Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 6

Tonight was the night...the night Michael would reveal that Jenni was pregnant to his children. He honestly couldn't remember ever being this nervous. I'd take a medical school test over this ANY day!! He thought gulping. There really wasn't a lot of time left. The baby would be born in a little over a month and was he regretting that he waiting this long to tell them? Yes.

There had been rumors going around town that reached the children, unbeknownst to Michael. Jenni had mostly kept herself at home, trying to hide her baby bump as much as possible until Michael told his kids and made her parents SWEAR not to utter a word to anyone, not even their closest friends! To be double sure her secret was kept safe, she called Goodwin and had a very serious chat with him about keeping his mouth shut. "You utter a word and I SWEAR you will never be allowed to visit Sue, EVER!" she threatened to him. But somehow, a little tiny bit of speculation came out.

Bailey remembered seeing Jenni sitting outside the grocery store, probably waiting for her parents, and they both said Hi to each other but something felt awkward. Bailey just walked right past her into the store thinking, Man, she's gained some weight!

Derrick's best friend would sometimes ask him about his Dad's new love life and made mention of Jenni looking fat. "How does he feel about her weight gain?" he asked Derrick, "I mean, you have noticed it right?"
    "Not really," Derrick answered, "Dad usually just goes to her place. She hasn't been to our house in a while." Then that caused him to wonder, Why is that?

Molly and Andrea did hear much. Andrea was too caught up in her school studies and Molly was too, but at the same time felt like she has been neglected from the rest of the family with everything going on with them. She even forgot to tell her dad about her very first dance recital because of all the drama that had been going on. Tristan had been acting up a lot lately too. Perhaps he could sense all the tension going around in the family, like toddlers do.

Okay, Michael thought with a sigh, Here it goes.

Bailey had just finished putting Tristan to bed and as she came down the stairs Michael said, "Bailey, gather up the other kids and tell them I want to talk to all of you in the living room."

"Ok," Bailey said, all the while thinking, What is it now? He better not have proposed to her!

Once all 4 kids were sitting down, Michael hesitantly stepped forward. "I've called this family meeting together because...I have something I need to tell you," he began, "I've been needing to tell you all for a while now and I just can't hold it back any longer."

Familytalk_zps087a233d.jpg

"Dad?" Bailey immediately asked, "Are you and Jenni engaged?" Why don't we just get to the point already? The other 3 kids stared at Michael with deep curiosity and anxiously awaited his answer.

"No," Michael replied. He saw immediate relief in all of their eyes, which really made his heart sink. How am I going to do all this? Oh, to heck with it!!
    "Jenni is pregnant."

There was a gasp from Bailey, while the other kids just gaped at him.

"And in case you are wanting to ask me," Michael began, "Yes. It is my child. OUR child. Your sibling."

"WHAT!?" Bailey shouted out, "Oh my gosh dad you WOOHOOED with her!?"
    "Seriously!?" Derrick added.
    Molly and Andrea just stared at each other, still gaping. They sure as heck didn't know what to say.

Michael then held his hands up as if he was trying to defend himself. "Now hold on," he said, "I know what you all must be thinking and I understand your reaction. Honestly...I...I didn't mean for this happen."

"Tch!" Bailey huffed, "Really dad? You're a doctor! I mean, what did you expect?"

Oof, Andrea thought nearly whistling.

"Now hold on a second Bailey..."

"And what about the whole lecture you've given us kids numerous times about how we shouldn't have woohoo before marriage?" Bailey retorted, "Huh dad? Was that just a 'Do as I say, not as I do' thing?'" Her face fell with disappointment.

Michael buried part of his face into one of his hands. "No, Bailey," he said nearing tears. He couldn't continue for a moment.

"That coming from the girl who almost woohooed with Shark the other day..." Derrick mumbled under his breath.

But Bailey heard it. Turning sharply toward Derrick she cried, "Oh my gosh Derrick!? Whose side are you on anyway?"

Burn! Molly thought. She's gonna get it now.

"Wait, what?" Michael asked instinctively.

"No one's," Derrick answered her, "but I think we should give dad a break. I can understand how he could get caught up in the moment." All too well...

"Oh gosh!" Bailey said in frustration, throwing her hands in the air, "one guy defending another!"

"ENOUGH!" Michael shouted. He was actually surprised that they all shut up and had their eyes fixed on him again. "Look," he began in a calmer tone, "I know this is a lot to take in and I KNOW that all of you have been on the fence about my relationship with Jenni, but I want you to know that I have not taken your feelings lightly. I have not forgotten the part you all play in this. I have not forgotten your mother," he choked, with tears running down his cheek, "and truly no one could ever replace her, but when she died a part of me died with her and I found it extremely difficult to move on and be my normal self again because half of it died!" He paused. "I had to fill the void." He paused again. "I don't regret quitting my practice so I would have the time needed to take care of and raise all of you, but removing that from my life made the void even deeper and without the love of a woman in my life helping to raise you kids, was just making it all unbearable!"

The 4 kids had their heads bowed, lips pursed and shot glances at each other while they listened to their dad bear his innermost feelings to them.

"I needed that support," Michael continued, "that strength. That person to stand beside me and help me do it like I was always used to. I have wanted nothing more the the BEST for you children and I've worried myself SICK, wondering how you all would turn out without your mother and me doing the absolute BEST I could to show you love and affection and raise you up right by myself. Yes, Bailey, I made a mistake." He paused. "I'm not going to deny that. I went against my own values and one that I tried to instill in you kids. I'm so so sorry for that!"

Bailey looked away from him, trying to hide her tears.

"I know there is no justification for going against my own words, but I am begging you all, PLEASE," Michael cried, wiping the tears from his cheeks and sniffling, "Forgive me of my mistake! Please don't blame Jenni. The only thing I can say is that I got caught up in the warmth of her loving arms and I felt ALIVE again!"

Jenniapproves_zps7e5e2c57.jpg

"I felt this surge of emotions that were long lost since your mother died and I got...carried away." He paused. "I shouldn't have, but I did. I'm so sorry! I'm going to be there for Jenni and the baby and I'm going to be here for all of you. I just hope that...someday," he sort of hesitated to say it, "we could all be one happy family."

There was a long silence.

Bailey broke it by standing up and saying, "Dad. I understand what you are saying, but...I'm just not ready for a new mother or a new sibling."

Michael stepped closer to her and said, "I know honey, I know." Then nearly begging he said, "But, I NEED you. I need all of you to support me in this. Please..." he paused, "Please."

familytalk2_zpsdfed3eff.jpg

With tears welling up all Bailey could say was, "I'm sorry Dad," and then she ran up the stairs.

Derrick stood up too and patted his dad on the shoulder. Then he sighed and slowly went up the stairs himself. Molly followed, but Andrea stayed behind staring at her father who now stood there with his head lowered.

"Dad," she said, taking his hand, "I support you. I love you."

Michael lifted his head and quickly enveloped Andrea in his arms. He cried a little more. At least there was a little relief.

MikehuggingAndrea_zps1d818cb2.jpg

That night, long after the kids were in bed, Michael stepped outside and had a very tearful chat with Bronwyn by her graveside. When he was done he buried his face in his hands and began to wail.

whathaveIdonetothisfamily_zps8e639e1e.jpg

"What have I done to this family? Can I ever make it right? Help me Bronwyn, help me! Lord please help me!"

Stay tuned! :)

Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2015
    The picture of Michael and Andrea is the cutest!! Also, the honesty that he has with his children is so interesting... growing up, my family members have always kept their personal lives to themselves, never wanting lil ole me to know or be concerned about what was going on with them. Now that I'm older, that has changed some so I don't know if it was because of my age or what ... but yea, the relationship he has with his kids is definitely intriguing to me.

Also, wow... a med school exam!? LOL, I'm studying for the MCAT now and it is noooo joke LOL.... I'm glad he survived this talk for the most part and hope things work out!

More please! LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ^Man, I think that was my best chapter yet!

Anyway, I wanted to add that while I mentioned the whole thing about others thinking Jenni was fat, doesn't mean that I have anything against fat people. I am an overweight person myself. Have struggled to lose weight since having kid and also because of other health problems. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also I forgot to add a while back that when Michael first met Jenni and I did the close up to get a picture of her I thought she looked AMAZINGLY like his wife on my other game (before it got erased)! No joke! It was uncanny! I had to make him go for her. It seemed like fate. ;)
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: ยป
    The picture of Michael and Andrea is the cutest!! Also, the honesty that he has with his children is so interesting... growing up, my family members have always kept their personal lives to themselves, never wanting lil ole me to know or be concerned about what was going on with them. Now that I'm older, that has changed some so I don't know if it was because of my age or what ... but yea, the relationship he has with his kids is definitely intriguing to me.

Also, wow... a med school exam!? LOL, I'm studying for the MCAT now and it is noooo joke LOL.... I'm glad he survived this talk for the most part and hope things work out!

More please! LOL

Aww, thanks @ACB44. :) I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I really incorporate a lot of my life experiences and knowledge into my writing. I come from a very loving and open family. We are all each others best friends and we can tell each other anything! <3 Growing up with my parents amazing example has encouraged me to create my family in a similar way.

I believe you about the MCAT! My brother is an OBGYN and my other brother is a Dentist. They have told me MANY stories... ;) Lol!
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    just read the whole thing its great @emorrill
    cant wait to hear more
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @emorrill-You did a great job on this new chapter!
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you!! @Enchantedprey and @TadOlson :) I'm really getting into it!
  • Options
    Bump :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 7

For the next few days there really wasn't much conversation between Michael and the kids, especially with Bailey. In fact, she didn't really know how to talk to her father right now and didn't really want to. More and more she was turning to Shark for comfort and as a distraction from her crazy life.

One night, at 12:35 AM, Michael lay in his bed asleep. He suddenly awoke to the feeling that someone was sleeping next to him, but when he turned and looked, no one was there. As he pulled the covers up closer to his body and tried to go back to sleep he thought, For a second there it felt like Bronwyn was lying next to me again...

BronwynsleepingbyMike_zps9f2084fe.jpg

Faster than he expected, Michael fell into a deep sleep and began to dream. He dreamt that he was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the kids, when he heard a familiar voice behind him call out his name. "Michael." At the sound of the voice he froze and the emotions within him began to stir. Bronwyn? He thought before turning around. And when he did, sure enough, there she was. Not how she looked when she was alive, but in an angel form. Michael gazed at her with great emotion and tears began to well up in his eyes. "Bronwyn!" he cried, throwing himself into her arms and kissing her passionately. "Oh Bronwyn!"

MichaelkissingghostBronwyn_zpsa5197eeb.jpg

"Oh Michael," Bronwyn replied, with an echo sound to her voice, "Oh how I have missed you!"
    "You have NO idea how much I have missed YOU!"
    "I think I do."
    Michael then looked into her eyes which looked faded and gray. "How is it that you are here?" He asked.
    Bronwyn cracked a smile. "The after life is a mysterious one," she said, "and I have been allowed to come visit with you, but I don't have much time."
    Subconsciously, Michael couldn't help but think, Is this MORE than a dream? Or is it real?
    "The kids!" he said to her. "KIDS!" He called out to the other room, "Come! Your mother is here!!"
    But the kids did not come.
    Surprised, Michael said, "What? They were just here...They were all in the other room I swear!"
    "Michael," Bronwyn said, getting his attention, "The kids I will see later, but it is you am I visiting with now."
    Michael gazed at her, feeling confused.
    Bronwyn put her arms on his shoulders and said, "I wanted you to know that I am with you Michael, always." Then she placed her hand on his heart, "In here. I constantly feel your love for me and for the kids. I know the intents of your heart and I support you in every decision."
    The tears came again to Michael's eyes.
    "I'm glad to see you happy again," Bronwyn smiled and gently kissed him on the lips. "Everything will work out," she continued, "even if it's not in the way you think it should."
    Before Michael could say anything, the environment around him became windy. Fog surrounded Bronwyn and it looked like she was about to enter into another dimension.
    "Wait!" Michael cried, "Don't go!!"
    But she began fading away. "I love you," she whispered and then she was gone.
    Suddenly Michael found himself sitting up in his bed, startled awake like he just had a nightmare. But this was no nightmare. "Bronwyn?" he asked into the thin air, but there was nothing there besides his silent, dark bedroom. Michael couldn't figure out if that had been a dream or a vision, but his emotions were running so high that all he could do was cry.

1:04 AM

Bailey was having the most wonderful dream! It was Prom night and Shark was her date. During one of the dances he took her hand and kissed it gently while asking her to officially be his girlfriend. "We've been beating around the bush for too long," he said, "Why don't we just make it official?"

Baileydreamingaboutgettingarose_zpsf19f238e.jpg

Bailey was about to scream, "YES!" but just then Shark and the whole Prom scenery vanished. Bailey jumped in her sleep. Then there was a light, with a bunch of mist and a woman walking towards her. What they hey? Bailey thought. As the woman drew closer, Bailey recognized her in an instant and held her hand to her mouth. "Mom!?" she asked.

Bronwyn nodded.
    Bailey then did the same as her father and jumped into her mother's arms. "Mom, what...I mean, how?"
    "Bailey," Bronwyn addressed, "I've missed you and I've truly felt your deep love for me in your heart."
    "Of course I love you mom," Bailey sobbed, burying her face in her mothers neck, "Oh life has gotten so crazy without you! It's never been the same! All these changes! Dad dating another woman and getting her pregnant and..."
    "Shhh," Bronwyn hushed her calmly. "I know what's been going on."
    "Aren't you angry with him?" Bailey asked, now looking her in the eye.
    "No Bailey, I am not."
    Bailey was shocked to hear her say that.
    "You see honey there is this desire, when you pass, for your loved ones to continue to be happy."
    "Yes?"
    "If this woman is doing just that for your father and giving him the love and support he deserves, I am thankful to her."
    "Mom, you can't be serious?"
    "I know he still loves me deep within his heart Bailey and that will never fade."
    "But," Bailey began and then there was a fierce wind again and fog developing. Bronwyn was getting sucked back into a light all the while saying to Bailey, "Try not to give your father any more grief." And then she was gone.
    "MOM!" Bailey cried and soon she found herself awake, sitting upright in her bed too. Breathing heavily she whispered to herself, "What the heck just happened?"

1:33 AM

Derrick's dream had been interrupted as well. He found himself being called by his father into the kitchen to see his mother. For real? Was all he could think as he darted over. There was an emotional reunion when he realized that sure enough his mother was there. He began chatting with her, telling her everything he wanted to tell her from his heart that he never had the chance to. It seemed she had a few words of advice for him.

Derricktalkingtomom_zpsae25bb68.jpg

But then she was about to leave...not before she got a big hug goodbye.

Derrickhuggingmom_zpsf8b0bfac.jpg

2:15 AM

Molly's dream of being a royal princess suddenly had a major turn in events.

Molly%20dreaming%20about%20something_zpsqwweguzo.jpg

She was summoned to the Royal Court (by a servant whose voice sounded EXACTLY like her dad's!) and upon entering the court she saw that it was their home kitchen! Confused, she caught eye on the person who was there to visit with her. "MOMMY!" she cried ecstatically.

It was another joyous reunion and Molly had SO much she wanted to tell her, but more than anything she wanted to show her the new moves she learned in ballet class.

Mollyshowingballetmoves_zps0fe0faee.jpg
    Mollyshowingballetmoves2_zpse1986c5a.jpg

"Wonderful!" Bronwyn said while clapping. Then she had to get serious. "There are a few things I wish to tell you Molly."

2:58 AM

Andrea had actually fallen asleep on the couch in the living room working on an essay. Subconsciously she knew she was dreaming but couldn't remember what and then suddenly she found herself running into the kitchen because her dad called out to all the kids to come and see MOM! Mom? She asked herself, No way!

But without a why and without a how, there she was. Andrea gaped and stood there speechless for a second.
    "It's ok Andrea," she heard her mother say, kneeling down with her arms outstretched to her, "It's me. Mom."
    "Mommy!" Andrea cried with excitement, running into her arms. "Mommy! I can't believe you are here!"

Then the two of them proceeded to chat about different things with one another.

Andreatalkingtomom_zpsd0eaac97.jpg

"I appreciate you supporting your father," Bronwyn said, "It's very mature of you and your father needs it more than you'll ever know."
    Then, as usual, she departed before the child could have one last thing to say.

3:35 AM

Obviously no one else had noticed, but little Tristan was smiling and giggling in his sleep more than usual tonight...

sleepingTristan_zpsc279afd3.jpg

:)

Stay tuned!

• Options
    I do realize that was an interesting twist in the story. ;) But Bronwyn's ghost FINALLY appeared and I had to take pics and incorporate it somehow into the story. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)
  • Options
    Great addition! You're writing is actually really really good, I think. What did she tell Molly though??! ... It seems like you really find the time to play your game and make your storyline fit, I'm kind of jealous seeing as I haven't been able to play for the past couple of days.. but that all changes now lol... looking forward to your next addition *hurries to go play*
  • Options
    Thanks @ACB44 :) I haven't written stories in a LONG time! This is my first time getting into it again in years! I was afraid I had lost my talent, but I'm glad I didn't. ;)

I wasn't sure what to have her say to Molly...but maybe that will be mentioned later. ;)

Are you looking at starting a challenge and making a story about it too? If so, I would LOVE to read it! :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure why Bronwyn appeared in her Swimsuit? Lol! ;) And she kept going into the fridge and trying to eat all the leftovers! Glad she is feeling better in the afterlife. :)
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I think it's actually pretty sad to see your dead wife's ghost after so many things have happened. Is resurrection possible in your story? Though typically things will never be the same ; )
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    I think it's actually pretty sad to see your dead wife's ghost after so many things have happened. Is resurrection possible in your story? Though typically things will never be the same ; )

@moonandsixpens It is possible in the game...but not with the challenge. :( I had a couple of opportunities pop up where Michael could take Bronwyn's remains to the science lab and basically have her resurrected, but sadly I had to click "No" each time. I can't even make him get married to Jenni, until he raises all of his kids to adulthood OR when he has his first grandchild, per challenge rules.

I know I could easily break the rules, but they are making it more fun and interesting for me to write about. ;)
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited January 2015

@moonandsixpens It is possible in the game...but not with the challenge. :( I had a couple of opportunities pop up where Michael could take Bronwyn's remains to the science lab and basically have her resurrected, but sadly I had to click "No" each time. I can't even make him get married to Jenni, until he raises all of his kids to adulthood OR when he has his first grandchild, per challenge rules.

I know I could easily break the rules, but they are making it more fun and interesting for me to write about. ;)

Ah, I totally forgot about the rules. I am always a rebel latest?cb=20110602143415
    (when gaming :p )
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 8

Not much happened in the lives of Michael and his children in the past two months. Michael of course continued to visit with Jenni, and could FINALLY have her back over at the house again. Their baby was due any day now. Andrea was warming up to Jenni quite well and so was Tristan, but the older 3 were still hesitant to like her TOO much. Jenni decided to herself that she was going to be their friend first and let things grow from there. She would offer love and support to them along the way in any way that she could.

Bailey and her relationship with Shark was growing stronger and about a month ago they officially became an "item." Her school studies and grades were going down the drain and nearly every day after school she was going to Shark's house to hang out...at least that's what she would tell Michael and Derrick.

RacketMansion_zps57d507d4.jpg
    (Racket Mansion. Look at this place!!!)

Michael grew very concerned and had to pick his battles carefully. All he could really do was pray that she would stay out of trouble and make good decisions. Rumors going on around school revealed to Derrick that Jade and the quarterback of the football team had been going steady for quite some time. It pained him to see them holding hands in the hallway, laughing together during PE class and most of all...kissing. Derrick would sigh and say to himself, Maybe I should just move on. Then a few days ago, he noticed Jade crying with some of her friends by the back of the school building after school. Naturally he grew concerned and wanted to run over and find out what was wrong but...We haven't spoken to each other in like what, 3 months? That would be weird. She wouldn't want to see me, nor would she want to talk to me. I've practically been invisible to her... Still, he couldn't help but wonder. Was it bad of him to hope that the quarterback dumped her?

Molly quit her after school ballet class. It's boring and I'm just not digging it, she thought to herself. She still maintained a close relationship with Andrea, but with Andrea signing up for more after school classes and being buried in books she felt they were drifting apart. Tristan was growing up FAST! His birthday was coming up soon, as well as Bailey's.

On this night, around 1 AM, Michael woke up to a call from Jenni. Her water had broken and she was heading to the hospital. Michael burst from his bed and got dressed as quickly as he could. "I'll be there RIGHT away," he told her, "try not to have the baby without me." He chuckled. Once dressed he stormed into Derrick's room, startling him awake.
    "Geez dad," Derrick complained rubbing his eyes, "What's going on?"
    "Jenni is in labor and I've got to head to the Hospital NOW!"
    Well, that certainly got Derrick's attention. "Oh."
    "I need you to take care of things here when everyone wakes up. I don't know how long the delivery is going to be. Will you do that for me please?"
    "Yes dad," Derrick answered.
    "Thanks," Michael said rushing out of his room.
    "Dad!" Derrick called out.
    "What?" he asked standing in the doorway.
    Derrick felt like he needed to say something but, wasn't sure what. He could see his dad's impatient gaze and all he could let out was, "Congrats dad."
    Michael smiled. That meant more to him than Derrick realized.
    "I hope Jenni and the baby will be ok," he added.
    "Thanks son," then he headed for the stairs. "I'll be back as soon as I can." He called back.

Once Michael got to the hospital and reached Jenni, they were just about to wheel her into the delivery room. "Oh Michael," she cried upon seeing him.
    "Hey," Michael said kissing the top of her head, "Is everything ok?"
    "Yup," she answered happily, "especially now that I have gotten the epidural!" They both laughed.
    On to the delivery room they went. Jenni's parents stayed in the waiting room. With Michael by her side, being an amazing coach through it all and holding her hand lovingly, made Jenni's delivery go all the more smoothly. She couldn't help but think how someone like her ended up with someone as amazing as him.

At 3:40 AM, Michael and Jenni's baby entered the world.

