Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know when The Sims 3 is awesome when...

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I didn't mean to inspire envy. I just wish EA would leave well enough alone.

Btw, I've read one can often find old Sims discs at thrift stores and on eBay. Good luck, if you want to go Origin-free!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited January 2016
    You know Sims 3 is awsome when ...

... your wizard lives on a creepy houseboat in Dragon Valley and his artificial daughter from Grim's door is trying to become a mermaid (that's what`s happening in my game at the moment).
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Btw, I've read one can often find old Sims discs at thrift stores and on eBay. Good luck, if you want to go Origin-free!

I was just being funny, I didn't mean to sound to serious. :D

You can also find disc versions at Target, which is what I'll have to do as I will not be updating to 1.69.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I got the Sims 2 holiday pack from Amazon.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Astro wrote: »

You can also find disc versions at Target, which is what I'll have to do as I will not be updating to 1.69.

Just keep in mind you have to get the 2009 version of the base game to avoid Origin, even then you have to install the superpatch i believe. target does not carry the 2009 version anymore, I got mine from ebay for $20.00.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member

Just keep in mind you have to get the 2009 version of the base game to avoid Origin, even then you have to install the superpatch i believe. target does not carry the 2009 version anymore, I got mine from ebay for $20.00.

I bought a physical copy of the base game back in 2010, that version is not tied to origin, I also have a few ep and sp that are in disc form, but I do have 2 ep that are digital only and those are tied to origin. So I can't download those without updating to 1.69, which s.ucks, but I'll just wait till target has a sale (which Is often) and buy the packs I don't have). And I already have my game patched to 1.67.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member

I bought a physical copy of the base game back in 2010, that version is not tied to origin, I also have a few ep and sp that are in disc form, but I do have 2 ep that are digital only and those are tied to origin. So I can't download those without updating to 1.69, which s.ucks, but I'll just wait till target has a sale (which Is often) and buy the packs I don't have). And I already have my game patched to 1.67.

Amazon has them, not sure on the prices though, never saw them on sale at Target, would have been nice as I spent a very pretty penny on all my EPs. Glad you got the original base game, that one is a PITA to find now, even on ebay.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Phoebebe13 -Origin had started glitching out and downloading games for some of use when clicking on the patch notice to either download the patch or dismiss the notice and I got TS2 UC though no 169 patch as I saw on my launcher later while offline.I don't mind the notice glitching out and refusing to patch my game since I don't want to be stuck running Origin with Sims 3 unless I get more RAM or get a new computer with more RAM though it would have to be Windows 7 and a laptop.I can't get a desktop until I've gotten settled down and I might have to relocate soon.I've got over 95NRaas Mod files and well over 100 other Mods with tons of CC and the entire Sims 3 collection installed and I have to pause for pictures or end up missing out.My game runs so fast I've played for two simdays in less than 30 minutes and my games usually load from clicking the shortcut to being in a game in less than three minutes even in EA worlds.I hope yous loads that fast and lags as much as mine because it would mean you almost never get lag.

I love how I can play all of my families in a game and even check on an inactive family with my Mods
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    > @Stdlr9 said:
    > phoebebebe13 wrote: »
    >
    > They locked the sims 2 into origin? :s Or is origin forcing you to update the sims 3 if you try to download the sims 2 UC?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe EA locked TS2UC into Origin. The latest patch for TS3 also ties that game to Origin. EA would prefer to tie you, your bank account, every game you own, and all your worldly possessions to Origin.
    >
    > I own all my TS2 & 3 games on disc, and am Origin-free, and it's gonna stay that way!
    >
    > I think using prepaid credit helps. Those things are temporary and it's up to you whether or not to renew it.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    You know that Sims 3 is awesome when you put off playing it because you will spend the remainder of the day playing it. B)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2016
    You know the sims 3 is awsome when you can tell the difference between teenager and young adult in cas.

giphy.gif

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @Charlottesmom I often look at my flickr and instagram to see many of my screenshots. I often go back and read my stories and watch my you tube videos.
  • Options
    You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you can have your wedding on South Beach in Miami and your reception with the Miami skyline in the background.

https://youtu.be/PdUI0_DTaS0
  • Options
    AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    > @lasummerb said:
    > You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you can have your wedding on South Beach in Miami and your reception with the Miami skyline in the background.

> @lasummerb Wow. 18 Sims? How did you do that? :o
  • Options
    > @lasummerb said:
    > You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you can have your wedding on South Beach in Miami and your reception with the Miami skyline in the background.

