Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 10 runs better Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well I'm having issues with my pc again (hardware related very likely) but from the times I am able to play the game it runs very well with windows 10. I'm not fully adapt to the new OS I had 7 for a loooong time, but it's not much diferente, it just has more Microsoft applications xD But it's cool :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Well I'm having issues with my pc again (hardware related very likely) but from the times I am able to play the game it runs very well with windows 10. I'm not fully adapt to the new OS I had 7 for a loooong time, but it's not much diferente, it just has more Microsoft applications xD But it's cool :)

Just turn off everything that sends data to Microsoft (NSA probably) and it'll be all good. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Just turn off everything that sends data to Microsoft (NSA probably) and it'll be all good. ;)

xD Yeah but I'm having actual issues has in sometimes the pc freezes (my mouse works though) and the pc reeboots and asks to "reebot and select a proper boot device" don't know what's going on....have no mallware nor the OS has currupted files nor my hard drive. It was happening a little bit before I installed the new OS. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Most probably the electronics part on HDD or HDD controller on the motherboard is dying.
    Make backup of important things then take the rig to a service.
  • Options
    Most probably the electronics part on HDD or HDD controller on the motherboard is dying.
    Make backup of important things then take the rig to a service.

Thanks I'll do that :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I managed to upgrade my desktop and laptop using the ISO file. The game runs less choppy on my GTX 970. No other problems to report. It's much much better then 8.1
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    I managed to upgrade my desktop and laptop using the ISO file. The game runs less choppy on my GTX 970. No other problems to report. It's much much better then 8.1
    Did you find out what was stopping it in the first place?

• Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    what is lis?

Life is Strange
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2015
    Your only going to get a small amount more performance than before. My opinion is based upon a formal Microsoft employee. Games are not going to see as much performance unless the Game Dev codes it in. On my secondary computer it doesn't have Sims 4. I wont have anyway of knowing.
    I am not going to upgrade the computer I am using right now. I would need to get some .dll files for Sims 2 ultimate edition. This computer has to much to lose. Before I do any of that I need to expirement and turn off features in Windows 10. I will probably get rid of all the games that windows 10 comes with.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    james64468 wrote: »
    I will probably get rid of all the games that windows 10 comes with.
    Everyone should.
    Some are adware, some are spyware.

How to kill bloatware stuff you don't want on your PC:
    http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-remove-a-specific-bundled-app-in-windows-10-individually/
    http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-remove-all-bundled-apps-in-windows-10/
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I found the solution to my problem, I had FXAA anti-aliasing turned on in the NVIDIA control panel and when i turned it off the game looks normal again, but framerates aren't any better.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Why didn't you just open nVidia experience and use "optimize" option for Sims 4 settings?
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Did you find out what was stopping it in the first place?
    No, but the reserved download was seriously buggy. Iso much better and quicker.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I don't know about Windows 10 but my game is working really good with just Windows 8.1.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    You sure it's not the recent update? Cuz I'm still on Windows 8.1 and it's been running quite a bit faster than it has before and I haven't changed any settings or added/removed anything to my computer
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2015
    Why didn't you just open nVidia experience and use "optimize" option for Sims 4 settings?
    I tried but it didn't help anything at all, I had to correct settings directly from the control panel by myself
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    But that's completely odd.
    See my setting for TS4, FXAA is not turned on and I didn't do anything:

pic.jpg

You sure you didn't turn it on sometime in the past?
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Sadly as I used Windows 10 I started to not like it,so I went back to 8.1
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    I updated my 5 systems with Win 10 and so far no problems. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen