Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I need to download the new MCC patch. Glad I hadn't played that file yet xD
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone. Here's an update from Friends of Foes.

Please don't skip this interlude chapter because it's an important part of the plot. XD Also, Loki's whereabouts are explained in this.

Interlude: Alex's Cousin Has A Pen Pal
    interlude-alex-s-cousin-has-a-pen-pal_orig.png
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Good morning! I hope all is well with you.

Playing some Sims this morning before work...trying to get my story to the point that it will be 'ready' for Seasons!
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Playing some Sims this morning before work...trying to get my story to the point that it will be 'ready' for Seasons!

Hey Rosey! I'm in game playing seasons right now, just started in Spring, and the first thing I saw was that the plants (even some of the decorative ones) weren't in bloom just yet.

Here's the cutie that I'm testing things out with, she's bravely wearing a summer dress in brisk spring morning weather! :D
    abbiedrew.jpg
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2018

I've just realised that I have no idea how I'm going to include seasons in to my stories. :lol: I plan on getting it next week at some point, I can't get it tomorrow so I'm going to avoid all the seasons pics until then. I did that with C & D though. :joy:

Edit: Literally as I was typing that I'm avoiding seasons pics, Munter posts a seasons pic... :|
  • Options

Hey Rosey! I'm in game playing seasons right now, just started in Spring, and the first thing I saw was that the plants (even some of the decorative ones) weren't in bloom just yet.

Here's the cutie that I'm testing things out with, she's bravely wearing a summer dress in brisk spring morning weather! :D
    abbiedrew.jpg

Amazing!!! Love it. And she's a pretty one :)
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I've just realised that I have no idea how I'm going to include seasons in to my stories. :lol: I plan on getting it next week at some point, I can't get it tomorrow so I'm going to avoid all the seasons pics until then. I did that with C & D though. :joy:

Edit: Literally as I was typing that I'm avoiding seasons pics, Munter posts a seasons pic... :|

Oh no!!! You might need to stay away from all of the internet until you get it. lol

I'm making it...since I'm in a Build Newcrest Challenge...that once they complete the first generation's aspiration (so close!!) and move out, the town 'comes alive'!
  • Options

Oh no!!! You might need to stay away from all of the internet until you get it. lol

Probably. I'm not sure whether I'm going to download seasons straight away though. Or at least find a way to turn the pack off before I go in my story saves. (There's a way if I remember correctly. :) ) I need to figure out a way to incorporate snow into my stories. This is my current plan:
    PTLT - Keep it on Spring/Summer (without seasonal effects, which can be turned off in the game menu) as there isn't snow in that area. It just gets cold.
    LL - All Seasons. I'll probably jump into winter immediately as I'm in November in-story and haven't shown outside that much yet. :)
    BL - All Seasons but need to find a way to incorporate snow as we've had winters before in it and they've been cold but sunny. :/ I could have Rye's YA years somewhere where snow happens a lot and just say the 'state' she lives in (made up of Newcrest, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and San Myshuno) just doesn't get snow often.
    WAWRMO - All Seasons but I don't need to worry about snow as I don't think OS has snow in winter. Yay for not having to explain that!

Overall: Not sure whether to keep my rain board mod thing. :joy: I probably will 'cause it's cool and I can't rely on my game to do what I want.
  • Options
    People post links to the things they've uploaded so people can download them if they want to. Ummm... How do I do that. i can't figure it out. I've only managed to get to my page, but not the specific page of the specific download.
  • Options

Probably. I'm not sure whether I'm going to download seasons straight away though. Or at least find a way to turn the pack off before I go in my story saves. (There's a way if I remember correctly. :) ) I need to figure out a way to incorporate snow into my stories. This is my current plan:
    PTLT - Keep it on Spring/Summer (without seasonal effects, which can be turned off in the game menu) as there isn't snow in that area. It just gets cold.
    LL - All Seasons. I'll probably jump into winter immediately as I'm in November in-story and haven't shown outside that much yet. :)
    BL - All Seasons but need to find a way to incorporate snow as we've had winters before in it and they've been cold but sunny. :/ I could have Rye's YA years somewhere where snow happens a lot and just say the 'state' she lives in (made up of Newcrest, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and San Myshuno) just doesn't get snow often.
    WAWRMO - All Seasons but I don't need to worry about snow as I don't think OS has snow in winter. Yay for not having to explain that!

