all spend our money buying the games, don't want to cause an argument, just how I'm feeling :(
  • Options
    It would be nice, @SimGuruDrake, if moderation for this site worked both ways. Everyone is welcome to comment but when they're doing it solely to annoy those of us with genuine grievances with this game, shouldn't something be done?

Double standards, or what? Because that's what it feels like! And I would very much like you (in the general sense, I vaguely* remember you saying you don't delete threads yourself) to not delete another of my threads. I'm getting the hump* with being silenced just because I'm not gun-ho happy about this* game. It's not fair.

--T

*typos and a censored word that shouldn't be censored but oh well, I wasn't swearing, I promise!

Drake is a fair mod and has already been in this thread saying something about live streams or what ever they are called and there is a thread on GD talking about is as well so the mods are not silencing anyone.

It is just a case of hanging in there, if you wish to see TS4 thrive, then the time for that will come. If players would rather choose to play an older game like myself, they should also be able to do so. The TS3 GD is full of life at the moment and they also have sections for TS1 and TS2
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AvaTheSimmer123AvaTheSimmer123 Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's becoming really annoying. Making families is almost impossible with the lack of toddlers and features! The Sims 4 comes across as an unfinished, messy and overall rushed game. If EA are going to sit back with their mugs of tea, hoping we'll hush about the fact no effort has gone into making The Sims 4 a great game, that's their issue. I'm sick of waiting patiently for something that isn't going to happen, by the looks of things.

No Story Progression Mode, no toddlers, no open world, no little features. The constant silence coming from EA is a joke and I refuse to support them if they continue to ignore requests for things that should have been in the base game.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

Peace

You're right there are more players who don't care about toddlers like me than I thought. I still prefer sims 3 since there's more going for it though. Sims 4 not having toddlers isn't the issue to me and there's a lot that needs to be done
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Peace

You're right there are more players who don't care about toddlers like me than I thought. I still prefer sims 3 since there's more going for it though. Sims 4 not having toddlers isn't the issue to me and there's a lot that needs to be done

I'm one of the players who do not need toddlers in their game......but I understand, all too well, the feelings of the players who miss them. It's a shame that life stages were interrupted this way. Just to name a couple I miss alternate life states and creative tools missing in build mode.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Peace

I agree with you. I also have many, many issues with this game. Toddlers are just MY main one. They don't have to be yours.

What I don't understand is why people have an issue with others wanting toddlers back in the first place, especially in a game about growth, life, and skill learning. Can I ask how any of these sims learned to walk? Or talk? Or do anything? It breaks immersion for me. I can't even do basic story telling in this game. Yet, in a 10year old game I can get lost for actual real life days in a story about one sim.

--T

One of the reasons could be is that people worry that if time and money is invested in a feature that they aren't interested in it might mean something they do want won't be added. It could be a real fear because recently I was doing a forum search on something a guru posted and I ran across several comments I hadn't seen before. Things like having to choose animations because there wasn't enough in the budget for all the animations they could have used.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright