Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 10 runs better Sims 4?

I 'm Updating to Windows 10, Someone already tested Sims 4? the game runs Better?
xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 will be officially supported on Windows 10.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I can't say anything for sure because I moves my Sims 4 on SSD - so it seems the same actually.

If noone returns with their experience on classic HDD in a few days, I'll move Sims back on my slow hard drive and do the test.
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Seam the same on my laptop.
    But it messed graphic setting along the way
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Starting the upgrade process as we speak .Alittle nervous
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    Just finished upgrading and testing my apps. I don't know if it's windows 10 or not but Sims 4 loads somewhat faster with my 2gb of CC, framerates stay the same though. I've yet to see any problem with the game.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    My game runs way faster than it did with 8.1
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »

Same Here
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • Options
    emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    I canceled my update because I'm too scared right now >_< I don't want to regret it and then I'm stuck with a faulty OS. Should I just leap and do it?
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    emilyduru wrote: »
    I canceled my update because I'm too scared right now >_< I don't want to regret it and then I'm stuck with a faulty OS. Should I just leap and do it?

Do it! xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Lordredzzz wrote: »
    KeyserFn wrote: »

Same Here
    I had a vague felling loading times was shorter, but I though it was placebo effect.

While everything went flawless in my case, i would advice waiting a bit before hitting the update trigger. Lot of hair pulling on an other board, despite most people there being tech savy. Still wondering if I should update my desktop. Afraid win10 won't activate after clean re-install.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I think I missed the pre order thingy :s I was scared that the game wouldn't work, but apparently all the sims games work amazingly on it, so I'm pretty mad at myself :'(
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Allot of people are having errors either downloading or when it installs.( Mine failed multiple times.) My advice is to wait a little and hopefully Microsoft can fix some of the issues.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    I think I missed the pre order thingy :s I was scared that the game wouldn't work, but apparently all the sims games work amazingly on it, so I'm pretty mad at myself :'(
    I've also ditched that "preorder" offer, so what? I was on win10 before those who did the preorder. ;)
    If you want to upgrade to win10, grab it from microsoft's site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Keep in mind that this upgreade is free for next 12 months, so there is no need to rush.
    Allot of people are having errors either downloading or when it installs.( Mine failed multiple times.) My advice is to wait a little and hopefully Microsoft can fix some of the issues.
    Not allot people, but there are problems definetly. The upgrade fails on some machines for currently unknown reasons.

I've seen somewhere mentioned black screens and unresponsive installation so it might be (I'm suspecting) BIOS setting.
    I suggest turning off "fast boot" (it doesn't fire up all devices on boot). Also, SecureBoot should be disabled and UEFI/legacycompatible mode should be enabled.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    @JoxerTM22 God, I feel stupid now :sweat_smile: but thanks! :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited July 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I've also ditched that "preorder" offer, so what? I was on win10 before those who did the preorder. ;)
    If you want to upgrade to win10, grab it from microsoft's site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Keep in mind that this upgreade is free for next 12 months, so there is no need to rush.
    Not allot people, but there are problems definetly. The upgrade fails on some machines for currently unknown reasons.

I've seen somewhere mentioned black screens and unresponsive installation so it might be (I'm suspecting) BIOS setting.
    I suggest turning off "fast boot" (it doesn't fire up all devices on boot). Also, SecureBoot should be disabled and UEFI/legacycompatible mode should be enabled.
    Downloads that do not start or errors during the upgrade process.. or stuck downloads. If someone wants a trouble free download and install then I suggest wait.
    Btw disabled fast boot a year ago ;)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    So glad to hear the news that Windows 10 works with our Sims! :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm considering upgrading to Windows 10 too. But my question is, will I need to back up my Sims 4 files to an independent memory unit like an external hard drive or a flash card first or not before upgrading? :/
  • Options
    If thing goes as planned, no.

But, before doing such a big update, do an external backup of things that matter.
  • Options
    I would think that one would have to back up the files that they have on their computer for an obvious reason. This would include any and all Sims game file data that they have. :/
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    If I could go back, I wouldn't update for awhile. Spent about four hours trying to fix issues with graphics. The computer would just restart over and over. Eventually solved the issue, but it was a headache.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Simslikeee wrote: »
    If I could go back, I wouldn't update for awhile. Spent about four hours trying to fix issues with graphics. The computer would just restart over and over. Eventually solved the issue, but it was a headache.
    Here's the problem with that. Some update are required, like July 28th's was. But generally the computer will work out some issues with the game anyways, no matter if one updates the game or not. This is why that I have had very few problems with the game since Sims 3. :)

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    My game doesn't work well with Windows 10. Framerates went from 45-60fps to 30-55fps and the game looks little fuzzy. The fuzzyness comes and goes while playing and it's really annoying, and graphics look like i have them on low settings even though i have them always on high. I've tried everything from fresh install to updating drivers from my graphics card, nothing works. Seem like i'm not going to play for a while now.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    My game doesn't work well with Windows 10. Framerates went from 45-60fps to 30-55fps and the game looks little fuzzy. The fuzzyness comes and goes while playing and it's really annoying, and graphics look like i have them on low settings even though i have them always on high. I've tried everything from fresh install to updating drivers from my graphics card, nothing works. Seem like i'm not going to play for a while now.

Hello.
    Perhaps try playing in full window mode.or changing the resolution.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Start, settings, system, display. Or rightclick on your desktop then click display settings.
    Set DPI (size of text etc) to 100%.
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2015
    Ah, after seeing that it is running faster for people I really want to upgrade mine to Windows 10 but I have to wait until I know for sure that LiS can run on Windows 10, the struggle lol. :D