Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I want to draw and write a comic but idk how to format it
    Maybe some kind people in this cool writers lounge could help me out?

Hi, @CutiePieMod ! Welcome to the Writers' Lounge!

One of my favorite TS4 comics was written by my very good friend @DavidMCSessy , "The Willow's Way."

It's a beautiful work of literature (especially Season 2), and also a great example of how to do comics in TS4.

I'm still in touch with the author, so if you have specific questions for him, I could pass them on.

I snuck a peek over there and that comic looks so cool! I'm going to bookmark it. I've wanted to do a simlit comic for a few months but you know how it is trying to fit in time for a new story. :neutral:

I know! One minute you say, "I don't have time for a new story," and the next minute, you're writing three! :o

and 2 or 3 stories :) and another thread cathtea is a nonstop idea train.

I know, right? She's a terrible terrific influence!

that reminds me going to try and write tonight.

Good luck! I'm editing together screenshots right now but I'm very tempted to do more writing tonight. Inspiration has been nagging me all day!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I realize i'll still be able to write my stories, but i wont be able to release it as i need to take the screenshots too. I might also go ahead and work on Chapter 2's speedpaint but i wont release that until after to avoid spoilers ^^
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

One of my favorite TS4 comics was written by my very good friend @DavidMCSessy , "The Willow's Way."

It's a beautiful work of literature (especially Season 2), and also a great example of how to do comics in TS4.

I'm still in touch with the author, so if you have specific questions for him, I could pass them on.

I snuck a peek over there and that comic looks so cool! I'm going to bookmark it. I've wanted to do a simlit comic for a few months but you know how it is trying to fit in time for a new story. :neutral:

I know! One minute you say, "I don't have time for a new story," and the next minute, you're writing three! :o

Good luck! I'm editing together screenshots right now but I'm very tempted to do more writing tonight. Inspiration has been nagging me all day!

i'll need luck ui is broke so now i have to control the benders on my own.
  • Options

i chickended out. hopefully ui gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Aricie Ok I just had this weird thought (I blame it on the fact I was listening to Phantom of the Opera soundtrack) but apparently TPotO has themes similar to John Green's books of Looking for Alaska (song with the same name as the story has a mention about a labyrinth) and Paper Towns/Abundance of Katherines (both are talking about wearing masks-only in the Phantom's case, does he actually wear a mask-but there's another kind of mask, the one that Christine, our leading lady is for him). In some ways the whole Phantom of the Opera story is a sort of 1880s Taylor Swift of "Look What You Made Me Do" story
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Aww! I hope it gets fixed tomorrow. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

Aww! I hope it gets fixed tomorrow. :)

i don't well i do and don''t . i have to go to that word your not allowed to say anymore :)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I just finished writing a pretty heavy chapter and I have such a weird feeling.

When I writer chapters like this I feel...emotionally exhausted and yet extremely fulfilled at the same time.

Need a cup of tea to calm down and recharge before I can edit it all together. :)

Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I wrote some pretty heavy stuff a few months ago (November maybe?) and it really devastated me... I think I asked advice about it here? Either way, getting out of the house was a huge help.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    I just finished writing a pretty heavy chapter and I have such a weird feeling.

When I writer chapters like this I feel...emotionally exhausted and yet extremely fulfilled at the same time.

Need a cup of tea to calm down and recharge before I can edit it all together. :)

Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I wrote some pretty heavy stuff a few months ago (November maybe?) and it really devastated me... I think I asked advice about it here? Either way, getting out of the house was a huge help.

We had a ton of snow today so I sat by the window with a cup of tea and watched the flakes for a while. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh my goodness, y'all. I've got a cover for my upcoming story. It's a reworking of the Secret Identity of Jessica Rossum, my Disney legacy idea, and one of my latest story ideas for the musician who moves to Windenburg. I am excited, even though it'll probably be slow going. I need the vampire stuff pack to truly achieve what it is I want to do. I plan to bridge the gap between Sims 3 and Sims 4 and do a story in both game "worlds." I couldn't wait to share with you what I've got.

forgotten-identity-series-night-blooming-jasmine1.png?w=1000
    Here's the synopsis... (and yes that question mark is there for a reason). I'm telling fairy tale-esque stories out of order, a sort-of reverse legacy. This is probably one of my more ambitious projects, if not, the most.
    Night Blooming Jasmine: Generation One?

