Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 had.....................

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @luked522 wrote: »
    Witches, which were much better in the Sims 2 than Sims 3.

Wrong, Witches were much better in The Sims 1 than TS2 and TS3 :p

Witches were basic. I think it's time for a power upgrade.

Sorcerers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I miss a great deal about the Sims 2, and in response to the above I do still play it when I can. I hoped that Sims 4 would be an upgrade of 2 (daft I know) but there is so much I took for granted in 2 that is missing from 4. I love the beautiful neighbourhoods but really dislike having 15 sims walking by all at once, it causes lag even on my rig. And like the poster above I do miss being able to choose my lot size and put it where I want, really miss that a lot. I love the new dances and the water features on the neighbourhoods even if I can't actually play with them. There is more to come so I live in hope :)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    luked522luked522 Posts: 39 Member
    > @Simsister2004 said:
    > luked522 wrote: »
    >
    > Also, Sims 2 had private school, which your sims could get into.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ph yeah, and a troublesome translation to Danish (which I am and play). Many players didn't get how to please the school master because of that. And yes, try and play Sims 2 to see if it's really better. I don't think so.

The Sims 2 was better in some ways than Sims 3 and 4, better personalities, better gameplay (more open ended), and more charm to it.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    As I wrote: Try to reinstall Sims 2, play it, and if you play Sims 4, you will see the difference. There was a lot of silly bugs that never was corrected, no matter how long time we waited.
  • Options
    luked522luked522 Posts: 39 Member
    > @Simsister2004 said:
    > As I wrote: Try to reinstall Sims 2, play it, and if you play Sims 4, you will see the difference. There was a lot of silly bugs that never was corrected, no matter how long time we waited.

I have mods to correct a lot of bugs in the Sims 2, and I still have it installed, so that won't be necessary. I think that Sims 2 is better than Sims 4 in many ways. There were cars (not in base game) that actually worked, there was more gameplay, Sims actually had personalities, not just labels based on a personality, and there was more time to actually do all the stuff you wanted to do. This could be because Sims 2 is a finished game and the Sims 4 is not, but for the time being, I think that the Sims 2 is better than 3 and 4.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't miss creating a neighborhood in TS2 or editing a neighborhood in TS3 because I have both installed on my computer.......however I do really, really miss the lack of either in TS4. Plum...I was trying to just build a house today and with the lack of design options I gave up and closed the game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GLachailleGLachaille Posts: 172 Member
    There is quite a bit I have missed about Sims 2 for a while. The genetic traits, toddlers, being able to have muliple separate games at once, but mostly the ability to create my own worlds/neighboorhoods specific to games. I had a whole HP game way back when with the base neighborhood that was UK-ish shaped plus a university town made up like the Hogwarts campus and three sub-hoods -- Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, and Godric's Hollow. All of which were custom maps I made from SimCity.

I will be honest and say when I first saw the multi-world with the smaller neighborhoods in Sims 4, I was hoping they had returned to this style, but alas, not yet. I had hope we get access to some of the other areas of the map to expand the worlds. I have to say I am really tired of the palm trees and there are NOT enough house lots in Windenburg (that was a disappointment).
  • Options
    ShaniaNextDoorShaniaNextDoor Posts: 12 New Member
    Babies puking on your sim !
  • Options
    MayleeMaylee Posts: 80 Member
    > @ShaniaNextDoor said:
    > Babies puking on your sim !

ha ha good times
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't miss creating a neighborhood in TS2 or editing a neighborhood in TS3 because I have both installed on my computer.......however I do really, really miss the lack of either in TS4. Plum...I was trying to just build a house today and with the lack of design options I gave up and closed the game.

That is a great shame. When I played the free trial I was taken aback at how awkward it was to build a house and not be able to use CASt. Co,ours did not match and I did not enjoy decorating

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member

Off-topic here, but this made me laughed so hard :D
  • Options
    Who505Who505 Posts: 24 Member
    can u imagine a beach neighborhood in the Sims 4
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I also miss the creating a neighborhood aspect that was in The Sims 2. It's definitely something I'd like to see come back to The Sims 4 at some point.
  • Options
    Keiko3DKeiko3D Posts: 2 New Member
    What I miss is the CC remove button from the Sims 2! That'd be a very useful feature these days.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    The neighbourhood customisation was just one of the many terrific features in TS2 that subsequent games haven't been able to match. It's so easy to get stuck in and create everything from scratch, you can even completely re-do the subhoods! It still blows my mind just how much freedom you have on the game, especially compared to 4. Create a world had absolutely nothing on the create a neighbourhood feature; like the rest of TS3 it was needlessly convoluted and barely worked.

I've been working on a neighbourhood of my own since around September last year called Goldcrest. It's a place for the super rich (many motherlodes involved, naturally) and the architecture and lots reflect that. I'm not a particularly good builder myself but I've found some excellent cc and it's shaping up really nicely. I've started re-doing all of the subhoods too and renamed them.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Neighborhood customization in TS2 is the absolute best! I love that we could use SC4 to create our own terrains and it was pretty easily adaptable to the game. I love how we could have as many sub-hoods as we want and more than one of the same kind. I can have 10 different downtowns to choose from...a plethora of universities, etc. All I had to do was build it. That's totally why my hood is still not done after all these years...it's a never-ending project.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Neighborhood customization in TS2 is the absolute best! I love that we could use SC4 to create our own terrains and it was pretty easily adaptable to the game. I love how we could have as many sub-hoods as we want and more than one of the same kind. I can have 10 different downtowns to choose from...a plethora of universities, etc. All I had to do was build it. That's totally why my hood is still not done after all these years...it's a never-ending project.

Never-ending project is exactly how I'd describe it too. TS2 has always felt like the most open-ended game for me personally.

Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    @Who505 wrote: »
    Remember when The sims 2 game had the ability to make a nieghborhood, i really miss that

Wrong. Only SimCity 4 had the ability to "Make" a neighborhood :p

But The Sims 2 had the ability to "Edit" an existing neighborhood.

Aggred.

Only in simcity and create a world could we create a world/naughborhood.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

I loved them in 1 and 3

2 were poor :(

• Options
    edited April 2018

I wished I'd bought makin' magic, I was looking at the wiki for the game and I think it looks good.

Making magic was great :)

Will have to install my sims 1 collection again :)
    You can turn kids into adults with it to :)

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2018
    @marcel21 wrote: »
    Who505 wrote: »
    Remember when The sims 2 game had the ability to make a nieghborhood, i really miss that

Aggred.

Actually, you're both wrong and @Who505 is right.
    You can only make a new MAP in SC4. There were more than 10 maps available with 2 types of terrain in the Base game. Making your own neighborhood is more than Editing a pre-existing neighborhood. Take a map and make the neighborhood. :lol:

See the difference between making a map and making a Neighborhood? :cookie:
  • Options
    As I wrote: Try to reinstall Sims 2, play it, and if you play Sims 4, you will see the difference. There was a lot of silly bugs that never was corrected, no matter how long time we waited.

There are many bugs in the sims 4 that were never corrected!!!
    Hell they even come to console packs :(

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Rflong7 wrote: »
    @marcel21 wrote: »
    Who505 wrote: »

Aggred.

Actually, you're both wrong and @Who505 is right.
    You can only make a new MAP in SC4. There were more than 10 maps available with 2 types of terrain in the Base game. Making your own neighborhood is more than Editing a pre-existing neighborhood. Take a map and make the neighborhood. :lol:

See the difference between making a map and making a Neighborhood? :cookie:

Hmmm... April 2016... I was young :p