Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chance *now with links*

cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
@KaytayRoall is hosting a second chance contest here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865119/second-chances-and-new-beginnings-create-a-sim-contest/p1

Because the forums are sometimes eating posts, links, pics... I thought I'd TRY to post my contribution here.
It consists of a family and a home, but with uploads not working any better than posts right now, this will just be pics for now.

In the bin of homes that comes with the base game, is a lot called Aero Dynamic.
screenshot-e1450132341816.jpg

It's a two bedroom, one bath, open floor plan with fireplace. Unfortunately the dining area is as far away from the kitchen as it could be!
screenshot-2-e1450132355449.jpg

The view from the road isn't too appealing and that pillar holding up that roof just doesn't do much for the home.
screenshot-3-e1450132367100.jpg

I thought the house needed a second chance. More to come...

Post edited by ciane on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015
    So, you saw the before pictures. Now, just what does a second chance mean for this home?

Well, to me, it meant keeping what was there, but moving it around and reupholstering, painting, wallpapering, vanishing. I did buy a few more things and add some fencing and landscaping. Well, you'll see...
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8818139

This, I think, is the best angle of the "before" home. You see the dining area through the big window.
    screenshot-6-e1450132383950.jpg

This is the same angle, just a little bit farther out, with the dining area again visible behind the big window, but in a new location.
    screenshot-8-e1450132401488.jpg

I did change the direction of the roof over what was then the carport. Instead of "taking flight," the home now has a ripple.
    screenshot-10-e1450132410610.jpg

The column is no longer sticking out, looking out of place in the corner, because of the added fencing; and, there are added plants and flowers to add a bit of curb appeal.
    screenshot-14-e1450132439836.jpg

Continued...

Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    Inside, you'll notice that the dining area is now next to the kitchen - a most logical place for it to be, yes?
    screenshot-17-e1450132449656.jpg

The island counters were moved out of the kitchen to make traffic flow better. There weren't any bar stools before though, so I had to buy a couple of them. The couches had a green leather pattern before. Now they are microfiber and a nice soft blue in color. That is a guitar just on the edge by the fire place.
    screenshot-18-e1450132460556.jpg

The bathroom had a green brick before. That was covered with lots of pretty soft blue tile. (The green "mold" on the bathroom appliances was scrubbed off.)
    screenshot-20-e1450132470132.jpg

The single bedroom is still a single bedroom; but it had a crib added, as well as wallpaper. Also, the carpet was pulled up and wood floors underneath were sanded and varnished.
    screenshot-23-e1450132479229.jpg

Still more...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    That brings us to the family itself made up of individuals who are getting a second chance.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8818137

screenshot-24-e1450132491639.jpg
    May Beokay was a typical young Sim. She found life exciting and full of adventure. She loved to try everything. No risk, no gain, right? She might have been a little too bold and not cautious enough for she soon found herself pregnant with the father of her child nowhere around. Sigh. The story of her life... all too often there was some unforeseen outcome to her adventures like pranks gone wrong and broken curfews. When would she learn to think about the possibilities before blindly rushing forward? Well, now she'd have to think seriously before doing something daring as another life depended on her to be there.

Chance Doright might not have always done the right things. He enjoyed the carefree life of a single Sim who had no responsibilities and no one to hurry home to. He might have one or two or three or four more drinks and party with his friends, even if he didn't really remember what he had done the next day. However, when Chance ran into an old girlfriend with a little Chance, he decided he would "do the right thing" and take responsibility for his actions. He, quite literally, had a second Chance. Where would he go from here?

screenshot-27-e1450132502657.jpg

Maybell Beokay was not always around when her daughter needed her. She wasn't the most nurturing or family-oriented Sim around. She often could be found chatting to someone about something. She particularly liked listening to juicy scandals as her own life was rather uneventful. That all changed one day when her daughter became the subject of the most recent scandals. Maybell learned first-hand just how vicious half-truths and insinuations can be. She left behind her old friends, who really weren't friends at all, to be there for her daughter now.
    screenshot-28-e1450132511244.jpg

screenshot-29-e1450132521279.jpg
    Chance and May are hoping things will work with this second chance (in more ways than one). Chance the Second is depending on them. May's mother Maybell is going to stick around to push and prod things along.
    screenshot-30-e1450132532898.jpg

The end... or the beginning?

Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    Oh you really should have a pic of grandma Maybell watching over her second Chance.
    screenshot-32-e1450136390346.jpg
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Good idea to have a new thread while things aren't working properly Ciane. :'( Great backstory. Like the family, and the refurbished house is much improved. B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    I like the result of the house improved and the history of these sims. I am inspired.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
  • Options
    Woot! Awesome! I am glad you are inspired @MegaMauricio! Thanks for all the positive comments. They make me smile this big :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Our second Chance is now fully trained and has been read all the toddler books at the library. He even mastered the xylophone. Those round pegs and square holes still challenge him though.
    screenshot-37.jpg

His dad appears to be quite happy with his new life.
    screenshot-33.jpg

While his dad and his grandma aren't exactly friends, they do appreciate having the other around sometimes.
    screenshot-36.jpg

His mom is especially happy having all the love and support that lets her do well and not worry at work.
    screenshot-35.jpg

Now, if the exchange issues resolve themselves sometime soon, I'll upload the lot and family.

• Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    They just are amazing! I really like them :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Great presentation, @ciane! I'm glad you were able to get your pictures posted and I hope the exchange starts working for you soon!
  • Options
    Depite the fact that the exchange is still not showing any new uploads, I uploaded my family and their home.

family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8818137

home: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8818139