AnnouncementofMikeandJennisbaby_zps4334c33d.jpg

The two of them couldn't seem to come up with baby names beforehand. For some reason though, after looking at the sweet, little face in Jenni's arms, they both came up with the name Ken. It just felt right.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Awe, sim births are actually one of the many things I love about this game ... its like the welcoming of a new mysterious life that you will watch and help grow. I'm excited to see if we will keep track of Ken with everything else going on in the main household. It's also nice to see Derrick supporting his dad.

I am currently doing a legacy challenge that I post about on the What happen in your sims game today post. Since I just became a full member, I'm going to set up a photobucket account to add some pictures to my updates. As far as a full story, I was hoping to do that but so many twist and turns have happened in my game that I just can't make it into a storyline, so updates will have to do. Matter of fact, today a lot of crazy, stressful, not so great things happened in my game today that I'm trying to figure out ... but hopefully things will work out. You're story gives me hope LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    A couple of weeks after the birth of Ken, came Tristan's birthday. :)

MikebringingTristantothecake_zps0aa617fb.jpg
    Tristangrowingintoachild_zpscc8d1b20.jpg
    (I love how cross-eyed he looks. Lol! ;) )

Tristanasachild_zps8170666b.jpg

He's really turned into quite the handsome young man (and was given the Good trait). Michael couldn't be more proud of his youngest son with Bronwyn.

A few night later, things got a little more fired up between Bailey and Shark at his house.

BaileyandShark_zps2f1de25e.jpg
    BaileyandSharkinlove_zps2de23c79.jpg

"C'mon," Shark said to her, "are we going to beat around the bush with this too?" He asked, while seductively kissing her neck.
    Bailey couldn't deny how her heart fluttered, but she said, "I am already here LONG past my curfew and my dad is going to KILL me if I'm any more late coming home!"
    "I thought you didn't care about what your dad thinks?"
    "Well," Bailey paused, "Usually I don't but...he still has the power to ground me to the house for a couple of days."
    "Then just sneak out and come back before he notices," Shark said, kissing her lips.
    "SHARK!" his father called out.
    Annoyed at the fact of being interrupted, Shark yelled back, "WHAT?"
    "Bailey's dad is at the door. He wants her to come home."
    The two lovers looked at each other in a disgruntled manner.
    "Yup," Bailey said removing her arms from him, "I'm in trouble." She then sulkingly headed for the front door. The look on her father's face was one of rage and worry.

Nothing but silence permeated the interior of the car as Michael and Bailey headed home. Once home, those front steps felt harder than usual to climb for Bailey. She dreaded heading inside. Michael angrily took his coat off and hung it up on the coat rack and then threw the keys onto the end table. Bailey daringly stood before him below the stairs thinking, Here it comes.

Michael paced a little bit before her, eyes fuming. He was trying to figure out how to handle this once and for all. "Do I need to remind you," he began, "of what your curfew is?"
    Bailey almost rolled her eyes. "No dad."
    "Then what is it?"
    "11 o'clock."
    "And what time is it now?"
    Sighing, Bailey answered, remembering what the clock in the car said, "12:52."
    "Exactly!" Michael boomed, "That doesn't sound like 11 to me. It sounds like almost an hour AFTER!"
    "I know dad," Bailey muttered, "look I'm sorry ok?"
    But Michael didn't really believe her. "You know Bailey," he continued, "for weeks now I have been pretty lenient with you and your relationship with Shark, which you WELL know how I feel about. I've allowed you to hang out with him after school, I've forgiven the many times you have come home at 11:15 or even 11:30, but this time I have had it!"
    "What?" Bailey sneered, "You're gonna ground me to the house again?"
    "That," Michael replied, "and you are no longer allowed to go to Shark's house after school. Nor go there without my permission. Period!"

MichaelupsetBaileywasoutatSharks_zpsebe776ae.jpg

Bailey huffed. "You really think you can keep me away like that dad? I'm not a child anymore!"
    Michael then stepped forward and looked her straight in the eye. "Now you listen here," he said, "I know EXACTLY what is going on inside that young mans head and I forbid you to be spending alone time with him in his HOUSE or anywhere. You don't want to do what you are doing Bailey. True you are not a child, but you are still young and have a lot to learn."

Bailey stepped away from him toward the stairs. "I really don't think I should be getting this kind of lecture from you anymore dad."
    "Bailey, we've been over this."
    "Yeah and there's nothing else to say about it." She started up the stairs.
    Michael followed and stopped at the base, "You don't want to get pregnant at your age Bailey. You don't want that responsibility. Not outside of marriage when there is no guarantee the father will be there for either of you."
    Bailey turned, "You know, you think you know Shark, but you don't! He loves me and if for some reason I got pregnant I KNOW he would be there for me!"
    "No he won't," Michael said sternly, "If you don't want to believe me then ask Jenni."
    "What!?"
    "Just ask her! And don't forget you're grounded for the weekend."

• Options
    ACB44 wrote: ยป
    Awe, sim births are actually one of the many things I love about this game ... its like the welcoming of a new mysterious life that you will watch and help grow. I'm excited to see if we will keep track of Ken with everything else going on in the main household. It's also nice to see Derrick supporting his dad.

I am currently doing a legacy challenge that I post about on the What happen in your sims game today post. Since I just became a full member, I'm going to set up a photobucket account to add some pictures to my updates. As far as a full story, I was hoping to do that but so many twist and turns have happened in my game that I just can't make it into a storyline, so updates will have to do. Matter of fact, today a lot of crazy, stressful, not so great things happened in my game today that I'm trying to figure out ... but hopefully things will work out. You're story gives me hope LOL

Hey, updates are great to read about too. :) Sometimes that's all I will be able to do with this story too depending on how crazy life gets. Thanks for the compliments. :)
  • Options
    I just have to add, regarding the whole parent grounding their teenage sims, it is REALLY stupid that while they are grounded and the kid tries to go to school, the parent forbids it and says, "I don't think so lady/lad, you're grounded." Then they won't go to school and you can't make them. Then, when the parents realizes the child misses school, they scold the kid and say, "You're in big trouble! You better not do that again! Go do some chores to get on my good side."

What the heck? You stop them from going to school because they're grounded, then because they stayed home and obeyed you you get ticked at them for skipping school??

That is one of the many things that is annoying and does not make sense to me in the Sims 3...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 9

It was a normal after school day for Derrick. Come home, do homework, help with the chores around the house...I feel like my life is SO boring, he thought. After loading the wet clothes into the dryer he headed into the living room to watch some TV. On the couch was Bailey, texting to whoever. Andrea was over in the reading area by the fireplace enjoying a book, Molly was outside sitting on the seesaw alone and Tristan...Where the heck is he?

Michael came down the stairs buttoning up the bottom of his shirt. "Bailey," he called walking into the living room.
    "Yeeah?" Bailey answered still texting.
    "I need you to take the car and pick up Tristan from the Greenwood's house. He just called me and said his bike has a flat tire."
    Derrick looked up. The Greenwood's?
    "Can't," Bailey replied, "I have to go to my drama club in 5 minutes."
    "Oh, that's right," Michael said looking at his watch. "Alright then, Derrick I need you to go get him. I'm heading over to the Bistro to meet with an old friend from the Hospital."
    Derrick was thrilled to go out for a drive, having just got his drivers license, but...he was not so thrilled to be going over to Jade's house.
    "Did you say he's at the Greenwood's?" he asked his dad. "Why?"
    "Emerald invited him over. I thought it would be nice for him to get out and play with a friend."
    Emerald was Jade's younger sister.
    Great, Derrick thought.
    "Alright then," Michael said grabbing his keys, "I've got to go now, but hurry please Derrick."
    "Ok," Derrick said reluctantly. Not that he didn't WANT to see Jade, but his feelings were so complicated with her.
    "Good luck with that one," Bailey joked to him.

Derrick took a deep breath as he approached Jade's front door. He hoped the pep talk he had with himself in the car would give him strength.
    Knock, knock
    To some relief, Jade's mother answered the door.
    "Hi Mrs. Greenwood," Derrick greeted, "I'm here to pick up Tristan."
    "Oh yes! Come on in."
    As Derrick walked in he took a look around. The front room was very nicely decorated and off to the left was the dining area, where he noticed Tristan having a chat with Jade.

hey%20jade%20so%20you%20are%20going%20out%20with%20my%20brother_zpsi6fmz0m4.jpg

Oh man! He had to be talking with HER just as I am coming over!
    "Oh hey, Derrick," Jade said, "What a surprise."
    "Surprise?" Tristan chuckled, "that's my brother!"
    Jade paused for a moment staring at Derrick. "Oh! That's right!" she remembered, "I can't believe I forgot."
    She sure seems to forget a lot about me, doesn't she? Derrick thought sadly.
    "Sorry about that," Jade added, "I've been forgetting a lot of things lately, with everything that's been going on."
    Derrick c-o-c-k-e-d his head sightly to the side, "Oh yeah? I hope everything is ok?" Please open up to me!
    "Oh yes, it's fine," Bailey waved, as if brushing something away. However her face expression fell.
    "Should I put my bike in the car?" Tristan asked.
    Derrick didn't realize he was still staring at Jade in concern. "Uh, yeah" he answered, snapping out of it. "Do you need help?"
    "No, I got it," Tristan said heading out the front door.
    Jade chuckled as he left. "He's such a nice little boy," she said to Derrick, "like you."
    Derricks eyes widened. Wow! Did she really just say that to me? All he could do was smile.
    Seeing him blushing, Jade clasped her hands below her waist. "Well," she said, "It was nice to see you again Derrick." Then she walked past him and headed for the stairs.

Derrick followed, noticing out of the corner of his eye, Emerald outside with Tristan probably saying goodbye. He glanced back at Jade going up then stairs and then outside at Tristan and Emerald again. He had to make a decision quick. Bravely he ran up the stairs after Jade. What am I doing?? Jade was already at the top of the stairs when she heard Derrick call out her name. Curiously, she turned. "Yes Derrick?"
    Once he was at the top of the stairs as well, he tried to catch his breath a little. "Look," he said, "I know things haven't been the same between us since I...well...kissed you a few months ago."
    Jade looked away with rosy cheeks, brushing her hair behind her ear.
    "But, do you think we could just...start over? As friends?"
    Jade thought for a minute and smiled.
    "If you ever need someone to talk to," Derrick sort of hesitated to add, "I'm all ears."

Goonadatewithme_zps6e5607e1.jpg

Jade's smile grew even bigger as she said, "Thanks Derrick." She paused and then added, "I would love for us to be friends."
    ALRIGHT! Derrick nearly shouted out feeling victorious.
    "Great!" he said. "Do you wanna gr grab some shakes at the Boxcar Diner and we can catch up?"
    Jade looked at him inquisitively. "Are you asking me on a date?" she teased.
    Sort of but..."No," he replied, "just as two friends hanging out."
    Jade's beautiful smile returned. "I would like that."
    Derrick smiled brightly in return.
    "But...you may want to take your brother home first."

To be continued. ;) Stay tuned!

• Options
    What do you all think so far?

I've got some crazy drama coming up in the next chapter. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 9...

Before Derrick and Jade parted he asked if he could pick her up to take her to the Diner after he dropped Tristan off. Jade said, "Sure," but just to be doubly sure she checked with her mom once Derrick left.
    "We're just going out as friends mom," she specified, "nothing more." Little did she know her mom didn't have a problem with it. She really liked the Holland boys. She greeted Derrick welcomly once he returned for Jade.

Once both were seated in the car and Derrick pulled out of her driveway, Jade said, "I can't WAIT to get my drivers license! It's so much fun driving!"
    Derrick smiled. "I just got mine about 2 weeks ago."
    "How did you do on the test?" she asked.
    "I nailed it!" Derrick said confidently.
    "I wish I could say that," Jade said pausing, "I sorta failed a certain part of it." She didn't realize she was blushing.
    Chuckling Derrick said, "Dare I ask?"
    Jade hesitated but replied, "It was the parallel parking part of it."
    "Ah," Derrick said, "that part was a little tough for me too. I'm glad I wasn't in my Dad's Jeep! It's hard to see around that thing."
    "No kidding!" Jade cried, "all my parents have is a mini-van!"
    "Oh, yeah, there's your problem," Derrick said, shooting her a smile.
    Jade then slapped his shoulder playfully.

Once at the Diner, Derrick ordered two chocolate malt shakes and returned them to the booth where Jade was sitting. For a few seconds they both took numerous sips enjoying the delicious, rich taste. Then they began talking about school, family, annoying siblings, their hobbies and interests and then Jade said this. "I don't ever remember talking like this with Ben."
    Ben was the Quarterback of the football team.
    Derrick took a sip and thought hard on what to say next. Have to choose my words carefully. Once he put the glass down he simply asked, "Really?"
    Jade sighed, stirring the straw around. "Yeah," she answered, "It seems he just didn't care too much about the friendship part."
    Derrick caught the past tense there and felt hopeful, but he had to keep himself from asking directly about her relationship. He didn't want to appear excited about it or trying to make a move. She was obviously hurt by it. Perhaps that was the reason he saw her crying with her friends that one day after school. Or one of the many reasons.
    "I'm sorry to hear that," he said.
    "Me too," Jade said sadly, "but it doesn't really matter anymore." She took another sip of her shake.
    "Why is that?" Derrick asked, even though he pretty much knew the answer to it.
    Jade nearly spit out her drink. "You haven't heard?" she asked, "I figured EVERYONE in the school would know by now."
    Derrick raised his eyebrows at her, waiting for her to answer her own question.
    "We broke up," she said.
    "I'm sorry," Derrick said sincerely, "I honestly didn't know until now."
    "I find that hard to believe."
    "No really! I mean, I saw you crying outside with your friends and thought that MAYBE you broke up but, I never heard anything confirming it." Wish I had...
    Jade sighed. "Yeah, well it seemed he found someone prettier to chase."
    "Oh come on," Derrick said, wanting badly to take her hand, "don't you go thinking you aren't pretty!"
    "Thanks," Jade smiled, "it was more than that anyway. He and I wanted different things and...once I really sat down and thought deeply about it I realized I didn't want to be with someone like him."
    "So you broke it off?"
    "No, he did. I guess that's what it took to come to my senses about him."
    Derrick couldn't help feeling thrilled, but he had to keep a straight face. He really did feel bad for her.
    "Well," he said sitting back, "I'm glad you realized that you deserve better."
    Jade's beautiful smile appeared once more. "You know," she said, as if they never had the previous discussion, "you aren't like the other guys in school."
    "I hope that's a GOOD thing!" Derrick chuckled while trying to keep himself from blushing.
    "It is," Jade replied honestly, "I'm sorry for rejecting you before."
    "No, Jade," Derrick corrected, "I'M sorry. You had every right to be upset."

The two continued to talk for another 30 minutes and realized it was time to get back home before both of them got in trouble. As they walked out of the diner, Jade stopped Derrick for a moment and said, "Thank you for the shake. I really had a nice time with you this afternoon."
    "Me too," Derrick said, gazing into her eyes. "It almost felt like we have been friends this whole time."
    "It did," Jade agreed, inching closer. Then she did something Derrick didn't expect. She took his hand.
    Derrick felt his heart skip a beat, but he couldn't help but ask, "Hey...what happened to us just being friends?" He was kind of kidding.
    Jade smiled and said, "We've already been friends Derrick." Then she paused, looking down. "I just foolishly refused to see it."
    Derrick took her other hand and couldn't believe what he was about to ask but...
    "Do you think," he began nervously, "that maybe...we could try taking our friendship to another level...like say...I see you and you see me and we don't see anyone else?" I hope that didn't sound ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ!

Willyougosteadywithme_zpse29033fc.jpg

Jade smiled and inched in just a little more closer to him.
    "How about you do the same spontaneous thing you did to me before and...my answer will be yes."
    Derrick smiled brightly and didn't hesitate for a moment.

DerrickkissingJade_zps45525225.jpg

He didn't think that life could ever be so magical!

:)

Stay tuned!

***Please "Like" my chapter comments so I know that you are continuing to read them. It inspires me to write more knowing I have an audience. :) Thank you for your support!***

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 10

2 weeks later Derrick was still on Cloud 9 about his relationship with Jade. He just couldn't believe she was his girlfriend!! They met up after every class just to say "Hi," and share a kiss or two and it was hard to stay apart after school as well. Michael didn't mind his son's relationship but he still often reminded him to not get too carried away. Bailey's relationship with Shark on the other hand, was a completely different story. As far as he knew his daughter HADN'T woohooed with Shark, but his fears got the better of him. His and Bailey's trust in each other has been so rocky over the past year that he was almost to the point where he didn't know WHAT to do or say to her about her relationship. Constantly he felt like the whole thing was...hopeless. Anytime he felt like he needed to get away, he literally did and went to visit his sweetheart, Jenni and their son. Ken was really starting to enjoy and look forward to the almost daily visits with daddy. Michael longed to be there for him ALL the time.

On this Friday night, a little after 7 pm, Bailey had of course been out with Shark, but unexpectedly came home early. She bust in through the front door, panting, and noticed Molly and Andrea doing their homework at the dining table. The two girls stared at her curiously.
    "Where's dad?" Bailey asked in a short breath.
    "He's up in his room doing something," Molly answered.
    "What's wrong with you?" Andrea asked.
    "I don't feel good!" Bailey replied annoyingly and she staggered up the stairs.

Once Bailey reached her father's door, she placed her hand on the wall to support herself and tried catching her breath. Why do I feel so dizzy? she asked herself, maybe it was from all the pedaling. But there was no time to take a break, she needed to talk to her dad immediately.
    Michael jumped when Bailey burst through the door. "Dad!" she cried.
    "Bailey?" Michael greeted questionably, noticing her inability to stand and heavy breathing. "Are you alright?" he asked, closing his laptop and coming to her.
    "Dad," Bailey staggered, grabbing his arms, "I was...at the juice bar with Shark...and his friends." She paused, taking in a big breath of air. "We were having...tons of fun...until Shark...really started coming on to me."
    Worried, Michael placed his hands on her face to hold his gaze with her. "And?" he pressed.
    Bailey closed her eyes tight and shook her head, trying to shrug off the dizziness she was experiencing.
    Michael interpreted it in a different way. "It's ok," he said tenderly, "you can tell me."
    "Well," Bailey struggled to continue, "he led me to the bathrooms...and started kissing me...passionately. I dunno why but...it just felt weird! I tried...to talk to him about it but...he wouldn't stop."
    "Yes?"
    Then her behavior turned to panic. "I can't let him catch up to me!"
    "What are you talking about?"
    Bailey shook her head again. It was getting harder and harder to speak and to focus on her dad. "I felt...uncomfortable...so I pushed him away. He...got angry...and was dragging me...back to the bathrooms." She held her hand to her heart. "But I kicked him...and managed to get away. I ran out to my bike...pedaled back here as fast as I could...then he and his friends...were chasing me on their bikes. I was SO scared! I got...ahead...but they might have caught up!"
    With a surge of emotion, Michael instantly ran to the window to see if the guys were out there.
    "I don't see anyone." he said. He let out a breath of relief.
    "Dad..." Bailey said, noticing that everything was spinning around her. "I really...don't feel well."
    "You said they were on bikes?" Michael continued.
    Then he heard a loud thump.
    Turning he found Bailey passed out on the floor. "BAILEY!" he cried.

Bailey%20fainting_zpspkjyrriy.jpg

He threw himself onto the floor by her side. Patting her cheek a little he tried to get a response. "Bailey?"
    Nothing.
    He then checked her pulse and discovered it was quite weak, considering the great physical exertion it took to pedal home so quickly.
    Molly and Andrea, after hearing the loud thump, came into the room and gasped seeing Bailey on the floor passed out.
    Michael didn't take notice immediately. He thought to better examine her he would need to get her off the floor and into her bed. Carefully he picked up her lifeless body.
    The girls moved aside from the doorway. "What happened dad?" Andrea asked concernedly.
    "Not sure," Michael said slowly moving past them. "Could you get that old medical bag of mine from my bottom drawer please Andrea?" he called back, "and Molly could you go downstairs and get a cold, wet washcloth please?"
    The girls didn't hesitate for a second.
    Downstairs when Molly found a washcloth and began running it under cold water, Tristan approached her and asked, "What was that sound? What are you doing?"
    "Something's wrong with Bailey," she said, wringing the water out of the washcloth. "Dad's taking care of her and I have to bring this up to him."
    In curiosity and concern, Tristan followed her.

Once they reached Bailey's room they saw their dad seated beside her bed and shining a light into her eyes. Andrea was a little ways off watching, with teary eyes.
    "Here you go dad," Molly said, handing him the washcloth.
    "Thank you Molly," he said, tucking the flashlight into his shirt pocket and taking the washcloth from her.
    "What happened to Bailey dad?" Tristan asked.
    "I'm trying to figure that out," Michael said with a louder tone than he meant. He heard Andrea sniffing behind him and he turned and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be ok," he said offering comfort, "but I need you kids to step out and give me a chance to concentrate and take care of your sister."
    Andrea nodded, understanding.
    Molly and Tristan frowned and reluctantly left the room. Andrea followed and gently closed the door behind her.

After checking Bailey's reflexes, which was hard to do with her laying down, Michael felt he pretty much had the diagnosis and he wasn't happy about it. He'd seen a few situations like this back in medical school. The deciding factor would be to check her blood pressure and he did just that. He sighed when he discovered it was quite low. For a time, he just sat there in disbelief.

The date ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ drug. It all adds up.

Michael buried his face in his hands and tried to control his emotions. Anger, concern, disbelief, and worry flowed through his brain all at once. Then it dawned on him to go look outside the window again to see if there was any trace of Shark and his friends. Thankfully, there wasn't. Sitting back down beside Bailey, he stroked her cheek and said, "You're gonna be ok sweetheart. I'll take care of this." Realizing her face felt warm, he took the cold washcloth and dabbed at her forehead. He really took comfort in the fact that she came to him and told him what happened and more importantly...that she resisted Shark. For the first time in a LONG time, he felt there was hope for his daughter. He was really proud of her! But he had to focus back on the situation at hand.

He knew EXACTLY who to call and vowed not to leave Bailey's side until the effects of the drug wore off.

mike%20keeping%20vigil%20over%20bailey_zpsxkcephto.jpg

Stay tuned for more! :)