Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Interview from The Sim Supply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ7TlVa6Zfs

Fun tidbits in here! Turns out your sims can be straight up nudists lol

Comments

• Options
    TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    The nude outfit will be so perfect for story telling!
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Interesting. So "any time" you go to a lot you'll see the clubs hanging out there. I thought it was kind of random first. Nice.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Shucks! You beat me to this.

I think the new special feature may be the "nude" outfit type. This is gonna be an awesome.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »

Why does he say there are ten to twelve lots in the world? Is that it? when others have been reporting (fans) it has at least 25 lots? Don't they know? It's confusing because we take them at their word.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I liked that interview. Thanks!

I think it may be time for Frank to hire help at his deli so he can tend the barista bar while the employee rings up customers.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Why does he say there are ten to twelve lots in the world? Is that it? when others have been reporting (fans) it has at least 25 lots? Don't they know? It's confusing because we take them at their word.

He's referring to residential lots, and goes on to say "a couple of venues". The map is readily available, and there's multiple sources telling us about the 27 lot count.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    TMBrandon wrote: »

He's referring to residential lots, and goes on to say "a couple of venues". The map is readily available, and there's multiple sources telling us about the 27 lot count.

So, by your count 10 or 12 residential lots and more than half are what? Venues? Subtracting the 3 we can't alter like the Ruins (funny I built a ruins lot for my game months ago, lol, it's on the gallery and I called it The Ruins ROFL) the mansion etc. that means 14 are venues? minus vacant lots? I just trying to get the clear picture.

ETA: Wanted to add thanks OP for posting this. I think SimGuruRomeo will be my favorite guru since he is a deviant player. >:) I enjoy the fighting!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

So, by your count 10 or 12 residential lots and more than half are what? Venues? Subtracting the 3 we can't alter like the Ruins (funny I built a ruins lot for my game months ago, lol, it's on the gallery and I called it The Ruins ROFL) the mansion etc. that means 14 are venues? minus vacant lots? I just trying to get the clear picture.

ETA: Wanted to add thanks OP for posting this. I think SimGuruRomeo will be my favorite guru since he is a deviant player. >:) I enjoy the fighting!

Yup! That sounds about right looking at the map:
    1_zpsyd52xsgs.png

12 houses built up, 3 of which are unoccupied, then 2 empty lots to do whatever, and 10 venues, and then of course the special 3 = 27.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Thanks for posting. I fear this may have answered most of my questions.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

Yup! That sounds about right looking at the map:
    1_zpsyd52xsgs.png

12 houses built up, 3 of which are unoccupied, then 2 empty lots to do whatever, and 10 venues, and then of course the special 3 = 27.

Ooh, interesting what are the ten venues? Because all I know about was the café, the pub and a new pool lot. (Besides the three we can't alter).
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    We can edit the special lots. They already said they are editable to add anything your might want to add etc. You just can't change the lot type, or use those special types on other lots.

The other 24 you can bulldoze and start from scratch as any type of lot you can think of (other than rentals because they are vacation specific) if you want.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Okay. I didn't finish the video but I'm already confused.

First of all, there's 26 lots. Not 12. Idk what that guy was thinking.

@SimGuruRomeo just said there is no way to make club rivals with each other but then he turned around and said that the bears and knights are always fighting each other. So he just contradicted himself. Unless he means thay bears and knights arr options for the discouraged rules. But he didn't clarify.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I suspect that for some of the venue types where I'm already really happy with what I have in another world (say, my art+science museum in Oasis Springs), I'll end up either replacing with old-style residential or keeping the building and converting it to residential - maybe even as a "conversion" project (come live in this former museum!). One of my favorite things about the world structure in Sims 4 is that I don't need more than one gym in the whole suite of worlds, and since I don't care that much about the inside "feel" of the gym, one is enough.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Going by the icons the venues I see are...

Business district: pool, café, nightclub, gym, park
    Old town: bar, café, library, nightclub
    Rustic country: bar
    Special: bluffs, garden chateau, ruins

The Ruins icon looks kind of like a museum one from that pic. 10 venues, I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

@SimGuruRomeo just said there is no way to make club rivals with each other but then he turned around and said that the bears and knights are always fighting each other. So he just contradicted himself. Unless he means thay bears and knights arr options for the discouraged rules. But he didn't clarify.

Yeah. I have no idea why he said 10 to 12 lots.

As for rivals, he said there's no explicit option in the menu, but you can create rules. I'm assuming he meant that he had his group set to fight opposing clubs? Or maybe just any other club rather that one specific club? I don't know. I'm just assuming you can't set a rule to oppose a specific club. That's what I'm gathering. Another all or none option.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Omg i want to see @SimGuruRomeo in thr nude cooking me bacon.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    @Cinebar I can see 2 pubs (bars), 2 nightclubs, 2 cafes, library, gym, public pool, and the park.

@LoveMcQueen5683 he said "there's no explicit way to make club rivals" meaning there's no specific option or function to make them rival on each other, but as you said there's probably discouraged rules which can encourage the two groups to go against one another. I agree, it isn't completely clarified on how it works.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There's 14 residential of which 8 are occupied.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So, we can make a nudist colony now? Cool!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Yeah. I have no idea why he said 10 to 12 lots.

As for rivals, he said there's no explicit option in the menu, but you can create rules. I'm assuming he meant that he had his group set to fight opposing clubs? Or maybe just any other club rather that one specific club? I don't know. I'm just assuming you can't set a rule to oppose a specific club. That's what I'm gathering. Another all or none option.

They've made it so you can have one-sided relationships between clubs, I think. There are options to "Chat to..." which apparently expand further to set clubs/specific sims (can be encouraged/discouraged). I would assume there is a similar specifying function for the "Fight" option:
    • You could make 2 clubs want to fight each other, or fight everyone. E.G. Rival Gangs or Mobs
    • You could make 2 clubs be friendly to each other, or friendly to everyone. E.G The Versatile Volunteers are friendly with the Elder Community Centre visitors.
    • You could make club A flirt with club B, but make club B mean to club A. So you could have Psycho Groupies that love and try to impress the Punk Lads, but the Punk Lads ignore or avoid interacting with the Psycho Groupies.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I wonder if you can pick the nude outfit for sleepwear.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    EmmaVane wrote: »

They've made it so you can have one-sided relationships between clubs, I think. There are options to "Chat to..." which apparently expand further to set clubs/specific sims (can be encouraged/discouraged). I would assume there is a similar specifying function for the "Fight" option:

• You could make 2 clubs want to fight each other, or fight everyone. E.G. Rival Gangs or Mobs
    • You could make 2 clubs be friendly to each other, or friendly to everyone. E.G The Versatile Volunteers are friendly with the Elder Community Centre visitors.
    • You could make club A flirt with club B, but make club B mean to club A. So you could have Psycho Groupies that love and try to impress the Punk Lads, but the Punk Lads ignore or avoid interacting with the Psycho Groupies.

Do we know this for sure? If that's a fact, what he said made no sense.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Do we know this for sure? If that's a fact, what he said made no sense.

You can choose to "Be mean...." with Everyone, Clubs (specify which), Ages (specify which). I assume Fight with and other interactions work the same:

Around 3:25 ish

https://youtu.be/sFilfQ7T95I?t=3m20s
  • Options

You can choose to "Be mean...." with Everyone, Clubs (specify which), Ages (specify which). I assume Fight with and other interactions work the same:

So you can create rival gangs, unless they changed something?
  • Options

So you can create rival gangs, unless they changed something?

Yes. You could make them mean against just their rivals, or make them mean to everyone, whatever suits your storyline best. You can even make them mean to the Wannabe Thugs who love all the gangs, but aren't liked by any gang.