Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Christmas Holidays 2015

AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
Thought it might be nice to have a thread to share anything Christmas or Hanukkah or other Holiday related - whatever you celebrate at the end of the year!

Share your decorations, how you are celebrating, how your town celebrates and decorates too perhaps. What foods you like at this time of year etc. All that festive fun.

Just a thread to post some joy to share and make merry with our fellow simmers sml_gallery_298_17_308.gif

Here's a big tree in the centre of a mall in my town:

CrRKil7.jpg

I quite like the gold and silver with the butterflies!

Here's a wreath to match:

nxNN7xl.jpg

I haven't put up any decorations myself at home, yet!

Christmas will be quiet for me, and being in Australia it's the middle of Summer - so we usually have cold items to eat - although some people do have the traditional baked lunch or dinner! I plan to have some cold ham and various sides and salads I'll make from scratch. Maybe some Prawns and Seafood Salad. The main dessert will be a traditional Aussie Pavlova!

A big meringue cake topped with fruit and cream! YUM!

8Or71oqQ13c21323239303838xWfgVZz_1349240770.jpg

So please do share your festive family traditions and pics!
-Ann Maree (AM for short)
Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The big tree in the centre of your mall and the wreath looks so very pretty! :) The golden star on top of the tree and the gold and silver coloured baubles on it and the wreath looks so nice! The butterflies are pretty on them both ! Your Christmas Day meal dishes sounds delicious! The fruit topped pavlova looks very yummy! :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @AMofOz lovely thread and lovely pics. I will try to take some if I can get downtown. You have made me very hungry with that pic of the yummy cake!! I'm putting up our small tree this year as we don't have room for the big one with rearranging the small house to fit the hospital bed in for hubby. It will be a very small Christmas this year since I'm not working. I laugh when I say this, being a caregiver is a full time job, just hubby can't pay me :) He is doing much better and yesterday he practiced with PT going down the step leading out of the house. Getting back in was a bit harder for him as that daggum leg just doesn't want to work right yet. My little town has a tradition of a Pajama Party downtown on the Friday after Thanksgiving that sorta sets off the holiday season for the merchants that sponsor it. I've always been working so never able to go. I'm tempted to try to find an hour to go on Friday morning, but, I will not wear my PJ's!!! I've seen pics of entire families that wear those matching footie PJ's in the past and it looks like fun. I love that some can get over their shyness....just not me.
  • Options
    Hello @bekkasan :) It is very loving and special that you are caring for your husband with his health issues. I send hugs to you <3 The Pajama Party in your town sounds fun!
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Oh wow those pictures are truly beautiful :) I especially love the Christmas tree! I will take some pictures soon as well. Where I live the town has now got a really tall Christmas tree which is decorated with lights and looks beautiful at night time :) Next time I go up there I'll get a picture and post it here as well!!

Love and hugs <3
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I laugh when I say this, being a caregiver is a full time job, just hubby can't pay me :) He is doing much better and yesterday he practiced with PT going down the step leading out of the house. Getting back in was a bit harder for him as that daggum leg just doesn't want to work right yet.

My little town has a tradition of a Pajama Party downtown on the Friday after Thanksgiving that sorta sets off the holiday season for the merchants that sponsor it. I've always been working so never able to go. I'm tempted to try to find an hour to go on Friday morning, but, I will not wear my PJ's!!! I've seen pics of entire families that wear those matching footie PJ's in the past and it looks like fun. I love that some can get over their shyness....just not me.

I totally know where you are coming from Bek, I care for my parents, mainly my Dad who has had a couple of strokes and is experiencing memory and other problems. My Mum has very bad eyesight and had a lot of trouble coping when dad got sick, so I moved back to help them any way I can, and she's become very dependent on me now. We just take things day by day, for sure. Every day is a little step in the right direction - I hope it's the same for you, too!

The PJ Party sounds so fun!! HaHa yes whole families dressed in matching PJ's and Onesies would be so fun and funny to do! But I would be too self conscience as well!

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Oo! I will have to remember this thread for later on when I get the tree done for the library I work at. Not up just yet, but since I got some new ornaments for it this year, I've very excited to show it.

I'm not going to bother with decorating my apartment though as I'm hoping to get home for Christmas. They go all out though for Christmas and we even have a real tree every year, although that's more from Dad's stubborness and his dislike from how most artificial trees look. I don't mind either or, but at least you don't have to water the artificial one...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    AMofOz wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I laugh when I say this, being a caregiver is a full time job, just hubby can't pay me :) He is doing much better and yesterday he practiced with PT going down the step leading out of the house. Getting back in was a bit harder for him as that daggum leg just doesn't want to work right yet.

My little town has a tradition of a Pajama Party downtown on the Friday after Thanksgiving that sorta sets off the holiday season for the merchants that sponsor it. I've always been working so never able to go. I'm tempted to try to find an hour to go on Friday morning, but, I will not wear my PJ's!!! I've seen pics of entire families that wear those matching footie PJ's in the past and it looks like fun. I love that some can get over their shyness....just not me.

I totally know where you are coming from Bek, I care for my parents, mainly my Dad who has had a couple of strokes and is experiencing memory and other problems. My Mum has very bad eyesight and had a lot of trouble coping when dad got sick, so I moved back to help them any way I can, and she's become very dependent on me now. We just take things day by day, for sure. Every day is a little step in the right direction - I hope it's the same for you, too!

The PJ Party sounds so fun!! HaHa yes whole families dressed in matching PJ's and Onesies would be so fun and funny to do! But I would be too self conscience as well!

Thanks for sharing!

Hello @AMofOZ :) I send hugs to you as you care for your parents. <3 It is very loving and kind of you. Our parents are very precious to us and special. Sending special thoughts to you as you caringly support them in all that their days are holding with their health issues.
    A sunshine smile too :)
  • Options
    Oo! I will have to remember this thread for later on when I get the tree done for the library I work at. Not up just yet, but since I got some new ornaments for it this year, I've very excited to show it.

I'm not going to bother with decorating my apartment though as I'm hoping to get home for Christmas. They go all out though for Christmas and we even have a real tree every year, although that's more from Dad's stubborness and his dislike from how most artificial trees look. I don't mind either or, but at least you don't have to water the artificial one...lol

Hello @LosaruTaiyo :) It is nice that you are putting up a Christmas tree at the library where you work. It will be a very pretty sight for people to see when they enjoy coming in and borrowing books or study there.
    It is nice that your family has a real tree for Christmas. I hope that you enjoy a very special Christmas time with them. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @LosaruTaiyo :) It is nice that you are putting up a Christmas tree at the library where you work. It will be a very pretty sight for people to see when they enjoy coming in and borrowing books or study there.
    It is nice that your family has a real tree for Christmas. I hope that you enjoy a very special Christmas time with them. :)

It has begun, although I totally left the new ornaments I bought at home so tomorrow is "decorating the tree" day. Don't worry. I'll be sure to get pictures.

I hope so too. It's trying to get home is the hard part. Trying to book the plane is a pain where I live.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    edited November 2015
    rosemow wrote: »

It has begun, although I totally left the new ornaments I bought at home so tomorrow is "decorating the tree" day. Don't worry. I'll be sure to get pictures.

I hope so too. It's trying to get home is the hard part. Trying to book the plane is a pain where I live.

Sounds so fun! When you said Library I thought you might do a book tree:

BookTreeb-366x550.jpg

and now I cannot stop googling Library Book Christmas Trees...

f764470b0be0575450e2810a8cb81fa1.jpg

a88d373a47e4f28b653c527168042041.jpg

3e63e410743dee3786747ffa37f82f7a.jpg

410624a223df9aa326f865a18a8088e7.jpg

• Options
    I have a nurse friend who found this on Pinterest and is going to try and make one for their Nurses Station at her work.

c07ffb88aba4863f8deb406e739fe928.jpg

I love that trees or other festive decorations can be so unique to each person or family or workers. There truly is no two alike.
  • Options
    The pictures of the book trees for the library look so great! :) They suit the libraries so well! Thanks for posting the pictures!
  • Options
    As tempting as that is @AMofOz , All the books I have around at the moment that could be are waiting to be processed for discard, not actually for discard. That and I sadly don't have the space. Very small library.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    As tempting as that is @AMofOz , All the books I have around at the moment that could be are waiting to be processed for discard, not actually for discard. That and I sadly don't have the space. Very small library.

Yeah the same with our local library, so small and getting smaller with them putting money into computers and such! It's definitely a different world!

When I was in highschool I was actually a Library Monitor! Similar to a Hall Monitor just in the schools library - also helped check in and out and books and put them in their right places. That was when we had card catalogs and had to know the Dewey Decimal system. I really loved it.
  • Options
    I was the same in high school. I practically lived in the library. Now I work a college library. :D We aren't getting smaller, but the collection we had was old in terms of school books for the students. When you have guides on how to use MS-DOS, it's time to get in some new stuff. What we're getting in now is fresher material for the students to bring them in more or if anything, the show the ones that usually visit "Oh hey, there's new stuff here I might actually be interested in using."
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Here's some more pics from the local mall from above - They have a Santas Magical Forest theme with stuffed Deer and Rabbits as well as toadstools, trees and such! Very cute!! It reminded me of the film Bambi!

z9lhzEn.jpg

OsWulJr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sorry it took me so long but I do now have some festive pictures to share :) these pictures below are from when me and my Dad went to pick up my brother from Argos :) Sorry that they're a bit blurry, I was in the car taking them whilst we were driving along :)

Here they are:

Image3095_zpsses0p7zb.jpg

Image3100_zpsh79kqygj.jpg

Image3097_zpsnobfumr7.jpg

I love your pictures @AMofOz :) I especially love the cute deer <3 but also really like the white tree as well :) Your pictures are wonderful!! I can't wait to see the next ones you share :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • Options
    CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh I love this thread! As soon as I feel less fluish I'm going to decorate the apartment, I can't wait to show off some pictures with all of you! I loooove those book trees Amoz! I can't wait to see what your library looks like with your decorations up @LosaruTaiyo ^_^ @rosemow as always you are just the sweetest and I'm coming in for a hug! *runs in and gives Rose a hug*

This was a picture of last years tree for us, living with limited space makes decorating a challenge but I can't help but love making it work all the same. It makes me constantly smile to see holiday decorations, its such a lovely time of year!

I have no excuse as to the blurriness of my picture hehe! Just a cruddy old camera x3 The dog was giving us the 'this is boring' look as we had just finished wrapping presents and instead of doing the sensible thing and putting the table away to make room for wrestling, we decided to be boring and play cribbage instead.

OooqIh7.jpg
  • Options
    Hello @Ceea :)

I love your picture :) the tree looks absolutely beautiful all lit up <3 I bet your tree this year will be even better this year! And hopefully when it comes to buying the tree and wrapping presents you will be feeling better :) For me Christmas is special because of families getting together but I do love the Christmas tree, especially when it's all lit up shining brightly at night time <3 I've already done all of my Christmas shopping and thankfully have pretty much finished the wrapping as well :)

I love your picture, and you dog looks so cute as well! :) Lovely pictures.

Sending get well hugs your way <3

Matthew.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello @Ceea :) I send a big hug back to you <3
    I am sorry that you have the flu . I hope that you feel better very soon.
    Your Christmas tree from last year looks so pretty! :) The presents look great placed around the base of the tree, ready to be opened for Christmas. Your dog is very nice!
    I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your decorated apartment this year too :)
  • Options
    Great shares @Sennie and @Ceea I'm feeling very Christmassy now!
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Merry Christmas, all!
    Leave me cookies.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas, all!
    Leave me cookies.

Upside Down Gingerbread Man Reindeer Cookies!!

reindeer-gingerbread-men-recipe.jpg

Or

Melted SnowMan Cookies!

MeltedSnowmanCookies.jpg