> @lasummerb Wow. 18 Sims? How did you do that? :o

mod. You can use NRAAS Story Progression on Master Controller. I think I was using SP at the time.
    Some Sims I invited over for a party.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you can have your wedding on South Beach in Miami and your reception with the Miami skyline in the background.

Is that actually a Miami world or just Roaring Heights? I subbed you by the way, if you are The Sims 3 True Diva?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you don't want the kids to age up because there are so many things left to do
    The little things you can do make me so happy. Like my child had a ballet recital and both of her parents came and she got a ballet trophy and she was wearing a little ballet outfit and aww
    And she went on a field trip and it made me really happy that they had an actual teacher with them idk
    I'm rediscovering Sims 3 and I'm loving it <3
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you don't want the kids to age up because there are so many things left to do
    The little things you can do make me so happy. Like my child had a ballet recital and both of her parents came and she got a ballet trophy and she was wearing a little ballet outfit and aww
    And she went on a field trip and it made me really happy that they had an actual teacher with them idk

Welcome back to the greatest game of all time :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2016
    bekkasan wrote: »
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when you can take a horse back ride on a beach with the sunrise. Sorry it is only a link could never figure out how you guys past yours on here like you do lol.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-8_zpsdqtp9udx.mp4

Beautiful. I've never figured out how to make the awesome video's that I see folks making, but that is another awesome thing about Sims3.

Thank you and this video was taken on an Acer Aspire IX axc-6036-uwi3 desk top computer. :smiley:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Me neither. I got happy when my child somehow got younger again lol. She has barely been to school and I keep forgetting about the clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Is that actually a Miami world or just Roaring Heights? I subbed you by the way, if you are The Sims 3 True Diva?

@king_of_simcity7 not rh. Actual Miami world called vice city at fresh Prince creations. If you watch the video this world looks nothing like rh. Yeah I'm Sims true diva.
  • Options
    RRRivasRRRivas Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow, this is really amazing.
  • Options

@king_of_simcity7 not rh. Actual Miami world called vice city at fresh Prince creations. If you watch the video this world looks nothing like rh. Yeah I'm Sims true diva.

Thanks I will try and look it up :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Thanks I will try and look it up :smile:

http://www.freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm
    @king_of_simcity7
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    You know the sims 3 is awesome when your still able to stay at patch 1.67 and start your game without origin
    Lol yes, you know The Sims 3 is awesome when simmers are scouring the net for disk copies of the EPs to replace digital ones, and pre-Origin versions of the BG. Or even repurchasing everything on Steam!

You know TS3 is awesome because in this game, “You Rule” is not just a marketing strategy.

And here are just some of the other things about TS3 that continue to wow me every day:

Modders - You know TS3 is awesome because there are dedicated modders continuing to offer additional options and improvements to the game, well after active development has ended.

CAW and those who create with it - You know TS3 is awesome when you can create your own custom, themed worlds—and even if you lack CAW skills (like me), there are a multitude of player-created worlds to choose from, thanks to an amazing and talented community.

Open World - You know TS3 is awesome when you can follow Sims practically anywhere in a beautiful open world.

windsurfing_zpshmqydc77.jpg

CASt - You know TS3 is awesome when you can use CASt to add different patterns and colors to just about anything, making them one of a kind—even cheap starter homes can have a unique theme and personality.

sailaway_zpsngwdrry9.jpg

Terrain Tools - You know TS3 is awesome because you can use terrain tools to create interesting features like daylight basements, arched bridges and curved roofs in your builds.

basement_zpsebvopaab.jpg

bridge_zpsvuu44otd.jpg

1_zps260605fb.jpg

CAP - You know TS3 is awesome because you can use CAP to create custom patterns for signage or anything else you want to enhance your gameplay or stories. Want a nooboo fathered by a mummy to look the part? You can create a mummy-wrapped burrito baby!

labor_zpsea2833f1.jpg

birth_zpsd25ad0fe.jpg

Or a mermaid with a tail patterned like a koi fish, just because.

mermaidkoi_zpsvog03gi9.jpg

Movie Maker Cheats - You know TS3 is awesome when you have movie maker cheats to pose Sims for screenshots or use in machinima. Get a group together and they can all simultaneously react however you choose.

1.jpg

Fog Emitter - You know TS3 is awesome when you have objects like the fog emitter to add special effects like waterfalls to lots...

screen102.jpg

and other effects to screenshots for storytelling purposes.

2.jpg

3.jpg

You know TS3 is awesome because—just when you think you’ve discovered everything in the game—you find yet another awesome thing that amazes you... <3