Jessica ‘Jess’ Rossum knew from childhood that she wasn’t like the others. She was different. From childhood to adulthood, she walked a lonely path, ignored at best, ridiculed at worst. She is tormented by never-ending questions about where she came from and who she really is. When a mysterious stranger offers a bizarre proposition, Jess decides to take the opportunity to relocate and achieve her dream.

As strangers share space, inspired by their love of music, impaired by their tumultuous histories, strong wills cross swords and long-lasting lies implode. Jess becomes aware of how little she really knows about life, love, and the world around her. Compelled to know the truths of the universe and uncover the secrets of her lineage, Jess sets off on the journey of a dozen lifetimes, accompanied by an undying soul. When you find out you aren’t who you think you are, even Darkness looks like an angel.

Tagging @simscognito, @CathyTea since you were interested and commented before, as well as anyone who formerly read my Jessica Rossum prologue (@RipuAncestor, @InfraGreen) because I'm finally going to do something about this story. :)

Edit: I'm working on my site right now so it's not in the best shape if you head over there.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 This is awesome! :) Love that cover image.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Question (sorry to deter this party...or....girls night? idk I skimmed through the comments....I always miss when this board is the most active :disappointed: )

Do you ever start out with main characters and then realize you just dont want them in your story anymore? Do you end up writing them out or at least trying to give them a storyline?

Hi @Acarb90 ! I haven't quite had this happen but I've had characters change pretty drastically in my story before. If the character isn't well developed yet, I let the change happen quickly to establish a new personality. If they're already established, I try to create a situation to change their role and I imagine you could use the same method to write them out.

I know you play rotationally quite a bit, which I think would make it even easier to shift to focus heavier on other characters?

That's essentially what I do :tongue: . I think I was a bit too ambitious when I started my story. I thought I could have 12 main characters and give them all equal spotlight, but I'm realizing that some characters are just way more fun to write than others! I just feel like I need to write about the other ones because they are on my banner, character bios,etc...

THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Question (sorry to deter this party...or....girls night? idk I skimmed through the comments....I always miss when this board is the most active :disappointed: )

Do you ever start out with main characters and then realize you just dont want them in your story anymore? Do you end up writing them out or at least trying to give them a storyline?

Hi @Acarb90 ! I haven't quite had this happen but I've had characters change pretty drastically in my story before. If the character isn't well developed yet, I let the change happen quickly to establish a new personality. If they're already established, I try to create a situation to change their role and I imagine you could use the same method to write them out.

I know you play rotationally quite a bit, which I think would make it even easier to shift to focus heavier on other characters?

That's essentially what I do :tongue: . I think I was a bit too ambitious when I started my story. I thought I could have 12 main characters and give them all equal spotlight, but I'm realizing that some characters are just way more fun to write than others! I just feel like I need to write about the other ones because they are on my banner, character bios,etc...

As I said, I don't play rotationally but thinking about stories and television shows with multiple focuses, the most I've seen is maybe 6 main characters or at least heavily active story lines. I assume many of your characters are involved in each other lives, but I can understand how difficult it us to give them all equal attention!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 74

There's a baby on the way. Will Angel and Noelle be ready to help take care of their baby brother...or sister?

02-20-18_1-53-04-AM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Here's the synopsis... (and yes that question mark is there for a reason). I'm telling fairy tale-esque stories out of order, a sort-of reverse legacy. This is probably one of my more ambitious projects, if not, the most.

