Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soocoolsim's Gifts for the "SPOOKTACTULAR GIFT EXCHANGE" :)

Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi Soocoolsim and fellow gift exchange members. :)

For your first gift may I present Cheerful Victorian!

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8780653

I was actually in the mood to make a Victorian style build so when I read your letter I was excited to see that style of build to be something you would like. :) The concept I went for was an old Victorian home that has been renovated to keep it's original charm blended with modern features such a computer and a TV. :)
Cover%20Photo_zpsyradatee.jpg
Screenshot-3203_zpssohkr9uf.jpg
Siggy_4.jpg
Post edited by Catdog123 on

Comments

• Options
    It is a three story home and has three bedrooms and 3 and a half bathrooms. :)

Screenshot-3208_zpsn6s52yrr.jpg
    Screenshot-3207_zpsahcdgq2p.jpg
    Screenshot-3209_zpscpt2ehft.jpg
    Screenshot-3210_zpsoargrync.jpg
    Screenshot-3216_zps21yzowx3.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    This my first time getting to use the TV from the Gothic Glamour set. I think it really suits the look of the house. I tried to keep the colors a bit more muted and not overly bright as you mentioned not caring for bright colors in homes.

Screenshot-3204_zpsdp1nxggr.jpg
    Screenshot-3213_zpsc9vnjsxw.jpg
    Screenshot-3205_zpsah6jvcnf.jpg
    Screenshot-3212_zpsb5lt78k1.jpg
    Screenshot-3206_zpshfpy9mug.jpg

This is personally my favorite space in the house a balcony with two rocking chairs and the wind chimes. :) I just find it a nice place to relax and watch the sun come up or go down. :)

Screenshot-3096_zpszju4rclp.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Wow! Where's the jaw drop smilie when you need it? :o
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    That is truly an amazing build. Very beautiful and detailed.
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Oh my gaaaaaaawd! That house is beautiful! :love:
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    :open_mouth: What a beautiful house, Catdog! Wonderful job!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Located on a hill in Hidden Springs is this aging Victorian home referred to as Nolen Manor.
    Screenshot-3194_zpsbqmbg69x.jpg

This house has been abandoned since the unexplained death of the owner in the late 1800s. The wood is creaking, the paint is peeling, and the plants are all either overgrown or withered but one curious thing remains a garden of white flowers that have remained healthy and beautiful all of these years.
    Screenshot-3177_zpse2m80gkg.jpg

This house has been nicknamed by many of the town residents the "Gloomy Victorian."

A young author by the name of Liam fell in love with this home's Victorian charm and seclusion looking for a nice quiet home to settle down in and work on his writing. He got the electricity and water hooked up and moved in a few of his things like a laptop and a TV.
    Screenshot-3182_zpsojjvvezo.jpg
    Screenshot-3191_zps7gfhsu6s.jpg

Upon exploring the house further he found himself admiring a painting of a beautiful woman with red hair in the spare bedroom. Who was she? Did she live here once?
    Screenshot-3183_zpsacdrqop8.jpg

Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    One night he heard a strange otherworldly sound coming from his office where he found the shimmering gold ghost of a woman examining his laptop.
    Screenshot-3184_zpsdicv1fsy.jpg

When she saw him she disappeared through a wall but that would not be his last encounter with her. When things would settle down she would attempt to scare him, many times succeeding at it.
    Screenshot-3186_zpsz8v86aqh.jpg

After many attempts to frighten him from the house she eventually attempted to communicate with him and explain her story. Many nights they would talk about her past.
    Screenshot-3185_zpsmeaqa3ot.jpg

Her name was Cora Nolen and she was once a young alchemist who lived in this house with her parents and she was the one who maintained the garden in the courtyard through these years.
    Screenshot-3190_zpssee6yzyd.jpg

As they spent more time together their relationship grew into a friendship and then into something more...
    Screenshot-3180_zpsbizrxba9.jpg

After a bit of research Liam learned of a recipe called ambrosia that is said to have the powers to bring ghosts back to the realm of the living. He has now made it his life goal to learn how to make this dish and bring Cora back to life.

Screenshot-3187_zpssi5a7xrl.jpg

One question still remains, what is up with this bookcase on the third floor of the house? Why does Cora keep Liam from going near it? Could it have something to do with her death?

Screenshot-3189_zpsutsex1oj.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay now that I have tortured you with my questionable writing skills. :P I present you with gifts two and three for the this gift exchange.

After building the first Victorian home I started on a second Victorian build but that felt somewhat boring to me as I had already made one. I was trying to think of fun ideas that could go with the time of the year and I decided to change this second Victorian home to a haunted house which resulted in Gloomy Victorian. I thought it might be fun to have a fixeruper of sorts. A house with good bones ready for a new family and a fresh coat of paint.
    Cover%20Photo_zpslm2vbb3e.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8780938

Some pictures of the house:
    Screenshot-3195_zpsfueufhw1.jpg
    Screenshot-3197_zpspzcs3mzt.jpg
    Screenshot-3199_zps5sarpwxt.jpg
    Screenshot-3198_zpsuk1ku75b.jpg
    Screenshot-3200_zpsvpw1dasg.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I also thought since you said you were open to occult Sims due to the time of the year that I would make you a household with an occult in it. What I came up with was a household that has an occult sim but with the end goal of turning her back into a human which to me sounded like a fun little spooky/Halloween challenge. Also if you decide you do not like playing an occult sim she wont have to stay that way. This is how the Ghost Writer household came to be. The version of the home with the household is slightly different from the uninhabited version of the house such as the lack of a television. I learned some new techniques with tile flooring in bathrooms and kitchens while building for you. I really had a blast working on these two gifts and I really hope you enjoy them.

Cover%20Photo_zps6fm3r2eb.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8780939

Stay tuned for more gifts.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Add the links already! *Waiting impatiently*
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :)

Lol @ciane the links are posted now. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Yay! Happy dancing and downloading to commence.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Holy moly smoke. @Catdog123, total jaw drop. OK, let's start with the Cheerful Victorian. What an amazing, beautiful and detailed build. I am floored you took so much time to make both these fantastic houses for me. From the darling pond in the front and pretty landscaping, to the lovely recolours for the interior design and excellent use of objects, I love everything about this home.

Then you come up with no. 2. Another really cool build with Gloomy Victorian. This one is going straight into Midnight Hallow. I love the backstory which makes it even more interesting. I will have lots of fun evolving this relationship and can't wait to download both later today and explore these excellent creations in game. This is so very exciting!! Thank you so very much. Hugs :D<3
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Catdog ~ You already know how much I love these builds and more sims for my game! I mean for Soocoolsims game of course lol
  • Options
    @soocoolsim I am so glad that you like them. Gloomy Victorian will be a great fit Midnight Hollow. :) I hope you have fun with them, a couple more gifts are coming later this week. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Catdog - WOW! These are fantastic gifts for @soocoolsim! Heading over to your studio and rec'ing them!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Catdog123 I've already told you this before but I wanted to stop by and tell you again my thoughts, I adore this style of Victorian home. I think the build is very perfect for the Victorian era and the landscape compliments the build very well. I think the interior is decorated wonderfully and the colour scheme suits the Victorian era very well.

Nolen Manor/Gloomy Victorian is very chilling indeed, I love how you have managed to get that gloomy feel across. I quite like the healthy area of the grounds, I am very curious as to why only that area as remained healthy..ooh the mysteries that could be discovered.

Ohh the mysterious unravels, I simply adore Cora and Liam. :)

I have stopped by to rec all for you. :)

• Options
    For gift number 4 I made you an occult sim that I have come to really enjoy these past few weeks.

So I present the genie Amina Kira:
    Cover%20Photo_zpsjqv9vacd.jpg

While her powers are not as great as a Genie in a lamp she enjoys her freedom. To be able to go where she pleases and great her own life wishes.
    Screenshot-3191_zpsz9izgpg8.jpg
    Screenshot-3184_zpso3ucai0l.jpg

I started playing a genie shortly before the exchange started and have really enjoyed all of their really useful powers. They are a lot like human sims in a way as they can be made to look fairly human but have a few useful powers.
    Screenshot-3185_zpsbq3qutd7.jpg

Like being able to summon any food available in the game (with certain exceptions like ambrosia)
    Screenshot-3186_zpsvai72opg.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I had a lot of fun designing her clothes I tried to go for something that looks a bit genie like but not too out there. Here is some of her other clothes.

Formal:
    Screenshot-3188_zpsanjrzlby.jpg

Swimwear:
    Screenshot-3189_zpsgdbt4kqx.jpg

I thought that bikini really suited a genie. :)

Here is her download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8782014

I hope you enjoy her in game as much as I have been enjoying genies. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome, simply awesome! I recently played a couple genies and love that summoning food and the ability to magically clean any sim. That is super for stinky sims at uni especially!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Genies are so much fun. ;) And you did a great job on her wardrobe, I love it!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Catdog123

Both Victorian homes are absolutely stunning in their own, special way! Honestly can't decide which I like more.
    The story for Liam and Cora is wonderful, too and gives one a real feel for the characters.

Amina is beautiful and looks like she knows how to enjoy life :smiley:

These are wonderful gifts for soocoolsim (and others!) to enjoy!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    For your final gift I really wanted you to have something that really went with this time of year. So I decided to go with a festival lot to really enjoy Spooky day along with the upcoming holidays. :) I have been wanting to renovate the EA festival lots which I thought I would start that with making you a gift. I didn't care for the festival lot in Hidden Springs and so I decided to change the big empty park in the middle of Hidden Spring's town center into the new festival lot. Really this festival lot does not have to be in Hidden Springs I think the look is not overly specific and could work in a lot of worlds. :)

Cover%20Photo_zpsxywbpqmy.jpg

I replaced the some of the stone areas that had nothing to do with a few pocket parks.
    Screenshot-3140_zps9ak3zm0n.jpg
    Screenshot-3141_zpswanoxkcn.jpg

I also renovated the cafe to be a functional cafe.
    Screenshot-3243_zpsf81qxwmn.jpg

The festivals are bellow along with an exchange link. :)

For these festivals I will have my gloomy witch family the Ashcrofts show off the festival lot.
    Screenshot-3220_zpswin9xcgg.jpg

Important Note: When testing the showtime effects machines I noticed that when part of a festival the effects do not stick from build mode and need to be reset in game. I will list what effects I used for each festival in each festival's individual post.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Each festival has all of the activities that EA has by default along with new activities from other expansions and the store.
    The Sunshine Fair
    Screenshot-3219_zpsjhrde650.jpg

Summer Festival activities include:
    Soccer
    Water Balloon Arena
    Ping Pong
    Frog Bog Slip n' Slide
    Skee Ball
    Tanning Booths
    Face Painting
    Family Photo Booth
    Hot Dog Eating Contest
    Summer Concessions including Snow Cones and Lemonade Stand

Effect Machines: All effect machines need to be set to "Fireworks"

Some pictures showing some of my sims visiting the lot. :)
    Screenshot-3227_zpstexsbn9c.jpg
    Screenshot-3225_zpsxl8d7mbp.jpg
    Screenshot-3221_zpsmx9qkhlu.jpg
    Screenshot-3226_zps9fgatip0.jpg
    Screenshot-3223_zpsrlrox5iw.jpg
    Screenshot-3228_zpso86fsks9.jpg

Siggy_4.jpg