March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
I thought it would be fun to start up a community writing challenge here on the forums. I've seen building challenges, cc challenges, and maybe even some screenshot challenges. I think it's time for the storytellers to get in on the fun.

Everyone is invited to participate in these upcoming writing challenges. It doesn't matter if you've been a writer your whole life or if you're just starting out. I promise a welcoming thread for everyone!

General Guidelines:
  • New "theme" is announced on the 1st of every month.
  • Submissions must be in the form of a "short story".
  • You have the whole month to write and submit your short story.
  • Entries can be anywhere from 500-1500 words and contain anywhere from 1- 12 Sims-game screenshots. You can use a mix of Sims pictures and non-sims pictures, but you must use at least one picture you take in one of the Sims games. (Check the 2nd post - The post with the current theme - For any special rules/exceptions each month)
  • You can write your submission on your blog or on a forum thread.
  • To enter just post a message with a link to your submission for that month.
  • You can use any Sims from any and all Sims games for these challenges even if you already use them in another story.
  • At the end of the month we will all vote to pick a winner for that month. Voting will be open for 4-5 days after the end of each month. (The link to vote will be posted each time.)
  • You may write more than one story each month, but you must select only one for submission into the challenge.

If you participate in a challenge you feel free to display the banner below in your forum signature, blog, etc.

6625487_orig.jpg

Click here to download the participant banner.

There will also be banners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place specific for each month. This way you can display a collection of them if you eventually win more than one challenge :)

E7A0Fe3.jpg
Current Stories:
Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
Post edited by Carewren123 on

Comments