Jessica ‘Jess’ Rossum knew from childhood that she wasn’t like the others. She was different. From childhood to adulthood, she walked a lonely path, ignored at best, ridiculed at worst. She is tormented by never-ending questions about where she came from and who she really is. When a mysterious stranger offers a bizarre proposition, Jess decides to take the opportunity to relocate and achieve her dream.

As strangers share space, inspired by their love of music, impaired by their tumultuous histories, strong wills cross swords and long-lasting lies implode. Jess becomes aware of how little she really knows about life, love, and the world around her. Compelled to know the truths of the universe and uncover the secrets of her lineage, Jess sets off on the journey of a dozen lifetimes, accompanied by an undying soul. When you find out you aren’t who you think you are, even Darkness looks like an angel.

Edit: I'm working on my site right now so it's not in the best shape if you head over there.

tenor.gif

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh my goodness, y'all. I've got a cover for my upcoming story. It's a reworking of the Secret Identity of Jessica Rossum, my Disney legacy idea, and one of my latest story ideas for the musician who moves to Windenburg. I am excited, even though it'll probably be slow going. I need the vampire stuff pack to truly achieve what it is I want to do. I plan to bridge the gap between Sims 3 and Sims 4 and do a story in both game "worlds." I couldn't wait to share with you what I've got.

Tagging @simscognito, @CathyTea since you were interested and commented before, as well as anyone who formerly read my Jessica Rossum prologue (@RipuAncestor, @InfraGreen) because I'm finally going to do something about this story. :)

@AdamsEve1231 Oh this is cool! Thanks for tagging me. :)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hey everybody! I've just posted two new chapters of We Belong to the Song. Why two? They take place simultaneously, and I figured that I may as well release them both at once, am I right? Enjoy!

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Hey folks! What did I miss?
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Opicana wrote: »
    If someone asked you what a close family tie was would a partner's sibling count?

I would say only if the partner's sibling lived in the same household, or was very close friends with the family in question and spent a lot of time with them.

@Opicana I only was asking because I was reading the paper this morning and someone who won a lot of money had to wait to get his money he won in a lottery due to his sister-in-law worked at retial location that sold tickets. And someone at the OLG consider that to be a "Close family Tie" but I wouldn't count it as such a parent, or you own sibling I would count "close family ties"

Ahh...if we are speaking legally than it's probably parent/sibling/same-household only, I'd think.
  • Options
    AricieAricie Posts: 102 Member
    @Aricie Ok I just had this weird thought (I blame it on the fact I was listening to Phantom of the Opera soundtrack) but apparently TPotO has themes similar to John Green's books of Looking for Alaska (song with the same name as the story has a mention about a labyrinth) and Paper Towns/Abundance of Katherines (both are talking about wearing masks-only in the Phantom's case, does he actually wear a mask-but there's another kind of mask, the one that Christine, our leading lady is for him). In some ways the whole Phantom of the Opera story is a sort of 1880s Taylor Swift of "Look What You Made Me Do" story

I haven't read Looking for Alaska, so I really can't say :(
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @CutiePieMod

I don't know of many that do that format but AvoxSimmer on tumblr does. I'm scouring through her WCIF & Asks pages because I seem to remember she posted tutorials and links to what she uses.

Here's a nice font that she uses. @pammiechick also used an awesome font in her Gen 5 cast reveal, maybe she could point out what that one was?

When I find any other links and stuff I'll chuck them up here.

Avox's reply to how to do the speech bubbles (she uses photoshop, but may have similarities to other editing software):
    To put the bubbles around what they’re saying I use the ellipse tool and select the words, then I use the warp>fisheye tool to give it more shape. I then right click and make selection. I use the pen tool to create the little tails, then right click and add to selection. On another layer I right click and give the selection a stroke of 5 and fill it with an opacity of 80% :)

Are you talking about for the guy reveal or girls? I used different font. Bangers was for the guys.

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Not what, who! :D Well, I've missed you! Welcome back !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

• Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Maple meets a famous Simmer!

Day 38
    89rWLRG.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options

aparently the forum missed her too. welcome back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top