Overall: Not sure whether to keep my rain board mod thing. :joy: I probably will 'cause it's cool and I can't rely on my game to do what I want.

Those ideas are pretty good!! It's great that we can control what kind of weather we get! Go you! Very creative.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    People post links to the things they've uploaded so people can download them if they want to. Ummm... How do I do that. i can't figure it out. I've only managed to get to my page, but not the specific page of the specific download.

Could you explain a bit more? I can't quite figure out what you're saying.
  • Options

I'm hoping snow is an option. Apparently it is and you do have the option to turn it off.
  • Options
    Ummm...

Example : I upload a sim to the gallery, and use it in a story. "If people want to use it, here's the link."

I've seen a couple people do that and I can't figure out how to get exact links to the gallery. All I know is "here's the name it's under in the Gallery, and what my ID is"
  • Options

I'm hoping snow is an option. Apparently it is and you do have the option to turn it off.

Snow is an option. Here's an article on it.
  • Options
    Ummm...

Example : I upload a sim to the gallery, and use it in a story. "If people want to use it, here's the link."

I've seen a couple people do that and I can't figure out how to get exact links to the gallery. All I know is "here's the name it's under in the Gallery, and what my ID is"

You need to use the online gallery and find them on there. :)
  • Options

Snow is an option. Here's an article on it.

Yusss. Otherwise I would have been plummed. Thanks @Bugsie2016 :)
  • Options
    I did that, but it only gave me a pop up and no option to direct link. Hence why i'm super confused.
  • Options
    I did that, but it only gave me a pop up and no option to direct link. Hence why i'm super confused.
    You copy the url from the URL bar at the top of your search engine. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah seasons can be downloaded tonight at 9
  • Options

Please don't skip this interlude chapter because it's an important part of the plot. XD Also, Loki's whereabouts are explained in this.

whos alex cousin. i'm not past chapter 1 yet. because reading again made me realize how far behind my writing is. which is now farther behind because of seasons.
  • Options

whos alex cousin. i'm not past chapter 1 yet. because reading again made me realize how far behind my writing is. which is now farther behind because of seasons.

Alex has many cousins. Analisa is one of them. She's an archeologist. :)
  • Options
    ui cheats was updated today.

i know i haven't been around a lot today even though i hate friday 9 pm thursday is taking forever to get here.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @simscognito Matt and Jesse (Matt's fellow youtuber) are beyond schedule with a podcast they're doing because of Matt and because of it they posted a bloopers from a couple of the "Operation Ritas " storyline. I watched the bloopers last night and I asked if Matt's wife Alicia was filming or if the camera was on a tripod someplace and Jesse replied to my comment and Matt responded to Jesse's and Jesse responded back to Matt's.

Jesse "Tripod Alicia has better things to do then watch us act like 🐸🐸🐸🐸.s for an hour"

Matt "Alicia Appreciates this Response =)"

Jesse "I thought she Might"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito Matt and Jesse (Matt's fellow youtuber) are beyond schedule with a podcast they're doing because of Matt and because of it they posted a bloopers from a couple of the "Operation Ritas " storyline. I watched the bloopers last night and I asked if Matt's wife Alicia was filming or if the camera was on a tripod someplace and Jesse replied to my comment and Matt responded to Jesse's and Jesse responded back to Matt's.

Jesse "Tripod Alicia has better things to do then watch us act like plum.s for an hour"

Wow! That's so cool. I guess you made Matt and Jesse's day. XD
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

Jesse "Tripod Alicia has better things to do then watch us act like plum.s for an hour"

@simscognito Did I mention that in my Sims game (due to having no clue what Jesse and Cassie's real life Others look like) Sims!Jesse&Cassie got married?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@simscognito Did I mention that in my Sims game (due to having no clue what Jesse and Cassie's real life Others look like) Sims!Jesse&Cassie got married?

No but that's cute.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top