Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have a bad feeling that there won't be any announcements until after that EA-con thingy. Like they are seriously planning for that (and I also am afraid it's going to end up being a joke like gamerscon or whatever it was called when they announced GT). I also have a really horrible feeling that there's not going to be any GPs until late summer (possibly) if we get one at all. I doubt the way things are going we will be getting more than 1 EP this year (if we even get one), which is super odd considering since the first Sims they have released 2 EPs a year. But I do think we'll get maybe a handful of stuff packs crammed with junk we don't want.

I think it is time to throw in the towel, and reinstall The Sims 3 and hope that whatever broke my game when I had to uninstall it, has been fixed. At least I will get my open world and my toddlers back...and more importantly my Parker <3

Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Are we getting an announcement this week? :)

@SimGuruDrake to can't answer yet, because she hasn't found most traumatic and frustrating "NO" gif.

What if she waits for April Fools' Day to be all like :
    ezgif-2961159381.gif

.....Oh no, wait !
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/oh_yeah_obama.gif[/img]

lol I wouldn't be THAT mean. I actually despise April Fool's Day >.<

I am actually so relieved to hear this x)
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

@SimGuruDrake to can't answer yet, because she hasn't found most traumatic and frustrating "NO" gif.

ezgif-2961159381.gif

.....Oh no, wait !

Glad to hear ! I would agree, but one of my friend's birthdays is on April Fool's :D

I have a friend whose birthday is on April 1st as well, I feel so bad for them because they are constantly getting pranked all day.

Just say no, please! Or say Yes, just say something ( ≧Д≦)

No announcement this week. :)

Thank you!
    Now I can calm down and do my own things.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @ScarletQueenKat1 @PHOEBESMOM601 Beautifully said, both of you.
    Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.

@catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »

@catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.

I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have a bad feeling that there won't be any announcements until after that EA-con thingy. Like they are seriously planning for that (and I also am afraid it's going to end up being a joke like gamerscon or whatever it was called when they announced GT). I also have a really horrible feeling that there's not going to be any GPs until late summer (possibly) if we get one at all. I doubt the way things are going we will be getting more than 1 EP this year (if we even get one), which is super odd considering since the first Sims they have released 2 EPs a year. But I do think we'll get maybe a handful of stuff packs crammed with junk we don't want.

I think it is time to throw in the towel, and reinstall The Sims 3 and hope that whatever broke my game when I had to uninstall it, has been fixed. At least I will get my open world and my toddlers back...and more importantly my Parker <3

Can you please post any confirmation before posting statements like that? Because it's not a fact.

This is purely based on the ''pattern'' of the past, but in fact we don't know anything about that. No one. (Except for the Gurus themselves.)
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.
    And how exactly are we getting two eps this year on this release schedule? The EP announcement will be in June most likely, earliest to be released in July (but most likely August). Sorry cat, it's 1 EP this year, there is no way for 2 imo.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    It feels like TS1 all over again, lacking DLC and a short life span.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »

And how exactly are we getting two eps this year on this release schedule? The EP announcement will be in June most likely, earliest to be released in July (but most likely August). Sorry cat, it's 1 EP this year, there is no way for 2 imo.

Well, if you go by fiscal year, it could still mean two EPs this "year" if the first one is to arrive in the summer and January or February 2017 maybe for the second.

Anyhow, this is all very odd and fishy... I don't know what to think anymore. At this point nothing is for sure and this guessing game is tiresome.

Edit: grammar
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I don't know about it, all I hope is that in the next what ever or so soon, I want Vampires.... ;w; #missingSimsVamps
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    kinot9229 wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »

ezgif-2961159381.gif

.....Oh no, wait !

Glad to hear ! I would agree, but one of my friend's birthdays is on April Fool's :D

I have a friend whose birthday is on April 1st as well, I feel so bad for them because they are constantly getting pranked all day.

Just say no, please! Or say Yes, just say something ( ≧Д≦)

No announcement this week. :)

Thank you!
    Now I can calm down and do my own things.

This. Thank you for the early communication, @SimGuruDrake. I like knowing where I stand so I can either prepare my game for new content, or get on with doing my own thing. So it's good to get the heads-up. Or heads-down in this case. :D
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    It's better with a "No" than nothing at all, but it would be nice with some news, even if the release is months away! It would give us something to look forward to and something to discuss and get excited about!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No new information...no surprise. Whatever interest I had in the upcoming game pack with those "soon" hints has been nullified. Way to go EA Marketing!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I think that whatever it is, it is going to have a variety of stuff. I assume it will be a new world like Magnolia? So one lot could be a Restaurant, one lot could be a bowling alley, one could be a Festival Grounds (Amusement Park would be better, but thats bigger) with food from all the countries at the food booths, and rides for the kids and games that wins you a stuffed animal or your choice of a prize?

Whatever it is, I hope it has plenty for the family to do!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I think that whatever it is, it is going to have a variety of stuff. I assume it will be a new world like Magnolia? So one lot could be a Restaurant, one lot could be a bowling alley, one could be a Festival Grounds (Amusement Park would be better, but thats bigger) with food from all the countries at the food booths, and rides for the kids and games that wins you a stuffed animal or your choice of a prize?

Whatever it is, I hope it has plenty for the family to do!

I wish this were the case. It sounds great!! I would also love a farming pack, while I am wishing. :)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Glimmer50 Oh, don't get me started on farming, LOL. I would love a world that looks like the country. Give me a tractor and all kinds of farming items! I would really love some grunge stuff mixed in with it for the farmhouses (run down looking) and junk in the yard!
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > ENolan wrote: »
    >
    > @ScarletQueenKat1 @PHOEBESMOM601 Beautifully said, both of you.
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.

Where is the proof? Do you have links from the gurus who said that? Unless you do, I don't believe you.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    >
    > Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.

Where is the proof? Do you have links from the gurus who said that? Unless you do, I don't believe you.

it's on twitter
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2016
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

it's on twitter

No, it's not.

The only thing we know for sure is that they are working on a GP.

There is nothing on Twitter that says that we are getting 2 expansions this year at all. They can't and won't talk about future content and when something will release.

CLP is posting statements like that on his own behalf, without actual proof. He is taking the old release schedule as a reference, but we don't know anything for sure. Guru's haven't said anything about that. It is all speculation.

And yes, it is a no-brainer they are working on Expansions too, but there is no evidence that we will actually get 2 EP's this year. We simply do not know.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

An EP could be announced on EA Play and released June, and another could come by the end of the year. It's all speculation. For all we know they could surprise us and have an EP next month. No one knows what they'll do, not you, nor cat. The patterns are all we have, but they broke the patterns on multiple occasions. It would not be unprecedented.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Whatever it is it will be a disappointment....soon.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

it's on twitter

No, it's not.

The only thing we know for sure is that they are working on a GP.

There is nothing on Twitter that says that we are getting 2 expansions this year at all. They can't and won't talk about future content and when something will release.

CLP is posting statements like that on his own behalf, without actual proof. He is taking the old release schedule as a reference, but we don't know anything for sure. Guru's haven't said anything about that. It is all speculation.

And yes, it is a no-brainer they are working on Expansions too, but there is no evidence that we will actually get 2 EP's this year. We simply do not know.

i saw one where they are saying they are working on an ep and gp at the moment but i don't remember where. simgurusarah i think was working on the gp
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options

Next ep will most likely be announced in May not June.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    EA (and definitely SimGuruDrake) knows we are impatient and starving for info. That is why I take this lack of news as good news. I don't know. I just have the feeling that they must be planning something big and they must be pretty sure that whatever is they'll announce it will make up for this wait and we will all be happy again. Otherwise they would have probably squeezed in another SP just to calm the community down.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    EA (and definitely SimGuruDrake) knows we are impatient and starving for info. That is why I take this lack of news as good news. I don't know. I just have the feeling that they must be planning something big and they must be pretty sure that whatever is they'll announce it will make up for this wait and we will all be happy again. Otherwise they would have probably squeezed in another SP just to calm the community down.

No tbh, this next game pack will probably be on the same quality as Spa Day. Which is good but not worth a 9 month wait.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top